Good afternoon.  I have started a new playthrough after taking a year off.  :)

So, I'm playing a dom female character and set Violate to "Override Male Enemy Gender".  

In Concord I have one guy surrender to me.  I peg the shit out of him.  Perfect!  Strapon was equipped and everything.  Awesome!

HOWEVER, when done, Sex Attributes tells me that I've lost my anal virginity and I have anal wear.  Curiously, I don't think it affected me phytologically.  

Thoughts?

UPDATE: The diary says that I raped one person and gave up my mouth, pussy, and ass... even though it was "just" anal against him.  His diary says that he was raped but that he put it in my mouth, pussy, and ass.  It's right on the rape but wrong on who gave it to who... and my wear.

Edited by wdaigle
40 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

The diary says that I raped one person and gave up my mouth, pussy, and ass... even though it was "just" anal against him. 

What mod is that? I remember using it and stopped after I seen how out of whack it was.

1 hour ago, wdaigle said:

UPDATE: The diary says that I raped one person and gave up my mouth, pussy, and ass... even though it was "just" anal against him.  His diary says that he was raped but that he put it in my mouth, pussy, and ass.  It's right on the rape but wrong on who gave it to who... and my wear.

Sounds like the diary mod is reading the tags and meta keywords in the animation and making incorrect assumptions about who was the "giver" and who was the "receiver".  If you can post which diary mod it is I can take a look at the mod's scripts, and either adjust Violate's tags and/or metas or suggest a change to the diary mod.

Edited by EgoBallistic
5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Sounds like the diary mod is reading the tags and meta keywords in the animation and making incorrect assumptions about who was the "giver" and who was the "receiver".  If you can post which diary mod it is I can take a look at the mod's scripts, and either adjust Violate's tags and/or metas or suggest a change to the diary mod.

Well, this was giving me the wear and tear...

The diary is coming from...

I am getting a lot of aborted animations.  I think I have all human animations that are available but I must be missing something.  For 3-some, 4-some, 5-some which animations would be called?  Also, for those animations, does it matter how many of the assailants are female?

20210530194102_1.jpg

Edited by wdaigle
53 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

Well, this was giving me the wear and tear...

Does sex attributes itself contain a male part?

Anyway, every time I use a male character, if the Aggressive animation is triggered, the icon of the medicine box lights up in the lower right corner of the screen, and pipboy tells me that my vagina is damaged.:joy:

2 hours ago, wdaigle said:

I am getting a lot of aborted animations.  I think I have all human animations that are available but I must be missing something.  For 3-some, 4-some, 5-some which animations would be called?  Also, for those animations, does it matter how many of the assailants are female?

20210530194102_1.jpg

Update: I was missing Crazy animations, but it still didn't work.  Does Violate have no limit on gangbang participants, regardless of animations?  Even a low percentage could still pull in too many by chance.  Do I have to disable gangbangs? 

56 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

Update: I was missing Crazy animations, but it still didn't work.  Does Violate have no limit on gangbang participants, regardless of animations?  Even a low percentage could still pull in too many by chance.  Do I have to disable gangbangs? 

Most likely the issue is that you have females allowed in gangbangs, without any supporting animations.  Most (all?) of the baseline animation packs have no option for aggressive multi-partner sex with female tops/givers/pitchers.  You would either need a patch which allows females to sub in for the male in gangbang animations, or simply turn Violate's MCM females in gangbangs option to off.

14 hours ago, wdaigle said:

UPDATE: The diary says that I raped one person and gave up my mouth, pussy, and ass... even though it was "just" anal against him. 

7 hours ago, wdaigle said:

The diary is coming from...

.. because I've stated it in the mod main page: it will NOT work correctly out of "classic" sex. It assumes that female is a victim and male is an aggressor. And if that's not what happened - then there will be issues. It will also not work properly for all the cases of F-F and M-M for same reasons (but for that it's not only just aggressors, it's active/passive too).

Until there is a stable way of determining who is the aggressor and who is the victim - the diary will have to make assumptions and some scenes are bound to yield wrong results. If you know the way to get that information from meta - shoot. I will change the way it works.

