2 hours ago, CptDiomedes said:

Maybe this has been already answered, but 130 pages is a heck of a lot.

Why does Violate not use animation stages? As far as I remember, the old FP_Violate would switch between animation stages eventually ending in climax (if the animation set had one) with sound and visual fx. AAF Violate doesn't, it just abruptly ends the animation whether the animation has multiple stages or not.

Would it be too hard to make AAF play the stages so as to fit into the time configured in MCM?

Stages are a matter for AAF now. Individual animations can be chained together and transitions added, but metadata is required for this. Some animation packs include staged versions of animations and may even provide a means of hiding non-staged components via FOMOD installer menus. Some animation patch mods add stages for non-staged animations and hide the individual components from AAF/things which call AAF.

I'm going absolutely crazy. Violate and Violate ALONE is doing the "0 settings / off" MCM thing. Every other MCM mod saves their files and status just fine. This mod refuses to even boot up much less do anything, I've manually given full permissions to every user and process to my entire SSD (something I did for another game), I've got f4se working (and many mods that use it just fine), I've got MCM  and many mods using it working. I've put it all at the end of the load order. Everything is fine but this one mod and it's making me bonkers. I can't even turn on debugging because that's an MCM setting!!! AAAAAAAAA!!!!

See if AAF_Violate.ini is not set to Read Only.

You can also manually edit the file... then if it still doesn't load the debugging... re-install it cause the scripts aren't running. aka the mod is either not activated or has a crappy install.

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Stages are a matter for AAF now. Individual animations can be chained together and transitions added, but metadata is required for this. Some animation packs include staged versions of animations and may even provide a means of hiding non-staged components via FOMOD installer menus. Some animation patch mods add stages for non-staged animations and hide the individual components from AAF/things which call AAF.

This is missing the forest for the trees. No point arguing about what staged means exactly - the point of me asking was that FP_Violate had animations that functionally acted as AAF's staged - with a start, middle and end.  Maybe that's a result of it being more tightly integrated with specific animations (Leito/Crazy) whereas AAF is too generic, but that really doesn't matter. Bottom line is, there was a functionality that was there before and is not now. And it is something that reallty adds to the immersion and mod quality. Can anything be done about it in a systematic fashion?

I know I could painstakingly edit every animationGroup to last exactly as long as AAF Violate's time setting, but this is a terrible workaround for multiple reasons - tons of work, no flexibility, reduced use in other cases... etc.

For a start, would it at least be possible to let these play when the time runs out:

<transition from="Leito_Carry_1_Staged" to="none" animation="Leito_Carry_1_S4"/>

Example is from Leito Staged, and it's exactly the thing that worked as intended in the old FP_Violate, iirc. It already works when you play the sequence in AAF itself: press END, animation is aborted, then this plays as the last thing. AAF Violate should behave like this too.

1 hour ago, CptDiomedes said:

Can anything be done about it in a systematic fashion?

Sure, you can use an animation patch like UAP, which plays the full sequence as long as start/middle/end stages exist.  Otherwise no.  As far as I can recall AAF Violate has never worked like you're asking, and probably for the reason you already mentioned: it would require individual ending calls coded in for each animation, necessitating not only a huge amount of work, but also an update to Violate every time a new animation set is released.  That aside, nobody has taken over development of Violate since Ego boogied off into the sunset last October.  So if you want to see changes to the base mod, your only current option is to make the edits yourself.

One conceptually simple solution for an animation-agnostic variant would be to just do away with the time limit and let the animation sequences play out in their entirety (and/or let the user stop it by pressing END via AAF). This would not work for non-grouped animations though, so there would need to be a way for AAF or Violate to detect and adjust on the fly.

I wonder just how the interplay between Violate and AAF works (specifically the timer/interrupt), but I'm not an experienced modder so it would probbaly take too much time for me to figure it out. Shame it's been abandoned.

6 hours ago, CptDiomedes said:

This is missing the forest for the trees. No point arguing about what staged means exactly - the point of me asking was that FP_Violate had animations that functionally acted as AAF's staged - with a start, middle and end.

No, I wasn't missing anything, I completely understood what you were saying. What I'm saying is that AAF Violate is not FP Violate. AAF Violate does not play animations, it asks AAF to play animations for its desired number and races of participants, optionally within a given set of themes (e.g., "aggressive").

