No, I'm aware that economy mods need to be on from the start to properly observe their impact. Like you say, I don't think SLS works half as well if you already have a big pot of cash to get the ball rolling.

I understand the point of the licence system (I think). Just stumbled upon an interesting alternate way to use it, with the sliders and settings provided. You asked what having extra quartermasters could possibly add to SLS gameplay, that's a potential answer. Totally understand if it's beyond the scope of what you want to put in SLS, of course. Costs nothing on my end to spitball. :)

1 hour ago, Buridan said:

having extra quartermasters could possibly add to SLS gameplay,

The niggling problem is quartermasters who vanish.

They need a service bell you can ding to summon them up, should they have gone walkabout to Oblivion or something.

42 minutes ago, genericlogin said:

Where do you find the beta 3 version? The most recent version posted here is beta 1, and it hasn't been updated it quite some time...

Sorry. I meant version 3 beta 1. 

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

They need a service bell you can ding to summon them

They're not there to serve you woman. Other way around ?

Guest AthenaESIV
11 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Probably. But probably only extra dialogue/outcomes. Random interrupty sex calls I find a bit annoying. Theres basically no defense except maybe bringing along some PAH slaves to spread the love around. 

I agree, would be a most welcome change.

Having options with bribery, intimidation, and possibly other things like radiant prostitution skill levels would be great. I'm sure you could think of many other things as well.

You probably have no interest in making anything near as elaborate as SL Approach, lol. But if you wanted to hive mind it or get any help, I have a generic google doc that can be used to mock up some dialog trees... Though using a mind mapping software like http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page would probably be better (there are good online alternatives for collaboration, but the offline nature of Freemind might be appealing considering the subject matter lol)

28 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:
I agree, would be a most welcome change.

Having options with bribery, intimidation, and possibly other things like radiant prostitution skill levels would be great. I'm sure you could think of many other things as well.

You probably have no interest in making anything near as elaborate as SL Approach, lol. But if you wanted to hive mind it or get any help, I have a generic google doc that can be used to mock up some dialog trees... Though using a mind mapping software like http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page would probably be better (there are good online alternatives for collaboration, but the offline nature of Freemind might be appealing considering the subject matter lol)

It's probably not something I'll be doing for a while anyway. Want to focus on the Bikinifier for the moment. Try to make it a bit more user friendly if I can. 

22 minutes ago, genericlogin said:

Ah, that's the version I'm using. Also, the auto start Slaverun section of the MCM was always disabled for me, even before the Slaverun quest started.

Having checked the script there are 3 conditions on the options being available.

1. Slaverun_Reloaded.esp is found in your load order. I presume it's not renamed/merged. 

2. The slaverun interface is active. Check the Mcm toggle box. 

3. Whiterun is not currently enslaved. If you tried some fast forwarding in the Slaverun options I'm not sure what state it'd be in. Since whiterun is the first city to be enslaved it's assumed you've already started the mod at that point. Note that auto progression should be turned on in Slaverun if you want more towns to be enslaved as time passes. 

I usually set auto progression to 1/2 weeks. The game then gradually gets a bit harder as more towns are enslaved. 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:51 AM, Monoman1 said:

Unless I misunderstood you, you were unable to reproduce the bug so the logs don't show anything really.

Actually those files are when the bug happened again. I should mention that I've done extra testings along with the tesedit merged patch after this message but came out with no good results. At this point I'd have to argue that the issue seems to be a hidden conflict somewhere but I've checked Survival against my load order and haven't found anything that survival didn't win in the conflict (The main conflicts seemed to be worldspace navmesh, nothing that changed Survival's "Quests"). Which brings me to the question: What do you think a "type" of mods is causing it? I might go and start, with a clean save, start removing these mods and give it another go with these tests until hopefully the culprit is found....or I give up and just end up doing increasing the cost and the duration of the licenses so I don't have to keep doing what I'm doing.

22 minutes ago, Meteox said:

Actually those files are when the bug happened again. I should mention that I've done extra testings along with the tesedit merged patch after this message but came out with no good results. At this point I'd have to argue that the issue seems to be a hidden conflict somewhere but I've checked Survival against my load order and haven't found anything that survival didn't win in the conflict (The main conflicts seemed to be worldspace navmesh, nothing that changed Survival's "Quests"). Which brings me to the question: What do you think a "type" of mods is causing it? I might go and start, with a clean save, start removing these mods and give it another go with these tests until hopefully the culprit is found....or I give up and just end up doing increasing the cost and the duration of the licenses so I don't have to keep doing what I'm doing.

