What really makes you happy?

• 2 weeks later...

What makes me happy?

Well, can't remember ever being asked this question. People usually expect me to make them happy, to care for them.

I guess.. Working hard on something, that you have problems with only to get it to work in the end, that's an awesome feeling.

To know you did something everyone doubted you about, yourself included.

Or to have a friend come to you for advice because he values you for all you two have been gone through together, only to see your advice succeeding in getting things right for your friend, bringing joy, wealth or whatever he's been tryin' to get right.

Then there's sex, of course, tho i don't know if the feeling of an orgasm really counts towards being truly happy, or if this is just some short-lived copy of the feeling.

I have to admit that having sex with a hottie you had your eyes on, seeing her squirm under you, seeing her eyes roll back into her head, drooling and losing her voice due to so much screaming.. That does feel nice, does make me happy - at some point, i guess.

But i guess being the most happy, at least for me, comes from soneone truly appreciating me for what i am and what i'm capable of.
And not for what they want me to be: Appreciation feels nice, especially nowadays when every little bit of thinking different or outside the box is judged by everyone.

Or maybe just a good ol' funny movie. I like those.

Edited by -Player1-
16 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

That is the beginning of many horror stories... Have you ever seen Evil Dead for example ?

Any horror show about the wilderness is outdone by the very real horrors of society. I feel far more at piece in the woods than any other place it even could be argued the forests raised me.... hence my name.

3 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

Any horror show about the wilderness is outdone by the very real horrors of society. I feel far more at piece in the woods than any other place it even could be argued the forests raised me.... hence my name.

nothing quite like a 300 year old maple in the wild, innit : )

As I bemoaned hearing news of yet another unneeded sequel in the form of The Witcher 4 (or whatever it will be called), I ran across this video and found myself agreeing with the points found within, seeing that someone else realizes the importance of a finale to the story that came before it and that removing, replacing or even delaying it can ruin the pacing of the story if not the very context of its content. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my goddaughter, she's is 6, is going to stay over night at my place for the first time. because she now is "grown up enough" :D

that alone makes me happy.

but when I asked her mother, if there is anything I should know or if there is something that she (the kid) is not allowed to do or to eat or whatever, she replied " I trust you. You know what's good for her, so don't you worry, you will do nothing wrong. Just have a great night."

It really touched my heart, that someone trusts me that strongly.

After that phone call I cried tears of joy ?

• 2 weeks later...

Watching and even just hearing youtuber's chatter and laughter in the background. Let's Game It Out, The Spiffing Brit, Slmcle, EddieVR, IGP are some of the channels I frequent and often I just leave playing on my TV while I do stuff just makes me feel comfortable. I suppose I had to replace human interaction with something considering how closed off and introverted I am these past few years.

At the end of the day when all's said and done and push comes to shove it's all about family.

CK3

1411038079_CK3Family.thumb.jpg.02891b9046405ae7d0e6b8dcbe199ca9.jpg

That's my son but not his mother though she is my wife. ?

I think I was about 143, wife about 68 and sonny about 4.

Aren't mods great? ?

Edited by Grey Cloud
1 minute ago, Grey Cloud said:

Family.

Hide contents

CK3

1411038079_CK3Family.thumb.jpg.02891b9046405ae7d0e6b8dcbe199ca9.jpg

That's my son but not his mother though she is my wife. ?

I think I was about 143, wife about 68 and sonny about 4.

Aren't mods great? ?

You make me realise CK3 might be a very good investment indeed.

Is it a good game?

I wonder how many sexy mods there are for that game...

3 minutes ago, Idyll said:

You make me realise CK3 might be a very good investment indeed.

Is it a good game?

I wonder how many sexy mods there are for that game...

