Okay, did more testing. It seems, that bound NPC restore their outfit when PC leave-reenter cell. Also, it restores NiOverride settings, causing unalignment. That's what happens with static furniture from demo. If NPC is bound in temporary placed object, those object on cell reenter disappers visually, but still is present in code (can be interacted through PgUp key). NPC restores their outfit, but is locked in place (walks in place, for example).

And one more thing - it looks like bound NPC is affected by PC moving - she turn around to look at PC. Which also causes unalignment, of hands, at least. Running struggle animation stops that for a time.

But one thing is certain - you can have follower bound and she will not follow you through doors, to other places, to other cells, etc - she will be where you left her. That works, at least ?

People PLEASE! If someone here has a problem with someone else's actions and neither of these someones is Kimy, why is this on the support section of HER mod? Why is it in a public place at all?

I get it: It feels a little annoying to let the other person have the last public word, because to the public it may look like you "gave up" and surrendered in the argument even though you had a damn good answer.

But I believe I am not exaggerating when I say the majority of viewers here do not care and don't want to hear about the politics of LL or the legal rules of modding. Most people come here because they like the contents you guys make.

Take this conversation private. You are clearly upsetting Kimy, the owner of this thread, but having it up here, and we are not interested in hearing your arguments or taking sides. If I made a survey right now, I believe 90% of the viewers here didn't even care enough to click that link to see that it is German. I am not even sure half of them bothered reading posts that were long as soon as the general topic was clear. Clear things up, in your own pace, and if the conclusion of your argument (which, if we are being honest, is not going to be about who is right or wrong but how much can either of you tolerate the other) has any relevant consequences to the general population, come up here and tell us about them.

@Kimy, I liked this mod even before I saw it could expand so quickly, because I know you are a good modder who always improves stuff and that you also know how to make nice results with whatever you have to work with. Whatever decision you make about using or not using the content in question, I am sure the community can "deal" with it (either way we are given a gift. Complaining about the contents of a gift is... ungrateful). Also remember this fight might be ABOUT your mod, but isn't BECAUSE of it, or because of you, just as the manufacturer of a car isn't necessarily in fault when a driver has an accident with it. Please don't link your awesome job with this fight.

P.S: I do hope whatever the conflict is about will be resolved soon, but it really is insensitive and not nice to have it here publicly until it happens...

6 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

People PLEASE! If someone here has a problem with someone else's actions and neither of these someones is Kimy, why is this on the support section of HER mod? Why is it in a public place at all?

I get it: It feels a little annoying to let the other person have the last public word, because to the public it may look like you "gave up" and surrendered in the argument even though you had a damn good answer.

But I believe I am not exaggerating when I say the majority of viewers here do not care and don't want to hear about the politics of LL or the legal rules of modding. Most people come here because they like the contents you guys make.

Take this conversation private. You are clearly upsetting Kimy, the owner of this thread, but having it up here, and we are not interested in hearing your arguments or taking sides. If I made a survey right now, I believe 90% of the viewers here didn't even care enough to click that link to see that it is German. I am not even sure half of them bothered reading posts that were long as soon as the general topic was clear. Clear things up, in your own pace, and if the conclusion of your argument (which, if we are being honest, is not going to be about who is right or wrong but how much can either of you tolerate the other) has any relevant consequences to the general population, come up here and tell us about them.

Simple, this mod is just as much my mod as it is Kimy's. It's a 50/50. But I know already people dont care about that kinda stuff. It's her name on the thread and her name first everywhere else too, so it's not surprising to me that that is all people ever see.

The conversation already happened in private, until t.ara decided that wasn't good enough and took it to the public. *shrugs*

And a conclusion has been reached too, I'm just responding to people who keep bringing things back up.

1 hour ago, Supertin said:

I'm just responding to people who keep bringing things back up.

As I said I understand that. But I had an answer for it already:

1 hour ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Same goes for both sides, of course. The point becomes even bolder if things were concluded, don't be lured into beating a dead horse. First one to stop responding will be the bigger person here, and don't forget that there is a chance the entire conversation will be eventually removed either way...

