11 hours ago, Kimy said:

ZAP models cannot be easily ported to DDC. I tried with ZAP 7 models (which ZaZ gave me permissions to use, even), but they do not render correctly when using DDC's code. DDC's architecture is radically different from ZAP's code, so I guess that's why.

Are you rendering your models as actors or something?

1 hour ago, TeaAndBiscuits said:

Do you plan to support Contraptions in Cursed Loot?

I came online to ask this exact question myself.

While I am not sure about getting helplessly immobile in the middle of a falmer dungeon after opening a chest, it could be an improved version of "left in the wilderness" than the currently not animated hogtie. Also it could be fun seeing these on Dagonar, or as a public punishment for crime.

Also, and this is just a little fantasy of mine, maybe make the cursed collar summon these stuff on you every <settable> time. Just to give the player another incentive to go on with the quest and actually feel the collar :D

So many possibilities, and I am sure (according to what I know of DCL so far, that Kimy has more creative ideas than I can manage :P .

2 hours ago, TeaAndBiscuits said:

Do you plan to support Contraptions in Cursed Loot?

Yes! The content I tend to create for Cursed Loot doesn't have the greatest need for dozens of different furniture models, but it would benefit from having a few here and there, so you can expect the next larger update to use DDC. :) 

35 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Yes! The content I tend to create for Cursed Loot doesn't have the greatest need for dozens of different furniture models, but it would benefit from having a few here and there, so you can expect the next larger update to use DDC. :) 

13 hours ago, Kimy said:

DDC renders them as Animated Objects.

Sounds like you got an excuse to model House of Gord types of self driven bondage carts:

https://www.houseofgord.com/d/remote-mobi-fucking-machine-

https://www.houseofgord.com/d/caroline-pierce-mesh-catsuit-mobifuck-

?

BTW, I thought I read ZAZ9 was going to be more DD friendly. What's up with that?

I hope these show up in Dragonar, but it's a pity no bondage horse or rack...

Also, making good use of cages is an entirely different problem.

That might not be something that requires any special cage mechanics, just needs some immersion, and context.

e.g.

If you're put in the cage for punishment, you don't get a chance to eat, or wash, or sleep properly, and you definitely can't take advantage of features in your cell to escape.

And if you're stuck in a yoke, chained to the ceiling, as a display, the main thing is that you can't do anything that day except get tired and sore (and possibly raped).

On 11/16/2019 at 9:03 PM, Lupine00 said:

I hope these show up in Dragonar, but it's a pity no bondage horse or rack...

A wooden horse is actually in DDC's library, but I didn't showcase it, because it's still got a glitch. It's super minor (the included wooden stocks do not wiggle together with the subject's arms), but I am unable to fix it.

On 11/16/2019 at 9:03 PM, Lupine00 said:

Also, making good use of cages is an entirely different problem.

That might not be something that requires any special cage mechanics, just needs some immersion, and context.

e.g.

If you're put in the cage for punishment, you don't get a chance to eat, or wash, or sleep properly, and you definitely can't take advantage of features in your cell to escape.

And if you're stuck in a yoke, chained to the ceiling, as a display, the main thing is that you can't do anything that day except get tired and sore (and possibly raped).

That's honestly the main issue with bondage furniture. It's super great eye candy, but the story telling potential is quite limited, because, yes, you can't do anything while locked in the device. That being said, there are a few opportunities to use it for quest content, and I intend to do so. There is a reason why I coded so many extra features for DDC, such as an escape system!

On 11/17/2019 at 5:57 AM, Techpriest said:

What prevents you from just dropping all ZAZ code and only use the raw models?

As I said above, I tried to do that with ZAP 7 models (which I have permission for using), but they don't work right in DDC. The furniture model itself shows up in game as expected, but as soon as an actor is put into the model using DDC's code, the model turns black on screen. I have no idea why and how to fix that. DDC's code is radically different from ZAP's, and I assume some changes would have to be made to the models to make it work.

Do you think a "debuff" system could be implemented to be applied right after the subject gets released (either through escape or planned release)?

Hypothetically speaking, maybe a strained limbs debuff for the two pieces of included furniture that (temporarily) reduces players proficiency in combat skills for strained arms, and reduced walk/run speed for strained legs. A Wooden Horse, if it gets implemented could apply a sore torso effect that temporarily reduces stamina/carry weight?

Or is something similar already included under "Arbitrary number of additional scripted effects the device will apply to subjects locked in it?" Cause I admit, I haven't really had the chance to test this out since I've been busy with other games + Skyrim LE giving me stability issues as of late.

59 minutes ago, Seph64 said:

Or is something similar already included under "Arbitrary number of additional scripted effects the device will apply to subjects locked in it?" Cause I admit, I haven't really had the chance to test this out since I've been busy with other games + Skyrim LE giving me stability issues as of late.