It is a fun game but it is pretty much a "can you keep your family line going" simulator.    As for the mods, CK2 has the most, but CK3 is catching up.    For some reason, when I start  as a male character, I end up dying pretty fast (combat is deadly), but as a female character, I do better, though at this point, my latest playthrough is a full on succubus and is an amazing warrior.   One of the cool things about CK2 (and likely CK3) is it is not androgynous wrt to play styles.   A male character requires a different approach, skills, etc. than a female character and depending on how succession goes (in the shot below, I am using elective monarchy, but.....since Ms. Aethelburg holds all the Duchies, her vote is the only one that matters.   Her heir (once she dies), will not have it as easy.  

image.png.b39200ded49c769fa07e1b1f1a5c9908.png

So yes it is a good game (CK3 (much better graphics) or CK2 if you don't mind being a bit behind the times), with lots of SFW and NSFW mods.

However if you go with CK, you will likely need many of the DLCs.   Also cheats are easy  and I went crazy with the money cheat, so be careful with cheats.   This game is boring as the only threat I have is disease outbreaks.

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

It is a fun game but it is pretty much a "can you keep your family line going" simulator.    As for the mods, CK2 has the most, but CK3 is catching up.    For some reason, when I start  as a male character, I end up dying pretty fast (combat is deadly), but as a female character, I do better, though at this point, my latest playthrough is a full on succubus and is an amazing warrior.   One of the cool things about CK2 (and likely CK3) is it is not androgynous wrt to play styles.   A male character requires a different approach, skills, etc. than a female character and depending on how succession goes (in the shot below, I am using elective monarchy, but.....since Ms. Aethelburg holds all the Duchies, her vote is the only one that matters.   Her heir (once she dies), will not have it as easy.  

image.png.b39200ded49c769fa07e1b1f1a5c9908.png

So yes it is a good game (CK3 (much better graphics) or CK2 if you don't mind being a bit behind the times), with lots of SFW and NSFW mods.

However if you go with CK, you will likely need many of the DLCs.   Also cheats are easy  and I went crazy with the money cheat, so be careful with cheats.   This game is boring as the only threat I have is disease outbreaks.

Interesting, thanks for the pointers!

It's on my list of future games to buy, then. ?

9 hours ago, Idyll said:

Is it a good game?

It is a crap game. It styles itself as a 'grand-strategy game' but is more like 'Sims - The Mediaeval Years'. It doesn't do anything well and I could write an essay on everything it does badly.

9 hours ago, Idyll said:

I wonder how many sexy mods there are for that game.

Probably only a couple of dozen that are actually working thanks to the game updates breaking many mods. I have about 20 mods installed  - from mods to make text stand out from the background to sex animations.

nature and my cat have been lifting my spirits the past few weeks. i love nature and obviously my cat lol. 

i'm a 3D artist, so i don't get to spend as much time in nature as i would like. a lot of my days are cooped up inside at my desk working with technology, so even in the summer months i leave my window wide open so i can at least enjoy the natural air. i live in the south so it can get extremely hot, and some days, particularly if i'm rendering, i need to have the window closed to keep in as much cool air as possible so my computer doesn't commit seppuku. but normally with my ceiling fan, it's comfortably warm in here. if my roommates would let me, i'd have ALL the windows open. ofc it gets warm because it's summer. but the natural air just... lifts my spirits. and i feel like it could lift a lot of other ppl's spirits too, even if they aren't outdoorsy lol.

in the spring and summer months (and also fall bc it doesn't get cold until at least november here) my cat spends a majority of his time in my room, looking out the window and chattering at birds and squirrels, getting nice scratches, or sleeping with his belly out. he likes to sleep on the floor where he can lounge most comfortably. he was feral until he was about 7 months old when i adopted him from a rescue, so he still has some feral behaviors like drinking water with his paws and being extremely territorial. he was a wild child after i adopted him for many years but as he's gotten older, he's much calmer and cuddlier. i often say "he's finally domesticated" lol. having him with me while i'm working helps lift my spirits, and since he loves nature too, he's always in my room loving the natural air with me.