Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

On 11/23/2021 at 6:38 AM, Michele Magus said:

The problem is in the first section of Wizard.txt inside of yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2.1).7z

Replace it with this one. It has been buggered for a few years now.

The rest of Wizard.txt after it is fine.

If CompareWBVersion("304") < 0
    Cancel "Wrye Bash outdated outdated.\nPlease update to the latest version before installing this mod."
EndIf
;If CompareGameVersion("1.9.32.0") < 0
;    Cancel "Skyrim version outdated.\nPlease update to the latest version before installing this mod."
;    FatalError
;EndIf

thanks for the info will help when i get it reinstalled after everything gets caught up to AE now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there going to be an update to 1.6.3? MCM works fine but hair isnt changing in game, also when i have to select hairstyle and hair color it doesnt detect any style avaliable, it gets freezed without no hair choices and when i press tab it cancels the selection

Edited by herobrinelag
19 hours ago, herobrinelag said:

Is there going to be an update to 1.6.3? MCM works fine but hair isnt changing in game, also when i have to select hairstyle and hair color it doesnt detect any style avaliable, it gets freezed without no hair choices and when i press tab it cancels the selection

The mod is dead. What you see is what you get right now. 

For hair styles you need hair mods as this mod doesn't come with hair styles. You will also have to populate the custom hair file yourself by looking for the mesh name and placing it in the appropriate fields in the MCM. 

Been posting around on the related threads, just can't figure out what is going on here. Using various recommended patches and updates, but even when creating a brand new character, YPS refuses to update hair. It just doesn't do anything... Using KS Hairdo's, the related .json should work, right? Would a custom list work?

6 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Been posting around on the related threads, just can't figure out what is going on here. Using various recommended patches and updates, but even when creating a brand new character, YPS refuses to update hair. It just doesn't do anything... Using KS Hairdo's, the related .json should work, right? Would a custom list work?

This mod may not work with the AE version of SKyrim. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 12:31 AM, ebbluminous said:

Note sure if this is related to the AE stuff going on:

Recently if I click the empty piercing box or the stockings and pantyhose box, I don't get the popup.

I am still on SE before the update, but I accidentally updated and did the rollback.

Maybe you already resolved your issue, but are you using the fix posted by blodtanner on the previous page?

While I didn't have any issues with piercing boxes the same happened for me with the stockings and pantyhose box (no popup showing up).
I started a new game (well coc qasmoke from main menu) and with the fix enabled it didn't work, without it the popup showed up as intended (and stockings were applied properly)

On a side note @blodtanner if I use the files you posted the pubics still do not work. The tattoo version works fine (if SoS pubics are disabled) but using the option the pubics never get applied (and, I'm not really sure about that one, doesn't even display any notifications about pubics growing)

Maybe it will help someone else, although I won't guarantee it, I attached the edited scripts that fixed it for me.

It is based on blodtanners files posted on the previous page, however I reverted any included changes to the stockings & nylons, which seemed to prevent me from using the item properly. I also had to change the SOS Pubics application (to make it work for me) and slightly changed the states.

Before, 5 Steps:
Landing Strip -> Bushy -> Normal -> Wild -> Untamed

After, 6 Steps with variants:
Landing Strip OR Stripe OR Neat Trim -> Bushy OR Heart -> Normal -> Wild -> Very Bushy -> Untamed OR Natural

I also added a debug notification to show if the script wasn't able to find the SOS addon. The variants obviously require ALL of the addons being installed (since they are part of the same mod they usually should fulfill this requirement) but if one is missing for whatever reason it should go back to the "default" type (the first one mentioned, identical to blodtanners version)

Another thing I noticed is that SOS Sexlab Addon (LE Mod but working for SE) does interfere with the script, because the included Schlongs of Skyrim.esp changes the FormID of the SOS Misc Quest. This can be fixed easily by changing back the FormID using xEdit or modifying the SOS_API.psc script, but the latter might break other addons / stuff.
I also attached a pre-modified esp (Identical to the one found in SOS Sexlab Addon, except for the mentioned quest formid)
THIS IS ONLY OF RELEVANCE IF YOU USE THE MENTIONED PLUGIN / ADDON!

Disclaimer:
I'm not experienced in papyrus at all and don't know any of its quirks, so my files might or might not work for you. They do for me, so I thought I could share them in case someone else got similar issues or wants to give them a try. If you consider giving them a try I'd recommend you to test them in a fresh save however.

