1 hour ago, Stuff99 said:

Where can I find the recipe to craft a map?

The map (and compass) are not craftable.  They should appear on merchants when their inventory refreshes, typically in two days.  I don't believe that they are guaranteed to be in stock, so you won't always see them.  Exiting the game and restarting should refresh a merchant's stock.

5 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

The map (and compass) are not craftable.  They should appear on merchants when their inventory refreshes, typically in two days.  I don't believe that they are guaranteed to be in stock, so you won't always see them.  Exiting the game and restarting should refresh a merchant's stock.

I think they are now:

V0.590 (16-Apr-2020)

- Added a recipe to make the map and compass - Paper, inkwell, Dwarven ingot, and a Centurion Dynamo Core.

Also saw the crafting option during a crafting madness while gagged => et voila! map crafting appeared ?

(now I'm sure you need to be gagged while crafting map and compass ?)

19 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I think they are now:

V0.590 (16-Apr-2020)

- Added a recipe to make the map and compass - Paper, inkwell, Dwarven ingot, and a Centurion Dynamo Core.

Also saw the crafting option during a crafting madness while gagged => et voila! map crafting appeared ?

(now I'm sure you need to be gagged while crafting map and compass ?)

So where exactly did you see the option to craft while gagged? i.e. which crafting station?

51 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I think they are now:

V0.590 (16-Apr-2020)

Thank you for that correction.  I had double-checked in the esp to be sure, but my last download was 0.589 and I hadn't seen that change.

9 hours ago, Stuff99 said:

So where exactly did you see the option to craft while gagged? i.e. which crafting station?

There's also an option in the Mcm to enable/disable the crafting option on the first page so just check it's enabled if you still can't see it in the crafting menu. 

55 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

finally i reached the kennel by the guards. i was a bit disappointed. while the npcs get banged without rest nothing happened to my pc. only when sleeping it started.

Try installing aroused creatures and see how it goes. Since the functionality already exists in that mod I didn't bother adding it to SLS. 

finally, there was no end of the kennel time. how to leave it ?

Wait til 6:00 am and the gate will unlock. 

I use trade routes and I'm having a conflict since i updated survival to 0.590 , everytime i load my savegame i get message that the masterfile list has been reverted, i ignored that warning till I saw that merchants doesn't restock gold.
i think that confict it comes from the female merchant gold adjustment. Is it possible to get a toggle off for that feature or a better fix ? (i believe the default 1.0x rate still apply modifications) Or does someone has a fix other than staying with survival 0.589 / uninstalling trade routes ?

@boita & @donttouchmethere

This message isn't from SLS so I don't really know what it means. 

For vendor inequality to work I had to modify flags on LeveledItem vendor gold (because you can't set the count higher than 255 via script ridiculously). You could try deleting these entries from SLS but I've no idea if it would work or wouldn't cause problems. But if you do that you should definitely have vendor gold inequality set to 1.0 as it will be broken. 

6 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

This message isn't from SLS so I don't really know what it means. 

Oops! No I don't get that message.

I just jumped on the: "Where is my vendor gold" wagon ?

I can't fixate it on SLS directly, because I didn't change the setting during the running game.

On the other hand SLS is the only mod in my LO next to ETR's one that changes vendor gold.

All effects of ETR's mods stooped working, but only for vanilla vendors, still works for mod added vendors.

Can't remember the last time I played a game that long, so it's also possible that the error is in ETR's mod ?‍♂️

Doesn't really matter, only keeps the game hard and causes no other glitches (ETR's mod changed all vendor gold to what they have in low lvl ^^, that's harder than the SLS settings for vendor gold ? => there goes my cheat ?)

(I could have also been extremely unlucky: "However, to make things a little more random there is a 15% chance each time it checks that it won't add that amount, which adds some variability to the exact amount the merchant will have when you visit.")

8 minutes ago, Mehmeme said:

Btw monoman, would it be possible to make houses more expensive? It feels kinda strange when I could buy several houses for the cost of one perpetual license...

There are so many mods that do this, but I think that SLS is getting a bit conflicty with all of them, as they typically also mess with horse prices, carriage prices, inn prices, and so on.

Maybe it does make sense for SLS to do it, so that players don't have to disentangle the resulting merge, or drag in an inn or carriage price mod they might not really want.

