12 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

The chance you find gear instead of devious devices in DL containers after you open them.

this is also related to the DL containers. Means if you or your follower is aroused and open a DL container there is a chance that you not only find devices, but also equip them.

Gear = vanilla items and armor? And how can a follower get bound? I only fond some quest related items like the smuggled package and whenever I open that only the player got bound. Or is there a chance to find just random DDs in a chest?

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Can devious loot only be found in boss chests?

That's the main way to find them. I have added the items to some leveled lists, so you may find some randomly.

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

And what is meant with the "gear" slider next to the devious loot percentage slider?

You can either find devious devices or vanilla items from the loot items. The gear slider determines the weight of finding vanilla items: potions, enchanted items, clothing, staffs, etc. Depending on the item you're looking at.

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

How does that work? I have a follower and player with both 100 arousal and the follower unlocked/cut several devices but nothing happend.

You can ask your follower to look at the loot items you find. The mod will then use their arousal to determine what happens when the item is oppened.

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

You can ask your follower to look at the loot items you find. The mod will then use their arousal to determine what happens when the item is oppened.

They always say "Not right now". Where and when can I do that? I tried it in the cave after finding it and in player homes but it never works.

Edit: I think that happens only when a search-quest is running at the same time.

Sexlab often ignores the DDs that were locked on NPCs by this mod. They stay on the actor but the animation selection is the usuall, ignoring if the actor is wearing an armbinder or petsuit. What is wrong? I noticed this with different mods that start the animations.

And the DD items are often undressed when NPCs enter a bath or go to sleep and in some animations. Are the DDs not locked on them with a key?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kaldwin said:

got a suggestion for you.  When the PC meets one of your venders in town, have them mark your map with their shop location.  I've found a few of the shops in my wanders, but Mirtenne's?  Never would have found it without toggling map markers

They do? Once you give them their item in return for a favor reward, they should mark their shop on the map.

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

They do? Once you give them their item in return for a favor reward, they should mark their shop on the map.

They do not; at least they didn't for me. I ask an innkeeper about suspicious people, they tell me about a vender, I get the shipment, I give it back to them, they leave, and I get no quest marker. I originally thought you just missed Mirtenne when you added her, but I loaded an old save, and didn't get quest markers form any of them, after doing there quest.  May be I have some kind of mod conflict, but I'm not sure how just that one thing doesn't work when the rest of the mod works perfectly, and I have no mods that change the map in any way. 

Also, I've asked innkeeper about suspicious people about 20 times in each hold, (by reloading auto saves) and I still have not come across Hjorni or Llathesi.  I keep getting repeat quests for the other 4 venders.  Do they only appear in specific non-hold inns?

6 hours ago, MystOfDawn said:

I uploaded the conversion (latest version 2.03) on page 18 of this topic.

But don't use the patches there, the LE patches also work on SE without changes.

not sure i follow. i see the posted files on page 18. i also read the comments following the posted files that the ropes were not working properly in this version. has that version been updated then with the proper rope fixes ?

i see also the main file is named "2.03" but the patches are marked as "2.0" only. and you mention not to use those patches. where would the patches be then  that go with 2.03 SE version, if you say not to use the ones on page 18 ?

14 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

not sure i follow. i see the posted files on page 18. i also read the comments following the posted files that the ropes were not working properly in this version. has that version been updated then with the proper rope fixes ?

i see also the main file is named "2.03" but the patches are marked as "2.0" only. and you mention not to use those patches. where would the patches be then  that go with 2.03 SE version, if you say not to use the ones on page 18 ?

The main file (v2.03) was properly converted, the ropes issue was caused by the patches.

When I did the SE version I also converted the patches. At the time I had forgotten that the patches didn't need conversion :confounded:

So just download the LE patches from the main page of the mod, the v2.0 are the newest and work fine for Devious Lore 2.03

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thane in couple of towns, and I feel like when I ask guards to help with restraints it's just a free "get out of jail card".

How about making these chanses configurable? It does makes sense to me, because why would all guards know me. I do some things in that town, jarl says "you're thane now" > im like "okay, see ya!" and barely visit that town.

