Should I switch from oldrim to SE

1 hour ago, nemocdt said:

Absolutely, 100%

No one is saying that SE is bad. Read my words again:

7 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

Really SE is more stable.

But only because can access to more memory and support in a better way the aberrations.

Special Edition is much better than Legendary Edition, simply because it is 64-bit and has DirectX 11. In addition, ESL's are fantastic and replace the problematic Merges of LE. I have seen many games with problems caused by poorly done merges.

Simply, we are saying that, today, LE is stable as a rock.
We had a lot of problems with LE in 2012 and 2013 because of the damn memory blocks. Until Sheson discovered how to expand them in 2014 and that was like magic for us. But it wasn't enough because we always want more. And when Crash Fixes was published in 2016 with its wonderful OsAlocators, all the problems were over.

That was more than three years ago but people still have the same ideas repeating the same thing they said 3, 4, 5 and 6 years ago:
"Skyrim is a crap bucket, it does CTD continuously, the only way to play is to remove mods and remove script and still risk having a CTD at any time."

All these problems disappeared more than three years ago.
Please, I think it's time to stop shit about the best game ever made.

1 hour ago, nemocdt said:

if you can stabilize your own LE you can build an SE that will absolutely blow your mind. 

too bad the physics framework sucks, the post processing is utter ass and Bethesda can't stop monetizing the fuck out of it and break SKSE every other week.

16 minutes ago, 27X said:

too bad the physics framework sucks, the post processing is utter ass and Bethesda can't stop monetizing the fuck out of it and break SKSE every other week.

smp works fine, i got coshd, floppy balls, boobs, belly, heels, hair, armors.

try moving your game folder like everyone else. 

I've been thinking about switching to SE, but these constant mod-breaking updates are freaking me out. I would accept that if those updates actually updated/improved the game, but they just add useless crap to CC. Seriously, why Bethesda does that? I'm sure they could update it in a way that doesn't break mods -_-

The thing that makes me lean toward SE is that at least some of the BeyondSkyrim mods will be available only on SE.

I still have both SE and LE installed.  But my LE game is so old now (not crazy about starting from scratch all over again with LE) especially after starting fresh installs of both Fallout 4 (for AAF and latest version of game and F4SE) and SE (redoing SE all over again to correct my mistakes the first time around as well as updating to the latest version of SKSE64 and the game itself) 

I have pretty much every one of my favorite LE mods installed (mostly converted) in my SE game now, all of them work except for Deviously Enslaved (MCM won't appear despite installing several different versions of that mod and save cleaning each step of the way)   I could start from scratch with LE, but with 64 bit and better non ENB graphics, I'm more than content to stay with SE. 

Someday I MIGHT do a fresh install of LE.  But not anytime soon cause fresh installs are a pain in the ass in terms of time and effort not to mention the occasional troubleshooting.  THe only thing I might change with SE is upgrading to FNIS XXL to accommodate all those animation but I'm leery of CTD's and slow loading of animations. 

Do people lie when they say they have smooth Skyrim LE ?

I have LE and SE, but comparing them is like day and night, no matter what settings or fix mods i change/install, for Skyrim LE stutters and frame drops are always there, choopy, not even talking about FPS heavy places.

SE is different, smooth you can say everywhere, even with ULTRA ENB's, and that's the main thing i like most in SE.

Also noticed, some top modders when talks/gives advice about stutters, they use words like "reduce", "less"... but nowhere "smooth".

Now if my Skyrim LE would be smooth, i probably wouldn't even care about SE.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:11 PM, Terrarium said:

I've been thinking about switching to SE, but these constant mod-breaking updates are freaking me out. I would accept that if those updates actually updated/improved the game, but they just add useless crap to CC. Seriously, why Bethesda does that? I'm sure they could update it in a way that doesn't break mods -_-

The thing that makes me lean toward SE is that at least some of the BeyondSkyrim mods will be available only on SE.

You can avoid updates by firing up the game with SKSE, and/or using a mod manager that does so, and setting Skyrim SE to "update on start" only (i.e. so that it updates only when you fire up the game with its normal launcher, which will be never if you're using SKSE).  Then you can update at will when the SKSE people, and all the people who depend on them, have caught up to a later version of the game.

On 9/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, MazeRunn3r said:

I have LE and SE, but comparing them is like day and night, no matter what settings or fix mods i change/install, for Skyrim LE stutters and frame drops are always there, choopy, not even talking about FPS heavy places.

SE is different, smooth you can say everywhere, even with ULTRA ENB's, and that's the main thing i like most in SE.

Also noticed, some top modders when talks/gives advice about stutters, they use words like "reduce", "less"... but nowhere "smooth".

Your SE is not stuttering because SE enbs arent that fps heavy as LE. If you setup memory patches correctly and your enb local ini, I have no stutters with rudy enb with gtx1070 and i7 8700

On 9/20/2019 at 3:19 PM, MazeRunn3r said:

I wouldn't call it "lie", it's just some people being more sensitive to FPS and lag spikes than others.

I can easily feel a difference between 60 fps and 57 fps, and getting less than 50 makes the game almost unplayable to me. I couldn't imaging playing at 25 fps as many LE ENB users do.

And I always couldn't help but notice every lag spike every time I've crossed a cell border in LE. Most of the time it was bearable, but riding a horse was a torture. "Hick!"  - we've crossed a cell border. "Hick!" - here goes another one...

6 hours ago, phillout said:

And I always couldn't help but notice every lag spike every time I've crossed a cell border in LE. Most of the time it was bearable, but riding a horse was a torture. "Hick!"  - we've crossed a cell border. "Hick!" - here goes another one...

Exactly this. My longest unmodded playthrough was in SE, getting used to LE (even unmodded LE) was hard for me for this very reason. I'm not talking about stability or better FPS, just the smoothes of how it plays does so much.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the bug in SMP that lags weapons out of synchronization with the body, I would be back on SE in a second.

I tried switching when SSE came out and immediately went back to LE because it looked horrible and mod support was not there. But i recently tried SSE again and i am very pleased now. Lots of mods have been converted, there are even some SSE only mods that are great and with all the ENB features, it looks just as good as LE. Also, i can import my old character into the new racemenu now. But the best thing about SSE for me is that the frame times are better, so the gameplay feels way smoother at the same framerate.

1 hour ago, icancount said:

Basically the title, i'd like to waste my time hunting for mods but im not sure which has a better catalogue/modding options

both work, but SLE still has some mods that SSE does not*, the big thing is that the CrapClub updates keep killing SKSE.

*but also note that some SLE mods will work in SSE without any porting work needed (most of the time only meshes & some textures need porting, esp & script files will usually work as they are).

3 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

both work, but SLE still has some mods that SSE does not*, the big thing is that the CrapClub updates keep killing SKSE.

*but also note that some SLE mods will work in SSE without any porting work needed.

Then if i may ask, are there any beginners guide/ mod lists for SLE? I've installed some mods off the Skyrim SE for beginners post from Aylis on my SE but the thing thats confusing me a lot right now is when i install some other mods i tend to get the overwrite options for a bunch of shit and not sure what to overwrite and what not to overwrite, at this point i have files from CBBE and UNP installed that just keep overwriting it each to the point i have no idea whats installed right now CBBE or UNP, thanks btw mate

1 minute ago, MadMansGun said:

well for the basic frameworks there's this:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3524-sexlab-more-nasty-critters-install-guide/

and only use CBBE or UNPB, not both, you can't have both (i'm using UNPB at this time)

Then you mind me asking if theres any alternative to Sexlab Tools for SE version? i still have no idea how to change between scenes other than the ZAZ random scenes