More or less. You can hook practically anything into DDC using this feature, but yes it will require some scripting.

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

As I said above, I tried to do that with ZAP 7 models (which I have permission for using), but they don't work right in DDC. The furniture model itself shows up in game as expected, but as soon as an actor is put into the model using DDC's code, the model turns black on screen. I have no idea why and how to fix that. DDC's code is radically different from ZAP's, and I assume some changes would have to be made to the models to make it work.

Calling @Lupine00 Calling @Lupine00

Here's your chance, if you can solve this puzzle, to gain an eternal pass to Sovngarde ..... ?

Hey @Kimy

Have you considered using/altering vanilla assets? ZAP also used a bunch of vanilla assets.

You could use things like this:

Spoiler

DCC1.JPG.35b2c831faa36dd6f32e5afd20dbe4c6.JPGDCC2.JPG.8e1248c67de867d33f7f3da4bb75af4e.JPGCapture.JPG.3c8e1d6d92ab3f41cc0a88e8778363d6.JPG

You can also use things like ImpJailWall01 or tie the player to a pole using ImpJailPole01.

This could take a load off the model work.

Is it possible to use them or am I saying something really stupid?

6 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Hey @Kimy

Have you considered using/altering vanilla assets? ZAP also used a bunch of vanilla assets.

Reveal hidden contents

You can also use things like ImpJailWall01 or tie the player to a pole using ImpJailPole01.

Is it possible to use them or am I saying something really stupid?

Both models and animations are needed. The vanilla game doesn't ship with bondage poses. :D

5 hours ago, t.ara said:

Kimy´s mod uses three parts and dedicated animations to create a furniture: The static object like u see in game, the add-on-restraints as AO (boned) and at least the furniture as an AO, which also has to be boned. It´s not easy to create all those assets error-free and skyrim-compatible, spawning correctly.

If I could use the mod without the other DD mods, I´d add some stuff. At the moment I can not install the DD in whole. Maybe somebody likes to quit the dependencies and look if that mod can autonomly work without the other stuff. In that case it´s handling would be more easy.

You do not tell something stupid-it would be a well overthought feature of this mod to open the door so that maybe others could help here adding new stuff. Later it´s also important, that furnitures get specific keywords if you want to use furnitures in a special way. If you have now 5 furnitures like the pony, the x-cross and the crux and e.g.  a pole, you have maybe the crux and the pony working as a torture-furniture with different effects for the player, than an asset, which is holing the player "only" in place (X-cross, standing-pole or others). If you add a rack, you should also think about a suiting mechanic for that. This could become more easy here inside this mod, easy going for Kimy.

I would, as mentioned before, add zap 7 and some wanted other furnitures, maybe the torture-pole-series and some fine basics. Only my suggestion.

Anyway have I not looked into the esm/esp-file and the construction, which has been made for the engine. I guess that every furniture has it´s own seperated keyword as well, bound to maybe some conditions.

I can only motivate here to create this mod and also DDxyz in that way, so that others can add beloved assets in future. Only my suggestion.

At this point I could probably remove DDX from the master list, but DDC's code integrates with DDI (that's needed to make DD wearable devices work with the furniture), which in turn needs DDA. Since DDC was meant to be a part of the DD framework, making it a standalone mod was never something I considered.

But yes, DDX probably could be removed, at least for the time being?

20 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I know, but I thought not having to make the models from scratch could help. You said that making the models is a nightmare.

I can't make animations either. Haha! :D   But yes, the gang complained more about the actual models back then! :D 

21 minutes ago, t.ara said:

Don´t worry, I´ll try to install DDxyzf soon and try to add some cute stuff then, as soon I´m  ready with that, I send it to you for a test and if you like it you can bring it as an update then. If I have problems with adding them to the framework, I´ll then ask you how to.

Sounds awesome! :)

21 minutes ago, t.ara said:

I would recommend to have ZAP in this mod available. Only my opinion.

Agreed. We always planned to bring ZAP 7 models to DDC, to allow DD mods to use them, and because, yes, it's great to keep existing stuff alive. The first batch of items was meant to be lore-friendly/medieval themed. I'd love to have moderns items in there too, to complement the equivalent items in DD. But for now, I'd be super happy to just get the ZAP 7 items working, because that's a really nice selection to start with. :)

2 hours ago, t.ara said:

I guess that the DEMO is putting the assets into the area of riverwood for a test...I need only the "normal-pack" and I´ll create at once a test-area for the furnitures....which style you would prefer???

I mean interior-style?

All done-I´m waiting for CURSET LOOT.....without curset-loot I´ll not begin;-)))

You don't need Cursed Loot, as you said it's optional. We expect DDC to be playable without DCL as it's just an extra quest mod, a big quest mod but still.

13 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

[..]

:classic_happy: That would be really great!