1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I don't know anything about Mod Organiser, as I use Vortex. They install mods differently, and I could never find the folders from MO when it installed mods. But you need to look in the installed folder for the meshes and see if they are there or have been put in another folder. 

The thing is, without going through MO I can't find the folders for the slider groups or devious meshes on normal file explorer. Any suggestions?

11 hours ago, WolfieMate said:

Yeah I figured out that it was a part of devious cursed loot, yet still I can't get the bodyslide meshes to work with devious devices. They're still invisible after batch building and I try holding ctrl and batch building but when I try to create the output directory bodyslide freezes and I have to close it. I am using mod organizer with everything installed through it.

I don't use ctrl-click with MO, just let them output where it wants to... propably in overwrite then. Or once you move everything to new mod say "Overwrite_devious_profile", then next time bodyslide (or FNIS for that matter) won't do anything to regular overwrite.

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I don't use ctrl-click with MO, just let them output where it wants to... propably in overwrite then. Or once you move everything to new mod say "Overwrite_devious_profile", then next time bodyslide (or FNIS for that matter) won't do anything to regular overwrite.

Not ctrl clicking has the same outcome, I will try doing what fuzzy fox said.

From what I understand one of features of this mod is almost identical to DCL. You basically loot anything and have a % chance to get bound. So if I ran both mods at the same time every time I open any container there will be two mods checking if my character should get bound? So the chances of being tied up are bigger?

Can you somwhow disable this feature in this mod then? How will it interact with the quests in this mod?

Other that that, this mods looks great! Can't wait to try it!

29 minutes ago, TTomo130197 said:

From what I understand one of features of this mod is almost identical to DCL. You basically loot anything and have a % chance to get bound. So if I ran both mods at the same time every time I open any container there will be two mods checking if my character should get bound? So the chances of being tied up are bigger?

Can you somwhow disable this feature in this mod then? How will it interact with the quests in this mod?

Other that that, this mods looks great! Can't wait to try it!

This mod doesn't automatically bind you, it drops urns, boxes and sort. You can then manually open them yourself or ask someone else to open them for you. What happens then is you might get bound. The other is when you start quests by asking for strange people from innkeepers. Opening those chests didn't yet bind, but looting the quest item makes you open it. All in all it works well while still having DCL.

However from Whiterun i was sent to a dungeon that wasn't open until companions questline is started. I used console to complete the Proving Honor, and wallclip myself out of the bars trap. Setstage C01 10, 20, 30, 40 and 200.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Shaggy_1% said:

where exactly do I find one of The Lore-Mongers

Just take a walk along the major roads in Skyrim. You will stumble upon some non-vanilla houses ...

e.g.

Spoiler

Take the road from Dragonbridge to Solitude.

Near the next crossing, if I remember correct

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. The question rose once but was left unanswered: How do you open the crates and urns? Or more exactly what conditions must be met? 

Everytime I try to open them, and even when asking an ally to do, I'm told "You shouldn't probablt do that now" (or something like this).

It didn't bothered me as I thought they were part of quests, but now I've stacked half a dozen of those stuff and I'm starting to be really curious about it.

Thanks in advance

13 hours ago, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

Hi. The question rose once but was left unanswered: How do you open the crates and urns? Or more exactly what conditions must be met? 

Everytime I try to open them, and even when asking an ally to do, I'm told "You shouldn't probablt do that now" (or something like this).

It didn't bothered me as I thought they were part of quests, but now I've stacked half a dozen of those stuff and I'm starting to be really curious about it.

Thanks in advance

You need to finish the devious lore quest your currently running.

I was experiencing the same issue as other people in this thrad - invisible NPCs. However, while experimenting and trying to fix the problem, I discovered that disabling and re-enabling the NPCs (ponygirls outside Hammer-Worn stables) made them appear, with all the pony gear intact.

So, it's not bodyslide. Something's up with this mod, I reckon.

8 hours ago, bitWolfy said:

I was experiencing the same issue as other people in this thrad - invisible NPCs. However, while experimenting and trying to fix the problem, I discovered that disabling and re-enabling the NPCs (ponygirls outside Hammer-Worn stables) made them appear, with all the pony gear intact.

So, it's not bodyslide. Something's up with this mod, I reckon.

This usually happens when npc's have some HDT related stuff. I assume it are either ponytails, bouncy boobs / butts, or both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey code serpent, I like you're idea for the struggling mini game, but I think it makes things a bit too easy.  You might consider having a difficulty variable in the MCM.  Maybe also some consequences for failing, like a stamina regen debuff.

Also your loot packages, does the type of package completely random, or does it depend on where you find them?  Like will I only find dwemer vials in dwemer ruins? 

If it's random, you might consider employing a weight system that allows players to choose what packages they find and by extension, the type of restraints they get looked in

1 hour ago, kaldwin said:

You might consider having a difficulty variable in the MCM

It's based off the Devious Devices difficulty settings in that MCM

Maybe also some consequences for failing, like a stamina regen debuff.

It does.

Also your loot packages...does it depend on where you find them

Yes

Very nice idea with the struggling system.

