Is there a significant difference between people who frequent Nexus and those that frequent LoversLab?

Psalam

Is there a difference between the people who frequent Nexus as opposed to those that frequent LL?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a difference between the people who frequent Nexus as opposed to those that frequent LL?

• Yes, definitely
    • Yes, but not so much
    • No, not really

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2020 at 04:23 AM

I've recently been spending more time on Nexus, particularly in their Skyrim LE Support threads. While anyone who spends any time on the two sites can tell that there is a significant institutional difference between the two it seems to me that the people I "meet" on Nexus are different in discernible ways from those here on LL. I acknowledge that everyone here on LL is also a user of Nexus but what I'm talking about is where you tend to hang out. I'll hold out on giving my opinion about what sorts of things I think I've distinguished between the groups in order to not bias anyone else (at least I won;t share here yet). I am interested in whether others have noticed any differences and, if so, what they think that they may be.

Please remember, this is about Nexus USERS not the INSTITUTION (website) of Nexus.

9 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i'm unable to answer this, i can't distinguish between the nexus institution and user.

I appreciate the response. However, let me say that I find the Institution to be coldly indifferent to its users and rigidly adherent to it rules.I say rules because they change too frequently to be considered principles.

The users though, those people who download the mods, ask questions and generally try to make their games better, are those people significantly different than we are (I know that I just framed the question like I was expecting a "no" although I  do believe the answer to be "yes.").

my experience has been, and i'm not just saying this i have released mods on both sites, that nexus users with a higher frequency ask dumber questions than over here. additionally here on loverslab most of my support threads other people help eachother out vs on nexus everyone just blasts questions aimed at me and nobody else follows up.

also the cliques that have formed on/from nexus are pretty gross.

No real way to tell from what i see. Though nexus feels a little dilute for lack of a better word. The people seem more pasty and bland over there for some reason. Also the number of stuck up prudes is really high there since unlike LL, nexus is not built around such a strongly adult theme. People have that "i'm annoying" vibe there, at least to me.

The Nexus has driven away a significant portion of its intelligent user-base, so yes.  People here tend to be smarter and more capable of critical thinking.  Nexus tends to attract people almost exclusively due to its monolithic nature - it tends to be the main source of mods for all the most popular games to mod (with Steam Workshop probably coming in second), so it gets the lowest common denominator of the online community.

Also, even though Nexus gets some risqué mods, people who want truly adult entertainment have to look elsewhere.  That's another significant difference.

The brighter the flame. Nexus has a population a factor of thousands more than here. So there are more nut jobs, fruit loops and general ne'er do wells there even if the proportion of those groups is the same as here. By general observation these are also groups of people who have a disproportionate presence on any forum.

Hi P-S-A-L-M :)

ppl on Nexus are just Dumb, i saw many time and those dumb idiots ask, and also ask me for Nexus Mannager Support for my Mods

Because they don't know how to install mods if there is no Nexus MM Support xD

There is some epic dumb ppl on LL but more % LL users are way smarter than Nexus users

@Captain Cobra You Discord name is "BENIS" ? :o

Also Nexus is biggest Trash with bad Mods :x... because every kid use this website there is many mods with description:

- "IM JUST LEARNING CK ITS MY FIRST MOD"

- "IM JUST TESTING"

or something like this...

@Sahurows

Author of Epic Island with one enemy and little tower - he call it "New World Mod" :D

lol... Sorry Jeremy :D but thats true this mod should never been uplaoded xD

Girrrrafe :o !... xD he he he :D

lol...

in Short:

Nexus Users are 99% Dumb

LoversLab Users are 50% Dumb

and thats pretty big difference :x...

The support threads are ok there are a lot of snobs and know-it-all's there. I learned how to mod from there... well not directly because, I could never get a straight answer there so I researched and though trial and error I learned but it was not from help on their part that is for sure. The mod authors are for the most part helpful but they are people too they get sick of answering the same question over and over in threads and comments. Seeings how I mentioned comments stupidity usually rules the day there and one thing never made sense to me I can be looking at a follower mod who is ass naked with their legs spread on the front page picture but, I can not type a swear word... morals I guess?

Lovers lab people are helpful more so than there if I really wanted a answer I would ask here not there... does that answer you question?

1 hour ago, darkconsole said:

also the cliques that have formed on/from nexus are pretty gross.

