On 7/13/2021 at 6:51 AM, tuxagent7 said:

Hope you post it here in LL also, i dont really want to register again to other mods sites.

Lol getting old and having a hard time remembering all my passwords :P

I will post the announcements here like before. But, the actual mod will only be available at moddingham.com

I need a site that is less adult-focused to host at because there are non-adult uses for AAF (posing for screenshots, etc.).

20 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I will post the announcements here like before. But, the actual mod will only be available at moddingham.com

I need a site that is less adult-focused to host at because there are non-adult uses for AAF (posing for screenshots, etc.).

Makes sense. There are people avoiding LL for its adult oriented nature, so they can download AAF from moddingham. And also uploading to multiple sites can be cumbersome.

Edited by Hanaxar
On 7/13/2021 at 11:23 PM, wutpickel said:

Though i am more paranoid

On 7/13/2021 at 4:01 PM, Hanaxar said:

google handles all for me

I think i may be more paranoid than i think i am

I dont want a internet browser taking care of my password and for the password manager if my master passwords is found then every password is open.

I know that finding the master may take ten years or so to find but i need to read more on the subject

Thanks for the suggestions !  I am looking also at something like a ubikey

On 7/15/2021 at 12:53 AM, dagobaking said:

And here I am sitting thinking by myself "do I really have to sign up to just another site?" Why not upload a copy here if you are planning to post announcements and stuff? I am not a modder but is it so much extra work?

On 7/16/2021 at 2:59 AM, Felloutof said:

And here I am sitting thinking by myself "do I really have to sign up to just another site?" Why not upload a copy here if you are planning to post announcements and stuff? I am not a modder but is it so much extra work?

I gave the reason for needing another site in the same post you quoted.

Is signing up to another site so much extra work?

On 7/16/2021 at 3:03 AM, ninja123superxl said:

Idk why but the GUI keeps overlaying it self. When i click enter it get worse. Idk how to solve the issue. I tried joining the discord but the link doe sent work. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

1. ScreenShot0.png.2a0cb2c32fa70e223d6bf1a0bc09002e.png

I think someone would need to see a GFV report of your build to figure this one out. Does the link to discord in my signature work?

Edited by dagobaking
1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Counter-question, this could go all day long ?

It's not at all. The site's quite empty but it's also brand new so that's ok.

What I don't like is the missing of Privacy Police, Terms Of Use and the standard options like proper contact informations or unregister. Makes it look not very trustworthy ?

(As my last message unintentionaly triggers you that much I would like to stress out that this is a friendly advice and a try to help you building up the site, no critic.)

With the updated list of proposed changes made to Nexus's original "An important notice and our future plans for collections" post, is there any chance you'll go back to Nexus or is that bridge burned?  I understand why so many of mod creators got pissed at Nexus, but a lot of the issues seemed to be addressed.   It's just seems like there is no consensus among the author community about where to go so now us mod users have to scour many different unheard of sites just to try and hope we find a mod we're looking for.

Edited by SInner87
32 minutes ago, SInner87 said:

I understand why so many of mod creators got pissed at Nexus, but a lot of the issues seemed to be addressed.

The elephant in the room was not addressed at all. Its still there and that's why authors leave.

1 hour ago, Mauserl said:

The elephant in the room was not addressed at all. Its still there and that's why authors leave.

My understanding was the main issue authors had was that they wouldn't be able to delete their own mods thus taking control way from them .   They have since reversed their decision on this and will continue to let authors actually delete their own mods and not just archive them.  

16 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

Where did you read that ?

I stand corrected.  I read a proposed change by a community member(someone with no authority) and not a community manager(someone with authority) and noticed my mistake when looking up the source.   What the guy posted made a lot of sense including what Nexus is doing could be illegal under EU law, but im not sure on that part seeing as I live in N. America

9 hours ago, Felloutof said:

Counter-question, this could go all day long ?

It's not at all. The site's quite empty but it's also brand new so that's ok.

What I don't like is the missing of Privacy Police, Terms Of Use and the standard options like proper contact informations or unregister. Makes it look not very trustworthy ?

(As my last message unintentionaly triggers you that much I would like to stress out that this is a friendly advice and a try to help you building up the site, no critic.)

I will add those policies. The reason I did not start with them right away is that I was unsure whether or not other mod authors would want to join me at the site and help develop that type of thing. If it is to grow in that way, I am hoping to do that with a group and apply their input instead of just starting with my ideas.

That said, it seems like those policies have a lot more to do with users that would upload something (ie. authors). What privacy/term concerns does someone have who is simply going there to download a mod?

I also disagree that your previous advice can be construed as "friendly". Your point was obviously that you think mod authors should post their work in multiple places to make it more convenient for you. And you made this point with disregard for the explanation already given.

9 hours ago, SInner87 said:

With the updated list of proposed changes made to Nexus's original "An important notice and our future plans for collections" post, is there any chance you'll go back to Nexus or is that bridge burned?  I understand why so many of mod creators got pissed at Nexus, but a lot of the issues seemed to be addressed.   It's just seems like there is no consensus among the author community about where to go so now us mod users have to scour many different unheard of sites just to try and hope we find a mod we're looking for.