Edited by Operand
9 hours ago, wdaigle said:

For 3-some, 4-some, 5-some which animations would be called?  Also, for those animations, does it matter how many of the assailants are female?

For humans, SavageCabbage's pack is the only one with animations involving three or more males with one female.  For feral ghouls, you need Vadermania and you need to install Violate's optional feral animations in the installer.

If any or the assailants are female, the animation will fail if you don't have an XML patch that allows female aggressors in 3-or-more-on-1 animations.  So you have to disable Allow Female Aggressors in Gangbangs if you don't have such a patch.

3 hours ago, Operand said:

Until there is a stable way of determining who is the aggressor and who is the victim - the diary will have to make assumptions and some scenes are bound to yield wrong results. If you know the way to get that information from meta - shoot. I will change the way it works.

You're in luck!  Violate already uses the meta for exactly this purpose.

A while back, several of us settled on a standard of sorts for indicating consent in meta strings.  The convention is to use a comma-separated string, with the mod's name first, then the consent, then anything else.  Violate uses these:

"AAF_Violate,PlayerRaped" if the player was the victim

"AAF_Violate,PlayerRapist" if the player was the aggressor

"AAF_Violate" in all other sex animations, including when the player became submissive due to the perversion setting or via FPA

AAF Sex 'Em Up, MCG, and Raider Pet also use the PlayerRaped and PlayerRapist in their meta strings, and FPA and TatsAfterRape react to them.

To check for these, use the StringSplit function from the LLFP library (included with AAF) to separate the comma-delimited string into an array, then the array.find() function to search for each string.  Something like this:

Event AAF:AAF_API.OnSceneInit(AAF:AAF_API akSender, Var[] akArgs)	
	Int iResult =  akArgs[0] as Int
	If iResult == 0 
		String[] meta = LL_FourPlay.StringSplit(theString = akArgs[5] as String, delimiter = ",")
		bool hasPlayerRapedMeta = (meta.Find("PlayerRaped") > -1)
		bool hasPlayerRapistMeta = (meta.Find("PlayerRapist") > -1)
		; ...
	Else
		Debug.Trace("OnSceneInit: animation failed to start, result [" + iResult + "]")
	EndIf
EndEvent

Edited by EgoBallistic
corrected string.find to array.find
1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

"AAF_Violate,PlayerRaped" if the player was the victim

"AAF_Violate,PlayerRapist" if the player was the aggressor

"AAF_Violate" in all other sex animations, including when the player became submissive due to the perversion setting or via FPA

Alright, looks like that is handy to get the consent. Do I understand correctly that it will work the same way regardless of how many actors there were in the scene?

Also, of course, it will only work on the mods that follow that convention, i.e. scenes outside AAF Violate and mentioned mods  will still fail to be determined correctly.

EDIT: I also already rely on the meta in this way:

; was PC raped by somebody?
bool function wasForcedToPC(String[] metaData, string callerId = "Default")
	return metaData.Find("PlayerRaped") >= 0
EndFunction

;was PC raping somebody?
bool function wasForcedByPC(String[] metaData, string callerId = "Default")
	return metaData.Find("PlayerRapist") >= 0
EndFunction

Though the full resolution is a tad more complicated:

bool Function isEventNonConsensual(String[] eventTags, String[] metaData, string callerId = "Default")
	bool hasNonConsensualTag = false
	int index                = 0
	while index < tagsR.length
		if (tagsR[index] != "") && (eventTags.Find(tagsR[index]) >= 0)
			hasNonConsensualTag = true
		endif
		index += 1
	endwhile
	hasNonConsensualTag      = hasNonConsensualTag && (AES_GLOB_EnableAggressiveAsNonConsensual.GetValueInt() as bool)
	bool hasPCWasForcedMeta  = wasForcedToPC(metaData, callerId)
	bool hasConsensualMeta   = (metaData.Find("Consensual") >= 0)
	bool hasPCWasForcingMeta = wasForcedByPC(metaData, callerId)
	bool isNonConsensual     = (hasPCWasForcedMeta || hasNonConsensualTag || hasPCWasForcingMeta) && !hasConsensualMeta
	DebugTrace("--- Event consent: " + "hasNonConsensualTag: " + hasNonConsensualTag + "; hasPCWasForcedMeta: " + hasPCWasForcedMeta + "; hasConsensualMeta: " + hasConsensualMeta + "; hasPCWasForcingMeta: " + hasPCWasForcingMeta + "; isNonConsensual: " + isNonConsensual, thisScriptName, "isEventNonConsensual", callerId, GetDebugInfoLevel())

return isNonConsensual
EndFunction

this is because it tries to account for aggressive tags, it's specifically done for cases when there's no aggressive meta pointers. It also strictly overrides this logic if it determined the presence of a consensual tags (i.e. consensual has higher explicit priority that aggressive)

