Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

Hi guys, glad to see that development is continuing on the SE conversion. When we were playing on LE, this mod was a 'must have' staple for my wife and I, and when conversion tools started to come out for SSE it was one of the first mods we privately ported.

However, we always ran into the same problem: everything else worked, but the haircut sequence would never start when we sat in the barber's chair. We'd choose our hairstyle in dialogue, but then after we sat down the YPS actor would never come over and do the haircut. This was pretty much a game breaker for us as it's such a central feature. When the SE conversion came out here, we ran into the same problem, and ultimately we had to give up and switch to running Dirt & Blood instead for hair management.

So, long story short... can you get haircuts in YPS SE now? Is there something you have to do in order to get it to work? Please advise... we're getting ready to update the needs mods in our current profile and my other half would be pretty happy if we could start using YPS again.

That's a really great mod and you have all my thanks.

I just face two one (minor) inconveniences.

After shaving either pubs or armpits, with the full animation, my char stays stuck in place like if the method to release her was not called. I've waited for like 1-2 minutes, when everything else runs smoothly. Maybe another mod messes with yours. But if I quicksave / quickload, it's all good. Seems it was due to the "Cover self" animation from Cursed Loot.

Also, to have the possiblty to manually start the mod rather than have it start auto would be great, since I use the same base character with all my mods configured to my liking for all playthroughs, just editing it in Racemenu before starting to play. Now I have to Launch the game, make my edits, quit, load the mod and restart.

Anyway, thanks again for your amazing work !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AthenaESIV
On 6/9/2020 at 10:54 PM, saltshade said:

Is this still an FPS killer that constantly runs a script to detect piercing even if we disable that part?

I'm curious about this too, how does this mod perform. Also is it possible to make it not run scans on NPCs for any feature at all and only scan player to improve performance.

16 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

I'm curious about this too, how does this mod perform. Also is it possible to make it not run scans on NPCs for any feature at all and only scan player to improve performance.

I don´t know about the part where it may run when disabled but I once spent a fortune on piercing my whole character and the mod spammed a piercing message every few seconds and the game performance dropped significantly. Not doing that again.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:24 PM, AkiKay said:

I don´t know about the part where it may run when disabled but I once spent a fortune on piercing my whole character and the mod spammed a piercing message every few seconds and the game performance dropped significantly. Not doing that again.

You should increase the timing for how often the mod does a check on your char. It doesn't have to run checks every second or even five seconds. It's ridiculously low by default. I haven't had any issues with the SE version, but I increased the time just in case and disabled everything that had to do with NPCs.

Hi folks, I posted asking for help before updating the probable crash-source-mod to its latest version and now I look silly. So for the record, shaving your pubic hair with Version 2.3 of Better Female wrists, hands, ankles, and leg ratio twists for XPMSE causes a reproducible CTD. Upgrading to Version 2.51 resolves the problem. 

I am getting some unexpected behavior when my character shaves her pubic hair. I've attached two crash logs along with a modwatch link. The log with the earlier time stamp was done with quick shaving turned off; the second log is with quick saving turned on. The common thread of these two seems to be  [ 173]    BSFadeNode(Name: `skeleton_female.nif`), but I was hoping that someone with a better eye for interpreting the crash logs could help me narrow down the issue. The Female Skeleton NIF is provided by "Better Female wrists hands ankles and leg ratio twists for XPMSSE". I do see that this mod has been updated recently so I am going to try rolling up to the latest version to see if that fixes the problem.

Modwatch Link

Can anyone assist?

Crash_2020_11_30_21-40-19.txt Crash_2020_11_30_20-52-6.txt

I have to admit, I do like this mod for all it tries to achieve. 

I had to disable the hair styling section as it wasn't recognizing the KSHairdos-SMP, but I rarely change my hair as it is. 

Some of the scripted processes can be a little slow, up to about a minute, but haven't gotten any CTDs. I use Engine Fixes and NetFramework Bug Fixes, so this is pretty much a non issue to me.

Other than that, the piercings and body hair management work almost seamlessly with the needs and immersion mods I use. I have it to where my PC needs to shave around bathing time every 3rd day, the aches from the clit piercing while it was healing seemed to happen almost every time my PC needed to pee, and the whole thing is slotting in beautifully with The Sisterhood of Dibella mod.

5 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

I had to disable the hair styling section as it wasn't recognizing the KSHairdos-SMP, but I rarely change my hair as it is. 

Someone posted an updated json file for KSHairdos-SMP to work with YPS let me see if I can find that and link it for you. 

****EDIT****

NVM it was actually in the download section

You need this

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.355713b396e638c4beebc8f272d58d0d.png

PSA (and sorry if this info has already been posted)

YOU MUST CHANGE THE JSON FILES IF YOU WANT TO USE THE KS HDT HAIRS ON THIS MOD.

The current JSON files in both the main mod and the downloadable json addon have names that begin with '1'  (ex: '1Cliche')

They need to instead begin with 'KSSMP_' (ex: 'KSSMP_Cliche')

Edit: I'll put my fixed json files here just in case. This goes in the SKSE/Plugins/ypsFashion folder of the main mod (or the JSON mod if you are using that, and it is overwriting)

As a little disclaimer, you need this mod for it to work... --> KS Hairdos - HDT SMP (Physics) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community

ypsHairDefault.json

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp.json

On 10/8/2020 at 9:01 AM, T-lam said:

Cathedral Optimizer, as the mod is made for LE

As soon as I read that torn out page, I got a quest entry.

Look maybe Whiterun Nazeem's wife. If you got the quest entry, she should have a marker.

I cannot remember exactly which was the next NPC to talk to after reading this page.

You have to talk to several.

But  you should first have the quest entry.

Quest won't start for me either, whether I use CAO on the chastity piercing mod or not.

Anyone have updated scripts? Many of the mods for SE use different esps. For example, HN66 sleek outfits was merged with the litheria race mod by HN66, so now the esp is just HN66 Litheria SE.esp. Even the SE ports where the esp name is unchanged don't seem to be getting picked up. For example, I have KS Jewelery for SE which uses the same esp name, but it doesn't seem to be getting picked up. None of the items show up in the vendors.

The other point is that since this uses Game.GetModByName to detect installed esps, that function won't be compatible with mods that have been converted to esl/esp-fe. Maybe a keyword system should be used instead?

The 0fawn hairstyle is still available on the Nexus KS Hairdos SSE under the old downloads KS Hairdo's SSE - Female - v1.61F.

The easiest way to make this work is to make an override file of the 0fawn editor ids, as these KS files have identical names.

Then copy out the 0fawn files in meshes and textures to the correct locations, or simply make ano override mod with just tese.

The style looks similar to 0Steammist or kssmp_steammist.

Not sure what's going on but for some reason I can't get any of the piercings to show up. I've done the whole edit the overlay amounts in the ini file, I have slavetats 1.3.5.2 and I have all 3 files installed. None of the piercings show up or are detected by SlaveTats SE.