So much of this

from my experience, it's that most nexus users may like sexy outfits or sexy companions, maybe a few things that are lewd, but not LL-Lewd.

it's the fine line between playboy erotic photography and bestiality incest gangbang with futanari and bukkake BDSM GORE.

while i'm not into most of the latter, some of it is already too much for nexus, so anyone looking for more than playboy erotic photography stuff is shunned from nexus to LL and soon finds joy in stuff they never even guessed they could enjoy.

I think the most obvious answer is that, by far, the amount of adults on LL is higher... which might explain some other differences that were mentioned, like less dumb better educated. Aditionally LL is harder to find, so in general i think it's save to assume that people on LL are more willing to put some more effort into getting what they want. And knowing what they want.

That at least the 2 cents from somebody who never really bothered to read or write much on the Nexus... my account there is a few years older than this one and my post count there is... about 5 i think.

Nexus is modding LVL 1. everyone who starts modding their games starts there. noobs abound.

Lovers Lab is like LVL 10. not max lvl yet, only because there is always room to improve, most people have learned how to play.

You can still use your lvl 1 skills but now you got some lvl 10 stuff too.

People are pretty much the same everywhere, but can act quite differently depending on rules and local group dynamics.

I have a few scripting resources and some proofs of concept thingies on Nexus and I can tell that I got quite a few more flippant, borderline dismissive comments on them there than here, but altogether also more comments, period. I am and was pretty friendly with some modders who only release over there but can't say we ever hung out on Nexus itself other than the occasional PM chain.

13 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i'm unable to answer this, i can't distinguish between the nexus institution and user.

I most definitely, for me is Nexus a childrengarden!
nexus has no age restriction and one have to be very careful about what one write.
I have been blocked several times by users and modders, because some cannot deal with justified criticism!
of course, I became also from members blocked here, but that doesn't exclude me from the action.:classic_wink:

Nexus Forums is not as attractive. It's also not centralized like LL and other forum communities. It's divided into Nexusmods and The Nexus Forums. People go to nexusmods.com/insertgamehere to download mods and move on. Here it's much more engaging like other forum communities because everything is centralized. Sure, you can just go to the downloads and leave. That's what I tend to do nowadays to avoid being the mean person I am.

15 hours ago, DeadSomething said:

from my experience, it's that most nexus users may like sexy outfits or sexy companions, maybe a few things that are lewd, but not LL-Lewd.

it's the fine line between playboy erotic photography and bestiality incest gangbang with futanari and bukkake BDSM GORE.

while i'm not into most of the latter, some of it is already too much for nexus, so anyone looking for more than playboy erotic photography stuff is shunned from nexus to LL and soon finds joy in stuff they never even guessed they could enjoy.

Last time I checked, you cant upload nude pictures to the Nexus, except when you are releasing a mod tagged as "adult content".

If you click in "upload a picture" you will get this warning:

"Nudity is not permitted. Do not post images that include: breasts, genitalia, buttocks or characters that are wearing next to nothing."

So, your comparison dont hold.

The funny thing is, the other side have an opinion as extreme as yours.

There is a player base which is scandalized when they see tits and ass clad in armor. The bigger the tits, the bigger their negative reaction.

I remember that once I posted a picture of one of my characters in a Reddit sub. She was clad in full armor, but since she have big tits, the post was brigaded.

Whereas in your side, those who dont like bestiality, scat, tentacles, etc, are "children", "stupid" and "dumb".

8 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

Last time I checked, you cant upload nude pictures to the Nexus, except when you are releasing a mod tagged as "adult content".

"Nudity is not permitted. Do not post images that include: breasts, genitalia, buttocks or characters that are wearing next to nothing."

There is a player base which is scandalized when they see tits and ass clad in armor. The bigger the tits, the bigger their negative reaction.

I remember that once I posted a picture of one of my characters in a Reddit sub. She was clad in full armor, but since she have big tits, the post was brigaded.

Whereas in your side, those who dont like bestiality, scat, tentacles, etc, are "children", "stupid" and "dumb".

