3 hours ago, mishovur said:

Please note, I'm not trying to complain, I'm trying to explain what happening.  I have tried the latest version as well, 1.50, where you have an option to make the mod or AAF itself to handle undressing/redressing, the result was the same with both setting (let Violate handle it, or AAF, it works the same). The first round of animation works properly, on a second one character get redressed in a 'phantom' copies of the gear (let's say the default skin for some item is grey, one crafts it at the proper station to make it black, the gear that will suddenly appear during animation will be grey, also was painted black)

This happens on the second round of animations with the Violate 1.46-1.50 regardless of the settings (in 1.5 I mean).

Everything else is static. The only mod that is being changed is Violate. 

That is definitely an AAF issue.  In a nutshell, AAF keeps track of each actor's equipped armor to speed up unequipping/re-equipping in animations.  There is a bug in recent versions of AAF where if your equipment changes between animations, AAF will get out of synch and try to re-equip the equipment you no longer have. 

This bug can be triggered by playing an AAF animation that undresses and redresses you, then getting violated with robbery enabled.  The robbery takes all your clothes and armor away.  Then when the next animation ends, AAF tries to reapply the old equipment set.  But, you no longer have that equipment in your inventory, so the game gives you generic versions instead.

This bug is fixed in the current development build of AAF but not in the 161 public release.

Violate's code did not change between 1.45/1.46/1.47 in any way that affects undressing/redressing.  So I really am not sure why you would see this bug in one version more than another.  1.50 introduced the built-in stripping, which is really intended to prevent AAF from re-dressing you during or after the violation.  If you turn off the built-in stripping, the code path becomes exactly the same as it was in 1.45/1.46/1.47.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

That is definitely an AAF issue.  In a nutshell, AAF keeps track of each actor's equipped armor to speed up unequipping/re-equipping in animations.  There is a bug in recent versions of AAF where if your equipment changes between animations, AAF will get out of synch and try to re-equip the equipment you no longer have. 

This bug can be triggered by playing an AAF animation that undresses and redresses you, then getting violated with robbery enabled.  The robbery takes all your clothes and armor away.  Then when the next animation ends, AAF tries to reapply the old equipment set.  But, you no longer have that equipment in your inventory, so the game gives you generic versions instead.

This bug is fixed in the current development build of AAF but not in the 161 public release.

Violate's code did not change between 1.45/1.46/1.47 in any way that affects undressing/redressing.  So I really am not sure why you would see this bug in one version more than another.  1.50 introduced the built-in stripping, which is really intended to prevent AAF from re-dressing you during or after the violation.  If you turn off the built-in stripping, the code path becomes exactly the same as it was in 1.45/1.46/1.47.

Don't know what to say, mate :)

I just now, for a test, without changing anything else switched to 1.46, 1.47, 1.50

In all this cases I'm getting the redressing bug after the first animation

I turned 'robbery' option off completely. 

For sure I do have the gear in the inventory. I double checked.

With 1.45 it works flawlessly, no issues whatsoever. I can repeat it any amount of times, no bugs at all.

As soon as I switch to a newer version (starting with 1.46) - voila, after the first round of animation the character is redressed into 'copies' of my gear (but not the actual gear my character was wearing)

It's not a fluke it's a 100% repeatable thing. 

The rest of my setup stays the same, I'm only switching between Violate versions :)))

Again, mate, please don't think I'm complaining, because I'm NOT.

The issue is not bothering me at all, I'm just using 1.45, and again it works flawlessly.

All I'm saying - It's the reason I'm keeping an older version.

And many thanks to you for creating the mod in the first place!

9 hours ago, mishovur said:

As soon as I switch to a newer version (starting with 1.46) - voila, after the first round of animation the character is redressed into 'copies' of my gear (but not the actual gear my character was wearing)

That's really odd.  I tried the same thing - reverted to AAF 161 and Violate 1.45, disabled robberies and restraints, and the correct equipment was always re-equipped.  I then updated to 1.47 and 1.50 and each time it worked as expected.  The only way I can get the AAF redress problem to happen is if I get robbed and cause the equipmentset to go out of synch.

Just to be nitpicky: did you redo your MCM settings after each time you updated the mod?  Violate comes with a default settings file, so your MCM settings get reset each time you update the mod.  And since robbery is enabled by default, that could be a way to reintroduce the problem.

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That's really odd.  I tried the same thing - reverted to AAF 161 and Violate 1.45, disabled robberies and restraints, and the correct equipment was always re-equipped.  I then updated to 1.47 and 1.50 and each time it worked as expected.  The only way I can get the AAF redress problem to happen is if I get robbed and cause the equipmentset to go out of synch.

