1 hour ago, Sancte Virgin Maria said:

how do u play manually? sry guys ima noob

Hit the "Home" key and it will bring up the AAF menu. You can hit "Delete" to cycle through the options, ie:Scene, Admin etc.

It defaults to Scene, which is where all the fun is. If you hit "Enter" is will scan for actors, using the up/down arrow keys scrolls, PgDn selects and actor, right arrow will scan for furniture/location, right arrow will list animations, right arrow will gather the actors & play the animation.

During the animation, you can use the PgUp/PgDn keys to change animations. The number pad keys move/rotate the scene. End key ends the scene.

Animations have set frames that have to play out before the scene ends, so don't go spamming the End key. It will force end the scene, but can cause issues.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:45 PM, izzyknows said:

Hit the "Home" key and it will bring up the AAF menu. You can hit "Delete" to cycle through the options, ie:Scene, Admin etc.

It defaults to Scene, which is where all the fun is. If you hit "Enter" is will scan for actors, using the up/down arrow keys scrolls, PgDn selects and actor, right arrow will scan for furniture/location, right arrow will list animations, right arrow will gather the actors & play the animation.

During the animation, you can use the PgUp/PgDn keys to change animations. The number pad keys move/rotate the scene. End key ends the scene.

Animations have set frames that have to play out before the scene ends, so don't go spamming the End key. It will force end the scene, but can cause issues.

omg. that is so much. still.. it won[t play any animations, i don't kno ima keep trying but it seems like theres an error some where

2 hours ago, Sancte Virgin Maria said:

omg. that is so much. still.. it won[t play any animations, i don't kno ima keep trying but it seems like theres an error some where

That same interface you get from pressing the home key has an admin panel which displays the error log. Hit the delete/del key a few times to get to it and see if that provides you any useful clues.

15 minutes ago, Fiona159 said:
On 2/12/2021 at 11:57 PM, Sancte Virgin Maria said:

how do u play manually? sry guys ima noob

I don't even understand your problem.Install MO2 and play.

That was in response to a suggestion to try manually initiating ("playing") animations with the AAF scene wizard in order to confirm whether AAF itself is working.

On 2/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, izzyknows said:

No.

Violate requests AAF to play either an aggressive or passive animation based on tags. If your animations don't have tags, aka not using themes or SavageCabbage animations, then Violate will error and stop the violation.

When you say tag, are you talking about XML tags in _animationData.xml files?

I installed all of the suggested animation packs, but Violate doesn't seem to play any animation except UAP. I don't know if it's a Violate bug or a conflict with the latest version of AFF.

I am not sure as of late,  but violate is not finding animations for either bad end or when assaulted by ghouls.   Let's get out of here.

Yes it is a working aaf setup, ghouls work when Just Fuck activates.  Or through the aaf menu will work.  

But violate is failing except with supermutants raiders etc.   Nothing has changed.

Does anyone know of if the latest mods cause violate conflicts?  Or why violate can't find an animation but all the others can ir Hardship, Boston Helper, and about everything else.

Thanks

John

3 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

I am not sure as of late,  but violate is not finding animations for either bad end or when assaulted by ghouls.

Not entirely sure what would cause bad end animations to stop being found, but for ghouls it could be you don't have any ghoul animations tagged as aggressive. Have you tried disabling Violate's MCM option which forces it to only use aggressive animations? Have you tried turning on Violate's MCM option for debug logging? Or checked AAF's logs for any errors after a failed violation?

For the record, I do still get ghoul and bad end animations in violation events, and I'm using the most recent versions of Violate, AAF, and the various animation packs. I'm however not using any animation patch mods other than Themes and Staged Leito Plus (no UAP, no OPTBTA, no Indarello's, no Static's...), so if you're using one of those perhaps a recent update to one of them is related?

5 hours ago, tlllp said:

When you say tag, are you talking about XML tags in _animationData.xml files?

I installed all of the suggested animation packs, but Violate doesn't seem to play any animation except UAP. I don't know if it's a Violate bug or a conflict with the latest version of AFF.

No, tags are found in SavageCabbage_positionData.xml (latest version) and xml's that start with "Themes" like Theme_SexKinkyAnimations_NoFurn_tagData.xml

Also if you're playing as a male might be why the other animations don't play as they are geared toward a Female PC.

Also, if you don't have a patch to add FF or gangbang with a mix of FMFMMF and such, you need to turn Off "Allow female aggressors in gangbangs".

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Not entirely sure what would cause bad end animations to stop being found, but for ghouls it could be you don't have any ghoul animations tagged as aggressive. Have you tried disabling Violate's MCM option which forces it to only use aggressive animations? Have you tried turning on Violate's MCM option for debug logging? Or checked AAF's logs for any errors after a failed violation?