Also don't expect any support by me, I simply tried to fix stuff for myself and as long as its working I don't intend to expand it or want to try fixing issues I can't reproduce for myself.

YPS Pubics Tweak.zip Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

Edited by HannoJojo
Added Files that fixed it for me
On 12/20/2021 at 6:50 PM, HannoJojo said:

Maybe you already resolved your issue, but are you using the fix posted by blodtanner on the previous page?

While I didn't have any issues with piercing boxes the same happened for me with the stockings and pantyhose box (no popup showing up).
I started a new game (well coc qasmoke from main menu) and with the fix enabled it didn't work, without it the popup showed up as intended (and stockings were applied properly)

On a side note @blodtanner if I use the files you posted the pubics still do not work. The tattoo version works fine (if SoS pubics are disabled) but using the option the pubics never get applied (and, I'm not really sure about that one, doesn't even display any notifications about pubics growing)

Maybe it will help someone else, although I won't guarantee it, I attached the edited scripts that fixed it for me.

It is based on blodtanners files posted on the previous page, however I reverted any included changes to the stockings & nylons, which seemed to prevent me from using the item properly. I also had to change the SOS Pubics application (to make it work for me) and slightly changed the states.

Before, 5 Steps:

Landing Strip OR Stripe OR Neat Trim -> Bushy OR Heart -> Normal -> Wild -> Very Bushy -> Untamed OR Natural

I also added a debug notification to show if the script wasn't able to find the SOS addon. The variants obviously require ALL of the addons being installed (since they are part of the same mod they usually should fulfill this requirement) but if one is missing for whatever reason it should go back to the "default" type (the first one mentioned, identical to blodtanners version)

Another thing I noticed is that SOS Sexlab Addon (LE Mod but working for SE) does interfere with the script, because the included Schlongs of Skyrim.esp changes the FormID of the SOS Misc Quest. This can be fixed easily by changing back the FormID using xEdit or modifying the SOS_API.psc script, but the latter might break other addons / stuff.
I also attached a pre-modified esp (Identical to the one found in SOS Sexlab Addon, except for the mentioned quest formid)

Disclaimer:
I'm not experienced in papyrus at all and don't know any of its quirks, so my files might or might not work for you. They do for me, so I thought I could share them in case someone else got similar issues or wants to give them a try. If you consider giving them a try I'd recommend you to test them in a fresh save however.

Also don't expect any support by me, I simply tried to fix stuff for myself and as long as its working I don't intend to expand it or want to try fixing issues I can't reproduce for myself.

YPS Pubics Tweak.zip 113.3 kB · 0 downloads Schlongs of Skyrim.esp 26.5 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for this!

8 hours ago, HannoJojo said:

Out of curiosity: Does it work fine for you or are there any issues you had with it?

Just wondering if my solution was strictly bound to my setup or not.

Honestly, I didn't actually need the fixes you made (only using the heels feature), but I thought it was kind of you to go out of your way and post your fix for others, so I wanted to say thanks :classic_happy:

On 12/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, ebbluminous said:

Next YPS question - Does anyone know of compatible hairpacks that have hair styles longer than calf length?

Looking at the configs, I see Dint999's hairs have two ankle-length hairstyles and Holiday Gift Hairdos.esp has a "rapunzel length" hairstyle.

On 12/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, nothindoin said:

Can you go in and delete ypsdefaulthair.json (vanilla hair) if you don't want vanilla hair to show up every growth stage?

Don't delete it, edit it so that it lists the hairstyles you want to show up (from bald to rapunzel length).

On 12/11/2021 at 2:54 AM, MysticDaedra said:

So I've been futzing around with YPS and I've had some of the same issues, but I've gotten the hair to work semi-reliably now including with a custom list. One thing to note, though, is that if something is misaligned with the jsons (and probably other things as well) then the hair will just stay as is.

First off, I find that if I try to apply YPS hair management to an existing save then it usually just plain doesn't work. It's almost always necessary (and tedious) to start a new game from scratch in my experience.

Secondly, make sure that the json with the hair pack you're using in ypsHairDefault.json is included in the ypsHairDatabase.json (KS Hair should be), because if it isn't it won't work in game and it'll appear as if no change is happening. The name of the hair pack json should match the name of the plug-in you load with that hair. I do think there are a few typos (or inconsistencies from version upgrades along the way) here and there which throws sand into the gears. The hairstyle name themselves should match what you see in racemenu.

Hope that helps.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, nothindoin said:

Can you go in and delete ypsdefaulthair.json (vanilla hair) if you don't want vanilla hair to show up every growth stage?

