Interesting idea. Are all the events designed to be non-consensual or are there options to consent to or refuse the advances of a tentacle monster? If there aren't. perhaps some flavor events unlocked through high personal combat ratings can be added.

Also, is this mod going to turn the whole map into "tentacle sluts"?

1 hour ago, 2561642 said:

I've taken a quick browse through the files, and there's nothing as bad as the original DWR tentaclekin flooding the entire world.

Further testing will be needed, though.

2 hours ago, 2561642 said:

Interesting idea. Are all the events designed to be non-consensual or are there options to consent to or refuse the advances of a tentacle monster? If there aren't. perhaps some flavor events unlocked through high personal combat ratings can be added.

In every scene, you can decide whether your character consents to tentacle sex or not. I think it's hotter if there's no way to resist, but I might consider adding an optional setting to fight back.

2 hours ago, 2561642 said:

This depends on your settings at the start. If you have both Frequent AI encounters and TF enabled, pretty much every woman is going to be a tentacle slave by age 21. You might also start seeing less male children and more female tentacle slave children from tentacle pregnancies, which may cause weirdness in the late game. If you don't want this to happen, you can set AI encounters to rare or disable them entirely.

idk if it is just other mods i have but the final months trait is never removed for me so i have to do it with console commands

also a few ideas i thought up are 

1. directly spreading the tentacles to a girl

2. a religion that worships the tentacles

3. a county modifier that says there is a tentacle cave

27 minutes ago, BlackDragoWolf said:

idk if it is just other mods i have but the final months trait is never removed for me so i have to do it with console commands

After some testing, I think this happens if you get tentacle-impregnated during the final months of a pregnancy. The next release will clean up all pregnancy flavor-related flags after childbirth, which should fix this issue.

I think it would be a good idea that you can build a mana pool of sorts with birthed tentacle beasts. It would tie in with BDW's idea of directly spreading tentacles to other female characters but in order to spread tentacle beasts you have to acquire your own spawn.

So for every beast you birth you get 1 mana point/tentacle beast that you can then direct towards another character and can only continue to keep doing this so long as you have unspent tentacle beasts.

Another thing would be for a Tentacle religion. I don't know what you would call, probably something lovecraftian, but if you wanted an event chain then it would probably be something similar to the tentacle cave event you already have although with other requirements. Probably need to have the tentacle slave trait to begin with, be fully indoctrinated and have birthed a certain amount of tentacle beasts. Once the event triggers after meeting the requirements you could have the player be notified that the peasants are concerned about a local Church, a Nuns Convent or another village as they haven't heard from them and have seen 'strange things', the player then goes to investigate and finds the place to be suprisingly orderly but there are no men around, only women.

For the local Church or Convent the player could find the place run entirely by women and speaking ofa very different Lord than the one the player is used to and instead speak of a great tentacled God and so on. The player can then ask just what the locals think they're doing and can either A) Destroy the place for heresy, B) Let the place remain and secretly convert and join in their rituals or C) Outright convert and join in their rituals.

For both B & C you can then have some tentacle beasts arrive, be worshipped by the locals and have the player revel in their new faith.

This is all just an idea, it's up to you.

44 minutes ago, El_Británico said:

I think it would be a good idea that you can build a mana pool of sorts with birthed tentacle beasts. It would tie in with BDW's idea of directly spreading tentacles to other female characters but in order to spread tentacle beasts you have to acquire your own spawn.

Thanks for the thoughts Británico. I'm not sure about "tentacle mana" as it seems very gamey. I think the seduction is hotter if it's more event-driven and you have to make certain decisions to sway them into becoming a tentacle slave. That way, it feels more like you broke down a real person and enslaved her, rather than clicking a target in a game.

Right now, tentacle indoctrination is very gradual (compared to most tentacle hentai) and only happens through tentacle sex. I like the idea that you have to lure other people into being assaulted by tentacles to slowly break their will. Maybe it works like seduction or swaying in vanilla CK2, and sets a focus that provides you with opportunities every now and then.

I plan to eventually make tentacle spawn relevant by allowing you to either keep them in court (so you get your own pet tentacle monster) or turn them into tentacle armies. Maybe you can also birth parasites, which you can use to secretly corrupt others. That's a bit like "tentacle mana" but makes more sense RP wise.