AAF Violate is not tightly coupled with animations, AAF is an API abstraction layer to them and AAF Violate merely communicates with AAF to request that suitable animations play. This allows the end user to take advantage of a vast array of animations, rather than only the ones the mod author knew about. For example Brave's Animations just updated yesterday, and the last release of AAF Violate from months ago is playing the new additions from that just fine for me.

Some may argue that this comes at a cost of much additional complexity, but it also allows mod authors to not need to hard-code specifics of particular animations, making these mods able to more effectively coexist and share a common pool of constantly evolving and growing animation content.

I understand all that. I get the benefits and agree this is a step in the right direction. I'm not sure what it is you're trying to tell me here?

I'm basically saying it feels like there's a certain step missing here to make it work as one would expect from an encapsulated solution: so a mod (Violate in this case, but that ideally shouldn't matter) tells AAF to play an animation for 30 seconds, then just waits whilre AAF does the rest. IMO because it is AAF that selects the animation, it should also ensure that that animation makes sense. How exactly that would work... I can think of multiple: Don't pick an animation that's longer than the requested time, always play the ending transition (if the animation has one), repeat middle animation stages to fit the requested time. Etc.

AAF doesn't do any of that now, hence my question here if this mode could handle it instead. Which has now been answered by the fact that it's abandoned.

48 minutes ago, CptDiomedes said:

AAF doesn't do any of that now, hence my question here if this mode could handle it instead

The method to control it would be in the animation xmls. Violate calls for an "aggressive" tagged animation to play for xx seconds, AAF selects a matching tagged animation, the xml tells AAF the details of what where and how long (frames) to play the animation/s.

So what you want is already being done through xml files. I believe UAP might be of interest to you. Dunno... don't use it. LOL

On 3/5/2021 at 10:59 PM, izzyknows said:

In short.. No.

The long..
The AI is far to stupid for it to work correctly. You end up watching a never ending fight.... far to often.

Why would it not work? Skyrim's Death Alternative mod has an option to make it so downed followers stay down until the end of a fight. FO4 has a similar behavior (you have to Stimpack them back up).

Skyrim's Death Alternative option is for "followers to protect player" which makes it so the DA scenario doesn't trigger until everyone is in a downed state.

3 hours ago, nanashi50 said:

Why would it not work? Skyrim's Death Alternative mod has an option to make it so downed followers stay down until the end of a fight. FO4 has a similar behavior (you have to Stimpack them back up).

Skyrim's Death Alternative option is for "followers to protect player" which makes it so the DA scenario doesn't trigger until everyone is in a downed state.

You end up watching a never ending fight.... far to often. <<<<it's been tried and this is F04 NOT Skyrim.... the AI is stupid as fuck. Basically, Bugthesda broke several bit of code that they never fixed. Thus you have NPC trying to walk through walls, supposed to teleport after 3 failed attempts, constantly shooting into obstacles while behind "cover", can't calculate object collisions, line of sight and point of aim... math error.

So, technically, yes you can do it, and it kind of works... if you like to reload saves.

2 hours ago, SkyrimMasterrace said:

When a enemy surenders to me and i decide to rape him/her they rape me instead. Is this a known bug or did i configure/install something wrong. I play a Female Char.

If the NPC is male, your PC will get fucked. If female, your PC "should" be wearing the strapon.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

If the NPC is male, your PC will get fucked. If female, your PC "should" be wearing the strapon.

It should be possible to tweak the XMLs so that your female PC wears a strapon and does the giving while a male NPC is on the receiving end. I haven't tried, but it wouldn't be at all dissimilar to some of the FF and MM variations which have been built on MF animations. There may even be some XML patches out there which do exactly this, I'm not sure as I've never gone hunting for it.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It should be possible to tweak the XMLs so that your female PC wears a strapon and does the giving while a male NPC is on the receiving end. I haven't tried, but it wouldn't be at all dissimilar to some of the FF and MM variations which have been built on MF animations. There may even be some XML patches out there which do exactly this, I'm not sure as I've never gone hunting for it.

Ya ya can. It's not hard, but does take a little trial & error. Never done F on M, figured if they're that much of a pussy they need a bullet in the head! LOL

4 hours ago, Zer0xChan said:

It's a fairly new race mod, but I wanted to ask about having the Lupine race added in for a compatible companion race since Vulpine is already in.

