Bug report (?)

On my first quest, Hjorni asked me to retrieve a Ceremonial Urn.
I'm supposed to get it in Dustmain Cairn, but I can't because the entrance is blocked off and I have to do the quest "Proving Honor" to access the whole dungeon.

I can cheat my way in, but I tried reloading prev save in hopes that she will give me another location, but she keeps giving me Dustman Cairn.

So a suggestion, maybe make a check whether or not a player has completed a certain quest before deciding where the item is?

31 minutes ago, _SpaceHamster_ said:

Bug report (?)

I'm supposed to get it in Dustmain Cairn, but I can't because the entrance is blocked off and I have to do the quest "Proving Honor" to access the whole dungeon.

I can cheat my way in, but I tried reloading prev save in hopes that she will give me another location, but she keeps giving me Dustman Cairn.

So a suggestion, maybe make a check whether or not a player has completed a certain quest before deciding where the item is?

What if you don't want to do the Companions Quest line at all? Quest locations should be excluded.

14 hours ago, MetZwerg said:

hmm    i gave a harsh comment to harrald the son of the jarl in rifton....

and he told me that he locks a collar and gag on me...

but apart from having sex with my character nothing happened....

i think the text is from your mod, because i never encountered that lines before installing your mod.....

Nope, that's almost certainly from Devious Cidhna (one of the starts for the Fair Game quest).  And since that's a rather free-form quest, there's no journal entry pointing you at an objective.

I have yet to download it, but it is going straight in my list for my next playthrough. I LOVE the idea that you can get rid of your bindings by other means than with the usual key. I love the Devious devices, but I find them too restrictive in the idea that they prevent you from playing completely. They feel like a cage you put on the game content until you manage to open said cage again.

With this concept you might be able to weave in the cage as being part of the game, being less afraid of the restraints, because they won't stop your adventure, they will become a temporary condition that can be dealt with without spending all you own once you go back in town.

I have no idea how much you plan on putting in the game, but I would find it interesting if you also added ways to make friends with people in this mod. Ways to improve the way they think about you to make it easier to have them unlock these restraints. And in exchange, it would instead CONSUME part of your relation with them when you ask them to free you. For example, they could want to see you make a safe delivery for them, within the same town, while wearing a devious plug. They will unplug you once you come back, and you'll have improved your relation with them. That way, next time you get stuck in a restraint, you can ask them to free you, lowering their friendliness. Basically, you could allow them to put you in restraints while it's safe, so that later on, they'll free you when it's not. This might also tie nicely with a mod that allow you to make friends with NPCs.

I'm not sure how to make friends with a blacksmith. I mean, I did the blacksmith tutorial with Adrienne...but that changed nothing. The only way I can think of is to use Eager NPCs to have sex with them. Is there another way?

I also met Laekette at her watchtower but she doesn't have a quest for me? Should she?

31 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

I'm not sure how to make friends with a blacksmith. I mean, I did the blacksmith tutorial with Adrienne...but that changed nothing.

I had only Adrianne working as in continuation to the dialog i had with no other blacksmith, but i also did the sword delivery quest. However she couldn't remove the 2 plugs i had from chain harness. I tried also Solitude blacksmith but he didn't have quests i could do, and couldn't help with restraints.

Adrianne's sword quest was all that I needed to befriend her.   Since not all smiths have friendship quests, I assume that the author wanted to limit the ability to pay your way out of restraints -- so it's not enough to reach the nearest city, one must get to one with a friendly smith.  At least Whiterun is easy to unlock and is fairly central.  This could be motivation to do that fire salts quest that I always ignore, for the smith in Riften.  

13 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

This mod looks interesting. 

The loot you find does it equip it to your character automatically like other devious mod or does the player have a choice as to put them on? 

Or is it based on arousal? 

You'll find one of the bolded items: Ceremonial Urn, East Empire Company Crate, etc. You can sell it or open it at your own discretion. When you do decide to open it, you might be bound.

9 hours ago, _SpaceHamster_ said:

Bug report (?)

You can simply go back to the quest giver to abandon the quest.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:49 PM, MetZwerg said:

hmm    i gave a harsh comment to harrald the son of the jarl in rifton....

and he told me that he locks a collar and gag on me...

but apart from having sex with my character nothing happened....

i think the text is from your mod, because i never encountered that lines before installing your mod.....

question:

the loot i can adjust to find in the mcm  are those devices equipped on me like in Deviousley cursed loot, or are they just items i find ?

