Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

• 2 weeks later...

Monoman updated his fashion tweaks to 1.6 that switches from using slavetats to using racemenu overlays. That is found here:

For me this update causes the Stockings to disappear. Everything still works fine except that they are invisible. As far as he could tell this is caused by a failure of PapyrusUtil to look up the form list of the stockings.

Does anyone using his Fashion Tweaks from Version 1.5 and up have the same problem? Does it work for you?

Hey, hoping someone can help me out here?

I can get everything else to work. Body hair, style changing, etc, but I cannot get the stylists to give my character a hair makeover.

I thought at first maybe it was Immersive Interactions. Turned off all of the options there. Then I thought maybe for some reason it was the fact my character is a vampire. So, I cured the vampirism...

I also thought it might be Real Names. Turned off Real Names and... it's still a problem.

I never had this problem on my old mod list. I have tried both this version, and the oldrim version, converted.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

On 5/19/2021 at 9:12 AM, keitsoru said:

Hey, hoping someone can help me out here?

I can get everything else to work. Body hair, style changing, etc, but I cannot get the stylists to give my character a hair makeover.

I thought at first maybe it was Immersive Interactions. Turned off all of the options there. Then I thought maybe for some reason it was the fact my character is a vampire. So, I cured the vampirism...

I also thought it might be Real Names. Turned off Real Names and... it's still a problem.

I never had this problem on my old mod list. I have tried both this version, and the oldrim version, converted.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Weird Are you giving a list when you go to the hairdresser? what happens exactly??

14 hours ago, lucakro said:

Weird Are you giving a list when you go to the hairdresser? what happens exactly??

Yes, I'm given a list, I get the prompts for what I want, etc. As soon as it's time to actually sit down, it's like the script fails to fire.

5 hours ago, keitsoru said:

As soon as I confirm what I want for the hair makeover. I've also checked in SSEEdit, nothing appears to be overwriting it.

Can you try turning on quick "haircutting" in the mcm

Not sure what it's called.

Can you take a look at the hairdata base

I've got a similar issue I think regarding one hairmod but all the rest are working maybe try the vanilla haircuts.

Facing issue with the mod not working at all on my side.

Menu appears in MCM, I can change settings, but no prompt for the mod to take control of the hairstyle, nor any notification for hair growth if I wait for example.

The mod basically seems inactive once MCM loaded.
Tried reinstalling the mod with all files and created a new game each time to make sure this isn't related.

Any idea where could this come from? I feel like I must have missed a dependency or messed something up.

2 hours ago, lucakro said:

Can you try turning on quick "haircutting" in the mcm

Not sure what it's called.

Can you take a look at the hairdata base

I've got a similar issue I think regarding one hairmod but all the rest are working maybe try the vanilla haircuts.

I've tried with quick haircuts. The problem persists. As for hairdata base, do you mean the Default.json? Because each of the default hairstyles I have listed work. I should mention as well, when I use the Scissors (Debug) item, haircut happens just fine. It's something specifically with the script for the NPC option.

2 minutes ago, keitsoru said:

I've tried with quick haircuts. The problem persists. As for hairdata base, do you mean the Default.json? Because each of the default hairstyles I have listed work.

Yeah We have the same issue. I can't remember updating anything that would impact it but somehow one hairpack mod that worked 4 months ago doesn't work today. All the others seem to work, I have the files set up correctly in the database and it's own file too.

Selecting the hair in racemenu works fine. 

I have with this Dint999

What hairmod are you using that has this issue?

1 hour ago, lucakro said:

Yeah We have the same issue. I can't remember updating anything that would impact it but somehow one hairpack mod that worked 4 months ago doesn't work today. All the others seem to work, I have the files set up correctly in the database and it's own file too.

Selecting the hair in racemenu works fine. 

I have with this Dint999

What hairmod are you using that has this issue?

Not sure if you saw my edit, but just want to draw attention to it to be sure. I noted that the debug item works fine.

I use KS Hairdos SMP. Worked fine with my previous mod list.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:37 PM, keitsoru said:

Not sure if you saw my edit, but just want to draw attention to it to be sure. I noted that the debug item works fine.

I use KS Hairdos SMP. Worked fine with my previous mod list.

Hey, I found a fix for me at least.

KS Hairdoss SMP works for me but Dint999 didn't

I put the names of Dint999 hairstyles in KS Hairdoss SMPs file and they work

I suggest just copying the names of Ks Hairdoss SMPs hairstyles into the skyrim file.