As long as it has the (vanilla hair) part of the filename, it won't do anything. Your default hair is defined by ypsDefaultHair.json <-- with no brackets afterwards. The various other ones - like (vanilla hair) or (only KS HAIRDOS) are there so you can delete the bracketed part and replace ypsdefaulthair.json if you prefer the list of hairs in that list. Those files will just sit there and do nothing, so no reason to delete them really.

Confusingly, most of the provided ypsdefaulthair.json (alternatives) include some vanilla hair and some KS hair no matter what, simply because there weren't enough styles at each length. To fully get rid of any vanilla hair (or KS Hair or anything else), you have to go into ypsdefaulthair.json and paste in hairstyles you like.

The vanilla hairstyles all have names like HairFemale[something]. KS Hairdo styles are all in the style of 0Getup, 0Fawn and so on, while SMP styles are all KSSMP_[style name]. It should match what you see in racemenu when you change hairstyles; and you should be able to get the name (and appropriate lengths) from the various hairstyle .jsons.

Question:

I'm reactivating Immersive Fashion, getting ready for a playthrough of war times daughter. I've got hair working fine, but for some reason none of the make up appear. I can get the items and apply them - and I get the effects like "feeling pretty" and so on - but neither eyeshadow nor lipstick actually shows up... nor does stockings. When I go to slavetats to apply them manually, I can select the makeup slavetat section and I see things like CBBE eyeshadow and lipstick, but when I select pattern options they don't "'stick" in the menu and remain [no tattoo].

Interestingly, I can manually apply running mascara in slavetats no problem.

I have rapetats and fade tattoo, if that makes a difference.

Does anyone have any ideas for what to look at?

3 hours ago, Anunya said:

Question:

I'm reactivating Immersive Fashion, getting ready for a playthrough of war times daughter. I've got hair working fine, but for some reason none of the make up appear. I can get the items and apply them - and I get the effects like "feeling pretty" and so on - but neither eyeshadow nor lipstick actually shows up... nor does stockings. When I go to slavetats to apply them manually, I can select the makeup slavetat section and I see things like CBBE eyeshadow and lipstick, but when I select pattern options they don't "'stick" in the menu and remain [no tattoo].

Interestingly, I can manually apply running mascara in slavetats no problem.

I have rapetats and fade tattoo, if that makes a difference.

Does anyone have any ideas for what to look at?

I think there is an .ini file setting somewhere for the maximum number of overlays, which could be a potential problem source.

5 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

I think there is an .ini file setting somewhere for the maximum number of overlays, which could be a potential problem source.

Thank you :)

I'm pretty sure I've pumped that up super high already (and I don't have any other overlays active, and I can add other, non-makeup overlays no problem), but I'll give that another go just to make sure.

On 12/20/2021 at 1:50 PM, HannoJojo said:

Before, 5 Steps:

Disclaimer:

YPS Pubics Tweak.zip 113.3 kB · 15 downloads Schlongs of Skyrim.esp 26.5 kB · 12 downloads

Your Pubics Tweak is brilliant. Thank you. I generally play as an Aedra (Custom race on nexus) and your tweak actually got the SE SOS NPC Pubic Hair stages to appear on my character.

11 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

Your Pubics Tweak is brilliant. Thank you. I generally play as an Aedra (Custom race on nexus) and your tweak actually got the SE SOS NPC Pubic Hair stages to appear on my character.

Glad it's working for you too and thanks for some actual feedback. While I said I don't plan on "supporting" it, it's nice to hear that it helped someone else.

Still I hope that there aren't any long-term issues to be found.. I wouldn't say I'm clueless when it comes to scripting / programming, but except for a super simple auto-close door script (changed to fit my needs) it was the first time "properly" fiddling with papyrus for me.

That being said, part of the "fix" was removing some .. let's call them... "man-in-the-middle scripts" and I don't really know why it was written like that to begin with.

It kinda was like:

Main.psc calls function x from script1.psc which calls y from script2.psc which called z from SOS_API.psc
both "x" and "y" only called the next function without providing anything new (no parameters, nothing) so I just changed it so Main.psc directly calls the function from the SOS_API.

Maybe those steps were actually totally unnecessary, because it looked like blodtanners tweak was based on an older, but also bigger Tweak for the LE version and it was just a left-over he didn't get rid off, maybe there is actually a good reason why it was like that.
If there was and someone can explain it to me I'd be glad to learn about it, but either way keeping it that way didn't work for me while the "direct approach" did.

Edited by HannoJojo