That sounds familar...
Do you use Deviously Cursed Loot by any chance? That sounds like a Misogyny response.  And if so, I can see how DCL would conflict with this mod, given that they affect many of the same things.  

1 hour ago, Adviser69 said:

That sounds familar...
Do you use Deviously Cursed Loot by any chance? That sounds like a Misogyny response.  And if so, I can see how DCL would conflict with this mod, given that they affect many of the same things.  

This mod was designed to not conflict with Cursed Loot. You are bound in a very different way compared to cursed loot: opening an item in your inventory at your discretion, or a random chance for each container you open.

It looks like only one retrieval quest can be active at a time.  If I've accepted one and it's active, I won't get the innkeeper dialog for another strange woman.  I was hoping to accept a few and go to whichever location seemed convenient at the time (I might not start right away).  It looks as if each is a separate quest so it seems like it might be possible.  Is it practical to lift that restriction? 

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

It looks like only one retrieval quest can be active at a time.  If I've accepted one and it's active, I won't get the innkeeper dialog for another strange woman.  I was hoping to accept a few and go to whichever location seemed convenient at the time (I might not start right away).  It looks as if each is a separate quest so it seems like it might be possible.  Is it practical to lift that restriction? 

The retrieval quests are intended to be a sort of light bondage adventure. You go to a dungeon, clear it out, struggle back to the inn in chains to be unlocked, and then continue with your normal adventure.

If you have multiple active, you would likely go back to the inn to get unbound each time, before you go on for the next dungeon. So there wouldn't be much point in having multiple quests active.

Also, I wanted there to be some pauses inbetween quests, so that you can have some fun with the items you find.

This mod is amazing, I'd love to have more lore realted stuff in my Skyrim, maybe more dialogue and some books perhaps would be great.

From what i noticed the lighing in some of your interiors seems to be off, using the enhanced Light effecs thingy mod and everything was very bright. Also when I went to the Stable the first time the ponys were invisible first and only showed up with some console usage, not sure if that was me or your mod though.

4 hours ago, Suzi95 said:

Also when I went to the Stable the first time the ponys were invisible first and only showed up with some console usage, not sure if that was me or your mod though.

Yeah i could hear them moaning but couldn't see. My fix was quicksave and quickload.

Why is the "Max Self-Bondage Arousal" value set to higher than 100?  I didn't think your arousal could go higher than 100...

Also, could you consider giving a weight slider for the base drop chance for loot? I assume the "device loot weight" and "gear loot weight" only affect what goodies are stored inside the package you find?

Nice work! 

I was having an (unrelaled as it turns out) issue and so checked the esp for errors in TESVEdit and found the error below - not sure how relevant it is, but thought I better give a heads-up.

Spoiler

[00:00] [REFR:000434EE] (places RoadStraight02 [STAT:0001C435] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of _DL_ExteriorStables01 [CELL:00009A17] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -18,-3))
[00:00]     REFR -> Record marked as deleted but contains: Base

2 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Why is the "Max Self-Bondage Arousal" value set to higher than 100?  I didn't think your arousal could go higher than 100...

It's a curious play with math that is related to linear chance for the self-bondage, no arousal is actually over 100. At min arousal it's 0%, and at max 100%. With min 10 and max 150 it means 100% chance at 71 arousal already, if math in the first page by HexBolt8 matches up. I assume then with min 0 and max 200 you'd have 100% chance at 50 arousal, or if the formula is actually different then you would have only 50% chance at 100 arousal. Then setting min and max 0 would mean 100% chance always.

26 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

With min 10 and max 150 it means 100% chance at 71 arousal already, if math in the first page by HexBolt8 matches up.

Real close, but you transposed two numbers.  It's 71% at 100 arousal, using the default min & max of 10 & 150.  So with the defaults, a 50% self-bondage chance occurs at 70 arousal.  It looks strange at first but it's a nice system; I like it. 

5 hours ago, DarkRose said:

i have a question, how do i get a quest from the stable. i asked in Roriksted inn, but the only answer i get: i cant remember from the townsfolk and inn keeper, back to the stables still no quest there.

Ask the innkeepers in larger towns and cities.

3 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Also, could you consider giving a weight slider for the base drop chance for loot? I assume the "device loot weight" and "gear loot weight" only affect what goodies are stored inside the package you find?

Increasing that slider beyond 100 means that you aren't guaranteed to bind yourself at 100 arousal.