I keep trying to stay out of this but I must say I take umbrage at your characterization of LL. Not everyone here is into the things that you have listed. There is a popular framework whose author has been clear that bestiality is not nor will ever be a "thing" in that framework. I don't personally enjoy everything uploaded to LL but I am glad that there exists a website where people who do can be accepted. Of course, I tend not to be the kind of person who calls others names either. I prefer thinking along these lines:

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

The words above reportedly originated with an English author named Evelyn Beatrice Hall in 1906

Just now, Psalam said:

I keep trying to stay out of this but I must say I take umbrage at your characterization of LL. Not everyone here is into the things that you have listed. There is a popular framework whose author has been clear that bestiality is not nor will ever be a "thing" in that framework. I don't personally enjoy everything uploaded to LL but I am glad that there exists a website where people who do can be accepted. Of course, I tend not to be the kind of person who calls others names either. I prefer thinking along these lines:

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

The words above reportedly originated with an English author named Evelyn Beatrice Hall in 1906

I didnt characterize it. You misread my post.

Fact is, there are two extremist factions in the Skyrim modding scene.

One faction think Skyrim should be a conservative, no-sex game, and appeals to the "lore" to stake their claims.

The other faction think that those who dont like bestiality, scat, tentacles, etc, are dumb children.

However, the lore is controlled by Zenimax, which raped it in ESO (and the loretards didnt raise their voice against it, showing how much they like to be cucked by a company).

And in the other side, to fap for a 3d model in a game does not means you should like bestiality. Sexual taste vary greatly between players, and to call someone who only wants erotic content a "dumb child" is the same as calling those who dont want sex with trannies "homophobic".

43 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

Last time I checked, you cant upload nude pictures to the Nexus.

They may be the rules now but there have been plenty of NSFW mods (with images) added in the past that are still there. Just do a search for NSFW on the Nexus.

Unless you are talking about the media bit, half of which is a waste of bandwidth.

How is his opinion even mildly extreme? All he said was that, in general, the more "extreme" NSFW mods are shunned/banned from the Nexus so end up here, along with the people looking for them.

I don't understand what you are saying here? They were complaining that your character had too much Armour on or that was unrealistically curvy?
Either way, this was on Reddit.

Yet to see anything like that here. Kink shaming on a site like this would be a huge no no but shaming someone for not having said kinks? I don't believe that has ever happened. By all means link me posts where it has.

As the saying goes, Opinions are like assholes. Everyon has one and most of them stink.
And this being the internet, people are safe to express theirs

36 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

One faction think Skyrim should be a conservative, no-sex game, and appeals to the "lore" to stake their claims.

Yeah, there was a whole thread on Reddit where Nexus users were bitching and crying about sexy mods in general. And this doesn't surprise me since the "normies" (i also hate that the word normie has so much cringe baggage now due to it's overuse but it applies here) are not fond of sexually charged stuff in general. But what stood out to me is just how many people were in favor of Nexus outright banning sexually charged mods across the board because it's "pathetic and disgusting", spoiler, it was a lot of people. Tons of neckbeard jokes, adhominems and moral superiority circle jerking. Really, if i had to sum up why i never bother with Nexus forums in a nutshell, that thread would be it. Those are not the type of people i wanna consider talking to.

36 minutes ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

The other faction think that those who dont like bestiality, scat, tentacles, etc, are dumb children.

On the contrary i haven't personally run into anyone who said not liking bestiality/scat/tentacles/whatever means someone's a dumb child, maybe i just missed it but the fact that i did means in comparison to the prude snobs and snowflakes their numbers far lower. Hell i hang around pretty extreme communities besides LL where those extreme things are posted and discussed daily but they're some of the friendliest communities i know with the few usual notjobs.

Honestly I'm mostly a lurker in both sites! But I find when it comes to LoversLab everyone seems mostly on the same page, which makes sense it being an Adult only site (hopefully)!

Nexus on the other hand is a mixed bag at best! I've been banned by at least two people there as far as I know, and I am not even sure why, I barely put comments down! Yet on the other hand I've seen at least one mod author over there put on all his mod page description (dedication right there) that he will not ban anyone for saying "mean things" to him or anyone else!

Loveslab seems to operate like this too! I distinctly remember someone asking If there were easier methods to ban people, and the moderators basically telling them that on this site people are expected to settle differences like adults, which kinda made me happy! Not gonna lie.

I have dealt with both on and off for years now, main thing I have noticed if you ask even the most basic question or ask for clarification on pretty much anything on a nexus mod, I pretty much never got any help even from other users, here on ll I can pretty much be certain I will at least get some suggestions about sorting things out, they may not work but I will get some suggestions at least.

Archived