Just to be nitpicky: did you redo your MCM settings after each time you updated the mod?  Violate comes with a default settings file, so your MCM settings get reset each time you update the mod.  And since robbery is enabled by default, that could be a way to reintroduce the problem.

Yes, of course, later today I can make you screenshots to prove it. And again, probably something really weird going on with my installation. But I have no reason to be pulling your leg, I mean - I'm not making it up :))

6 hours ago, mishovur said:

Ok, so rather then upgrading Violate now I'll wait till new AAF will be released, problem solved :)

Or you could use the undressing feature of the most recent Violate version. If AAF doesn't see any clothing to strip, then it shouldn't try to put any back on you after the animations finish.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:58 PM, maddadicusrex said:

You are not. I am 67, so no spring chicken. I am lucky to have a bunch of pc geek kids on a forum I frequent that bail me out. The redressing is usually an AAF issue. I go into the AAF settings and change the duration of animation and redress to a longer period. Sometimes the problem is with the animations themselves. Often the modder or a given patch will extend the animations well beyond what AAF limits. I always set my animations at 60 sec. no matter what mod might give me that duration option. Have not had the redress issue in a while. But I use AAF 147 because the newer versions cause grief with some of my favorite animations for BP70. I sometimes wait a bit for any updates to see if the bugs work themselves out. Not really sure there is much difference between Violate 1.45 or the newer ones. Only EGO would know for sure. Sorry to lump you into the I want generation. Be well..

Actually,  I'm older at 70.

However, you folks are missing a part of the problem.  This is not a two mod problem,  there are three  mods involved. 

AAF

VIOLATE

And whatever clothing mod you are using.

I haven't seen any reference to the clothes your npc is wear. Are they vanilla  or custom? I assume  you use the same outfit in all your tests since it always duplicates the problem, but have you tried changing to a different  mods clothes  or vanilla  just to see what  happens? 

Just asking?

6 minutes ago, carlj67 said:

Actually,  I'm older at 70.

However, you folks are missing a part of the problem.  This is not a two mod problem,  there are three  mods involved. 

AAF

VIOLATE

And whatever clothing mod you are using.

I haven't seen any reference to the clothes your npc is wear. Are they vanilla  or custom? I assume  you use the same outfit in all your tests since it always duplicates the problem, but have you tried changing to a different  mods clothes  or vanilla  just to see what  happens? 

Just asking?

I don't believe it's related to the  the specific outfit my character wears in any way shape or form. What to strip is managed by 'no strip manage', so you just add any item you don't want to remove during the animation to the list, and that's it.  It doesn't matter if it's a vanilla outfit or a built-in one, besides I don't believe I have a single vanilla outfit in the game anyway, i'm using TWB so pretty much every outfit is a custom one.

The issue is with AAF, and it's being fixed. At least I hope so :)

2 hours ago, smithshah1990 said:

Having CTD issue on trigger of surrender of player. Thank you in advance for help.

A wee bit more info would be helpful.

Like, are you using a funky race, do the animations play manually, using a follower mod & how many followers, who was the attackers, when exactly does it CTD, are restraints applied before or after, is stripping on or off, hotkey surrender or health/cripple.... ya know.. something. :)

I'm having redressing issues too....after interacting with BoS or vault dwellers/settlers they just don't put back on their suits (like the vault 88 suit, under clothing) only their top armour. Some of the settlers (wearing security armour only) are saying they're wearing their vault suits and I can't get them to redress with them even if I pull the suit out of the inventory by dressing them in something else and putting it back. I thought it was AAF as well but thought I'd chime in here and see if it's part of the same problem you're talking about? They have the correct morphs and it's happening with males AND females.

I also have this ONE doctor settler who never wears what I tell him to. He came to me with utility overalls and I gave him a lab coat. Later he's walking around in spike armour the coat not equipped, I fixed it, now he's in full fishing gear. I think there might be some kind of issue with clothing happening.

New version 1.51 uploaded

• Added keyword check to prevent Commonwealth Captives bound actors from trying to surrender with player.
  • Added support for Lupine race.
  • Fixed a potential CTD issue in the stripping routine if the installed version of AAF is older than Beta 121.
12 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

New version 1.51 uploaded

• Added keyword check to prevent Commonwealth Captives bound actors from trying to surrender with player.
  • Added support for Lupine race.
  • Fixed a potential CTD issue in the stripping routine if the installed version of AAF is older than Beta 121.

Thank you! May the force be with you.

I for the life of me can't get any animations to work, i press the hot key, npcs gather in front of me, dialogue plays out and then they just stand there forever, if theres others they stand around clapping. I'm sure everyone's asked this question to death but how do i get this to work lol? I have all the required items for it and it works until they stand there and do nothing.