Good luck

On 5/22/2021 at 6:51 PM, keitsoru said:

As soon as I confirm what I want for the hair makeover. I've also checked in SSEEdit, nothing appears to be overwriting it.

You're not stuck in the conversation still by any chance?

For me I choose the hairstyle, she says to go find somewhere to sit and the conversation never ends. If I tab out of the conversation and sit somewhere it triggers as it should.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:00 AM, blacksw said:

You're not stuck in the conversation still by any chance?

For me I choose the hairstyle, she says to go find somewhere to sit and the conversation never ends. If I tab out of the conversation and sit somewhere it triggers as it should.

No, I'm exiting the conversation. I go to find a place to sit (usually the barber chair) and nothing happens.

On 5/25/2021 at 8:46 AM, lucakro said:

Hey, I found a fix for me at least.

KS Hairdoss SMP works for me but Dint999 didn't

I put the names of Dint999 hairstyles in KS Hairdoss SMPs file and they work

I suggest just copying the names of Ks Hairdoss SMPs hairstyles into the skyrim file.

Good luck

In the Skyrim file? What do you mean?

41 minutes ago, keitsoru said:

No, I'm exiting the conversation. I go to find a place to sit (usually the barber chair) and nothing happens.

In the Skyrim file? What do you mean?

YPS had these JSON files that hold the refrence name, lenght and style of the haircuts. All those combined is what shows up when you get the select hairstyle menu thing.

If you take Copy paste the names of the KS Hairdoss SMP into the JSON file with the vanilla skyrim hairstyles, they should work (at least that is how I fixed my Dint999 hairstyles issue).

You do need to keep the same format, so I suggest just copy all the names (and commas and spaces) and then pasting them between the first and the 2nd where possible although you will need to add some lines I believe.

Also are you using monoman's fixed version? You may also wanna add a line for length 20 and 21 and put the same hairstyles in it as are in 19. If you dont know what I mean, Ignore it.

I could also make it for you, If you want? Will require some time though.

Im having a problem with the hairstyles as i get the list to choose one but they all make me have the same vanilla haircut, i have the Ks hair mod

10 hours ago, lucakro said:

YPS had these JSON files that hold the refrence name, lenght and style of the haircuts. All those combined is what shows up when you get the select hairstyle menu thing.

If you take Copy paste the names of the KS Hairdoss SMP into the JSON file with the vanilla skyrim hairstyles, they should work (at least that is how I fixed my Dint999 hairstyles issue).

You do need to keep the same format, so I suggest just copy all the names (and commas and spaces) and then pasting them between the first and the 2nd where possible although you will need to add some lines I believe.

Also are you using monoman's fixed version? You may also wanna add a line for length 20 and 21 and put the same hairstyles in it as are in 19. If you dont know what I mean, Ignore it.

I could also make it for you, If you want? Will require some time though.

Would probably be easier if you doctored a json up for me, and I can try it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 3:21 AM, WhatRules said:

Is there anyone here who have managed to open the pubic hair textures with the alpha channel intact? When I try to open it in photoshop (with the DDS plugin) I'm getting a black image without alpha channel, and when I try to open it in GIMP I'm getting an "unsupported DXGI format (98)" error. Is there any other method?

The problem is that it has a clear seam in the lower edge on UNP bodies, and I want to do the job that the author of the UNP textures didn't do.

Im using se bhunp 3bbba and i have seams with tats.  and toe nail polish doesnt appear.   I remember having the same issues with the LE originally until a mod author made a conversion of a cbbe mod to unp, then yps worked perfectly.  

I tried installing the latest version of this mod (new SSE build).  I get an error with the installer using MO2: Line 1, Column 3: Argument at position 0 has incorrect type for CompareWBVersion, expected string got integer.  I am going to try and fix this but I thought you should know.

EDIT:
I found the issue.  You were missing the quotes around the comparison value in the first line:

If CompareWBVersion(304) < 0
    Cancel "Wrye Bash outdated outdated.\nPlease update to the latest version before installing this mod."

I put the quotes around it and rezipped it.  It now works.  However, You might want to do a little more refining this code a bit as straightforeward comparison of string values is not generally going to give you a reliable result when talking about version numbers (since it is evaluating the number in alphabetical order terms).

Edited by shebop
  • 2 weeks later...