Hey, i can't seem to get shock collars to work. Equipping works fine, enemies get a trigger and code, but they never seem to actually use it in combat. Thinking it might be a range issue i increased the trigger range quite a bit but still no luck (and from what i gathered violate uses a seperate script anyway?). Any ideas what i am missing here?

2 hours ago, Raccoon said:

Hey, i can't seem to get shock collars to work. Equipping works fine, enemies get a trigger and code, but they never seem to actually use it in combat. Thinking it might be a range issue i increased the trigger range quite a bit but still no luck (and from what i gathered violate uses a seperate script anyway?). Any ideas what i am missing here?

I think that was a long-standing work in progress. From what I understand, scripts never got written to make violators trigger the collar after equipping it on you. Maybe whoever adopts/continues the mod will add the rest of the feature.

45 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I think that was a long-standing work in progress. From what I understand, scripts never got written to make violators trigger the collar after equipping it on you. Maybe whoever adopts/continues the mod will add the rest of the feature.

Ah damn. I found this post earlier, which led me to believe it had been implemented in some way. Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

For some reason, I can't surrender to creatures. I have followed the [AAF] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide, and added some additional mods, including this one. I have creatures turned on in the options, but it says I cannot surrender to them.

Then you don't have the creature animations or missing  the tags for the actors you're trying to surrender to.

Can you manually play the creature scenes through AAF?

5 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Yeah.

Kool.
Load up the game and turn On the AAF Violate Debug Messages.
Find & piss off the creature your having trouble with and try to surrender. Then after it fails exit the game and you should have the error logged in the papyrus.0.log Which "should" tell you why it failed.

17 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Yeah.

Also, and maybe this is common sense but I've seen it come up before... make sure you're surrendering with AAF Violate and not RSE II: CSA or CAP. I have all three installed but don't have surrender options configured in anything except Violate.

And do triple-check that support for the specific creatures you want to surrender to is enabled in the AAF Violate MCM.

On 1/25/2021 at 6:04 AM, izzyknows said:

Kool.
Load up the game and turn On the AAF Violate Debug Messages.
Find & piss off the creature your having trouble with and try to surrender. Then after it fails exit the game and you should have the error logged in the papyrus.0.log Which "should" tell you why it failed.

On 1/25/2021 at 5:23 PM, vaultbait said:

Also, and maybe this is common sense but I've seen it come up before... make sure you're surrendering with AAF Violate and not RSE II: CSA or CAP. I have all three installed but don't have surrender options configured in anything except Violate.

And do triple-check that support for the specific creatures you want to surrender to is enabled in the AAF Violate MCM.

I had the wrong gender options. Sorry. :/ Guess I'll have to switch every time I have human opponents.

1 hour ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I had the wrong gender options. Sorry. :/ Guess I'll have to switch every time I have human opponents.

I didn't think the gender options affected creatures, but maybe I've just picked a popular gender.

Perhaps off-topic, but I'm trying to gain a better understanding of Papyrus script fundamentals, and struggling through an attempt to recompile a script from the final release of this mod, though suffering for my newbishness. If someone who groks the nuances off PapyrusCompiler errors could speculate as to the source of the problem in the second spoiler from this comment, I'd be most grateful:

Edit: Well, I figured it out, sort of, but if someone is bored and has suggestions for what I should have done differently I'm all ears!

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Perhaps off-topic, but I'm trying to gain a better understanding of Papyrus script fundamentals, and struggling through an attempt to recompile a script from the final release of this mod, though suffering for my newbishness. If someone who groks the nuances off PapyrusCompiler errors could speculate as to the source of the problem in the second spoiler from this comment, I'd be most grateful:

Edit: Well, I figured it out, sort of, but if someone is bored and has suggestions for what I should have done differently I'm all ears!

Ah yes, your psc files need to be in Scripts\Source\User.... It's nice if you go one deeper. ie: Scripts\Source\User\VaultBait\

Not only for the end user.. IF you're releasing it.. but also makes it waaay easier to keep things neat & tidy.

19 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Ah yes, your psc files need to be in Scripts\Source\User.... It's nice if you go one deeper. ie: Scripts\Source\User\VaultBait\

Not only for the end user.. IF you're releasing it.. but also makes it waaay easier to keep things neat & tidy.

Well, that's the thing... the .psc files are in Scripts\Source\User and I add that to the -i path on the command line. The compiler finds the script to compile in that directory just fine, but complains it can't find functions defined in other .psc files in the same directory. However,  if I switch the current directory for my command terminal to Scripts\Source\User too, it suddenly all works. I'm thoroughly baffled by that.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Well, that's the thing... the .psc files are in Scripts\Source\User and I add that to the -i path on the command line. The compiler finds the script to compile in that directory just fine, but complains it can't find functions defined in other .psc files in the same directory. However,  if I switch the current directory for my command terminal to Scripts\Source\User too, it suddenly all works. I'm thoroughly baffled by that.

Head over to Sim Settlements on Discord and they will be more than happy to tell you exactly the whyisit. Kinggath is the most knowledgeable code monkey I know.

Oh, and it's probably something very simple. ;)

10 minutes ago, Spectre5342 said:

The 50 shades animations are showing up in aaf but not when the player is violated they're not in the list then

sorry thats a bit vague I'm using the one patch to rule them all and the new UAP patch and its requirements I could've sworn they were being used earlier perhaps this save is simply broken. Or is theree a specific order of the patches and animations in my load order 

5 hours ago, Spectre5342 said:

sorry thats a bit vague I'm using the one patch to rule them all and the new UAP patch and its requirements I could've sworn they were being used earlier perhaps this save is simply broken. Or is theree a specific order of the patches and animations in my load order 

If they're not marked as aggressive then they won't be chosen. Themes usually handles the tags. But.. I use my own version of "Themes". But that's me. LOL

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

If they're not marked as aggressive then they won't be chosen. Themes usually handles the tags. But.. I use my own version of "Themes". But that's me. LOL

Well after much deliberation realized using the One Patch and UAP is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE. I did have those animations working in violate in the past before I tried to tackle that mess. Then again I redid everything related to AAF including the themes so I must've broken something. Just gonna take a hiatus from Fallout 4 for awhile been banging my head on AAF for days now need a break.

1 hour ago, Spectre5342 said:

Well after much deliberation realized using the One Patch and UAP is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE. I did have those animations working in violate in the past before I tried to tackle that mess. Then again I redid everything related to AAF including the themes so I must've broken something. Just gonna take a hiatus from Fallout 4 for awhile been banging my head on AAF for days now need a break.

This guide might be of some help. Just remember, you don't need everything on the list. And yeah, the one patch was not good to start with. Good idea though.

13 hours ago, izzyknows said:

This guide might be of some help. Just remember, you don't need everything on the list. And yeah, the one patch was not good to start with. Good idea though.

I fixed it for some reason the One Patch must be above some of the animations but below some of the others got the order right in my old load order simply went back to that 

Hi

Can any of you give me a hint/hand with figuring out why AAF Violate doesn't equip Devious Devices mini dresses.  It puts them into inventory, but doesn't equip them.  They can be equipped from inventory like normal.  Not sure if i somehow changed a setting in this mod or another that makes it not auto equip.

Edit: Will just disable them for now.