"Fine, here you are" is literally the last line of dialogue anyway in a functioning exchange. It triggers the IssueLicence function call. So either the function isn't being called (I've no idea what would cause that) or something in the parameters it's being given as you go through the dialogue (picking a type and duration) is being set to something weird. But I also don't know how that would be possible and I'd expect errors in the log if it were so. And I'd expect others to have had the same problem. 

Unfortunately I've no traces in that function so I've no idea what's happening. I'll have to modify the script to add a trace and have you run the scenario again. But I simply do not have time to do this right now. 

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Having checked the script there are 3 conditions on the options being available.

1. Slaverun_Reloaded.esp is found in your load order. I presume it's not renamed/merged. 

2. The slaverun interface is active. Check the Mcm toggle box. 

3. Whiterun is not currently enslaved. If you tried some fast forwarding in the Slaverun options I'm not sure what state it'd be in. Since whiterun is the first city to be enslaved it's assumed you've already started the mod at that point. Note that auto progression should be turned on in Slaverun if you want more towns to be enslaved as time passes. 

All three of those things are true. However, I did encounter something that pointed to where the problem might be. A toll collector took my character's clothing, although I have it set to only require clothing licenses for Slaverun enslaved towns. I think what may be happening here is that Sexlab Survival thinks that Whiterun is enslaved via Slaverun when that hasn't actually happened yet.

18 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Don't know what way SLA works, but I think it really should be moving stuff to a container. Even if it's a container in a hidden cell. Determining what should and shouldn't be stealable is not an easy thing. 

Must also double check that the licences are flagged as quest items on my side. Which is another thing that's basically impossible to determine oddly - whether an item is quest related. So it's probably useless for everything except removeallitems. 

Like lupine says SLS actually adds a massive reason to visit small towns by allowing you to sell armors and weapons there. Of course it comes with risk. That's the whole point. You might very well end up needing to run to the next hold naked and defenseless.

SLAdventures stealing mechanics just work by just deleting the items from your inventory, since there's no intended recovery mechanism for it, they're just gone. Works fine for weapons and armors for me, since I am kind of into the whole thing since it forces me to cycle through armors more.

It does have quest item detection, however I do like that Survival's licences aren't really quest items, since Defeat can take them just fine which is perfect for what I want.  SLAdventures random stealing would work fine but like I mentioned, removing the licence from the inventory without actual moving it away has unfortunate side effects

The other problem is that SLAdventures just isn't under development anymore, but I'll probably have a look at it's stealing scripts and maybe hope to implement a move instead of a complete delete.

15 hours ago, Buridan said:

I understand the point of the licence system (I think). Just stumbled upon an interesting alternate way to use it, with the sliders and settings provided. You asked what having extra quartermasters could possibly add to SLS gameplay, that's a potential answer. Totally understand if it's beyond the scope of what you want to put in SLS, of course. Costs nothing on my end to spitball. :)

I also run my licence stuff on a smaller timeframe about 3 days for a short licence and 7 days for a long term one. with the long term costing twice as the 3 day one. For the price of two short term licence you get a free day, if you have the money upfront.

8 hours ago, genericlogin said:

All three of those things are true. However, I did encounter something that pointed to where the problem might be. A toll collector took my character's clothing, although I have it set to only require clothing licenses for Slaverun enslaved towns. I think what may be happening here is that Sexlab Survival thinks that Whiterun is enslaved via Slaverun when that hasn't actually happened yet.

Sounds like something is wrong with your slaverun install. SLS asks slaverun itself is a town enslaved but this function didn't exist in slaverun in previous versions. Ie: it's not SLS that's determining that a town is enslaved. So I'd say reinstall slaverun, make sure nothing is over writing its files, start a new game and test again. I know this part of SLS works because you're using the same settings I use. 

Unfortunately the problem is probably baked into your save so I'd only test on a new game. 

@ttpt

forgot about that. I will leave it as is then. 

