Hey, Pama, I just find sth interesting about your guillotine.

I tested your guillotine MK2(upfacing one), finding sometimes corpse will fall down automatically from board. As I changed to 1st view and moved the body apart a little angle from the beginning position for several times, I found that a little angles is enough(10 degrees enough ). I guessed it relates to the collision of board and corpse, especially hands. Making collision of the board smaller and changing a little angel of victim and the board might makes it easier to happen. Or providing a struggle force to make the corpse move down from board, like mod from SAC (Just Hang sse).

So, if you have extra time, will you make a new guillotine with coffin nearby? That might be more realistic.

Great mod, Pama?

On 1/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, Flegmenth said:

It's good to hear that you might start with the Bad End's. Maybe you can combine Bad End's and Prison Overhaul or so? Dragonborn will be ececuted because (s)he stole a sweat roll by accident seems a little...

Now that you have finished many furnitures, perhaps you can add a preset about crime and linked execution way in MCM, like murderer must be ended by guillotine.

Always thanks for you, Pama~

The general idea here was to have a separate prison for Death penalty-worthy crimes. Threshold of bounty required to be send to this prison would be configurable in the MCM.

crimes below that threshhold would use the regular prison system. or a replacement like Prison Overhaul.

On 1/24/2021 at 7:39 PM, Flegmenth said:

Hey, Pama, I just find sth interesting about your guillotine.

I tested your guillotine MK2(upfacing one), finding sometimes corpse will fall down automatically from board. As I changed to 1st view and moved the body apart a little angle from the beginning position for several times, I found that a little angles is enough(10 degrees enough ). I guessed it relates to the collision of board and corpse, especially hands. Making collision of the board smaller and changing a little angel of victim and the board might makes it easier to happen. Or providing a struggle force to make the corpse move down from board, like mod from SAC (Just Hang sse).

So, if you have extra time, will you make a new guillotine with coffin nearby? That might be more realistic.

Great mod, Pama?

The corpse behavior with the upfacing guilloutine varies wildly, depending on installed mods and physic configs. I had occasions when the body just did a bloody backflip over the entire device. The behavior i actually want is for the corpse to remain on the table. which just doesn't work with the up facing pose, due to the ragdoll physics. but any controlled removal is beyond the scope of this modders-ressource type mod. Stuff like this should be implemented by a complete mod like the planned execution mod.

11 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

The corpse behavior with the upfacing guilloutine varies wildly, depending on installed mods and physic configs. I had occasions when the body just did a bloody backflip over the entire device. The behavior i actually want is for the corpse to remain on the table. which just doesn't work with the up facing pose, due to the ragdoll physics. but any controlled removal is beyond the scope of this modders-ressource type mod. Stuff like this should be implemented by a complete mod like the planned execution mod.

I know little about these, thanks for your reply?

1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

The general idea here was to have a separate prison for Death penalty-worthy crimes. Threshold of bounty required to be send to this prison would be configurable in the MCM.

crimes below that threshhold would use the regular prison system. or a replacement like Prison Overhaul.

Is it possible to act both public punishment and execution at the same time? 

On 1/26/2021 at 2:45 AM, Flegmenth said:

Is it possible to act both public punishment and execution at the same time? 

I don't want to promise that yet.

POP is not designed to allow for interjection by other mods. The Autor has already expressed that she has no Intention of adding executions to it, so there's not to much i can do.

Even if i were to make a compatibility patch, this would likely break every time POP gets an update. Maybe its possible to catch the OnRelease event and make a connection here, but its to early to say for sure.

POP is not designed to allow for interjection by other mods. The Autor has already expressed that she has no Intention of adding executions to it, so there's not to much i can do.