1 thing always bothered me, and i don't know if it happens to everyone, but when i'm near one of the npcs who's wearing hobble dress my own running animation changes. It's easy to tell when there is no longer smooth transition between standing still and running, it looks "sharp" animation start. Only fix to that i know is to restart Skyrim. Could be due number of things like lack of PCEA in FNIS or i don't know. If you have any clues how to prevent it from happening, or if it's something the mod can fix?

I'm using this animation btw, not the common favorite FNIS sexy walk... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87966/

If i for example see similar gear on any of the DCL's bound girls i'm not affected at all.

12 hours ago, bubba999 said:

Does this fix the invisible pony girls and the putting a quest in the middle of a quest locked dungeon? (Dustman's Cairn - Companions.) I role play characters that wouldn't be seen anywhere near the Companions!

The invisble Pony Girls are due to a bug with HDT. Nothing I can do.

If you get a quest leading you to a quest locked dungeon, you can just go back to the quest giver and abandon it.

46 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

As you say it's HDT. So if you do want to make them work you would have to change their costumes a bit. Certain combination of them isn't working properly. Try to avoid chains when possible.

22 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

It's based off the Devious Devices difficulty settings in that MCM

Ah sorry, should have read the description a little more carefully.  So "Difficulty Modifier" changers overall struggle difficulty.  Do "Cool Down Modifier" and "Key break Modifier" Change anything?

Very intriguing idea with the new struggle system. Sadly, I seem to be unable to get it working. Does it have any requirements beyond installing the mod? So far, I see the old animation and time-based mechanic, no stamina drained.

(other mod features seem to work fine, MCM shows up etc.)

Edit: Nevermind, I'm too stupid too read. Click on lockpicks. Gotcha.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:14 PM, Code Serpent said:

If you get a quest leading you to a quest locked dungeon, you can just go back to the quest giver and abandon it.

That is true. But something can be done about it. But it's up to us to do it ourselves. And it's not easy to find all occurences.

You have to find all hdt configuration files, that includes "maxLinearVelocity", and change the value to 255, if it is NOT 255. 

Usual its a part like this:

<hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity">
          <hkobject>
                    <hkparam name="value">127</hkparam>
          </hkobject>
</hkparam>

This parameter causes the graphic to stretch infinite, if it is lower than 255, letting objects vanish as result. It's like a cat, chasing it's own tale, getting faster and faster, until it vanishes from sight ... This is a hell of work to find them all. But it needs to be done. I changed them in the mod organizer files, leaving the originals untouched.  The downside is, that the movement is too fast, but objects do not vanish any longer.

So change it to this:

<hkobject>
                    <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>
          </hkobject>
</hkparam>

in ALL occurences in these ini files, in all config files you find. Yes, there are multiple occurences of this parameter in ONE file. Nice, hm? work, work, work.

Hope I could help. I searched a loooong time for this bug, and found this solution only one time on the web. If you are able to find them all, the HDT caused invisibilities stop.

P.S. These config files can be found in the skse/plugins directory, and they are sometimes spread over the meshes directory, too. It's usually an XML, txt or ini file. But it's always an xml structure.

3 hours ago, mkess said:

That is true. But something can be done about it. But it's up to us to do it ourselves. And it's not easy to find all occurences.

You have to find all hdt configuration files, that includes "maxLinearVelocity", and change the value to 255, if it is NOT 255. 

This is very helpful, but we absolutely shouldn't have to do it by ourselves. Patch for DDA and DDX (only DDX it looks) can be made, and @Kimy might integrate it to originals if it actually fixes things. I can already see in my MO2's \DDX-4.2\Meshes\devious\Heretic\xml lib\floor.xml file containing:

<hkobject>

Thedownside is, that the movement is too fast, but objects do not vanish any longer.

Oh, how bad is that really?

edit: Ok, i did this kind of patch myself. Edited total 19 xml files and a ton of occurences. Testing time...

edit2: Went to the pony stables and they are still invisible. When i went in and out of the building i saw some serious polygon stretching before they went invisible again and again. However in Helgen keep the Chloe was wearing a full set of chains and showed perfectly. No too fast looking effect or anything. I'm stumped on why the ponygirls still bug then. I checked my bouncy breasts mod too, they were already set to 255. I loaded the game while in the building and came out, the girls were looking fine. They don't have other HDT than the tail plug.

11 hours ago, Zaflis said:

This is very helpful, but we absolutely shouldn't have to do it by ourselves. Patch for DDA and DDX (only DDX it looks) can be made, and @Kimy might integrate it to originals if it actually fixes things. I can already see in my MO2's \DDX-4.2\Meshes\devious\Heretic\xml lib\floor.xml file containing:

<hkobject>

Oh, how bad is that really?

edit: Ok, i did this kind of patch myself. Edited total 19 xml files and a ton of occurences. Testing time...

edit2: Went to the pony stables and they are still invisible. When i went in and out of the building i saw some serious polygon stretching before they went invisible again and again. However in Helgen keep the Chloe was wearing a full set of chains and showed perfectly. No too fast looking effect or anything. I'm stumped on why the ponygirls still bug then. I checked my bouncy breasts mod too, they were already set to 255. I loaded the game while in the building and came out, the girls were looking fine. They don't have other HDT than the tail plug.

Do you use HDT vagina, too? You have to find all occurences in all hdt mods you use. That is the problem about it. Just ONE missed entrance, and the WHOLE object stretches and vanishes. This error is a bitch to find.