As you discovered, Nexus has not adequately addressed the problem. But, it's a fair question. IF Nexus does backtrack (I think they will eventually) will I go back to hosting there? Too early to guarantee anything. But I don't think so. I think there are many mod authors that will agree that Nexus has a lot of other issues beyond the deletion thing. That was just the straw that broke the camels back.

I don't expect or want Nexus to disappear. I just think they had/have too much of a monopoly on mod content. So, it will be healthier for the community over-all to have mods in more places. Many games like Sims, Total War, Civilization already have more options and their communities benefit from it.

Edited by dagobaking
On 7/15/2021 at 4:38 PM, tuxagent7 said:

I think i may be more paranoid than i think i am

I dont want a internet browser taking care of my password and for the password manager if my master passwords is found then every password is open.

I know that finding the master may take ten years or so to find but i need to read more on the subject

Thanks for the suggestions !  I am looking also at something like a ubikey

Off subject, however, you can use Keypass (google it) it is an open source password and such manager. It uses heavy (proper) encryption and you only need one password to rule them all. I have been using it for some time.  I use Google docs to distribute it to my various devices and keep all those devices updated. It has been good for me, however, if you want to go an extra step you can just keep it on an external usb drive and upload it yourself to various devices but it requires a bit more understanding on how to update it on those devices. not hard but  a bit of an extra step.  I have hundreds and hundreds of various passwords, I have put various other info like software keys and such there as well.  I am a bit paranoid as well so I have separate ones for my various online profiles ;)  that combined with two factor authentication for Google  and I am pretty much set. (can't access Google without that or at least not easily)  Sorry for the slight derail of the subject, now back to your regularly scheduled program.. :P

On 7/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, dagobaking said:

I think someone would need to see a GFV report of your build to figure this one out. Does the link to discord in my signature work?

Nope, also i just made a new save and it works.

Screenshot 2021-07-19 160635.png

On 7/18/2021 at 8:48 AM, SInner87 said:

My understanding was the main issue authors had was that they wouldn't be able to delete their own mods thus taking control way from them .   They have since reversed their decision on this and will continue to let authors actually delete their own mods and not just archive them.  

GOD what a shit shamble..

New AAF Build Released - Beta 164

Available here: https://www.moddingham.com/discussion/11/advanced-animation-framework-aaf

## [Beta 164] - 2021-7-13
### Added
- Expression mode. Gives basic ability to customize an actors expression through the GUI. Planning to add incrementing by 10 and export features.
- Updated LLFP (v41).
- morph_buffer setting. Experimental setting that adds a delay between morph changes to potentially make them work more reliably.
- RemoveOverlaySet function to API. Allows directly removing an overlaySet via Papyrus. See docs.

### Fixed
- AAF hanging at 68% randomly. Thanks to niston for the solution.
- Duplicate Equipment Manager UI when multiple scenes going.
- Multiple scenes changing position at the same time.
- Display Name stability in some contexts. Thanks to niston for the solution.

---

## [Beta 163] - 2021-1-21
### Fixed
- Attraction profile only generated when Actor loaded into AAF. Now generates it when needed if called first via Papyrus.
- equipment reset not working after a non-reset re-equip.
- equipment being reEquipped after it is removed manually if it had been handled by AAF previously.

### Added
- Feminine variations of text in attraction elements of UI. For languages that include gendered words.

---

## [Beta 162] - 2021-1-18
### Added
- The beginnings of an attraction system. This creates an attraction profile for every Actor (generated whenever the profile is first needed) that is a set of random numbers indicating how much they are attracted to certain qualities (strength, wealth, intelligence, etc). Then that actors attraction score toward any other actor can be calculated based on how well their stats align with the observing actors attraction profile.

I am creating this initial iteration with 8 recognized qualities (agility, charisma, experience, intelligence, luck, perception, strength, wealth) but I plan to add more over time (faction relationships, etc). I also plan to make at least some of the system configurable via XML.
- Attraction indicator in the GUI (wizard). This will show the Actors attraction to you (the PC) as you browse them in the scene creation wizard. It also will sometimes give you a hint about what you can improve about your character to increase your attraction to them.
- GetAttraction to the API. This allows mod authors to use the attraction system in a way that is in sync with what is shown in the GUI. You can use this in Papyrus to get the attraction score for any actor to any other (see wiki for usage info).

On 7/13/2021 at 1:45 PM, maddadicusrex said:

Will that be our only option for updates then?

Downloads from Patreon and Discord are also available, though that's generally just been for interim test releases, I think.

On 7/13/2021 at 1:45 PM, maddadicusrex said:

Not even an LL presence?

That's how it's been for quite a while now. The recent change to the LL page simply switched from a download link for Nexus to a download link for Moddingham.

2 minutes ago, jpee1965 said:

Hi! Do we simply overwrite the existing install with the update or do we clean save or something?

Uninstall the old version completely, then install the new version and answer the relevant questions in its FOMOD installer menu again. The next time you start the game you should get the AAF Installed pop-up when loading any prior save.