Is there a significant difference between people who frequent Nexus and those that frequent LoversLab?

Psalam

Is there a difference between the people who frequent Nexus as opposed to those that frequent LL?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a difference between the people who frequent Nexus as opposed to those that frequent LL?

• Yes, definitely
    • Yes, but not so much
    • No, not really

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2020 at 04:23 AM

3 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Bit OT, but wasn't that Voltaire (at first)?

Believe it or not, I actually researched the quote before I used it and my best sources indicated that the attribution to Voltaire was in error (he said something with similar, but French, words with a different meaning). I am prepared to concede that I may be in error, however, I did do my due diligence and as @DeadSomething has in his signature:

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

6 hours ago, Psalam said:

Believe it or not, I actually researched the quote before I used it and my best sources indicated that the attribution to Voltaire was in error (he said something with similar, but French, words with a different meaning). I am prepared to concede that I may be in error, however, I did do my due diligence and as @DeadSomething has in his signature:

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Did some research now myself and while you seem right she was writing about Voltaires principles... so while the quote seems to be from her, the thought is his. Good enough for me i guess, it's one of 3-4 quotes i had at least a clue who said it. Never really able to remember such stuff.

*edit: although doing it wrong on purpose can be a lot of fun... a german artist made a game and calender out of it, famous quotes with the wrong person. Right now i can't remember one from him that would be understood internationally, but as a thought example...

"I'll be back." - Adolf Hitler

The biggest difference I have noticed is that LL has much better engagement on tech support forums. If you try posting an issue on Nexus you will likely never hear back, but on LL tech support posts often will get several people posting to assist in the issue. 

But that would basically be anecdotal (my own observations).

On 1/14/2020 at 4:03 PM, TobiaszPL said:

Hi P-S-A-L-M :)

ppl on Nexus are just Dumb, i saw many time and those dumb idiots ask, and also ask me for Nexus Mannager Support for my Mods

Because they don't know how to install mods if there is no Nexus MM Support xD

There is some epic dumb ppl on LL but more % LL users are way smarter than Nexus users

@Captain Cobra You Discord name is "BENIS" ? ?

Also Nexus is biggest Trash with bad Mods :x... because every kid use this website there is many mods with description:

- "IM JUST LEARNING CK ITS MY FIRST MOD"

- "IM JUST TESTING"

or something like this...

@Sahurows

Author of Epic Island with one enemy and little tower - he call it "New World Mod" :D

lol... Sorry Jeremy :D but thats true this mod should never been uplaoded xD

Girrrrafe ? !... xD he he he :D

lol...

in Short:

Nexus Users are 99% Dumb

LoversLab Users are 50% Dumb

and thats pretty big difference :x...

Omg the mod you talk is just a test xD @TobiaszPL

I'm not heavily involved in the nexus community, I mostly download mods that look cool and seem well put together.  I don't usually have any problems that can't be solved by either doing some basic troubleshooting of my own or a quick browse through recent comments on a mod.  I did encounter trouble with one mod that caused me a bit of grief, but the mod author wasn't sure what could be causing the issue and it wasn't particularly game breaking, just confusing.  Still, they did try to help despite my lack of useful information to give them.

Almost all my serious tech problems get solved here, though.  Maybe a matter of threads being easier to navigate or just create new ones devoted to a technical issue, I don't know.  Either way though, the number of real head scratchers I've had solved thanks to LL vastly outnumbers Nexus.

In terms of actual community interaction, like I said I've never really been involved in Nexus.  Hell I've only got a bit of interaction around here, and only really in certain threads, but there's definitely an affable, easygoing feeling between people around here.  Maybe the difference comes down mostly to the cohesion of the communities, and the commonality of the content creators, users and admins.  Here on LL, people are mostly here for a certain array of things, there's a degree of unity and mutual understanding that comes from that.  On the Nexus, there's so much stuff and so many people it loses what the smaller, tighter community has, which is to say an actual sense of community.  Mix that with language barriers, misunderstandings and deliberate trolls and you've got two very different feelings for two groups with ultimately similar purposes.

Interesting topic. I believe there is some difference between the two forums. I don't want to take up a lot of real estate, so I put my reasons behind a spoiler. IMO, I think there are differences but maybe not as much as some others believe.