When I get around to adding tentacle monster characters, you'll also be able to corrupt your prisoners by feeding them to your court tentacle monster. That'll be fun.

That's all in the Soon (TM) future though. Right now, I'm just focusing on adding more flavor events so it feels more like a complete experience and you don't see the same five events every game.

44 minutes ago, El_Británico said:

Another thing would be for a Tentacle religion.

[...]

This is all just an idea, it's up to you.

This is very cool! I'll definitely take inspiration from this when it comes time to make the religion.

11 hours ago, cherisong said:

In every scene, you can decide whether your character consents to tentacle sex or not. I think it's hotter if there's no way to resist, but I might consider adding an optional setting to fight back.

This depends on your settings at the start. If you have both Frequent AI encounters and TF enabled, pretty much every woman is going to be a tentacle slave by age 21. You might also start seeing less male children and more female tentacle slave children from tentacle pregnancies, which may cause weirdness in the late game. If you don't want this to happen, you can set AI encounters to rare or disable them entirely.

I'd like to see the PC able to fight back with a chance of failure/success as an option along with option to always successfully resist/automatic no resistance  Although I'd like it to be a very small chance of success given how many tentacles are going to be grabbing the poor woman.   And maybe add in a event chain of a tentacle stalker to try to subdue/subjugate the PC if she keeps resisting.   All in all, I'd like to see the "indoctrination" being more drawn out for the player. 

And maybe add tentacled seaspawn for coastal areas (If you've ever seen "Dagon" or read HP Lovecraft's "The Shadow over Insmouth"  you'll get some idea of where I'm going with this..) maybe even a scripted event chain of invading or infiltrating tentacled sea monsters. 

I have several ideas after trying this out. Like what if instead of random rng being the chance of attacks to have them instead be tied to a new disease or rather an outbreak of tentacle attacks. This would also make it occur more often in more civilized areas aka more populated areas would receive more attacks.

Another Idea is having an outbreak once the ruler becomes a tentacle slave. New laws and reforms could be added or a crown law just right and out banning hunting of tentacle beasts. This of course would be very negatively received. But would lay the foundations to setting up the cult of whatever aka the new religion and forming a secret society around the elite of said cult. There is also an opportunity to use the away function from like the futa mercenary mod where your ruler goes away for sometime to be bred by tentacle beasts while a regent takes over without having to sacrifice. 

It'd also be neat that when you do abdicate there would be idk some exclusive artwork or something rather then straight up ruler dead screen.

Maybe a rare event where you are essentially put into a permanent regency while you are locked away in a tentacle pit? Or even a yearly ritual with the new religion where you and your family perform the sacred ritual of tentacle breeding on every 1st of the year? 

Oh and rather then being hurt when you fight back against the tentacle it starts a year long regency while you are defiled by said tentacle. "until an adventurer rescues you"

read the above mention of religion and heres my thoughts: Temple holdings could be tied to either A: Tentacle slave or B: Tentacle kin themselves. And while this may be a bit over the top but tying with the lovecraftian theme men would be converted into women through events (though idk if thats a plausible thing maybe giving them feminine trait is the extent?) 

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I can't respond to everything but rest assured that I'm furiously taking notes.

2 hours ago, DrMojoDoc said:

Looks amazing. Do you also plan to touch upon "playing as a tentacle monster" as well? I mostly play as a male characters but I can't say I'm into much of voyeurism. Would love to play as a tentacle monster though.

Once I add tentacle monster characters, it will theoretically be possible to play as a tentacle monster. That said, it may not be very fun because tentacle monsters in this universe are dumb beasts. I was planning to make them incapable imbeciles who need regents in order to rule. I'll look into setting up options for this though.

1 hour ago, Kerticana said:

I have several ideas after trying this out. Like what if instead of random rng being the chance of attacks to have them instead be tied to a new disease or rather an outbreak of tentacle attacks. This would also make it occur more often in more civilized areas aka more populated areas would receive more attacks.

My plan for this was to have raiding tentacle adventurers instead; this way, you can still see the tentacle monster infestation moving around, but you can interact with it meaningfully using your troops, instead of building hospitals and twiddling your thumbs.