Also there's a bug about that. When I ask guard to unlock me when I'm a thane in that town and (alltho VERY rarely) guard denies me - I can ask again right away with no cooldowns.

I do want more ways to unlock restraints, but not that easy ones. Same with those people who I help in finding theirs thingies. If I do them a "favor" they free me at any time, and infinite times for free? is that correct?

And what about the "ally" function? There you can ask virtualy anybody to help and they do that no problem. Yes it does make sense for friend to help. But what DOESN'T make sense is that you just picked up one crop and that NPC just became almost infinite source of "unlock me" button. And then they become devious, but PC can just find another one, since it's just TOO easy to make "friends" in this game.

I was suggesting previously to add a button that just disables nearest NPC from that function, im still whould be happy with that. But it'll be a pain to disable all those nonsensical skyrim's "I looked at you with intend to help so you're my FRIEND now" type of bs. ?

30 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

I'm thane in couple of towns, and I feel like when I ask guards to help with restraints it's just a free "get out of jail card".

real thane wouldn't be locked in restraints.  You're obviously an impostor.  Off to prison with you for the very serious crime of impersonating a thane!  :wink: 

2 hours ago, Yukitemi said:

Also there's a bug about that. When I ask guard to unlock me when I'm a thane in that town and (alltho VERY rarely) guard denies me - I can ask again right away with no cooldowns.

More specific is that, no cooldown happens when I ask while being gagged. Naah, that wasn't it

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

real thane wouldn't be locked in restraints.  You're obviously an impostor.  Off to prison with you for the very serious crime of impersonating a thane!  :wink: 

Hm, im not telling in the dialogue that im thane when I ask. That actually whould be interesting dialog branch with chances for harsher outcomes? Like you can just ask to unlock restraints and when denied walk away or demand sayn' "buuut im thaaane" ?

Bug report:

I believe that any character wearing a collar cannot be equipped with any rope restraints due to opening an Old Grimoire. This is due to an error in the DL_DevicesScript file with the CanEquipActor() function; the rope outfit elseif is missing a "return true" clause after checking if the victim is wearing arm or leg cuffs, short-circuiting the outer elseif. See below:

Spoiler

elseif(Index == 5) ;Rope Outfit
        if(Severity >= 0 && !Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousCollar)) ;Collar
            return true
        elseif(Severity >= 1 && (!Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousArmCuffs) || !Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousLegCuffs))) ;Cuffs
        elseif(Severity >= 3 && !Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousHarness)) ;Harness
            return true
        elseif(Severity >= 5 && !Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousBelt)) ;Chaste
            return true
        elseif(Severity >= 6 && !Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousBlindfold)) ;Blindfold
            return true
        elseif(Severity >= 7 && !Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousGag)) ;Gag
            return true
        elseif(Severity >= 8 && !Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousHeavyBondage)) ;Armbinder
            return true
        elseif(Severity >= 10 && !Victim.WornHasKeyword(ddiLibs.zad_DeviousSuit)) ;Suit
            return true
        endIf
    endIf
    return false

On 9/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, HexBolt8 said:
On 9/4/2020 at 1:14 PM, Yukitemi said:

LOL this made me laugh :)

19 hours ago, rawrrawr300 said:

Bug report:

you should maybe also send this directly to the author and maybe they can fix it ?

On 9/6/2020 at 10:57 PM, rawrrawr300 said:

I believe that any character wearing a collar cannot be equipped with any rope restraints due to opening an Old Grimoire.

This is a bug in the code, but you will still be equipped with rope restraints if the severity is 5 or higher.

On 9/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, Code Serpent said:

This is a bug in the code, but you will still be equipped with rope restraints if the severity is 5 or higher.

I just quickly tested it again, and as far as I can tell it refuses to equip anything at all, regardless of severity. I set my character's arousal to 100, which should force severity to 9 or 10, unequipped all items except for a collar, and set Devious Lore settings to ensure I would get a trigger that should also bind me (self-bondage arousal min/max set to 0/0). I ended up with an inventory full of unequipped white rope items. I didn't test it exhaustively, though.

