Should I switch from oldrim to SE

Im only playing on SE because its more stable. my oldrim crashed a lot and thats because i had so many mods, 250 min. SE i only have about 160 right now, but ive never crashed once.

Im want to go back to oldrim though. I miss the mods i had.

1 hour ago, Elethia said:

Im only playing on SE because its more stable. my oldrim crashed a lot and thats because i had so many mods, 250 min. SE i only have about 160 right now, but ive never crashed once.

Im want to go back to oldrim though. I miss the mods i had.

I also switched to SE because the original crashed a lot.  As for the Skyim LE mods.  You can easily port them to SE.  For meshes use the Nif Optimizer from nexus, then open the Creation Kit for SE and resave the plugin.  There you converted the mod.  Other mods that only have an esp all you have to do is resave in the Creation Kit for SE.  For example a long time ago about two years ago I ported one of my favorite mods from LE.  It was called "Enhanced Skyrim Factions: The Companions",  I loaded the mod in the SE CK and resaved and never had a problem with it to this day.  It works perfectly.  It is super easy.

1 hour ago, Kain82 said:

I also switched to SE because the original crashed a lot.  As for the Skyim LE mods.  You can easily port them to SE.  For meshes use the Nif Optimizer from nexus, then open the Creation Kit for SE and resave the plugin.  There you converted the mod.  Other mods that only have an esp all you have to do is resave in the Creation Kit for SE.  For example a long time ago about two years ago I ported one of my favorite mods from LE.  It was called "Enhanced Skyrim Factions: The Companions",  I loaded the mod in the SE CK and resaved and never had a problem with it to this day.  It works perfectly.  It is super easy.

It sounds easy and all but you underestimate how dumb i am.

I learned alot from Oldrim..so when I applied what I learned from Oldrim to Newrim...I very very rarely crash.  But it's still an ongoing learning experience as I still run into things as I install/uninstall things from both of them even though I clean save like hell. 

I been playing HOURS, lots... lots of hours in Skyrim SE recently with Mod Organiser 2. However, i have seen a much greater mod list available for Skyrim (Old Rim).

So my questions are...

1. Which version of the game do you prefer? and why?
  2. Which mod manager do you use to maintaining your game, and how many mods do you have running?

I'm not looking for load orders etc, just want to get a breakdown between the two version apart from the obvious 32 vs 64 bit engine.

oh look this one again, again-again... again.

for the againth time.

1. SSE is far more stable in terms of memory footprint and adressable size, including dynamic allocation on demand

2. script resolves are framerate and frametime dependent, dx11 frame>TIME< NOT FRAME>RATE< is superior to LE

that's it, that's all. period. There are no other advantages and anyone whom says there is doesn't know how to mod, simple as. Factually speaking.

SSE does not magically make more polygons appear, SSE does not magically fix badly scripted mods or badly coded cell entries or exits, SSE catching up to LE's graphical mods is pretty much the work of two people, and they still have quite a ways to go before reaching parity, and when they do, that snazzy framerate advantage sse enjoys will go away. Contrary to arthmoor and elianora, backporting mods to LE is entirely possible, and most importantly SSE's stringtable is identical to LE's.

If you want graphical superiority, you get LE. If you want to be able to set your ugrids to a billion and have 9999999 million npcs per cell that will break your stringtable eventually, you get SSE. Pretty simple.

13 hours ago, Addramyr said:

I been playing HOURS, lots... lots of hours in Skyrim SE recently with Mod Organiser 2. However, i have seen a much greater mod list available for Skyrim (Old Rim).

So my questions are...

2. Which mod manager do you use to maintaining your game, and how many mods do you have running?

I'm not looking for load orders etc, just want to get a breakdown between the two version apart from the obvious 32 vs 64 bit engine.

1. Skyrim SE...because...reasons I guess. And also because I use Oldrim for Enderal.

2. Mod Organizer for like last x(7 - 9?) months. Currently sitting at roughly 270+ mods, but I still wander through nexus and look for more stuff. No LL mods so far but I am thinking of changing that. Pretty stable, I have yet to run into random CTDs, though I spend most of the time adding stuff instead of trying it out.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:41 AM, Tex said:

So far I had one crash fast traveling, but i tested it again, and it crashed again, so I presume it was an location issue of sorts, otherwise, zero crashes.

I'm assuming you are talking about SSE?  Is the location the mod crashes at vanilla or modded?

On 5/13/2019 at 3:50 PM, Addramyr said:

So my questions are...

Though I'd like to return to LE someday due to the fact that it very unstable when I last played it.  I'll stick to SSE, because with LE I have to save every 5 minutes in case of a crash.  With SE I don't have to worry about that.  There are times I'm playing SSE that I go half an hour or more without saving, and the game doesn't crash.  Currently I am having a crashing issue involving SSE and ending a sex scene with SexLab 1.63 beta 5.  But I know that I must've messed up somewhere when adding or porting a mod from LE.   Not SSE or SexLab. 

As for what mod manager I use?  I still use the old and still dependable NMM.  As for how many mods I have installed and am currently running?  I have 230 mods installed with 177 active, and aside from the crashing issue I am having which again is due to human error and not the game.  Everything else is running smooth.

Hello. 

To anybody familiar with going from LE to SSE what are the big mods available here and/or the nexus i would be missing out on.

I have also heard of tools like Cathedral Assets Optimizer and am wondering exactly how well and relatively easily can i port mods to SSE.

Anything i should be wary of?