Of course, it makes sense that women shouldn't be able to own houses at all. The husband owns the house, the woman takes care of it.

What?! No husband? Very suspicious. An unmarried woman of childbearing age is probably a whore.

Presumably, the hold has a place to put such people? The local brothel or perhaps a seedy inn.

(Or maybe just a kennel?)

This suggests a little mod all of its own that disables all the houses and lets you rent a bed at an inn "long term" where you get a wardrobe to put your "working attire" in, and are required to pay the inn-keeper ... whatever he wants.

8 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Maybe it does make sense for SLS to do it, so that players don't have to disentangle the resulting merge, or drag in an inn or carriage price mod they might not really want.

Yep, thats pretty much what I thought.

8 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Of course, it makes sense that women shouldn't be able to own houses at all. The husband owns the house, the woman takes care of it.

What?! No husband? Very suspicious. An unmarried woman of childbearing age is probably a whore.

Presumably, the hold has a place to put such people? The local brothel or perhaps a seedy inn.

(Or maybe just a kennel?)

This suggests a little mod all of its own that disables all the houses and lets you rent a bed at an inn "long term" where you get a wardrobe to put your "working attire" in, and are required to pay the inn-keeper ... whatever he wants.

This sounds interesting, but would obviously exceed the scope of just jacking up house prices. Nevertheless, if someone were to create it, I'd certainly play it ?

On 6/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, Monoman1 said:

Skill book? Inequality doesn't modify skills. It changes stats. Like health, magicka, stamina, buy and sell prices, XP gain rate, speed. 

So you're not going to see any changes using skill books. 

Unless I'm missing something. 

:) One of the features of the "inequality" buff/debuff is the one labeled "Skill Gain Change" in the MCM. The description says that it "slows your skill gain speed by 25%." You could call this XP gain, or you could call it skill gain, as the mod does. The debuff does seem to work correctly for female characters, which (as I tried to describe) I can verify by toggling it on and reading a skill book. If the option is off, I gain the full skill level in one go; if it's on, I only get what looks like 75% of it. So far, so good. My issue is that this debuff is still being applied to male characters, which contradicts the description in the MCM and, it would seem to me, the spirit of the mod. Again, this is easy to test by toggling the option on and off in the MCM and reading a skill book with a new character to see if it gets you the full skill level or only part of the way there. Unless the intention was for male PCs to also have trouble "grasping anything that isn't cooking, knitting or manual labor," this seems like a bug to me.

More broadly, this makes me worry that the other Inequality buffs are not being applied correctly. I can tell that the health/magicka/stamina buff is being applied correctly, because that's easy to verify, but the damage, destruction, and speed bonuses are harder to test, and I'd rather not turn them all off on male playthroughs. Having female NPCs be way easier to defeat for a male PC is exactly what I signed up for. I guess I should also try out the buy/sell prices change while I'm at it. 

Would screenshots or any sort of logs be helpful here?

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Realistic Room Rental has long term inn renting options as well as the ability to fiddle with inn rental costs, and for the next part just choosing not to buy a house shouldn't be too hard. Radiant prostitution has mechanics for working at inns too. This is an achievable thing no need for a big new mod really.

4 hours ago, ttpt said:

Realistic Room Rental has long term inn renting options as well as the ability to fiddle with inn rental costs, and for the next part just choosing not to buy a house shouldn't be too hard. Radiant prostitution has mechanics for working at inns too. This is an achievable thing no need for a big new mod really.

I think you have that upside down.

Realistic Room rental does nothing to adjust house prices. I happen to use it. It does provide a long-term rental option, but there's no SexLab component. RP ... and every other prostitution mod ... let you work in inns. I don't see your point there. Only ME lets you negotiate accommodation as part of that.

The initial point was that we all know there are half a dozen really, really well known mods that modify house prices, but they all do things that conflict to some extent with other mods.

RRR is one of the mods the conflict with too!

That's something you have to resolve as a player, just another piece of complexity. I often question if RRR is worth it, particularly when it rearranges the interiors of inns so that furniture items block can room access and you end up manually disabling stuff. But I resolved those problems already, so that's a sunk cost.

e.g. RRR conflicts - in some ways - with Devious Followers. They require adding (or dealing with merging) ESPs, etc.