Protip: POP desperately could use competition that isn't so resource heavy, keeps many of the same options, but without a lot of cruft. Furthermore, if anyone were to do it, it should be you. You have a knack for this...seriously...so I am happy to see you going forward on this. I like POP's features (punishments, being rented out for parties, etc) I do not like POP's overhead; and with the addition of the stuff you've been working on here...man, that would simply be primo grade A material.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:06 PM, WandererZero said:

Protip: POP desperately could use competition that isn't so resource heavy, keeps many of the same options, but without a lot of cruft. Furthermore, if anyone were to do it, it should be you. You have a knack for this...seriously...so I am happy to see you going forward on this. I like POP's features (punishments, being rented out for parties, etc) I do not like POP's overhead; and with the addition of the stuff you've been working on here...man, that would simply be primo grade A material.

While POP certainly isn't perfect and a bit of a feature-creep, you can pretty much disable anything you don't like about it. Even if it takes some time to work your way through the MCM. So im not exactly sure what esle i could do here, other than making a more open version. And making this "open for extension by others" - thing comes with its own problems. Namely that there are very few modders with enough skill/discipline/(interest in this topic) out there who could make use of that. So it would just end up being a  Prison overhaul Framework with only the scenario's i myself implement.

Besides, I personally don't enjoy these drawn out player punishment or player as sub/slave mods in the first place. In my eyes, all these Player Defeat/Arrest mods will just take control out of my hands and prevent me from actually playing the game. The only Reason my Stuff works on the PC as well is the fact that it usually doesn't require much additional effort to make it work for the PC.

2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

So im not exactly sure what esle i could do here, other than making a more open version.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply you should remake pop, but better. More like: POP is cool, but you know what would be cooler? POP but with editing and refinement...maybe even a design that's a lot tighter without so much overhead.

Besides, I personally don't enjoy these drawn out player punishment or player as sub/slave mods in the first place. In my eyes, all these Player Defeat/Arrest mods will just take control out of my hands and prevent me from actually playing the game.

I'm with you here. Personally, my view has evolved into thinking along the lines of the old Unix methodology: do one thing, and do it well. A lot of these mods wind up doing elevendy billion things marginally, or poorly. So, you creating something that does one, two, maybe three things is a good thing; instead of a mod trying to do 40 things with a half assed implementation.

On 2/1/2021 at 3:42 AM, WandererZero said:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply you should remake pop, but better. More like: POP is cool, but you know what would be cooler? POP but with editing and refinement...maybe even a design that's a lot tighter without so much overhead.

I'm with you here. Personally, my view has evolved into thinking along the lines of the old Unix methodology: do one thing, and do it well. A lot of these mods wind up doing elevendy billion things marginally, or poorly. So, you creating something that does one, two, maybe three things is a good thing; instead of a mod trying to do 40 things with a half assed implementation.

Gave it a bit of thought over the last few days and came to the conclusion that you might have a point here.

I guess i have to make SOME sort of Alternate prison system anyway to actually get people executed, so i might as well go the extra Mile and design it as a lightweight framework with modular expansion in mind.

A while back i had a look at Death alternative and saw that this is actually a pretty good blueprint for Dependency-free extendability. Its just dragged down by its bugged core features...

I think Im gonna do something like this. Just have to think of a base scenario/punishment to use other than the execution.

Gave it a bit of thought over the last few days and came to the conclusion that you might have a point here.

I guess i have to make SOME sort of Alternate prison system anyway to actually get people executed, so i might as well go the extra Mile and design it as a lightweight framework with modular expansion in mind.

A while back i had a look at Death alternative and saw that this is actually a pretty good blueprint for Dependency-free extendability. Its just dragged down by its bugged core features...

I think Im gonna do something like this. Just have to think of a base scenario/punishment to use other than the execution.

Scenario?  OK, it's a potential execution scenario, but, FWIW....

... how about some sort of 'plug in' to 'Combat Defeat' type mods, or other mods for that matter, where the PC's followers, or failing any of those being present, some innocent abroad, is taken as collateral, to be left attached to your lethal furniture eg the garotte etc, or placed in your gallows, with a randomised longish time frame set to precede their impending 'death'? 

The PC is given a quest has to collect a number of 'assets/ingredients/etc' or 'get a message to someone' or similar etc, and report back within the time set . 