Spoiler

I am on Nexus as much as I am on LL. In fact, I am a *gasp* premium member on Nexus (became one after a couple of years). I don't consider myself elite, but fortunate enough to pay a modest price for fewer ads and some convenience. Both sites have to raise money to keep going. Just because this is an adult site doesn't mean I am always comfortable with

the ads/trailers, but I understand that without them, LL might go away. None of us want that. There are some mods I've dl'd from LL which have components I dislike, but I can turn off those aspects in order to use the pieces I find particularly suited to my interests and gameplay style. Actually, I'm sure I've done the same for some Nexus mods.

I've generally not had a problem getting help with an issue on either site. If the mod was last updated 3 years before my issue.... I don't expect an answer though I do hope for one.  I appreciate it when mod authors state that they are no longer updating a mod for whatever reason. I also appreciate it when somebody says they are new to modding or it's their first mod using CK (or whatever). Maybe they are trying to forestall some negativity - what? negativity on the internet? say it ain't so - but I see it as a friendly warning that maybe there are problems they might or might not be able to address. For me, it's more information as to whether I download or not download.

Speaking of negativity...

I'm not much of a forumite, but in specific mod threads I have seen negative comments, troll-ish comments, jerks, etc. More on Nexus than here? Probably. Why is that? Sheer size, for one thing. Let's face it, compared to Nexus, Lover's Lab is more of a niche site: fewer games, adult-oriented content, more specific interests. And that's a good thing, imo. We need both.

Another reason, I believe that the users here are older/more mature. Nexus is not an adult only site, and I believe that some of the negative posts I have seen reflect youth or adolescnse and immaturity.

I imagine that the difference in size and scope of the the two sites means that managing them has to be different. They are not offering the same thing, after all, or trying to appeal to the same users.  I've seen forums go toxic and site administrators trying to adjust to control that toxicity. Some of the rules they need to enforce may not be set by them but are rules they have to abide by in order to keep going. Maybe I'm being generous or naive, but on the whole I don't fault Nexus for trying to set rules of conduct or changing how they implement enforcement. Maybe it's easier for Lover's Lab to be more laissez-faire because there are far fewer cats to herd, so to speak.

Well, I've gone on long enough. Back to gaming!

With just a week left on this poll I intend to share my own thoughts which you can safely ignore since I think that everything that I have to say has already been posted by others.

I believe that there is a significant difference between Nexus users and LL users. I further believe that these differences are self-selective. That is, in order to become a user of LL you have to 1) be aware that there is such a site (which may mean looking around for sites "like this"), 2) you have to be motivated enough to overcome any timidity about going to "A strange site" and 3) you have to be (chronologically, at least) an adult.

I'll use my own example for that first point. LL was around for some time before I became aware of it. I had been an aficionado of Paradise Halls on Nexus for years and kept going back and looking to see if it ever got fixed (it was fun but boy did it need fixing). Finally, someone was kind enough to post there that it had been moved here. The rest, as they say, is history. Perhaps I was short-sighted but it had never occurred to me that there might be another site for mods or that, having been on one site a mod might move to another. It was partially for that reason that I put one of my follower mods on Nexus. If you want to use her you'll have to come here to get some of the requirements and be introduced to something different.

For the second point I want to recall a true story from the Annals of LL (that's how you can tell that I'm old, recalling is a GOOD thing). Someone came on LL and started a thread asking if it was safe to download mods from this site. While LL's residents had (justifiable) fun with this thread for a great many reasons it underscores that the people who come here and keep coming back are, at a certain level, risk takers and that people who stick to Nexus are not.

Finally, there is the issue of chronological age. While having several decades of life behind you does not necessarily make you mature their presence is an indicator of a greater likelihood of maturity than their absence. Honestly, I've met and seen assholes on both sites. I've also met and seen some very nice and very knowledgeable people on both sites. The biggest quantifiable difference I've seen is that people on LL are more prepared to listen and empathize than those on Nexus. You might call this greater open-mindedness. Again, that would be the result of some self-selection.

I very rarely go into the forums on Nexus. They don't interest me. Yeah, there is a cliquish feel to Nexus, like some of the screenarchery set, but I don't give them oooohs or views, etc.

