The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

Posted (edited)

RIP "woke" bs in games and film? I guess the speaking with our wallets thing actually worked seeing as how the last few years metrics have shown that 80% of players are playing older games from before this shit started and Hollywood finally realized they are bleeding money and losing any credibility they had.

Common sense has prevailed again, lol.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
On 4/20/2024 at 6:12 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

RIP "woke" bs in games and film? I guess the speaking with our wallets thing actually worked seeing as how the last few years metrics have shown that 80% of players are playing older games from before this shit started and Hollywood finally realized they are bleeding money and losing any credibility they had.

Common sense has prevailed again, lol.

Not even kind of.

This has just started, and it's going to be years before it gets swept under the rug, and that exactly what's going to happen; just like McCarthyism no one is going to admit they were 100% complicit with being a hypercunttwatbeast even when presented with video evidence.

Edited by 27X
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, 27X said:

and it going to be years before it gets swept under the rug

Not if a hard reality check hits us first- which is very likely to happen btw. Perhaps even unavoidable from everything I'm reading. This thing can't be patched anymore or kicked up the road for someone to fix later.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
5 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Not if a hard reality check hits us first- which is very likely to happen btw. Perhaps even unavoidable from everything I'm reading. This thing can't be patched anymore or kicked up the road.

I read soemwhere that Disney were going to back away from the "Girl Power Only" direction that they've been taking with the MCU, so maybe the message is getting through to TV and Cinema.

I'm not sure about the game industry. I mean look at Starfield: the closest thing to "sexy" is a couple of dudes wearing mascara.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Starfield: the closest thing to "sexy" is a couple of dudes wearing mascara.

I didn't buy Starfield. It's literally the only voice we have. The AAA gaming industry just takes us for granted anymore and it shows. Personally don't mind too much since there are a ton of good games I've missed over the last twenty years... and my aging rig (potato) can still run them just fine. ;)

But it would be nice if they got their shit together again and realize why people seem to be turning back to older games. Sex sells. Period. I can only imagine the sheer delight of a young horny adult finding these mods for the first time. Granted it's not the only reason. But it's a big one I think.

Edited by KoolHndLuke

Don't get me wrong - I like Starfield a lot. But everyone wanders around covered up from head to toe like they're expecting to have Queen Victoria over for afternoon tea, and they're afraid she'll b3e offended by a glimpse of naked ankle.

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

It's literally the only voice we have.

Sadly, you're not wrong. Reviews are worthless, steam gets review bombed, social media gets trolled and brigaded. The only unambiguous signal we can send is not to buy.

Damn, this one really hurts.

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/mike-pinder-dead-moody-blues-founding-keyboardist-dies-obituary-1235666090/

I first heard the Moody Blues in the sixties when I got back in country. I was delighted that the Mystery of Life discussions were wide spread, enhanced greatly by psychedelic drugs LSD on sugar cubes and no strychnine and seekers of truth with wonder and delight and such beautiful exploration of inner space all with the moody blues in the back. "Days of Future Past" was/is magic.

Now I feel older and a bit more tired and so melancholy that I cannot speak of it.

for Steph and Cathy and Fran.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Codifer said:

Now I feel older and a bit more tired and so melancholy that I cannot speak of it.

My ass just exploded after a bit of exercise and a some alcohol to dull the pain. You get used to it. Apologies if that sounds insensitive. I was actually trying to make you smile at the (sometimes) ridiculousness, absurdity of our plight in life.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
23 minutes ago, Codifer said:

Now I feel older and

Don't feel older but wiser.

Nothing can take you all the experiences you had.

Listen to this music brings all the things back, if it has been yesterday....

18 hours ago, worik said:

R.I.P. my good old Fallout 4 game :🥲

Time to start a new life and see Shaun being abducted again 

Yes, and I am afraid to fire up FO4 to see the damage.    Maybe if I wait lone enough, my dread to rebuild a working 300+ mod set will be less than my desire to play the game again.

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

Yes, and I am afraid to fire up FO4 to see the damage.    Maybe if I wait lone enough, my dread to rebuild a working 300+ mod set will be less than my desire to play the game again.

Well you could always go here....:lol:  kidding.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/126790-fallout-iv-for-beginners-v329-fusion-girl-bodytalk/page/66/#comment-4338342

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Maybe if I wait lone enough, my dread to rebuild a working 300+ mod set will be less than my desire to play the game again.

5-6000 hrs of playtime for me (all modded of course). Have needed to rebuild my LO for over a year now and just can't bring myself to do it. Lot of the changes I've made would be lost forever and I'm not about to try and sort them out and put them in a proper mod since that's impossible. If it finally breaks, it's probably gone for good.

Edited by KoolHndLuke