MXR covering LL mods

Tentacus

Welp, it had to happen. MXR has started covering LL mods. Honestly I am a little worried this might draw the wrong kind of attention. He lacks the subtlety of Shinji72, and his first video has a number of inaccuracies that I feel paint this site in the wrong light. I'm generally a fan but yeah. What do you guys think?

I dunno about you but I'm probably gonna release my first mod on here soon, and I think I will add a polite request on the mod page asking Youtubers not to cover my mod without asking.

Yeah i saw his latest video, had to laugh when he's like "I've never really been to LL before"...lol yeah right.

TBH its probably not a big deal, I mean with the current climate, if the perpetually offended mob found out about this site it might cause a problem but I feel like most of his viewer base knew about LL anyway, look at the comments, everyone's recommending mods to try lol. 

"OMG, LL exists!" -> used to be clickbait a few years ago

"there's weird, pervy content here - don't watch!" -> only showing it for... science?

"Let me make fun of how things aren't working because I don't read descriptions." -> exactly what we need more of

"never really been to LL before" -> uh-huh

It's like 2012 all over. Dem were the days. ?

"Think of The Nexus as the Internet and then think of LoversLab as the Dark Web."

The blame game has already begun...

Don't tell me that the download section is still open for shady non-members that worship a fuckin' agenda that contradicts everything we on LL are standing for :classic_wacko:

5 minutes ago, BruceWayne said:

Probably no one that has used any Bethesda mods in the last five years has not heard of LL. We have >2 million members.

In the end, I don't think that MxR's audience is of the perpetually offended kind, nor are they unfamiliar with LL. 

Yeah I suppose so, but I tend to expect the worst and am rarely disappointed lately :) This site has long felt like a home to me and I do worry about it occasionally.

im not surprised hes a dirt bag after all

also its probably going to piss off Bethesda

but most importantly Zenimax , do you really think they

want to be associated with LL? Fuck no

He's has been here before as he use to use different terms for the site. He probably stated it so that he doesn't look bad because he has come here and downloaded stuff.

There are tons of people that know of the site and it'll keep growing and since the nexus no longer has the site on their black list and people can say loverslab - LL or even link to us over there now without being in trouble the people that know about the site will continue to grow.

32 minutes ago, Chubby McButtcheeks said:

im not surprised hes a dirt bag after all

also its probably going to piss off Bethesda

but most importantly Zenimax , do you really think they

want to be associated with LL? Fuck no

MXR is already on Bethesda's shit list. He isn't given preview/review copies of their games, unlike many many other YouTubers with a tiny fraction of his subscribers.

LL is probably both loved and hated by Beth. They love that it drives sales. They don't love the connection for publicity (but secretly do). Kind of like Hitachi and their "personal massager." Legally they can't do anything about LL though - if they put copyright claims on individual mods, LL would take them down. And honestly, if they tried to take down every single mod, they wouldn't succeed with all their lawsuits. SexLab, the SexLab animations, and custom bodies and outfits would probably be safe. Followers would probably be safe if they used custom voices, bodies, and outfits. Interestingly, the easiest for Bethesda to take down via lawsuit would be the easiest mods to make - home mods and quest mods using only the built-in assets from the default .bsas.

Regarding mods, see Micro Star v. FormGen Inc. 154 F.3d 1107 (9th Cir. 1998) and Bethesda's own license agreement on modding.

Regarding LL, see Viacom International, Inc. v. YouTube, Inc., No. 07 Civ. 2103 and the DMCA in general.

Edit: This is not legal advice ?

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

me this type does not matter, I do not understand anyway what he tells.
He has no influence on me and I know where I belong. :classic_wink:

For me neither, and I understand his anti-LL polemics and the reasons behind.

He's a hypocrite that makes a living from clicks. And as you know, sex sells best.

That's the reason for playing a double game. Somebody gets betrayed tho, always.

I think it's overhaul a good thing for LL as new people notice the website. I think a lot of casual skyrim players are watching his videos of which not everyone knows about LoversLab.

As long as their is nothing illegal here (looking at you rule 14 enforcement) their is probably nothing they can do about this site, SexLab and co.

Also if they'd try every news site would report about it and Bethesda would get all the "bad" publicity they were trying to avoid by taking down mods in the first place. 

15 minutes ago, Jazzman said:

For me neither, and I understand his anti-LL polemics and the reasons behind.

He's a hypocrite that makes a living from clicks. And as you know, sex sells best.

That's the reason for playing a double game. Somebody gets betrayed, always...

I don't understand also what He sings, only one thing *it's so funny* ?

Spoiler

Playing coy, ignorant, and innocent in that video... Pure bullshit...

Should make a shitty Mod with an airheaded asian looking blonde bimbo follower named MXR who's whole story arc is about learning how to fuck goats and she keeps asking: 

Oh My!! Now what hole do the dicks go in???

Clickbait much

MxR has LL mods from his first year of reviewing, his preset is of a preset released here.

As usual, histrionic screeching and much ado about nothing.

7 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Welp, it had to happen. MXR has started covering LL mods. Honestly I am a little worried this might draw the wrong kind of attention. He lacks the subtlety of Shinji72, and his first video has a number of inaccuracies that I feel paint this site in the wrong light. I'm generally a fan but yeah. What do you guys think?

I dunno about you but I'm probably gonna release my first mod on here soon, and I think I will add a polite request on the mod page asking Youtubers not to cover my mod without asking. 

You don't get to decide what venues your mod is put in light of. You release it to the public, it's literally fair game for criticism. Once the cake is baked and put on the shelf you don't get to eat all of it, so your choices are shelf + perusal and use, no shelf and limited distribution and then perusal and whining about who stole what and how you own pictures of your mod and all the other whiney screeching via Ixum and Vector Plexus about imaginary non real ownership of refactored assets wholly belonging to someone else before you ever laid eyes on them, much less committed a single line of code or reference point in 3d space or not putting it on the shelf at all.

Even if your mod is 100% original assets and content, which is  literally impossible because you're factoring for a released commercial venue and platform, once it's in the public space your "rights" are of authorship and ownership and nothing else. You don't get to decide what someone else's opinion of your content is or how that opinion is expressed even if it's exclusive to a distribution venue you maintain yourself.

Archived