This mod is effectively orphaned, so that's not going to happen unless someone works on a successor/fork of it. The short DIY answer is to look in FPV_MCM_Script.psc for the LoadCustomRaces() function and insert a new If/EndIf block (the conditional wrapper isn't strictly necessary but makes Violate not break when you deactivate the Lupine mod) which does an AddRace() call with a lookup for whatever the ID of that new race is (you can find it by browsing around in the plugin with FO4Edit). Then you'll need to recompile it (this means you also need the FO4 CK installed, and you'll probably also need to reinstall AAF and tell it to include its script sources when answering questions in its FOMOD menu, oh and don't forget to unpack the base script set since the CK installs a zipball of those and assumes you'll just know to do that). Once you've recompiled that script, replace Violate's FPV_MCM_Script.pex file with the one you've built. Ideally, put the new PEX file in a separate archive and install that with your mod manager, telling it to overwrite Violate's file, that way reinstalling Violate won't lose your custom script.

As a quick tip, here's the command-line way I recompile that:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler" "FPV_MCM_Script.psc" -i="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\Base;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User" -o="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts" -f="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg"

That's probably not the best way to go about it, but it worked for me at least. Obviously adjust the paths to wherever your game data, CK and source code live. This article about the compiler may also come in useful for you (it did for me): https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Papyrus_FAQs

AAF violate continues to ruin my life, it has randomly stopped working. Other animations work, just not violate, gear stealing works fine, but before the animation play, they just stare it each other until i close the game. Using animations guns work. I also for whatever reason chat preview AAF animations with the home key, but that dosen't seem to be the issue.

I've noticed an issue with the God Mode setting not working correctly (I've put a workaround at the end as this mod is unsupported now). If you're using default Exhaustion settings you'll probably never run into this.

I have Exhaustion set to 10 but it's rare to get more than a few attacks in any one encounter. I was around HUB360 where there are a lot of Super Mutants and after losing a fight got the full 10 of them queuing up for some fun.

All was fine for the first 5 or so then I noticed the heartbeat sound and near death screen effect kick in. The other events all played out but at the end instead of being released or transported to Purgatory I instantly died.

I ran a number of tests with this and it appears that the pc is actually still taking damage so the God Mode simply keeps her alive at zero HP until the scene ends.

At a guess as I haven't tried looking through the scripts, it may be the God Mode is ending prematurely sometimes as other times I have noticed there is a delay after escape before a stimpack will work which indicates something similar to the console command TGM.

Workaround - If you start to get the heartbeat sound go into console and use TGM. Once you are free again you need to be a bit careful as you cannot heal while in TGM mode (the HP bar fills and falls away quickly), so take a stimpack (or something with better healing) and immediately open the console and use TGM again to go back into normal mode. The stimpack will then work and you'll still be alive.

Hope this may be of some use if anyone else runs into it

9 hours ago, Tyrrano said:

AAF violate continues to ruin my life, it has randomly stopped working. Other animations work, just not violate, gear stealing works fine, but before the animation play, they just stare it each other until i close the game. Using animations guns work. I also for whatever reason chat preview AAF animations with the home key, but that dosen't seem to be the issue.

Get AAF fixed and working correctly first. That will solve a LOT of your issues.

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

I've noticed an issue with the God Mode setting not working correctly (I've put a workaround at the end as this mod is unsupported now). If you're using default Exhaustion settings you'll probably never run into this.

I have Exhaustion set to 10 but it's rare to get more than a few attacks in any one encounter. I was around HUB360 where there are a lot of Super Mutants and after losing a fight got the full 10 of them queuing up for some fun.

All was fine for the first 5 or so then I noticed the heartbeat sound and near death screen effect kick in. The other events all played out but at the end instead of being released or transported to Purgatory I instantly died.

I ran a number of tests with this and it appears that the pc is actually still taking damage so the God Mode simply keeps her alive at zero HP until the scene ends.

At a guess as I haven't tried looking through the scripts, it may be the God Mode is ending prematurely sometimes as other times I have noticed there is a delay after escape before a stimpack will work which indicates something similar to the console command TGM.

Workaround - If you start to get the heartbeat sound go into console and use TGM. Once you are free again you need to be a bit careful as you cannot heal while in TGM mode (the HP bar fills and falls away quickly), so take a stimpack (or something with better healing) and immediately open the console and use TGM again to go back into normal mode. The stimpack will then work and you'll still be alive.

Hope this may be of some use if anyone else runs into it

Yea that is a bug. I've had to use tgm especially in places where there's environmental damage. Having the perks that auto heal also works, which shows that God Mode (not tgm) isn't working correctly.