Is there a significant difference between people who frequent Nexus and those that frequent LoversLab?

Psalam

Is there a difference between the people who frequent Nexus as opposed to those that frequent LL?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a difference between the people who frequent Nexus as opposed to those that frequent LL?

• Yes, definitely
    • Yes, but not so much
    • No, not really

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2020 at 04:23 AM

Nexus is full of kids who take video games way too seriously and spastic dweebs who discovered sarcasm two days ago. LL has more normal users.

I'm not saying that everyone on the Nexus is literally Satan. Try going to any furry forum. Holy shit that is some truly awful garbage. Or go to any Total War forum for some spicy "I'm 1/64th Roman" experience. Do that only if you're a true trash connoisseur.

On 1/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, 27X said:

Like it's any different with LL, you'll find upvote whores are generically universal.

Fuck, the screen archer crowd here is charming and civil compared to the packs of rabid pets and vapid gawkers over there. :classic_tongue: I can't count how many times I've read people's downright malicious comments on some mod's screen shots for instance. I remember one poor wanker was attacked relentlessly for showing a huge tits hentai character in Skyrim. Never read comments like that here that I can think of.

17 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Fuck, the screen archer crowd here is charming and civil compared to the packs of rabid pets and vapid gawkers over there. :classic_tongue: I can't count how many times I've read people's downright malicious comments on some mod's screen shots for instance. I remember one poor wanker was attacked relentlessly for showing a huge tits hentai character in Skyrim. Never read comments like that here that I can think of.

As per my treatise earlier (waves to alter native and tirloque) screenarcher and upvote whore being opposite areas of a similar spectrum. If you're doing a character study or lighting experiment or trying new meshes with existing assets, you're probably a sceenarcher. If you have hundreds of similar pictures with similar assets in similar poses and similar hilarious overblown lighting/grading, you're an upvote whore, and being a festishy upvote whore isn't improving your output, nor will it ever.

Composition context and character are fine lines quite easy to cross and some people like doing so while scooting their ass over it like a dog with too much hair in all the wrong places, and because the nexus locks smut behind a paywall and the morality police are ever ready to spring into action at moment's notice on certain individual's behest, what you'll find tends to be a more concentrated slice of lewd, but the same principles apply, and as for the other end of the nexus media section, you're not going to get anything but the kind of pics that no imagination and draconian "no one can ever be offended ever" rules will supply you with for the most part, though some do find a creative outlet within those confines occasionally. However,

Tumblr didn't blow the fuck up with skyrim pr0n because of nexus rules, it blew the fuck up because most can't take criticism or critique and would rather hear endless praise and fawning similitudes than actually attempt to up their game.

33 minutes ago, 27X said:

it blew the fuck up because most can't take criticism or critique and would rather hear endless praise and fawning similitudes than actually attempt to up their game

You know....I don't get upset when she wants me to thrust harder or faster. But deeper?!! My shitty little tool just can't accommodate- know what I mean? It's like there's this Ivy league of gamers and you have to have the very latest everything to belong. Fuck them. I can build a beast now for half the money most of those idiots paid for their shit.

1 minute ago, Daedric_Cat said:

I'm sure, but they aren't so obvious here. And if they are, at least they contribute meaningful words or content for the upvotes.  And I don't see the cliques.

Heads, because there's much more latitude in content/subject matter and posts-per-thread are relegated to the blog section and there are less "I'm gods gift to screen presentation because i own an i7 and 1070", nevermind people are generally allowed to say what they mean directly for the most part.

Tails, you're just not looking hard enough and you'll find most most of the hypocritical snippery (my content is ~arte~ and your content is peepee cause I own an i7 and a 1070 and take screeshots at 4 fps) here occurs in private on discord.

I found out the screenarchery crowd is very cliquey in whatever site I happen to post screenshots.

I saw some beautiful screenshots in the Nexus which received very few votes, whereas ugly and blurry screenshots received many.

This is a cliquey behaviour, and is expected. You have screenarchers exchanging votes so they can help each other in their search for hype and fame.

23 minutes ago, 27X said:

Heads, because there's much more latitude in content/subject matter and posts-per-thread are relegated to the blog section and there are less "I'm gods gift to screen presentation because i own an i7 and 1070", nevermind people are generally allowed to say what they mean directly for the most part.

Tails, you're just not looking hard enough and you'll find most most of the hypocritical snippery (my content is ~arte~ and your content is peepee cause I own an i7 and a 1070 and take screeshots at 4 fps) here occurs in private on discord.

But then I generally don't go into the screenshot threads here. They're a little harder to avoid on nexus. 

1 hour ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

You have screenarchers exchanging votes so they can help each other in their search for hype and fame.

Guilty as charged. I always felt halfway obligated to "like" their stuff if they did so for me and never really felt comfortable giving an upvote to screenshots because we're "friends". So I stopped all of it because they would mostly just post the same stuff over and over again without trying anything new or original. I hate doing the same, exact thing repeatedly- which is one reason I can't find a job right now, lol. :lol:

Now it's finished, I was able to take my time and read through the general consensus.

Bottom line: It feels like because of content/age requirements, even though it's the internet, LL will continue to have a more mature user base.

Mom won't care if she walks in and you're on the nexus......

On 1/15/2020 at 3:16 AM, darkconsole said:

my experience has been, and i'm not just saying this i have released mods on both sites, that nexus users with a higher frequency ask dumber questions than over here. additionally here on loverslab most of my support threads other people help eachother out vs on nexus everyone just blasts questions aimed at me and nobody else follows up.

also the cliques that have formed on/from nexus are pretty gross.

This. I've been on any type of forum/comment section/discussion on Nexus less than 5 times and it was all I needed to just not want to go there anymore. Aside from general rude dickishness there's a marked lack of general know-how - which is fine! Nobody's born an ultimate modder and computer expert! - but seriously guys, more than half the questions you see in the comment sections have their answers on the general info page of the mod! Read!

I will however say that since the Nexus is generally bigger than LL it's just statistically more likely that it would attract your "average user" so if anything the culture of Nexus is a product of its own fame. I remember having a similar discussion years ago about YouTube's users being generally cooler than Myspace's. Imagine that!

Archived