3 hours ago, Beyound said:

Hi

Can any of you give me a hint/hand with figuring out why AAF Violate doesn't equip Devious Devices mini dresses.  It puts them into inventory, but doesn't equip them.  They can be equipped from inventory like normal.  Not sure if i somehow changed a setting in this mod or another that makes it not auto equip.

Edit: Will just disable them for now.

I "think" it's because they don't have the required keyword. Never really dug to deep to check because most of the time I disable them, along with the other "normal" dresses.

hello ego

do you know how i can fix this error ?

I think I have all the necessary animation packs but I must be missing the xml files !!!

cordially

35834053_Capturedcran(6).png.23a86e3fd2285410a8b06fcf50ed20db.thumb.png.6cc59270ecd4831135eb44ac5a1864db.png

1 hour ago, tlllp said:

So, is UAP a secret requirement?

No.

Violate requests AAF to play either an aggressive or passive animation based on tags. If your animations don't have tags, aka not using themes or SavageCabbage animations, then Violate will error and stop the violation.

NOTE

COOL MOD

It seems that "AAF Violate 1.47" is not compatible with "AAF 161.1b". You can install it without any problems and there is no error message. But if you go into the menu and make your settings and then leave MCM again, all settings are set to "OFF" and "0" and therefore not executed.

P.S. With AAF BETA v147 there are no problems with animations, and there are no error messages either.

56 minutes ago, Bloodhhunter666 said:

NOTE

COOL MOD

It seems that "AAF Violate 1.47" is not compatible with "AAF 161.1b". You can install it without any problems and there is no error message. But if you go into the menu and make your settings and then leave MCM again, all settings are set to "OFF" and "0" and therefore not executed.

P.S. With AAF BETA v147 there are no problems with animations, and there are no error messages either.

Pretty much why I use an older version of AAF. It works, and all my animations & mods work.

You'd have to re-compile Violate with the latest version of AAF... of course updating Violate to comply with the new AAF changes. ?

Hi all! Great mod.

I have a trouble shooting question: Everything seems to be working great except the sound. Is it always suppose to be quiet when the animations are playing? Or was I suppose to get the sound files from a separate download?

It's my understanding that the mod requires files from other creators to work correctly (I downloaded all animations in the FAQ).

I'm a novice to all this, so I'm not sure if: 1) this it's working as intended 2) I missed a file I was suppose to download 3) Just messed up the installation some where.  Thanks for reading. ?

2 hours ago, Bloodhhunter666 said:

NOTE

COOL MOD

I had Violate 1.47 installed with my old AAF  Beta 147 setup, since then i updated AAF to version 161.b and everything works fine. In fact version 161.b works better and faster than the previous one.

Maybe on a new installation Violate would have an issue. That's why i keep old version of sensitive mods to be able to rollback. 

49 minutes ago, rjrc said:

I had Violate 1.47 installed with my old AAF  Beta 147 setup, since then i updated AAF to version 161.b and everything works fine. In fact version 161.b works better and faster than the previous one.

Maybe on a new installation Violate would have an issue. That's why i keep old version of sensitive mods to be able to rollback. 

Yeah, I'm not sure why people think new AAF somehow "broke" Violate. I'm using latest of both quite happily, even starting new playthroughs. Odds are they're having some other problem and are incorrectly attributing it to AAF.

I searched through a bit, but I didn't see where anyone explicitly states how to add custom races to the surrender list. I see in 1.45 he added support for Pyramid Head; I am trying to add support for the other humanoid enemies from Whispering Hills (the Lying Figures work great with AAF). Where do I go about doing that? I'm looking in Creation Kit, and I don't see the surrender script nor do I see config to insert new races.

EDIT: I found the spot where he inserts Whispering Hills races in FPV_Player. It doesn't seem like anything is being added in there, though. I added the same line and changed the formID to the one listed in the lyingfigure race, but it still says "I can't surrender to these enemies..."

EDIT2: Seems you shouldn't place the first two numbers of the formid in there. So "0x12345678" becomes "0x345678". That got it working.

7 hours ago, delete1618 said:

Seems you shouldn't place the first two numbers of the formid in there. So "0x12345678" becomes "0x345678". That got it working.

Yep, the first byte (first two hexidecimal digits) is just a plugin index the game uses to keep track of references so they remain static for a given playthrough, but they can vary whenever you re-sort your plugins and then start a new playthrough. Generally, when referencing IDs from other mods, you omit that index byte and just use the remaining three (the last six hex digits). I'm not exactly a seasoned pro at this, so for example I have no idea how you're supposed to deal with two mods using the same base ID for something.

