What really makes you happy?

On 12/2/2021 at 8:25 PM, EvalovesEP said:

> If this is true, than this makes me very happy :) 

2057789529_2021-12-0303_21_04-Jutarnjilist-Francewillpunishschoolbullieswithuptothreeyearsinpris.png.79705ce5b6ea73e56e9ddda271b348a6.png

2018966314_2021-12-0303_21_40-Jutarnjilist-Francewillpunishschoolbullieswithuptothreeyearsinpris.png.7b5270dc204818a9a3eb203c32aff901.png

I have always preferred the method of Alternative Education in such cases as it does not waste either the time that the children have to be children, their youthful energy which causes them to act out when not engaged with the educational process or their potential as a criminal record could send them down a path of greater criminality rather than reform them in any way. 

They should be adequately tested for their aptitudes then shipped out to a specialty school to teach them what they will excel at rather than warehouse them in school systems worryingly patterned after those made to turn out factory workers in the USA regardless of where in the world they are located. 

5 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I have always preferred the method of Alternative Education in such cases as it does not waste either the time that the children have to be children, their youthful energy which causes them to act out when not engaged with the educational process or their potential as a criminal record could send them down a path of greater criminality rather than reform them in any way. 

They should be adequately tested for their aptitudes then shipped out to a specialty school to teach them what they will excel at rather than warehouse them in school systems worryingly patterned after those made to turn out factory workers in the USA regardless of where in the world they are located. 

> I agree with you about sending problematic children (bullies) to special facility in which they will be "reeducated", but it looks like the government has no money or they do have such institutions but they aren't successful or they doesn't want to build such place(s) for them.

Edited by EvalovesEP

Well, I'm from Europe and I didn't read anything about it - no TV-news mentioning something like that, no newspaper articles.

I may believe that article may be pushed around in social networks as clickbait and is only secondary in the real world.

3 minutes ago, Gartek said:

Well, I'm from Europe and I didn't read anything about it - no TV-news mentioning something like that, no newspaper articles.

I may believe that article may be pushed around in social networks as clickbait and is only secondary in the real world.

> The news I posted can be found in every newspaper in my country and in Serbia, Bosnia and similar. I didn't check the news in other European countries. it was good enough for me that dozens newspapers posted this news.

18 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> The news I posted can be found in every newspaper in my country and in Serbia, Bosnia and similar. I didn't check the news in other European countries. it was good enough for me that dozens newspapers posted this news.

I guess, right now, in (too) many EU countries, everybody is busy with their own toes or jumps on something scandalous in other countries.

Talking about something that is actually trying to do things better or solve issues feels rare these days.

I only heard it here as a side note, buried very deep in the nerd corner.

Enjoy that your newspapers are doing a much better job :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, worik said:

? That reminds me a bit about the people from the MiWuLa

Trains again worik? ?

I am afraid you are suffering from DB-PTSD. ??:classic_sad:
So many promised trains, so many disappointments. At some point, it simply gets to your psyche if you hear the same excuses 2 times a day ?

Edited by donttouchmethere
I wouldn't be suprised if even the DB toy train arrives late -.-
16 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I am afraid you are suffering from DB-PTSD. ??:classic_sad:

:classic_blink: perhaps.

:classic_laugh: But it's not everything about trains there...

Spoiler

Some trains

Spoiler

some not

Spoiler

With a tour guide ( ?? )

Spoiler

:angel:

Edited by worik
6 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

What makes me happy is all the amazing people here.  I have made some great and hopefully life long friends here over the nearly 10 years I have been here.  I have a pretty full real life, but I always dedicate a part of my day to LL for my own happiness.

Meryl Streep Yes GIF by MOODMAN

3 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Taking things in stride and still smiling no matter how much they hurt. :classic_wink:

My favorite thing is to remind myself that "Life is too serious, NOT to laugh through". Gotta find the humor.