About you having a 50-50 part in the mod, the only way I can respond to that is I am truly sincerely sorry for missing that. I never actually paid much attention to the credit section, even if it is as short as in this mod, because I really suck at remembering names, but I do appreciate the work of everyone involved in great mods that are play, even if my memory limitations let me usually refer to them only as "whoever you are". After having talked with you, there is a chance I actually will recognize your name next times. This is the only way these things work for me XD

Anyway, glad to hear the argument was concluded. I am sure whoever has been around this forum in the past few days is eager to see what is going to come next (and would really appreciate never seeing any mention of this argument again. I get the feeling at least the other half of this mod's development is feeling that way too... )

18 hours ago, Supertin said:

But from a technical point of view as I mentioned before, they dont suit at all. If you're wasting half of the UV map just to use the portion of it with the wood texture on it, that is not good practice. In fact that's terrible practice, complete waste of performance. Imagine using a 2k or 4k texture and then only using half of it to be displayed with the rest of it just sitting there doing nothing but eat your fps. If I want to just slap my texture on wholesale on everything I would have made it into a tiled texture. That way I atleast don't waste resources on nothing, by stretching out half of the UV map out across an entire object. Yes, the texture looking more blurry than it is intended to be is another side-effect.

While it sure is bad texturing practice, the technical consequences are not really lost frame rate - at least not a LOT of lost frame rate - just wasted IO loading the texture of disk. The unused texture portions will only waste address space and won't be loaded into texture cache. Going back a few years, you would have wasted memory bandwidth copying around a lot of unused texels, but nVidia and AMD got a bit smarter about texture management over the last twenty years or so.

The wasted memory space is still wasted though, so it's a shabby practice, and the wasted IO is going to blow out load times for nothing, and it will have some impact on frame rate, though perhaps not a measurable one unless some really terrible UV mapping manages to touch other parts of the texture while making no good use of them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 8:27 AM, liruidong said:

Why I can not see the furniture when I and npc use it ?

The first download was missing a file, we talked about simple tes5edit earlier in the thread to use 1 other named existing nif file instead. I thought Kimy had included it in later version :)

2 minutes ago, NobodyImportant33333 said:

I take it there won't be an official port to SE for at least a little bit, what with this being something of a prototype. Still, the prospect is something worth looking forward to. Also, everything Lupine said. That sounds cool.

Might take a while. Currently there are no mods that use this framework (to my knowledge, at least), and a framework not used is usually not that sought after. I suspect as soon as mods start using it, it will get way more attention

Well, hello everyone.

I have been on short hiatus for personal reasons. Just popping in to see what is what and where to (re)start the modding progress.

I must say that this looks promising. I honestly hope it will develop further and will be adopted forward.

Hey, Kimy.

Thank you for all the content and putting up with us. ?

• 2 weeks later...

k i'm going crazy:

i'm using the "official" version on the download page. contraptions are currently hiding all equipped dd's when i use them, and the contraptions themselves turn invisible while they're in use. is this happening for anyone else?

I did a nonzero amount of debugging on issue one and found out that for whatever reason the first element of the InvalidDevices property is getting corrupted somehow, regardless of its value. When it's checked against existing devices, it always decides that it's zad_Lockable, but it doesn't seem to consistently hold that value. If I change the keyword check (in zadclibs) to

If Item.HasKeyword(InvalidDevices[z]) && (InvalidDevices[z] != libs.zad_Lockable)
			; it's invalid, so let's hide it

AND I add a dummy first keyword, devices aren't hidden, but if I change the code without adding a dummy first keyword, it treats the array as if it's one element smaller, and if I don't change the code it decides that the first keyword is zad_Lockable regardless of its value. This happens for every contraption i've tested.

Again, is this just me? I had the same issues several months ago on a different PC with a different load order, but I didn't look into then.