Edited by Operand
33 minutes ago, Operand said:

Alright, looks like that is handy to get the consent. Do I understand correctly that it will work the same way regardless of how many actors there were in the scene?

Yes, number of actors doesn't matter

Also, of course, it will only work on the mods that follow that convention, i.e. scenes outside AAF Violate and mentioned mods  will still fail to be determined correctly.

The best you can do in that case is rely on the tags.  Note that in most cases the first actor passed to AAF is the "receiver".  So it might make sense to infer that the player is not the victim in an animation with an "aggressive" type tag where the player is not actors[0].

Though the full resolution is a tad more complicated:

You would need to modify this function and its caller so that you handle the event differently if hasPCWasForcingMeta == true.  E.g. return 0 if consensual, 1 if player was forced, 2 if player was forcing.

It also strictly overrides this logic if it determined the presence of a consensual tags (i.e. consensual has higher explicit priority that aggressive)

Yeah, Violate doesn't use the "Consensual" meta at all, but a number of other mods do.  Always better to rely on the mod author's declared intent than to infer it from tags.

Edited by EgoBallistic
28 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

You would need to modify this function and its caller so that you handle the event differently if hasPCWasForcingMeta == true.  E.g. return 0 if consensual, 1 if player was forced, 2 if player was forcing.

That's already done. The full context is:

1. See if the event was consensual. If it was - handle it that way

2. If it wasn't, then see if PC was forced to the act or it's the PC who was an aggressor (using the same functions from above)

2.1. If PC was aggressive, handle it respectively..

2.2. If PC was a victim - handle that as well..

So it looks like AAF History already accounts for everything that is can account for. Then it's either a bug in the mod or some problem when the data was passed back to it.

@wdaigle In any case more info would be necessary as for what happened. AAF History has a very extensive log which would probably help here.

Edited by Operand
6 hours ago, Operand said:

@wdaigle In any case more info would be necessary as for what happened. AAF History has a very extensive log which would probably help here.

I don't think it was recording the log at the time.  If so, let me know where.  I have turned on logging but not finding it. 

As for the allow females in gangbangs, yeah, that seemed to fix it, but it's still could use some work.

So, this involves all of Corvega.  There's about ten men and women gathered around.

With Gangbang ON, Allow Females turned OFF, and Chance to Join 100 I got... a strapon scene, a single guy, a stapon scene, a single guy (consensual now because of perversion), and a strange female-female footsy animation... then home. 

So, it looks like, maybe, if the next in line is a female, it stops looking for a gangbang partner, even though there are several men waiting their turn.  No cuts? :) 

With Allow Females turned ON, I got the following (debug on).  So, yeah, I guess AAF doesn't let a woman with a strap-on sub in for a male without a particular animation just for that.

20210531125439_1.jpg

Update: Just set aggressor to Male only and got a 4 on 1.  Wow.  I guess I'll go with that setting and maybe drop the percentage down from 100% for some variety.  Thanks.

Edited by wdaigle
26 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

So, yeah, I guess AAF doesn't let a woman with a strap-on sub in for a male without a particular animation just for that.

Here's a tip. depending on how ambitious your are, you can start reading the xml files and get a handle on what they do and how they work together. It's pretty simple really. Then.. you can make your own xml's with a mashup of animations, or a special mix of F&M actors.

It will also make fixing issues a LOT easier!

I don't think it was recording the log at the time.  If so, let me know where.  I have turned on logging but not finding it. 

In order to say anything, I need the Papyrys log, specifically the slice of the log that you have right after the scene when you think AAF History miscalculated the encounter.

