I'm sure there's going to be a flood of questions here, but will this update cause incompatibility issues with any other mods? Do other mods depend on the exact version of AAF or will it not matter? Just being careful because it seems like F4 mods are extremely delicate and get broken by any update to anything.

14 minutes ago, Vidust said:

I'm sure there's going to be a flood of questions here, but will this update cause incompatibility issues with any other mods? Do other mods depend on the exact version of AAF or will it not matter? Just being careful because it seems like F4 mods are extremely delicate and get broken by any update to anything.

Ā 

The only significant case of this in recent history was with the abruptStop parameter added to the StopScene function in 151, and then reverted in 157 a month later. Any scripts making use of StopScene and compiled against AAF versions 151-156 won't work properly with AAF versions outside that range and vice versa. In general, AAF is very careful about backward compatibility, which is a big part of why that one got reverted fairly quickly once it became apparent it was a problem for some existing mods. I've been using 163 for many months with no problem, and while I've not had time to run it thoroughly yet 164 has only a handful of commits on top of that, so I wouldn't expect any significant incompatibilities. But like with any complex software, there's always opportunity for unexpected behaviors. If you encounter a bug, report it, and that way it can be fixed in future releases.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Ā 

It seems like requiring username and password at mod hosting sites is the norm. Isn't it?

Loverslab is a mod hosting. And giving a link from it to another hosting mod is wrong. This is the promotion of another resource at the expense of LL. The link should lead to the mod file itself.

2 hours ago, feodor.icon said:

Loverslab is a mod hosting. And giving a link from it to another hosting mod is wrong. This is the promotion of another resource at the expense of LL. The link should lead to the mod file itself.

That is a moderators call, not yours. Dago has been a longtime member of this forum and Contributor carries some weight...

As I updated my version to that of 164 I had a problem that its not showing the menu right. Not sure it isĀ something I missed in the setup or a conflict whit any other mod.Ā  Did a clean setup for this one and ran LOOT afterwards and it did not show any conflicts.

Edit: Tried a new game and its still the sameBug1.png.ee3e2c800b01be453b9d2804a8ce9597.png

Edited by Icefish77
19 minutes ago, Icefish77 said:

As I updated my version to that of 164 I had a problem that its not showing the menu right. Not sure it isĀ something I missed in the setup or a conflict whit any other mod.Ā  Did a clean setup for this one and ran LOOT afterwards and it did not show any conflicts.

Edit: Tried a new game and its still the sameBug1.png.ee3e2c800b01be453b9d2804a8ce9597.png

TRY TO REINSTALL AAF......!

5 hours ago, feodor.icon said:

Ā 

Strange that you're only pointing this out now.Ā  AAF has been hosted on Nexus for over three years, and the Loverslab page has always just provided a link to that.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:15 PM, dagobaking said:

Ā 

I will add those policies. The reason I did not start with them right away is that I was unsure whether or not other mod authors would want to join me at the site and help develop that type of thing. If it is to grow in that way, I am hoping to do that with a group and apply their input instead of just starting with my ideas.

Ā 

That said, it seems like those policies have a lot more to do with users that would upload something (ie. authors). What privacy/term concerns does someone have who is simply going there to download a mod?

Ā 

I also disagree that your previous advice can be construed as "friendly". Your point was obviously that you think mod authors should post their work in multiple places to make it more convenient for you. And you made this point with disregard for the explanation already given.

Ā 

I'm very sorry that you took it that way, cause this was never my intention. As english is not my mother-tounge I might sometimes not be able to put the words the way I want them to sound. Or they just sound different in my head.

However, I think your post wasn't very friendly either. Sorry that this went from 0 to 100 and let's just leave this off-topic-minefield.

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Strange that you're only pointing this out now.Ā  AAF has been hosted on Nexus for over three years, and the Loverslab page has always just provided a link to that.

I just wanted a simple link to download the file. But if you are interested in my opinion, then it is as follows:
all mod hosting makes an exception for links to Nexus, but others are usually blocked. If LL doesn't see a problem, then who am I to object?
And further. I was controversial with the author of the mod, with no one else.