1 hour ago, Kerticana said:

There is also an opportunity to use the away function from like the futa mercenary mod where your ruler goes away for sometime to be bred by tentacle beasts while a regent takes over without having to sacrifice.

While the story idea is hot, I don't like regencies because they feel terrible if you're trying to actually play the game - you end up with council voting, realm mismanagement, etc. This is why tentacle monsters in this mod makes a distinction between lowborn slaves, who get kidnapped forever, and noble slaves, who can come and go as they please: it lets you, the player, enjoy the tentacle fantasy while still being able to play the game normally.

If I do include regencies, I'll probably tie them to big important decisions, like the sacred tentacle breeding ritual you suggested. Maybe the tentacle religion lets you throw a big orgy once in your lifetime and get bred nonstop for a year, after which you get lots of retinues and an heir with awesome bonuses.

I like the idea of adding more flavor to the "gone missing" deaths. If I have time, I might add a big narrative event chain describing your character's ultimate fate.

For more flavor, maybe include tentacle attacks in a dark forest or while bathing in a pond/river.   And maybe hook into secret cult events especially those dealing with forbidden lore/books or delving into dangerous ruins. 

In the old mods, it was possible to have tentacle attacks directed at NPC's..(and maybe player characters as well) 

2 hours ago, lonelyneet said:

Took a look into the localisation and must say that I like this mod so fucking much. May I ask for the permission to translate this mod into Chinese and publish it in a Chinese paradox community? I promise you will be correctly credited.

Go ahead. Remember to credit the artists too!

because tentacle monsters in this universe are dumb beasts.

There's no such thing.  They might not necessarily understand things like Democracy or Monarchy, but that doesn't mean they're stupid.  Hell's bells, people have conquered the world as literal horses(https://imgur.com/a/lYnST :From Norse to Horse), we have Animal Kingdoms as a possibility.  Why can't they?

But that's nitpicking.  My real concern is....there's all this about tentacle slave and whatnot, and even being a religion cult, and so on.  It's all sub.  Which is fine in itself.  Even with what you say about them being beasts, we want to spread the love.  By force.  "A new power is rising!" and so forth.  It's one thing for tentacles to infest the world wildly, it's another to bring the world under the heels of a new 'something'.  Armies of infested females, 'normal' females, tentacles, futanari, to crush the fools who don't understand.

God, imagine this with Republic or Nomad.  You could devote places in the family palace to breeding.  Tentacles could spread via Trade Posts.

Oh dear, the thoughts just keep coming, really.  Transforming the world into a lusty tentacled world.  To embrace it, and not be just a slave, but more.

14 hours ago, Bloodly said:

They might not necessarily understand things like Democracy or Monarchy, but that doesn't mean they're stupid.

Oh, I agree. My point was that they aren't suited for rulership, as they can't exactly hold court sessions or collect taxes.

I was originally planning to treat tentacle monsters like Glitterhoof in vanilla CK2, with the incapable and imbecile traits. This makes them rather weak as rulers but has the advantage of blocking most vanilla events, so you can't, for example, find out that a tentacle monster is spreading vicious rumors about you.

After feedback, I've decided to add an option to let tentacle monsters be treated as normal male characters without the incapable and imbecile traits. This lets you dommy players out there play as tentacle monsters without having to go through the regency mechanics. It does mean a lot of weird/funny things are likely to happen though, like being able to embrace Christ as a tentacle monster, which is why it's not going to be on by default.

I still haven't figured out how succession and dynasties are going to work with tentacle monsters. I might end up giving tentacle monsters a "Monster" dynasty by default, but allow players to adopt tentacle children into their dynasty, so you can designate a tentacle monster as your heir.

14 hours ago, Bloodly said:

Even with what you say about them being beasts, we want to spread the love.  By force.  "A new power is rising!" and so forth.  It's one thing for tentacles to infest the world wildly, it's another to bring the world under the heels of a new 'something'.  Armies of infested females, 'normal' females, tentacles, futanari, to crush the fools who don't understand.

Don't worry, I have plans for this (coming Soon (TM)). I definitely want to make it possible to reform your government and conquer the world under a new, very tentacled, world order.