Place a guard/bandit/whoever where the follower is held, to whom the PC has to report back that the objective has been accomplished/give the required assets and, if they fail to do so within the time allotted, the follower dies/is executed when they are next there.  Or they are 'transported' back - swirly effects etc -to view outcome of their failure, the demise of their follower etc, and then - swirly stuff again - sent back to where they were

My Tuppenceworth LOL

40 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

Scenario?  OK, it's a potential execution scenario, but, FWIW....

... how about some sort of 'plug in' to 'Combat Defeat' type mods, or other mods for that matter, where the PC's followers, or failing any of those being present, some innocent abroad, is taken as collateral, to be left attached to your lethal furniture eg the garotte etc, or placed in your gallows, with a randomised longish time frame set to precede their impending 'death'? 

The PC is given a quest has to collect a number of 'assets/ingredients/etc' or 'get a message to someone' or similar etc, and report back within the time set . 

Place a guard/bandit/whoever where the follower is held, to whom the PC has to report back that the objective has been accomplished/give the required assets and, if they fail to do so within the time allotted, the follower dies/is executed when they are next there.  Or they are 'transported' back - swirly effects etc -to view outcome of their failure, the demise of their follower etc, and then - swirly stuff again - sent back to where they were

My Tuppenceworth LOL

Like you mentioned, this would be more interesting for a 'combat Defeat' type mod. But for a prison system, this seems a bit contrived.

I was talking about some minor punishment events that can happen while the player is in Jail. Something quick and simple which works reliably and wont get boring after the first time.

I think I´ll revisit my Beatup mod and see if that can be made into a functioning Base-Scenario.

14 hours ago, poblivion said:

Is there any MODs using Pama´s Deadly Furniture (scripts) ???

(Guys don't keep your MODs just to yourself and share them with others.)

@Pamatronic Would you be willing to create a new large test area so that all furniture is accessible for testing?

Thanks

Got a notification about this recently: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/16041-fms-female-monsters-of-skyrim-extras-addon-sse/

Pretty sure the pamaTestZone contains all current Devices. And since I don't really enjoy designing Areas, i wont be doing anything in that regard, sorry.

Like you mentioned, this would be more interesting for a 'combat Defeat' type mod. But for a prison system, this seems a bit contrived.

I was talking about some minor punishment events that can happen while the player is in Jail. Something quick and simple which works reliably and wont get boring after the first time.

I think I´ll revisit my Beatup mod and see if that can be made into a functioning Base-Scenario.

Sure

Thanks for the reply, anyway!

Through a combo of two mods, I was able to get my PC arrested for sexual deviancy, singled out in jail, marched to the chopping block, and summarily executed.  So, maybe taking a peek at Sexlab Adventures and Bad End might help?

26 minutes ago, Shiress said:

Through a combo of two mods, I was able to get my PC arrested for sexual deviancy, singled out in jail, marched to the chopping block, and summarily executed.  So, maybe taking a peek at Sexlab Adventures and Bad End might help?

If my understanding is correct, sexlab Adventures just adds new ways to increase Bounty, but doesn't touch the actual Arrest and Prison System. And Bad Ends assumes the Prison System to be the Vanilla one. Which means the combination you described is nothing out of the ordinary.

8 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Got a notification about this recently: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/16041-fms-female-monsters-of-skyrim-extras-addon-sse/

Pretty sure the pamaTestZone contains all current Devices. And since I don't really enjoy designing Areas, i wont be doing anything in that regard, sorry.

Thanks, pity I don't use SSE.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you. I only see 6 devices in the test room.

I think you could have used some already created interior, as you use now, but a little bigger. Maybe
Dragonsreach, there is a lot of free space.

ScreenShot4895.jpg

ScreenShot4897.jpg

11 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

It's missing the upfacing guillotine variants (at least in the download of it I have), but those can be spawned in through console. Maybe have a note to the desk in the test area or add a readable sight with the instructions and ID codes to spawn them in via console?