35 minutes ago, hurgesburges said:

I for the life of me can't get any animations to work, i press the hot key, npcs gather in front of me, dialogue plays out and then they just stand there forever, if theres others they stand around clapping. I'm sure everyone's asked this question to death but how do i get this to work lol? I have all the required items for it and it works until they stand there and do nothing.

Most likely you don't have the requested animations.. ie gangbang, female female...

Turning Off gangbangs and female aggressors should fix it. Maybe.. ;)

27 minutes ago, Alunny said:

Can you please do a warning when settings are changed/removed? All of my settings were changed and I didn't know, and it enabled all these mods I didn't have either by default. A heads up would have been really good so I could have double checked them before playing :).

Violate checks for installed "optional" mods, and will use them if selected in the MCM settings. It can't enable mods you don't have.

Also, if you install a new version of Violate the MCM settings file (AAF_Violate.ini) is overwritten, so yeah you loose your settings.

3 hours ago, hurgesburges said:

Can you play animations using AAF with the Home key?  If you don't have the right animations installed, Violate will pop up a message and end the violation event.  But if AAF is unable to run at all, Violate will hang like you describe.  In that case you can hold down the surrender hotkey for 5+ seconds and the violation will end.

7 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Can you play animations using AAF with the Home key?  If you don't have the right animations installed, Violate will pop up a message and end the violation event.  But if AAF is unable to run at all, Violate will hang like you describe.  In that case you can hold down the surrender hotkey for 5+ seconds and the violation will end.

nope, can't play the animations at all, a message pops up on top of the screen everytime it happens but it disappears too quick for me to really read it. I can usually cancel the process with the hotkey though. Is there an explicit animations pack that works best with the mod? 

I am playing on a pc with an XBOX 1 controller. I have set the "surrender" hot key  to Z and to P trying to get it to work. 

I downloaded a mod which puts a custom mapping in my Data folder.  I have unplugged my controller and tried to use

the "surrender hot key" with no luck.  I have CSA mod and have to eventually use it because you have use "lower weapon"

Is there anyway to use the the controller and keyboard to surrender?  I like Violate better because of the options it has

but I have never been able to use it.  Thanks

3 hours ago, ivanoff said:

I am playing on a pc with an XBOX 1 controller. I have set the "surrender" hot key  to Z and to P trying to get it to work. 

I downloaded a mod which puts a custom mapping in my Data folder.  I have unplugged my controller and tried to use

the "surrender hot key" with no luck.  I have CSA mod and have to eventually use it because you have use "lower weapon"

Is there anyway to use the the controller and keyboard to surrender?  I like Violate better because of the options it has

but I have never been able to use it.  Thanks

I don't use a controller myself so I never thought about it.  Let me see if there is a way to make it work with the mod as I'd.  Otherwise I'll add the option to surrender by lowering weapon.

Thanks, I reinstalled the mod and the custom mapping script and it works about 80 percent of the time.  However, I do get a message

that the "violation was aborted"  Then everyone starts shooting at me again.   I am not holding down the "surrender" key for 5

seconds. (In fact, my hands are on the controller)      80 percent of the time is good.

3 hours ago, Alunny said:

I do install via the zip file in Vortex, I didn't know it would overwrite every time that's good to know....and the mods are all defaulted to on, I can turn them on and off even though I don't have them. I don't have devious devices, handcuffs, sex attributes, or the buttplugs or the bad end stuff and all of it was on. I could change all their options and sliders.....that's why I mentioned it actually I can remember them being defaulted to off so not sure why it's being seen as there :).

That's just what the MCM defaults to (for whatever reason) if there's no entries in the settings file. You can toggle them or change the sliders, but the script ignores the changes when you don't have the mods installed.

It'd probably less cornfusing if they didn't show if the mod was missing. Sometimes, if you've never changed an option, you have to toggle it for it to take effect, like Off>On>>Off to turn it off. That happens with several mods btw. Maybe because they don't have that setting in the settings.ini yet. Just a guess. ;)

37 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

That's just what the MCM defaults to (for whatever reason) if there's no entries in the settings file. You can toggle them or change the sliders, but the script ignores the changes when you don't have the mods installed.

It'd probably less cornfusing if they didn't show if the mod was missing. Sometimes, if you've never changed an option, you have to toggle it for it to take effect, like Off>On>>Off to turn it off. That happens with several mods btw. Maybe because they don't have that setting in the settings.ini yet. Just a guess. ;)

I tried doing that before - one of Violate's scripts would check for each mod, and set a global variable accordingly.  Then I configured the MCM config so that it would only show the options if the corresponding global variable was set.  That worked most of the time, but sometimes MCM wouldn't show the option even though the mod was enabled, or vice versa.  It's just kind of a buggy MCM feature, and I think it's more confusing than not so I got rid of it.  Also, the help text all of those MCM options say something like "if the mod is installed".