5 hours ago, cherisong said:

I still haven't figured out how succession and dynasties are going to work with tentacle monsters. I might end up giving tentacle monsters a "Monster" dynasty by default, but allow players to adopt tentacle children into their dynasty, so you can designate a tentacle monster as your heir.

You could see about making use of the Born in the Purple trait that the Byzantines use for your succession since anyone with the Born in the Purple trait are considered higher in the line of succession no matter what, unless the Byzantine Empire is still in Imperial Elective.

14 hours ago, cherisong said:

I was originally planning to treat tentacle monsters like Glitterhoof in vanilla CK2, with the incapable and imbecile traits. This makes them rather weak as rulers but has the advantage of blocking most vanilla events, so you can't, for example, find out that a tentacle monster is spreading vicious rumors about you.

While I am glad to hear that you will allow us to play as the monsters, I can also kinda see your point there. However, the default regency mechanic can and does limit most of diplomatic actions, even with a regent with content trait. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem because no one really expects the tentacle monsters to arrange marriage between courtiers. By extension, TMs cannot really declare war with normal CBs either. Crusading/Jihading/Great Holy Warring in the name of tentacle Jesus/Allah/Pegan Gods is not, while amusing to think about, feasible. 
The "perfect" way around it would be a separate, 'special' regency mechanic, where the AIs will run and, hopefully snowball your realm (and thus shielding you from vicious rumor, for example), while you spread the love around.
The closest scenario that I can think that might be similar to this is playing as a very decentralized HRE Emperor with very (though very unlikely) loyal vassals that can declare war on their own. You can't really control your vassals amassing power and territory, but you are technically still in charge. 

I have few ideas about this "TM government"
   1. Do not have access to most of "normal CBs" like succession dispute or Great Holy War (Straight up conquest is fine, I guess)

2. Cannot be interacted with certain diplomatic actions such as viscous rumor and demand favor
   3. Top tier title can only be inherited to characters with TM trait and male (to save the headache of coding female version of TM and the whole new different events and localizations)

4. But the vassal titles can only be granted to females (same reason as above), inherited to a character with TM trait (call it a auxiliary hatchery), if not, it reverts back to player.
       4a) Huge tax and levy malus on holding the title on your own, since TMs are not good stewards of the land

4b) But huge benefits on other things like prosperity and anything that might fit the theme since these demesne will TMs designated breeding ground where you don't have to hide behind an agent.

5. By default, the realm is always in regency under a female under your control. And the regent cannot be replaced with males. IF changed, the regent will be another female under your control, who is absolutely loyal to you just like her predecessor.

6. When not in regency (i.e. TM is actively holding a court) for some reason, all male courtiers are removed (killed, exiled, whatever), and only female courtiers are allowed. This of course comes with super high malus from other non-tentacle characters. Or even from other tentacle characters since you might be competing for limited resources. and will likely cause everyone to declare war on you.

6a) Aforementioned troubles can be negated if the other characters believe in tentacle religion (like C'thulu cult), openly or secretly

7. When not in regency, you will be limited to very small number of demesne (like 1 or 2.) that will act as your spawning pool. Everything else, must be delegated to your loyal vassals or auxiliary hatchery.

I have few more, but I feel like at this point I'm just rambling stuff that may or may not be possible due to game mechanics limitation. :(

17 hours ago, cherisong said:

Oh, I agree. My point was that they aren't suited for rulership, as they can't exactly hold court sessions or collect taxes.

After feedback, I've decided to add an option to let tentacle monsters be treated as normal male characters without the incapable and imbecile traits. This lets you dommy players out there play as tentacle monsters without having to go through the regency mechanics. It does mean a lot of weird/funny things are likely to happen though, like being able to embrace Christ as a tentacle monster, which is why it's not going to be on by default.

Don't worry, I have plans for this (coming Soon (TM)). I definitely want to make it possible to reform your government and conquer the world under a new, very tentacled, world order.

Cthulhu fhtagn!  

"It found me" 

Hey, really loving the mod so far. Had a quick question, am I supposed to be getting vanilla pregnancy along with tentacle pregnancy? I figure its supposed to be obvious since it comes and goes with the tentacle pregnancy, just asking cause six years in I have negative 19 million prestige and piety from unmarried pregnancy's xd… but maybe thats befitting a tentacle slave and thus the point?