6 hours ago, Icefish77 said:

That is what I did.... but whit no beter results

if it makes you feelĀ better, I had the exact same resultĀ when I tried 1.64.

Ā 

Harassment, violate, hardship, SEU, and AAF prostitution ALL stopped working after the change to 1.64, and I could NOTĀ Ā start and scene manually.Ā 

Ā 

Removed 1.64, re-downloaded and reinstalled to the same affect.Ā 

Ā 

Removed 1.64 again. Redownload and re-install to the same effect.

Ā 

Restored 1.61 from back up, and everything works.Ā 

Ā 

REdownloaded 1.64,

Ā 

Removed 1.61,

Ā 

installed 1.64, nothing works.Ā 

Ā 

removed 1.64 and now back to 1.61 (and everything working)Ā 

Ā 

So, its not just you.. :PĀ 

7 hours ago, Icefish77 said:

That is what I did.... but whit no beter results

Ā 

1 hour ago, nitemares said:

Ā 

All of those things are working fine for me with 164 (as they were with 163 and earlier). Both of you, look at your debug logs and post specific error messages rather than blindly reinstalling and hoping magic will intervene on your behalf.

Ā 

Or better yet, go ask on the AAF Discord, you're more likely to get quality assistance there in a timely manner.

Edited by vaultbait
36 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Ā 

Ā 

All of those things are working fine for me with 1.64 (as they were with 1.63 and earlier). Both of you, look at your debug logs and post specific error messages rather than blindly reinstalling and hoping magic will intervene on your behalf.

Ā 

Or better yet, go ask on the AAF Discord, you're more likely to get quality assistance there in a timely manner.

Glad they are working for you.Ā 

Sadly, I have found with some mods that its your total mod load and order that makes the difference, and even what you think are totally unrelated mods, actually interact in surprising ways and create conflicts... That neither mod(s) authors thought could or would happen.Ā 

Ā 

Looking at a Debug log is great and all.. IF there is info to be had. (debug logs are where I start). Sadly in this case, there IS nothing to report, as AAF "thinks" its working correctly (but clearly is not for us).Ā 

Ā 

Finally, I can not use Discord.Ā 

Ā 

Discord has asked that I stop using their product while my lawsuit for "Breech of Public Trust" (Selling the meta-dataĀ of Minors) is currently before the Canadian courts.

Ā 

Ā 

This is why I keep back ups of working copies of "framework" mods. More then once an author has changed something, that in turn causes issues other mods.Ā 

Case in point:Ā Workshop Framework put out an update a patches ago to speed up building lag, but the update in turn also locked me out of the "Homebuilder" mod. It took a while for WSFW to patch in a fix, but that left me with either auto CTD anywhere I used a "homebuilder" item, or to roll back WSFW until a patch came out.

Ā 

Sometimes its just easier to roll back and continue on, then spend countless hours trying to solve an issue you MAY NEVER solve.Ā 

Its all where yourĀ level of "headache tolerance" is. And with FO4, for me, that's pretty damn low. (after having to reinstall FO4 and all my mods multiple times)Ā 

Edited by nitemares

Having an issue where my character doesn't remove all clothing during animations, yes I am using clothing mods, has anyone else had this issue or knows a fix? Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. Thanks

1 hour ago, nitemares said:

Ā 

Harassment, violate, hardship, SEU, and AAF prostitution ALL stopped working after the change to 1.64, and I could NOTĀ Ā start and scene manually.Ā 

Ā 

Removed 1.64, re-downloaded and reinstalled to the same affect.Ā 

Ā 

Removed 1.64 again. Redownload and re-install to the same effect.

Ā 

Restored 1.61 from back up, and everything works.Ā 

Ā 

REdownloaded 1.64,

Ā 

Removed 1.61,

Ā 

installed 1.64, nothing works.Ā 

Ā 

removed 1.64 and now back to 1.61 (and everything working)Ā 

Ā 

So, its not just you.. :PĀ 

I do not use AAF beyond 147 at this time because the new configuration messes with one of my favorite animation authors. No ones fault, author moved on while AAF KEPT IMPROVING. But every now and then I will upload the latest AAF just to check if my setup is still sound. Each time I do, AAF loads up fine, including 161 nd 164. I do not use Buffout or UAP. My choice and no consequences...But AAF works fine.