It conflicts with DFW too. It's not even a house price mod. The mods with house pricing in tend to stick their fingers in inn prices, vendor prices, carriage prices ... which I have a different standalone mod for I prefer ... and so on.

House Prices are by no means a hot priority for SLS, but if it offered an option to set them, I'd probably use it.

I'm not going to install some other House Price mod that will conflict both with SLS, and Expensive Transport and with RRR, and require me to make a whole bunch of changes to my LO to get one tiny thing I don't desperately need.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I think you have that upside down.

Realistic Room rental does nothing to adjust house prices. I happen to use it. It does provide a long-term rental option, but there's no SexLab component. RP ... and every other prostitution mod ... let you work in inns. I don't see your point there. Only ME lets you negotiate accommodation as part of that.

oh I probably wasn't clear but I didn't mean to say RRR fiddles with house prices, I was just saying the solution to house prices being too small and just wanting to go for the adventure of renting rooms long term is to just well, use RRR for inn renting.

And just having some self discipline and not buying a house of your own accord, No need to tack more thing on into Survival that as you've pointed out, are just gonna make more conflicts popup.

There's also a bunch of free house mods but nobody in their right mind is gonna try to make some kind of plugin that makes every one of those not free, it's just not worth it. Hell, even alternate start can give you a free house in any of the holds.

Alternatively if you really must buy a house, buy it when you have 50,000 gold and do removeitem f 50000 on yourself.

6 hours ago, ttpt said:

oh I probably wasn't clear but I didn't mean to say RRR fiddles with house prices, I was just saying the solution to house prices being too small and just wanting to go for the adventure of renting rooms long term is to just well, use RRR for inn renting.

And just having some self discipline and not buying a house of your own accord, No need to tack more thing on into Survival that as you've pointed out, are just gonna make more conflicts popup.

There's also a bunch of free house mods but nobody in their right mind is gonna try to make some kind of plugin that makes every one of those not free, it's just not worth it. Hell, even alternate start can give you a free house in any of the holds.

Alternatively if you really must buy a house, buy it when you have 50,000 gold and do removeitem f 50000 on yourself.

I mean, of course you can achieve it through self discipline, thats pretty much what I do on my playthroughs, but you could say that for eg tolls and licenses too, so imo that point is always a bit wacky. I dont think it should be a high priority, but if it is easy to do, why not?

I do think SLS altering vanilla house prices would be a good addition, simply because it is one of the major in-game gold sinks and directly ties in with a lot of SLS's functionality (curfew/needs/evictions/kennel/just knock ect).  Similar to horses, I think it does make sense for SLS to be able to alter these prices so the player can adjust them to be in line with their expectations based on what the other features of the mod cost.  Also like horses, there are countless mod-added player "homes" - or at least free beds, and I don't think it would be worth SLS making any attempt to police those.

That being said - I think there could be another, more interesting way to have SLS handle vanilla houses, which already exists as a feature of the mod.

Idea: expanding the eviction functionality to add costs to vanilla home ownership

As the mod already has functionality to temporarily cut off access to vanilla player homes due to a bounty, I think it could be great if that functionality was extended to make home ownership expensive long-term, rather than only an upfront cost.  I think the easiest way to do this would be to have it functionally the same as a license, but hold specific.  Then the cost could be modified by things like thaneship ect, and easily controlled via MCM menu.

Essentially, there could be an option where if the player does not have a valid "license" for home ownership in the hold, their home would be boarded up and inaccessible.  Upon purchase of a license, the home would be accessible for the duration of the license as per normal.  Thematically, I think it could be best to call this expense a "protection fee" or "home insurance" - the guard could justify it by claiming the PC's constant abandonment of her home means they need to patrol more for squatters and thieves.  Boarding it up is for her "protection" as it would be a shame if something were to happen to her home in her absence... but if she pays an extra fee to cover the costs, they'll take down the barricade.

It could also be called property taxes, but IMO that implies something that accrues over time and is required to be paid in full at the risk of losing the property.  That doesn't sound fun to me, and could get really out of hand if the player owned multiple homes.  With a protection fee, essentially the player would need to "rent" a hold's home for a period of time to make use of it.  Unless she made a very generous contribution to the hold guard (read: permanent licence).  Of course, the receipt could always be lost, stolen or torn up as punishment, just like any other official document.