On another note, I'd like to echo something that others have mentioned before: it would be helpful to have an MCM option to delevel stamina in the struggle minigame. By this I mean, it would be useful to have a tickbox that switches the game from getting easier as you increase your stamina, to something that keeps the difficulty of the game static (in an average sense) as you level. An idea to do this is to create an expectation of a player's stamina at any given level, perhaps sans gear; e.g. E[Stamina] = 100 + 10*(level-1)/3. Then the stamina drain could be calculated such that it would drain a proportion of the expected stamina, increasing as level increases; e.g. for the lockpicking variant, Drain = E[Stamina]/100. That way, whether or not you invest into stamina is still important, but doesn't completely destabilize the balance of the game.

Thanks for the mod, by the way. Having alternative ways to get out of devices is most welcome.

Edit: Also, it would be nice if the minigame would detect the right movement keys. I use ESDF for movement, but have to switch to WASD for struggling.

Follow the Guard (Solitude), fails, always.  Not entirely sure where the guard is leading you, but he always goes out the west exit (main entrance), west along the road until the northbound T intersection appears, one of a few things have happened.

1. At night, vampires attacked me, he ran off northwest like a crybaby to be mauled by a bear.

2. During the day, we got close to the same T intersection, he ran and stabbed a prisoner from the opposing faction being lead away, then "noticed" the camp full of them to the south, ran there and got murdered.

3.  During a morning, a group of the opposing faction was coming south to the T just as we were approaching it, he died horribly.  Two hit him with war hammers and someone else took his spine out.

Where is he going?  He never makes it!  The quest usually times out and fails, any chance to check his death status and fail it when he dies?

GuruSR.

15 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Guards will bring you to the nearest guard barrack to remove DDs. This means they will go to the nearest City if you aren't in one already.

If you ask a Guard far outside in the wilds or in towns they will try to move all the way back to a city with a barrack and jail.

Best approach outside of cities is to start a dialogue again with the guard and choose "I can't walk all the way there" => this will teleport you right away to the guard related barrack.

If you have city overhauls that change nav meshes a lot or put clutter in paths you can choose the same dialogue option (can't walk there) to get teleported to the barrack right away.

The teleport option also prevents the poor guard from getting killed all the time xD

Every time I ask, it was inside Solitude, so from that, he should have gone up the ramps to the barracks, if that is the case, then he's heading for Dragon's Bridge to the outpost?  He never gets there though, he always dies horribly in a variety of ways, usually "sees" (psychically) the camp to the south, runs and they murder him.  I don't have any city overhauls, don't even have shop additions, though I do have Milk Economy, that is the only nav mesh change there, but I can't see that interfering with the guy standing outside the barracks, where I found someone willing to help.  I'll try that dialogue next time.

GuruSR.

Serpeant, I happened to play your mod about 3 months ago through a player-ported version of your mod and it was a very nice experience, despite having some bugs probably due to its un-officialness. It would be very much appreciated, not just by me but undoubtedly many other people if you can release your mod for the Special Edition. Hope you consider this, thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Devious Lore is a favorite addition of mine for the struggle minigame. It is so much more interactable than having to wait for an animation to finish before the die is cast invisibly. It makes me appreciate the aspect of getting loose very much so. It's also really fun to read the de-alienation of Devious Devices into the Skyrim Lore.

Once the Stamina bar gets big enough from levelling, and the stamina drainage is low enough, it can sometimes be a bit hard to distinguish if you are struggling in the right direction or not. I am therefore curious if it would be possible to incorporate audio queues into the minigame, to play when struggling is done right?

You could use the squeaky rubber sounds that are included with Devious Devices already, or lockpicking sounds for picking the lock correctly, tearing noises for cutting the right way, or metallic bending. I think it would be a neat idea for clarity and you wouldn't have to incorporate that many sounds of your own. Just to give an idea of whether progress is being made in the minigame or not.

Also, would you consider making a patch for Deviously Cursed Loot as well? The mod author hasn't put a lot of struggle idles into their new devices so I am sure the addition to detail would be appreciated.

Thank you for all the work thus far.