5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Are you able to reproduce that behavior? Maybe by pressing the return key twice in rapid succession?

I'm guessing that is what happened, I will try that out again in a while, trying something else at the moment.

GuruSR.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:40 AM, CrowDeadRose said:

Where does one put AAF_equipmentSetData.xml? Consider me an idiot, but I can't figure out anything.. Just issue after Error glitches after crash, I'm about to just quit all together.. No idea IF my problems can be fixed. Tried almost everything.

Error.png

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner. The AAF_EquipmentSetData.xml goes in the AAF folder, with all the other xml files. Have you edited the file yourself? I still use this file and it loads with both AAF 161.1b and the former AAF 107.1 that I currently use. The format of the xml is critical, and one character element out of place will cause AAF to complain about bad formatting. I suggest you start be commenting out the contents of the file with  '<!--'  before the file header and '-->' at the end Ignore the single quotes (If there are comments already in the xml, comment tags do not nest - see below). Load the game see if AAF throws a bad formatting error. If not, proceed by moving the '<!--' down past the header and try again, until you find the cause of the error. A keen eye is very imporant to find formatting errors. One character missing or out of place will cause bad formatting errors, so be careful. You can use this method to debug all xml files for errors.  

Tips:

header.jpg.d82dd8112f7b24a7bbe17858b5fdecad.jpg

You will see the end of the comment tag is just before the cursor mark '|' These tags do not nest, so the following example will throw a formatting error.

681729378_Commenttagsdonotnest.jpg.24505d36fd0e5855305b1ceaa0d350c1.jpg

The above is an example nesting comment tags and this is bad.

Hope this helps, and you get your AAF to load as it should.

P.S. As additional help, here is my current AAF_EquipmentSetData.xml file that loads without issue. If you change anything, make a note of the changes, should you get bad formatting issues in future. I have also include comments on the relevance of the conditions I use so you can customize them for your own requirement.

AAF_equipmentSetData.xml

Well, I guess it had to happen eventually.......AAF no longer opens the wizard.

Dunno why. Tried several different saves, tried fast travel, nothing seems to get it to open.

Don't have alot of mods installed, either......Very spartan installation.

:bawling:

Gonna try to roll back to a previous version of AAF.

EDIT: Tried the various xml's posted. NONE OF THEM WORKED. Sorry guys!

:bawling:

Rolling back to a previous version failed......I cannot open the wizard & create a scene. I will delete more saves & see if I can get it working. This is crazy!!

:flushed:

6 hours ago, iskruel said:

AAF's log shows that AAF does not go past "Processing: animations". How can I find out why it's doing this? The Papyrus log doesn't show anything related to this.

There's an AAF_GFV.exe tool (AAF Game Files Verifier) available from the downloads on the AAF Discord. That should check your installation to at least make sure AAF itself is sane. Then try just starting with a single animation pack and see if your game starts up. If you're still having trouble, take a look at this guide (and if that's not enough, ask on one of the help channels in the AAF Discord):

On 26.03.2021 at 20:09, VonHelton said:

ОБНОВИТЬ:

Получил снова работать. Удален мод Ufberth, мод Silverperv и несколько модов оружия, и, наконец, он снова заработал.

:невиновный:

Я много раз писал что эти два мода не дают нормально работать ААФ  !!!!

13 hours ago, serhiodrubuzan said:

Я много раз писал что эти два мода не дают нормально работать ААФ  !!!!

......and you are correct. I also got rid of RSE, since it's for an older version of AAF & doesn't play nice with other AAF mods.

:exclamation:

After updating AAF to the latest version, I had the issue some previous posters were having with the supposed bad XML formatting, though the error referred to a different file. I thought I had removed all mods relating to AAF but, as it turned out, this was caused by a leftover source file from the previous AAF version that hadn't been removed completely (probably due to using a mix of manual and obsolete manager installation). Hope this helps narrow down your culprits.

Is it possible to disable the [AAF xx%] notification upon loading a savegame? I have found the option in settings.ini that removes the icon when scanning, but I would also like to get rid of the percentage notification when loading a savegame.

12 hours ago, mainfct said:

After updating AAF to the latest version, I had the issue some previous posters were having with the supposed bad XML formatting, though the error referred to a different file. I thought I had removed all mods relating to AAF but, as it turned out, this was caused by a leftover source file from the previous AAF version that hadn't been removed completely (probably due to using a mix of manual and obsolete manager installation). Hope this helps narrow down your culprits.

BINGO......

As I've said all along, MO & Vortex don't always remove old files when you uninstall a mod.

AAF and Beast Races.....

I have been trying out the Lupine Race mod on Nexus. It attaches beast foot meshes via Looksmenu Skin option. Problem is when in AAF sex scene, AAF removes those add on feet for human ones. Is there a fix for that? I want to still remove shoes and clothing, but want to keep my beast feet. NPCS work fine. Just my character. Thanks..

On 4/1/2021 at 4:50 AM, mainfct said:

Could you share which file caused it? Cause I seem to try everything and nothing works. Always that bad formatting message :(

On 4/1/2021 at 1:41 AM, mindgame said:

Is it possible to disable the [AAF xx%] notification upon loading a savegame? I have found the option in settings.ini that removes the icon when scanning, but I would also like to get rid of the percentage notification when loading a savegame.

No. Part of what it's measuring is progress loading the settings.ini.

Good morning all

I ask my question here because after a lot of trying and help from people here (thanks to them!) I still have the same problem.

male pnj erections (regardless of race and animation pack) in animations work randomly.

example: the animation x starts and the, either the erection (s) of the pnj (s) work or do not work and, if I change via the aaf interface and that I return to the animation from the beginning the erection (s) work then if the animation changes (staged) where the erections may or may not work, it's totally random !!!

please help me it's driving me crazy.

for info I use looksmenu 1.6.18 because I know that v19 and 20 have problems and following a tip I deactivated the plugin ErectionFix_SilverPerv.esp (aaf creatures resources)

cordially

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 8:28 PM, maddadicusrex said:

AAF and Beast Races.....

I have been trying out the Lupine Race mod on Nexus. It attaches beast foot meshes via Looksmenu Skin option. Problem is when in AAF sex scene, AAF removes those add on feet for human ones. Is there a fix for that? I want to still remove shoes and clothing, but want to keep my beast feet. NPCS work fine. Just my character. Thanks..

Yes. You have to manually comment out feet in the clothing removal file. You should keep your feet after that.

:thumbsup:

I have the issue after updating "This XML file has bad formatting and could not be parsed: AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml" Tried EVERYTHING to disable this and re installed it all from step by step guide. Still getting it. Anyone got a solution? Because it's already frustrating and getting ridiculous

2 hours ago, RoadG said:

I have the issue after updating "This XML file has bad formatting and could not be parsed: AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml" Tried EVERYTHING to disable this and re installed it all from step by step guide. Still getting it. Anyone got a solution? Because it's already frustrating and getting ridiculous

Post a list of mods you are using. I don't have this problem.