Either way, the Test Area does demonstrate it pretty well already and I appreciate how plug-and-play your execution options are is even with just spawning one in once you know how and using a console command to put someone in the executed position, though I certainly understand someone wanting a slightly larger area with all the devices ready to go (but I don't think it's necessary if you throw in a quick bit of in-game instruction to the test area)

12 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

You could use some of the painful furniture as a non-lethal alternative option for lesser crimes - for example, being thrown into the stocks, maybe get laughed at by some kids, then it's a wait like normal jail, using the standard ZAZ options since it's going to be a requirement anyways. Or maybe the non-lethal cross using a ZAZ one for the player and yours for an NPC (so this would be tied up rather than nailed) - just have multiple options but one is reserved for the PC. A more developed place like Solitude might strap you into the various painful furniture like the rack if you've done more serious crimes, saving being hanged or beheaded for high enough bounty to warrant it, where they hurt you enough to be near-lethal but stop before actually killing you (or it is just at a non-lethal setting so they go until you lose consciousness, then that becomes an auto-wait or something)

Admittedly I have no idea how easy that would be to code so take this suggestion at that weight, but that seems to be the best way to include a range of options and also possibly a way to characterize different regions of Skyrim* while keeping it light as they can share an underlying mechanic. Gotta get bounty in all holds, eh? If nothing else, it would hopefully meet both the lightweight desire and the 'does not get boring after a while' issue.

17 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

17 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Indeed. On some level, what you make should simply BE core features, which can be built on with add-ons. Again; "do one thing, do it well." To that end, I would say build what you absolutely have to, and listen for what events you can, and have a way to handle a pass off of the PC reasonably. You mentioned Sexlab adventures earlier. It does do crime/bounty stuff really well...and I know it feeds the global bounty amount. Listening for that stuff may actually help you add to the depth/context of your mod, without having to build it out for that functionality.

A prison framework/system like this absolutely needs to stay lightweight. Smallest possible footprint. If someone wants to bloat it later on with a mod that adds 5 grazillion scripts, that's their problem, not yours. I would go with a clearly defined spec that lays out the core purpose and functions, (i.e: Basic Prison Cell, PC Entry point ->Bounty levels that define 3-4 types of punishments, up to and including execution/or exit point for the PC post punishment...etc) and stick to it. Especially at first.

People who want to add bits and bobs to it can do so later on. Someone wants a handler so a bounty type results in being handed off to Simple Slavery? Add-on. Someone wants to add bounty hunters that hand off to your prison? Add-on. What's that? Someone wants to add public punishment in the town square with all sorts of rapey time goodness? You got it: Add-on. Etc etc etc.

As I said earlier. We don't need another POP. We need a framework or hub that does one, two, maybe three things incredibly well without the cruft...with the ability for folks to add on to it for all the extras someone may want.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers. ?

@poblivion The "missing" Devices are Variants only. the alternative Animation Variants are just a small bonus, so i don't necessarily need em in the test-room.  I´ll probably copy over the construction spell from the Crucifixes in the next update. I think that should suffice for now.

I think i mentioned this at some point, but a small testzone is easier on the system and decreases loading times (which becomes notable when you have to load it every 30 seconds during testing.)

Got a prototype for the next Device Ready.

Guess I´ll be busy with making new Animations for this in the immediate Future.

20210207005615_1.jpg.4b2eb8f8d15b0ee5fab326de60750b05.jpg

The Entire Prison/Execution mod will move Along in the Background. I have some exams at the end of the month and getting to invested with papyrus always fucks up the languages I´m actually supposed to learn ?. Therefore I´ll focus on the Animations for now.

9 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

@poblivion The "missing" Devices are Variants only. the alternative Animation Variants are just a small bonus, so i don't necessarily need em in the test-room.  I´ll probably copy over the construction spell from the Crucifixes in the next update. I think that should suffice for now.

I think i mentioned this at some point, but a small testzone is easier on the system and decreases loading times (which becomes notable when you have to load it every 30 seconds during testing.)

I understand that, the basic version is enough for you to testing.

So I'd like to ask you something. Would you be willing to create a small MOD, such a showroom, where would be available all versions of the device ?

Thanks