MXR covering LL mods

Tentacus

1 hour ago, Glaurung26 said:

Ya know, I wouldn't mind someone having the chops to seriously review and present adult content on a regular basis. Part of it is the social stigma against discussing sex outside of anonymous internet posts and somewhat openly with a close partner. I'm sure they're out there but seem to lack the exposure *cough* to reach most people. Instead all we seem to get for news or discussion on sexy stuff is: "Teehee heehee bewbz!" I mean, why can't we sit down for a minute like adults, with our hands out of our pants, and talk about penises? What are your thoughts on the state of 3d modeling software for adult modding? What aspects of nudity and sexuality are underrepresented in the gaming/modding environment? Are npc relationships cheating? Is the lack of visibility of adult content hurting or helping it's image in the public eye?

I don't recall MxR asking or answering anything like this in his videos. If I'm incorrect let me know, maybe it would improve my opinion on him.

There was such an individual in the person of Shinji72 but he seems to have retired from doing mod reviews on Youtube so the vacancy exists once again.

Youtube might not be the right venue for any such video series, anyway. Some other site dedicated to video games without strict content guidelines would be a better fit.

It is a mystery why the folks over at Lewd Gamer haven't taken on that task. Even One Angry Gamer or Sankaku Complex could have done as much by now. BitChute could be worth considering somewhere down the line for such a thing.

While LoversLab could feature mod reviews, discussions and critiques, it wouldn't do much for anyone too squeamish to come to LoversLab to convince them to rethink their position on adult content in games. 

8 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

While LoversLab could feature mod reviews, discussions and critiques, it wouldn't do much for anyone too squeamish to come to LoversLab to convince them to rethink their position on adult content in games. 

Exactly. Of all the things the world needs to take seriously, new ways to see people naked is deservedly low on the list. And yet, adult mods are typically the first out.

There isn't anything immature about laughing at that. It's legit irony. Humans being humans and that is ok. We laugh WITH them. Not AT them. ;)

I've had Crymtastic cover some of my mods. I exclusively post them here. All he says is "disclaimer about so and so's mods, it is hosted on a mature site, makse sure you kow that before checking it out" and proceeds with the review.

52 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Lewd Gamer haven't taken on that task. Even One Angry Gamer or Sankaku Comple

Pretty simple answer actually, time/money.

There's a distinct curve, and if you don't meet that curve, you're fucking yourself.

I'd not entrust the safety of an adult sex mod site on a blank sheet, a jump 'n' run member with a still juvenile mindset as reviewer of not even as age-

restricted declared adult mods for a mixed audience on YouTube. That alone, folks, is foolish and hardly advantageous. Neither for the boy nor for us.

Out there our set of rules doesn't apply anymore. You got to obey restrictive mainstream rules. Murphy's Law, remember? My last word on this matter.

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Half-assed mods are LL's bread'n butter.

Until this point I've thought that you've brought some worthwhile perspective to this trivial and personally unexciting topic. So I suppose you feel it is now time to lob grenades? I find your comment both unnecessary and offensive. It violates the rules of civil discourse (i.e., name calling) and the rules of this site. To wit:

1. The biggest and most important thing of this community is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods.  Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

2. Don't be a jerk. Seriously, does this really need to be said?

Archived