For the record, I do still get ghoul and bad end animations in violation events, and I'm using the most recent versions of Violate, AAF, and the various animation packs. I'm however not using any animation patch mods other than Themes and Staged Leito Plus (no UAP, no OPTBTA, no Indarello's, no Static's...), so if you're using one of those perhaps a recent update to one of them is related?

I have all animation packs available.  Leiyo. Crazy. SavageCabbage.

I dont have staged leito because it all works (worked) execpy flaccid ghouls.  Staged is now required?

44 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

I have all animation packs available.  Leiyo. Crazy. SavageCabbage.

I dont have staged leito because it all works (worked) execpy flaccid ghouls.  Staged is now required?

I'm personally using Staged Leito Plus because it's a dependency for Hardship which I also use. But more generally, SLP allowed me to drop The One Patch to Bang Them All which was a pain to keep integrated correctly after it stopped being maintained, and really all I needed out of it was to make Leito's animations work correctly anyway (which was precisely Tentacus's reason for making it, too).

It's not a hard dependency for Violate though, no. You should be able to get Violate to work with an appropriate set of animation packs and no animation patches besides maybe Themes.

10 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm personally using Staged Leito Plus because it's a dependency for Hardship which I also use. But more generally, SLP allowed me to drop The One Patch to Bang Them All which was a pain to keep integrated correctly after it stopped being maintained, and really all I needed out of it was to make Leito's animations work correctly anyway (which was precisely Tentacus's reason for making it, too).

It's not a hard dependency for Violate though, no. You should be able to get Violate to work with an appropriate set of animation packs and no animation patches besides maybe Themes.

It's probably Themes since I haven't updated it in a long time... prior to the One Bang Patch - watching that from a distance.  I am still running the old savage 1.04 - Bad Ending though  shouldn't matter I would think.

Thanks vaultbait for your help.

John

On 2/7/2021 at 5:32 PM, Bloodhhunter666 said:

NOTE

COOL MOD

It seems that "AAF Violate 1.47" is not compatible with "AAF 161.1b". You can install it without any problems and there is no error message. But if you go into the menu and make your settings and then leave MCM again, all settings are set to "OFF" and "0" and therefore not executed.

P.S. With AAF BETA v147 there are no problems with animations, and there are no error messages either.

Been battling this issue for a little while now. Rolled AAF back to 147 and no change.. almost at wits end trying to avoid fresh install number 3. Thinking it may be an issue with MCM seeing as this started after an update but I've got no way of rolling it back. May have worked for you but there's still a conflict here somewhere.

56 minutes ago, JB153 said:

Been battling this issue for a little while now. Rolled AAF back to 147 and no change.. almost at wits end trying to avoid fresh install number 3. Thinking it may be an issue with MCM seeing as this started after an update but I've got no way of rolling it back. May have worked for you but there's still a conflict here somewhere.

Yes, this is usually a sign that MCM is having trouble writing its state files, e.g. wrong path, permissions too restrictive, et cetera. By default it wants to record your Violate settings in Data\MCM\Settings\AAF_Violate.ini (but this will depend a bit on how your game is installed/managed).

Is it possible to add a "limit" for the enemies to join during Violate? I have enabled the "allow hostile factions" and it works quite too much.

I use WotC which adds lots of enemies all around who fights each other, and when I get defeated and surrender to one enemy, then also the other ones joins in. Even if they are really far from my position.

Yesterday I got defeated near Finch Farm, and few seconds later the enemies I saw while walking there from the Slog appeared to join in. They all were fighting by themselves on the way for Listening Post Bravo, none of them saw me or my companions.

Have to ask. I play as a female and Violate (latest) has been acting inconsistent for some time now. In my game it seems to have issues whether I defeat someone or I am defeated in picking up female/female sex animations of which I have enough. Is that tied to Violate choosing or not only aggressive tagged animations and can that be changed in Violate AAF file?

Got a bit of an off topic question while I'm trying to get this working. I know ESL's don't count toward the plugin limit like ESP's but in general the more plugins the more the game will slow down its fps right? Regardless of whether they're ESP's ESL's or ESM's a plugins a plugin and will in some form slow the game down once you get too many or is that a wrong assumption?

7 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Have to ask. I play as a female and Violate (latest) has been acting inconsistent for some time now. In my game it seems to have issues whether I defeat someone or I am defeated in picking up female/female sex animations of which I have enough. Is that tied to Violate choosing or not only aggressive tagged animations and can that be changed in Violate AAF file?

Are you perchance using the Static's Script Tweaks patch for Violate? If so, it directly fiddles with the list of animation tags Violate will look for. See the top post in its support thread for an explanation (since the file page for it is no longer up).

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Are you perchance using the Static's Script Tweaks patch for Violate? If so, it directly fiddles with the list of animation tags Violate will look for. See the top post in its support thread for an explanation (since the file page for it is no longer up).

I gave up on Static Scripts as it did not seem to work for me. I will look at the female/female animation offered by Simple Patch and just add Aggressive tags to more of them.. Thanks