I see a lot of stupid comments in the mod download area, on the level you don't see over here. "Some other mod does this." "This is in the unofficial patch." Do these people have something against options?

The comments that invariably get posted for mods that improve female textures. Or skimpy sexy anything. Such smug moral superiority. Oh, I don't play with such plastic monstrosities in my game! Want a feminist gold star for that?

Don't like it, move along. I don't care for sex mods, skimp, or nudity, but why should I care about what others do in their private games? It's about fantasy. Play your own and let others play theirs.

Entitlement. Oh, horrors. some mod authors don't want their mods included in mod packs. Or prefer their mods to be downloaded directly from the page of their choosing. So much salt. Wah, this mod author is making my life so much more difficult for me.

Folks here tend to be a bit more sensible and are more friendly.

On 1/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, Mez558 said:

Whereas in your side, those who dont like bestiality, scat, tentacles, etc, are "children", "stupid" and "dumb".

You are introducing an artificial dichotomy. I doubt that all people on LL are 100% pro every kink and all people on Nexus are anti every type of sexual content. Also, it does not necessarily follow that if some one is into one particular sexual peccadillo (it's like an armadillo but with a huge schlong) they are also into every other.

17 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

You are introducing an artificial dichotomy. I doubt that all people on LL are 100% pro every kink and all people on Nexus are anti every type of sexual content. Also, it does not necessarily follow that if some one is into one particular sexual peccadillo (it's like an armadillo but with a huge schlong) they are also into every other.

How did I end up attached to that quote?

I was quoting Wolfstorm321 and responding to it :/

5 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Обычно да. Модов на LL немного больше, в то время как в Nexus есть больше технических исправлений. Кроме того, LL стремится не взимать плату с людей за более высокую скорость загрузки  download

зависит от веса архива,лёгкие качаются быстро.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:43 PM, megamantaray said:

People don't frequent the Nexus.

I believe that, since until today I hadn't heard of it,lol! But I checked it out for The Sims 4 mostly just moments ago, and would say I prefer LL over Nexus, which fancies itself The Sims Resource apparently, not only not allowing us to use adblockers, but continuingly asking for donations and to join too! Mod The Sims has been around longer than any of the Sims mod sites, and has always been free, and without annoying ads, I mean they have them, but you are allowed to use adblockers and still use it, but if you don't, the ads aren't purposely set up to be annoying, like making sure some of them cover what your looking at, so you have to close it to look at it right, like on TSR and apparently on this site Nexus too! 

Sure I admit MTS CC isn't as nice as TSR or others, but they do have a lot more actual MODS, than TSR does! But there are also a lot of Modders who make great stuff on Tumblr, and they amazingly don't ask for donations or put them only on patreon or worse use Adfly or something else like it, which can give you a virus, all so they can get what amounts to pocket change! 

I understand they put a lot of work into the stuff, and it's one thing to ask for donations or put them on Patreon, but Adfly and others like it is just shows how greedy they are and how much they don't care about others, to me! The moment I see it pop up I close it, because it can infect your PC without you even pushing anything on it, I've had a whole PC destroyed because of it, because I didn't know what it could do! 

On 1/14/2020 at 3:06 PM, woodsman30 said:

I could never get a straight answer there

Yeah, you bump into a lot of inflated egos over there. Most of them don't seem to really care what your problem is so much as trying to make you look/feel like an idiot. You still might run into that here once in awhile, but not very often. People are generally much more helpful here- MAs in particular.

I would describe LL as being much more mature and open-minded. And no, older does not mean more mature. More boobs, less dicks.

This site is more open and more like "where on the same page". Nexus.... Road blocks, road blocks and road blocks, probably for the kids and the newbies.
Plus in here. No extremist SJW [Damn, those thing can't even distinguish the illusion and the real ones]. I can make my character with my fetishes as you want, without harming the real world. A freedom of expression/fantasies. ?

In my experience I have found the people here much more helpful in general. On the nexus if I ask for help with a mod I am much more likely to get a snide sarcastic (look at the read me or check the wiki) comment than I do here. Now that's not to say that it doesn't happen here but at least here if I state that have checked and it didn't make sense I usually get some assistance where as on the Nexus I get nothing.

As I said just my personal experience.

Archived