As extended content - there could be some extra opportunities for risk-taking and punishment scenarios if the PC could break in to her own house to get some sleep while avoiding paying the fee.  There could be a chance the guards check on the house and catch the PC, and punish her in response.  In keeping with the "protection fee" idea, the scenario could be that the PC/follower gets pulled out of bed by "thugs" (aka guards in civilian cloths), raped, and a few of their items stolen.  A not-so-subtle "don't you wish the guards were watching this place now?" line could make it pretty obvious to the player why this happened.

I actually thought survival had a menu for extra taxes for owning a house on a hold on top of the eviction bounties, but I am totally wrong on that one. Which is part of why I thought a gold sink already existed. Just buying a house doesn't feel like much of a gold sink since you usually just buy a house once and that's it.

It's sexlab adventures that has taxes applied as bounties for just being around a hold, not even actually just having a house, so that's the closest I can think of. Close but not actually close enough if you don't show yourself in a hold for a while.

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

It could also be called property taxes, but IMO that implies something that accrues over time and is required to be paid in full at the risk of losing the property.  That doesn't sound fun to me, and could get really out of hand if the player owned multiple homes.  With a protection fee, essentially the player would need to "rent" a hold's home for a period of time to make use of it.  Unless she made a very generous contribution to the hold guard (read: permanent licence).  Of course, the receipt could always be lost, stolen or torn up as punishment, just like any other official document.

I think you were going around in circles on this too much, what you called a protection racket and property taxes are essentially the same thing. If you don't pay your property taxes your house gets repossessed by the local authorities. Just with different mechanics. And things getting out of hand I feel is the main appeal of the mod, if you just have large amounts of gold constantly the mod hardly has anything to do. If you want to have several properties all over skyrim you'd better be able to generate large amounts of cash, have you considered the skooma trade perhaps.

And probably the easiest initial step of implementing it into the game is just generating a configurable bounty every configurable amount of days for every hold in which you own a property, could probably even add a toggle option to tell the mod "hey, I own a property in this hold" put a bounty on me every so often, which could cover mod added homes, though adding the eviction mechanic to those would be far more complex. Maybe add an NPC guard that only gets enabled and locks the house in which he's posted at if you don't pay your taxes on time. The added benefit of implementing this as just generating bounties is that this could just be a mod all on its own, since all it has to do is generate bounties which are a vanilla system.

Like this all sounds nice in theory and hey, it's nice if a mod has all the functionality on itself, but I feel like we ask too much of Monoman1 sometimes.

9 minutes ago, ttpt said:

I think you were going around in circles on this too much, what you called a protection racket and property taxes are essentially the same thing. If you don't pay your property taxes your house gets repossessed by the local authorities. Just with different mechanics. And things getting out of hand I feel is the main appeal of the mod, if you just have large amounts of gold constantly the mod hardly has anything to do. If you want to have several properties all over skyrim you'd better be able to generate large amounts of cash, have you considered the skooma trade perhaps.

While taxes vs protection racket have the same gameplay effect (you pay gold or lose access to the house) I think their tone and implications are quite different.  Both have merit, just depends on the story the mod wants to tell.

Main other reasons I personally like a protection racket over property taxes:

• Several property tax mods already exist in non-adult capacity.  Assuming those already repossess or add bounty, I think players could possibly find one that works well as a companion to SLS if they just want the gold pressure.
  • I personally really enjoy the narrative of the guards being hopelessly corrupt and vindictive towards the PC who somehow despite all her obvious failings managed to achieve thane status/home ownership.  I have other mods that I use to achieve the "things getting out of control" side of my adult load order, and SLS is more for world building and a harsh difficulty slider in the early/midgame for me.

9 minutes ago, ttpt said:

Like this all sounds nice in theory and hey, it's nice if a mod has all the functionality on itself, but I feel like we ask too much of Monoman1 sometimes.

I don't think anyone should expect Monoman1 (or any mod author for that matter) to act on content ideas from users - it is simply fun to offer suggestions and ideas we think could be cool additions.  Occasionally a mod author may love an idea, more often they might find bits they like that eventually may see some inclusion in a mod, and most often nothing at all comes of it. 

So long as people understand that, I think even crazy/mechanically complex ideas are worth voicing - if not for this mod perhaps someone will find an idea interesting for a completely different mod.