Also I just went through adding a new race to that script a week ago. Glad you got it working, I wrestled with the compiler quite a bit before finally figuring out what I was doing wrong (and then what else I was doing wrong, and then what else...).

On 2/9/2021 at 11:06 AM, vaultbait said:

Yep, the first byte (first two hexidecimal digits) is just a plugin index the game uses to keep track of references so they remain static for a given playthrough, but they can vary whenever you re-sort your plugins and then start a new playthrough. Generally, when referencing IDs from other mods, you omit that index byte and just use the remaining three (the last six hex digits). I'm not exactly a seasoned pro at this, so for example I have no idea how you're supposed to deal with two mods using the same base ID for something.

My own script for the Overlays, which borrowed ideas fairly heavily from Ego's:

AAF_API = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "AAF.esm") as AAF:AAF_API

AAF_API's set up as a global variable (AAF:AAF_API AAF_API, as AAF:AAF_API is what it refers to, from AAF's script functions), as it initialises, grabs the form (whole FormID, with the 0x prefix), from AAF.esm, as the function to use when using AAF_API as a 'shortcut'/'shorthand'.

If two mods share the same FormID, minus their index, you can do that, and swap the plugin names, to have two global variables (or local, if it's for rare/one-off uses) to refer to those forms.

14 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

My own script for the Overlays, which borrowed ideas fairly heavily from Ego's:

AAF_API's set up as a global variable (AAF:AAF_API AAF_API, as AAF:AAF_API is what it refers to, from AAF's script functions), as it initialises, grabs the form (whole FormID, with the 0x prefix), from AAF.esm, as the function to use when using AAF_API as a 'shortcut'/'shorthand'.

If two mods share the same FormID, minus their index, you can do that, and swap the plugin names, to have two global variables (or local, if it's for rare/one-off uses) to refer to those forms.

Ahh, cool, so you can still refine the reference by plugin name. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Sancte Virgin Maria said:

Help I cant get this to work. It starts the dialogue but then it says (violation scene aborted) and they jus stand there until npc resets. 

First, do you have the required mods installed and working?
Second, "usually" when the scene is aborted it's because 1: it can't find the proper animations, 2: you're using a funky race. Either way, you can get it fail again, exit the game and check your Papyrus log and it should tell you why it failed. The Violate errors will be at the bottom.

10 hours ago, izzyknows said:

First, do you have the required mods installed and working?
Second, "usually" when the scene is aborted it's because 1: it can't find the proper animations, 2: you're using a funky race. Either way, you can get it fail again, exit the game and check your Papyrus log and it should tell you why it failed. The Violate errors will be at the bottom.

I hav just the basics installed (AAF, F4SE, AAF theme, and MCM. I don't know how to check Papyrus log.

2 hours ago, Sancte Virgin Maria said:

I hav just the basics installed (AAF, F4SE, AAF theme, and MCM. I don't know how to check Papyrus log.

That list doesn't include any animation packs for Violate to play.  Do you have any installed?  They generally stand alone and are not included with mods that initiate action, like Violate.

31 minutes ago, Sancte Virgin Maria said:

nah wut animations do i need?

Q: What animation packs do I need?

AAF Violate will work with any animation pack that can be played through AAF.  The following packs are recommended for aggressive type animations:

18 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Q: What animation packs do I need?

AAF Violate will work with any animation pack that can be played through AAF.  The following packs are recommended for aggressive type animations:

Anims are still not working. 

36 minutes ago, Sancte Virgin Maria said:

Anims are still not working. 

Can you play the animations manually?

Are you using a race mod?

Enable Papyrus Logging:
Open Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\ Fallout4Custom.ini

and add the following.
[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=1
sDefaultLogOverlay=Papyrus

Once you do that, save it and right click the file & tick Read Only.
The logs will be found in Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Logs\Script

And if you don't already, install Notepad++. It's waaaaaaaaay better than Notepad.
6 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Can you play the animations manually?

Are you using a race mod?

Enable Papyrus Logging:
Open Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\ Fallout4Custom.ini

and add the following.
[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=1
sDefaultLogOverlay=Papyrus

Once you do that, save it and right click the file & tick Read Only.
The logs will be found in Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Logs\Script

And if you don't already, install Notepad++. It's waaaaaaaaay better than Notepad.

how do u play manually? sry guys ima noob