@incrediblysecure https://www.loverslab.com/topic/133152-devious-devices-contraptions/?tab=comments#comment-2810406

in "animated object" zadc_xcrossAO was stated model filename XCross_AO.nif, but this file does not exist, nearest is XCross_AO_Standing.nif

That is the reason for cross going invisible, nif doesn't exist. So while Kimy should patch it, you have 2 options:

1) Copy XCross_AO_Standing.nif to XCross_AO.nif.

or

2) Open DDC in TES5Edit and change XCross_AO.nif reference to XCross_AO_Standing.nif.

I went with option 2). I don't know if 1) will just work (it might), or if new nif's need to be added in some reference list so FNIS finds them. No idea how that stuff works.

Hiding DD's is an intentional feature. Each furniture can decide individually which devices are hidden and which not.

11 hours ago, incrediblysecure said:

k i'm going crazy:

i'm using the "official" version on the download page. contraptions are currently hiding all equipped dd's when i use them, and the contraptions themselves turn invisible while they're in use. is this happening for anyone else?

I did a nonzero amount of debugging on issue one and found out that for whatever reason the first element of the InvalidDevices property is getting corrupted somehow, regardless of its value. When it's checked against existing devices, it always decides that it's zad_Lockable, but it doesn't seem to consistently hold that value. If I change the keyword check (in zadclibs) to

If Item.HasKeyword(InvalidDevices[z]) && (InvalidDevices[z] != libs.zad_Lockable)

AND I add a dummy first keyword, devices aren't hidden, but if I change the code without adding a dummy first keyword, it treats the array as if it's one element smaller, and if I don't change the code it decides that the first keyword is zad_Lockable regardless of its value. This happens for every contraption i've tested.

Again, is this just me? I had the same issues several months ago on a different PC with a different load order, but I didn't look into then.

I'm not good in Papyrus, but after checking the mentioned code I found that this segment may always access an element out of range and never reach the first element (if not interrupted by an exception)?

int z = InvalidDevices.Length
while z > 0
	If Item.HasKeyword(InvalidDevices[z])
		akActor.UnequipItem(Item, false, true)
		StorageUtil.FormListAdd(akActor, "DDC_StoredBondage", Item, True)					
		If Item.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHeavyBondage) || Item.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHobbleSkirt) || Item.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPonyGear)
			; Items with AA need AA resets when they are removed.
			NeedsAAReset = True
		EndIf
	EndIf
	z -= 1
EndWhile

Sorry for my English and Papyrus, I was coding C# before and haven't used Papyrus for a long time.

ps: it seems that the device hiding works fine after correcting the code

14 hours ago, incrediblysecure said:

3 hours ago, luoluo233 said:

I'm not good in Papyrus, but after checking the mentioned code I found that this segment may always access an element out of range and never reach the first element (if not interrupted by an exception)?

Yep, it looks like array access code is borked. Index decrement is in wrong place.

Spoiler

--- zadclibs.psc.orig   2020-01-22 10:01:02.102701400 +0300
+++ zadclibs.psc        2020-01-22 10:01:19.911079900 +0300
@@ -418,6 +418,7 @@
                        Else
                                int z = InvalidDevices.Length
                                while z > 0
+                                       z -= 1
                                        If Item.HasKeyword(InvalidDevices[z])
                                                akActor.UnequipItem(Item, false, true)
@@ -427,7 +428,6 @@
                                                        NeedsAAReset = True
                                                EndIf
                                        EndIf
-                                       z -= 1
                                EndWhile
                        EndIf
                EndIf

DDC invalid devices 22012020.zip

• 2 months later...

I know the house in Riften has an empty room in the basement. Do the other houses have empty rooms as well? Perhaps after the bugs above are fixed we could see a mod where some of these devices are added to the existing houses for the owners to play with.

Do these devices allow the play to wait or sleep while bound?

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Now I installed some gallows for testing... ?

...no more excuses for not having some DD furniture too ?

Yes, expect DDC to be a dependency of DCL in one of the next releases. I got some ideas what to do with these furniture devices! :D

Hi Kimy, awesome work, hope to see more devices added to this mod and all we then need is for them to be distributed throughout skyrim for an additional devious experience, ie like prison overhaul put in stocks and whipped or abused. i like bondage furniture world as well but it is sometimes slow and script heavy. less mods we need to achieve similar result the better :)