15 minutes ago, kcs27 said:

Having an issue where my character doesn't remove all clothing during animations, yes I am using clothing mods, has anyone else had this issue or knows a fix? Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. Thanks

When you downloaded AAF , DID YOU CHECK OFF the proper remove all clothing box? Also some of the Patches have their own timedĀ settingsĀ for undress and redress that may conflict.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Ā 

Ā 

All of those things are working fine for me with 1.64 (as they were with 1.63 and earlier). Both of you, look at your debug logs and post specific error messages rather than blindly reinstalling and hoping magic will intervene on your behalf.

Part of my problem is I do not get any error messages either through debug logs or otherwise. I can how ever start animations but the control menus are all in jibbirish

Ā 

Edit : isn't there supose to be aĀ mcm menu?

Edited by Icefish77
9 minutes ago, Icefish77 said:

Ā isn't there supose to be aĀ mcm menu?

Ā 

No, configuration is via the FOMOD installer menu, an INI file and, optionally, XML data.

Ā 

25 minutes ago, Icefish77 said:

the control menus are all in jibbirish

Ā 

Can you maybe post a screen shot? That description is far too vague for anyone to reasonably attempt a guess as to what has gone wrong with your UI.

Ā 

31 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I do not use AAF beyond 147 at this time because the new configuration messes with one of my favorite animation authors.

Ā 

Which animation pack? I'm using pretty much all of them and the only one I patch is Leito's (using SLP). Just curious if there's one I'm missing, or whether my tolerance for problems is simply a lot higher than most.

Ā 

46 minutes ago, nitemares said:

Looking at a Debug log is great and all.. IF there is info to be had. (debug logs are where I start). Sadly in this case, there IS nothing to report, as AAF "thinks" its working correctly (but clearly is not for us).Ā 

Ā 

AAF should at least log something during startup if you turn on debug logging to the screen in its INI file or via the FOMOD installer menu. I would suggest checking your installation with AAF_GFV.exe, but the only place I know of it being distributed presently is on the AAF Discord. Maybe CG! can be convinced to start uploading a copy of that to Moddingham as well at some point.

Ā 

Edit: Also I can't find where you've actually explained what problems you're encountering beyond saying that things "don't work" (which isn't a lot to go on really). If you do want to get to the bottom of the issue, then a lot more detail is going to be needed.

Edited by vaultbait
59 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Ā 

Ā 

Can you maybe post a screen shot? That description is far too vague for anyone to reasonably attempt a guess as to what has gone wrong with your UI.

Ā 

Ā 

Which animation pack? I'm using pretty much all of them and the only one I patch is Leito's (using SLP). Just curious if there's one I'm missing, or whether my tolerance for problems is simply a lot higher than most.

Ā 

Ā 

AAF should at least log something during startup if you turn on debug logging to the screen in its INI file or via the FOMOD installer menu. I would suggest checking your installation with AAF_GFV.exe, but the only place I know of it being distributed presently is on the AAF Discord. Maybe CG! can be convinced to start uploading a copy of that to Moddingham as well at some point.

Ā 

Edit: Also I can't find where you've actually explained what problems you're encountering beyond saying that things "don't work" (which isn't a lot to go on really). If you do want to get to the bottom of the issue, then a lot more detail is going to be needed.

You can call me kinky, but I am a fan of BP70 Footplay and Foot Cycling animations. Unfortuately they are timed to have the soles meet at point A and line up to complete pose. AAF147 and older does that, AAF154 and after speeds them up just enough to throw them and others out of alignment. I liken the new AAF to be on steroids. BP70 also reconfigured his mods to adjust to the new AAF but missed some of his mechanically clunkier animations. Problem is I like a bunch of the new features in AAF 164.Ā 

Edited by maddadicusrex
1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

When you downloaded AAF , DID YOU CHECK OFF the proper remove all clothing box? Also some of the Patches have their own timedĀ settingsĀ for undress and redress that may conflict.

Yes I checked remove everything.