So, it looks like, maybe, if the next in line is a female, it stops looking for a gangbang partner, even though there are several men waiting their turn.

That's how it works.  If the first aggressor is female, and Allow Females in Gangbangs is OFF, it will stop looking for additional aggressors.

With Allow Females turned ON, I got the following (debug on).  So, yeah, I guess AAF doesn't let a woman with a strap-on sub in for a male without a particular animation just for that.

Yup, like I said above:

10 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

If any or the assailants are female, the animation will fail if you don't have an XML patch that allows female aggressors in 3-or-more-on-1 animations.  So you have to disable Allow Female Aggressors in Gangbangs if you don't have such a patch.

Here is the XML I made for my own use.  It doesn't overwrite anything, but it adds "ungendered" versions of SavageCabbage's supermutant and human group animations.  It uses the sounds from Custom Moans so you will need to install that.  If you don't want Custom Moans to overwrite the XML from Leito and/or Atomic Lust, just leave all those options unchecked in the Custom Moans installer.  Then it will only install the sounds and the base XML required for animation packs to use them.

SC Ungendered.7z

On 5/31/2021 at 3:25 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Here is the XML I made for my own use.  It doesn't overwrite anything, but it adds "ungendered" versions of SavageCabbage's supermutant and human group animations.  It uses the sounds from Custom Moans so you will need to install that.  If you don't want Custom Moans to overwrite the XML from Leito and/or Atomic Lust, just leave all those options unchecked in the Custom Moans installer.  Then it will only install the sounds and the base XML required for animation packs to use them.

SC Ungendered.7z 9.87 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you for sharing that.  It worked PEFFECTLY.  At 100% join chance, it gave me a mixed 4 on 1, mixed 4 on 1, and mixed 2 on 1 going through all 10.  All women wearing strap-ons as appropriate. Great!

While I have your attention, I was wondering something.  When I played Violate early on, maybe with Four Play or very early AAF, the raiders would continually verbally and audibly taunt the player.  Was that deliberately removed?  I really liked that.

7 hours ago, wdaigle said:

While I have your attention, I was wondering something.  When I played Violate early on, maybe with Four Play or very early AAF, the raiders would continually verbally and audibly taunt the player.  Was that deliberately removed?  I really liked that.

No version of Violate that I am aware of ever used taunts with actual audio.  They have always used subtitles only.  This is still in the mod, you just need to enable subtitles.

On 5/31/2021 at 3:25 PM, EgoBallistic said:

That's how it works.  If the first aggressor is female, and Allow Females in Gangbangs is OFF, it will stop looking for additional aggressors.

Yup, like I said above:

SC Ungendered.7z 9.87 kB · 7 downloads

And once again you prove yourself a hero Ego! Thanks so much for the SC Ungendered xml, it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for.

New Version 1.52 Uploaded

• Added Gun for Hire compatibility.  The player cannot surrender if Squadmate Player Healing is enabled in GFH, and GFH NPCs cannot surrender to the player.
  • Added formlist AFV_BannedGlobalVars. If any global variables in this list are set to a non-zero value, the player cannot surrender.
  • Added formlist AFV_BannedNPCKeywords.  If an enemy NPC has any keyword in this list, they cannot surrender to the player.

Gun for Hire is not required, the compatibility features only activate if GFH is detected in your load order.

The formlists are a handy way to prevent clashes between mods.  The globalvariable formlist allows Violate to prevent player surrender when another mod has an incompatible feature enabled.  Lots of mods use global variables to store MCM settings or various states like "SurrenderActive" and similar.  So, when Violate tries to make the player surrender, it loops through this formlist and aborts the attempt if any of the globals in the list are not zero.  Any mod can inject its own state-variable globals into this formlist via script or with a patch, or I can easily add them in Violate's scripts.  The same is true with the keyword formlist, so other mods can easily prevent NPCs from surrendering to the player by placing a keyword in this list.

36 minutes ago, Canolais said:

AAF Violate V1.44 was working great for me, I upgraded to V.1.50 (didn't backup the old version) and the mod stopped working.
I need to find AAF Violate V1.44.
Where can I download it?

What problem are you having with the new version?