Some examples of mods i would like to keep;

• OSA
  • SexLab
  • Race Mods (such as Immersive Playable Rieklings)

Thank you!

Both versions have pros and cons, you're gonna have to be way more specific, and frankly you should be way more specific on your own terms, nobody knows

tenor.gif?itemid=9051396

OSA is nonfunctional as it is, so exactly "what you're missing" there is again completely in fetish territory because other than an easy peasy babby's fist pose selector, it's literally unfinished and doesn't do custom bodies.

Most "big mods" whatever that means, have been converted or have equivalents.

There's a thread for that. Check it for all of your "must have" mods.

Personally, most of what I wanted has either been ported over or if not has a decent alternative, so I'd say go for it, the time seems pretty good now. (Except 'Blush When Aroused,' sadly. I can live without it, for now.)

The stability increase is, from my experience, tremendous, and the chance you'll really be missing out on something has become pretty small. *shrugs* Caveat emptor.

15 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

There's a thread for that. Check it for all of your "must have" mods.

Personally, most of what I wanted has either been ported over or if not has a decent alternative, so I'd say go for it, the time seems pretty good now.

The stability increase is, from my experience, tremendous, and the chance you'll really be missing out on something has become pretty small. *shrugs* Caveat emptor.

Thank you for actually helping ?

9 hours ago, Skampe said:

I have also heard of tools like Cathedral Assets Optimizer and am wondering exactly how well and relatively easily can i port mods to SSE.

I have been using CAO for a while now and find it simplicity itself to use. I haven't noticed any major issues using it. I rarely use specific tools now.

With regards to cons: The biggest issue that most folk experience after switching to SSE is Bethseda's CC updates. These currently break SKSE64 and any mods that rely on it. Most people work around this by not updating SSE until after SKSE64 and its dependants have been updated.

I would highly recommend installing SkyrimSE.exe Auto-Backup v1.0 from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12480 should you ever find that you need to rollback to a previous install version.

My personal opinion is that switching to SSE is a move worth taking.

13 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

With regards to cons: The biggest issue that most folk experience after switching to SSE is Bethseda's CC updates. These currently break SKSE64 and any mods that rely on it. Most people work around this by not updating SSE until after SKSE64 and its dependants have been updated.

Oh yeah, that's true, with Steam and its auto-updates.

It's definitely just an "inconvenience," and you can avoid the issues (see below), but boy it can be aggravating to fix if you find out about it after the fact. 

Pro-tip: Tell Steam to only update when you run the game. Then never run the game itself, only start through MO/SKSE short-cut etc.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:10 PM, 27X said:

OSA is nonfunctional as it is,

I've been using the OSA/OSex for SSE available on Nexus for a while now with fewer problems than it had in Oldrim due to SSE's ability to access extra memory.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been modding Fallout 4 for the better part of a year now, but seeing the much larger amount of mods available for Skyrim has tempted me into switching over. I picked up the regular edition from a Steam sale a while back, but never really gave it a go. My question is, seeing as the Special Edition has launched since then, would it be better to start off with SE, or has it still not gained enough mod support yet to really be worth it over the normal edition?

Also, I noticed that clothes mods for Skyrim seem to be evenly split between 2 body mods as opposed to the one that mostly everyone uses in Fallout 4: UNP and CBBE. Is there any benefits of one over the other, or is it just a matter of preference?

From time to time I make mods. For this I need Creation Kit. LE and SE versions of CK are stupidly slow. Very annoying.

But then I found a patch for SE  Creation Kit that makes it like 100 times faster. So I stayed. :)

OK, there was also random "foot-IK", crash this, crash that ... mem fix for this and that. Damn, I'd like to play the game not nonstop search for bug fixes :(

With SE you have a bit less problems. Not zero. But definitly less.

And having less mods? Don't care. I mean, its not that I use *all* of them. Just some, the good ones. And if something is missing I can make my own.

I wanted to ask since I am not that experienced. I wanted to know wether or not Skyrim has a better mod pool that Skyrim SE and wether or not I should switch to Skyrim instead of using Skyrim SE. I cant really find that many clothing mods for Skyrim SE but I might really be on the wrong pages tbh but on the other hand I find alot of stuff for Skyrim. Some mods I want are only available on Skyrim but the thing is that I dont even know what mods I should download for Skyrim if I were to buy it (Stuff like ENBs,Patches, Texture updates. Basically the Skyrim classic Equivalent of the "Skyrim SE for Beginners" guide). Is this the right place to ask? 

If your basis for playing the game is solely based on mod content then it's obviously going to be Skyrim.

IMO, do you want to play Crash Simulator 2011? Then go with Skyrim.

If you want a more stable experience then play Skyrim SE. In terms of clothing mods, if you use CBBE SE then you have a lot of options. A lot of stuff has been ported for it. Skyrim may have more outfits but remember, Skyrim has 100+ bodies. So even if there's an outfit you like in Skyrim, it's most likely gonna be incompatible with your body. Skyrim SE has pretty much limited itself to two bodies, UNP and CBBE. And with the existence of bodyslide, you can have any body type you want. big type mods have pretty much all been ported to Skyrim SE already.

Small extra note: Clothing mods (well any texture mod) typically do not have a plugin (ESM, ESP) or animations.

Those are extremely easy to convert to SE.

Consider Skyrim LE to be the deep pool for SE mods.

The critical ones (sexlab, etc) have all been converted to SE.

You already have Skyrim SE. It is by far the better choice.

Pick an LE mod you want for SE and convert it yourself. It is not hard. f you have problems - come back.