Though I'm curious now what happens when a script tries to remove something that's held in an alias. Shouldn't be possible I would have thought but where does it end up I wonder. 

As the author of SLAdventures put it on their thread

On 3/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, Teutonic said:

Items taken via sleep creep are gone for good unfortunately. On a technical level, the items are not stolen, they are destroyed.

Which seems to be removeitem(), but it doesn't point to any container, which I feel behaves a lot like removeitem from the console. Doing that on a licence survival thinks your licence is still active as it says on the mod status page. And they just seem to not expire anymore since you just don't have the item anymore. I think getting a new licence just refreshes it though, so it's not even a fatal bug. (I think survival let's you buy a licence even if you currently have an active one, though I suppose I'm not entirely sure about this, shouldn't be too hard to test out what happens if you removeitem  it out.)

In any case doing "removeitem" from the console on quest items can break any quest because it's not a thing one should be doing anyway.

What I've taken to doing since I also started using backpack containers, is storing the licence on the backpack when inside an inn (which of course correctly track the licence leaving your inventory), taking it off and letting survival's own stash tracking mechanics have a go at trying to steal from it. Don't know if you have your own exceptions for the licences on survival for this situation though, I suppose I could test by leaving and otherwise empty back with some licences on it to test that out.

22 hours ago, Meteox said:

Try this script please. Try to buy a licence and recreate the issue. Then post that log. 

_SLS_LicenceUtil.pex

13 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Sounds like something is wrong with your slaverun install. SLS asks slaverun itself is a town enslaved but this function didn't exist in slaverun in previous versions. Ie: it's not SLS that's determining that a town is enslaved. So I'd say reinstall slaverun, make sure nothing is over writing its files, start a new game and test again. I know this part of SLS works because you're using the same settings I use. 

Unfortunately the problem is probably baked into your save so I'd only test on a new game. 

Okay, I reinstalled Slaverun, nothing is overwriting it as far as Mod Organizer can tell, and I started a new game. However, auto start Slaverun is still disabled in the MCM.

11 minutes ago, genericlogin said:

Okay, I reinstalled Slaverun, nothing is overwriting it as far as Mod Organizer can tell, and I started a new game. However, auto start Slaverun is still disabled in the MCM.

Is hard core mode enabled? That's only thing I can think of at this stage.

If not post, a log of opening the mcm to the slaverun settings. 

50 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Is hard core mode enabled? That's only thing I can think of at this stage.

If not post, a log of opening the mcm to the slaverun settings. 

When I reloaded the save to check, I found that the auto start Slaverun control was now enabled. I guess reinstalling actually did fix the problem, and it initially being disabled was part of the general new game strangeness (like the way some MCM menus don't show up until you quit and reload).

Sleeping in 'Easy beds' has a chance to send you on a DCL bondage adventure or DCLs hogtied game. Currently, this only applied to the companions beds, your student bed at the College of Winterhold and your bed in the thieves guild. Just consider it as the guild members hazing the new girl. Can be disabled. 

Where is the control to disable it? I went searching through all the MCM menus, but couldn't find it...

I just arrived at the falmer and troll scene where NPC, Fang, supervised the playable character. There's no animation during the scene just the PC walks into the cell and pink aura lights up around. Is it supposed to be that way or did I miss something? 
Can I ignore it? Will it affect the gameplay?

1 hour ago, aniqe said:

I just arrived at the falmer and troll scene where NPC, Fang, supervised the playable character. There's no animation during the scene just the PC walks into the cell and pink aura lights up around. Is it supposed to be that way or did I miss something? 

You may be posting about the wrong mod.

It sounds like you have a problem with Slaverun Reloaded there, not SexLab Survival.

7 hours ago, poopoopuh said:

I don't know why I took so long to download this. Fantastic work, monoman!

7 hours ago, aniqe said:

Yea this sounds like slaverun. 

Not to be unkind, but general rule of thumb with slaverun is save before doing something. 

4 hours ago, Dawndrake said:

I just turned on the Thaneship Random option for licenses and was surprised that it only gave me one licensee - The bikini one. I was thinking that it would restrict my armors but not my weapon and magic access or atleast one of them.

/Snarky

You expected random to not be random? :P

/Snarky

Why not go with Thaneship Choice if you have some particular order in your head.