Should I switch from oldrim to SE

18 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

until the next crapclub update that is, then everything stops working.

Understand the concern, and it did put me off for a long time. But the fact is, only .dll files need to be updated, MO2 lists incompatible files when you update to a newer version, and I have found that within a couple of days, authors have updated their .dlls and everything is working again. 

It is also very easy to stop the updates from going through at all - or at least, not until after you are 100% sure that everything you use is up to date with the latest version. To me, this argument is basically a non-factor, and a very minor annoyance at best. Each to their own, however.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:21 AM, stingray1995 said:

Where's the fun in that? 

When I think of modding Skyrim or any Bethesda game, words such as 'Problems',  'Headaches', 'Crying' and 'Suffering' enter my mind almost immediately.  That stuff's supposed to be fun and enjoyable for people.

Not sure what you're getting at - the fun is in playing a game that is 100% stable, and you haven't already spoiled for yourself with day after working day of fine-tuning and fiddling, so that when it comes to actually playing the game you aren't already jaded with your creation. Modding fatigue is real.

Perhaps a less partisan argument is this: there is a base level of Skyrim modding that involves basically bringing the game up a standard you expect, in terms of graphics and gameplay. After that comes the fun part, of putting a bit of your own personality in - making the game feel and play the way that reflects your fantasy. But everything before that (and for me, that's probably 75% of the process of building) is a pure slog. In fact, by the time I get to the fun part, I am already burned out. Enter Wabbajack. No one is saying you should just accept a prebuilt modlist unquestioning, but if with one click I can lay the foundations that would previously take me days to put in place, then yeah, I'm all for it.

Now Prior from making this post i try-ed to Run SE with Sex mods just placed in And it wouldn't Run. So i Deleted and placed my Back up and it runs fine. + the Recent steam update to the game library sucks (Only saying it sucks because its different and was incontinent but u can get to Local File faster)

Right now im going to mod Skyrim Cuz it has Sub Category that i can know what im doing unlike SE that doesn't have a Sub Category

i wouldn't mind using SE but i dunno what are the Basic Sex mod Like Slave,Sex+Animation, and i Remember a Kidnapping mod where u put the Npc in a Bag and it would be in your inventory and you can hold more than 1

So if u like to make me a List for skyrim SE (You dont haft to but if you liked to)

i switched finally. it doesnt have all the old mods yet, but the majority it's working pretty good. I was having all kinds of CTDs on LE because the 4gb of RAM limit on the 32bits engine of the game, but in SE i dont have. also i have a more stable frametime, more FPS, although i couldnt get ENB looking as good as LE. i think its worth the work and my only complain right now is ENB, but i think its me having some trouble to geting work this right

Hi! So hear me out i know this is one of those over asked things but... Yea, Skyrim or SSE?

So asking because i'm about to do a reinstall of Skyrim and its been years.

I saw that SKSE was in a good state for SSE and Sexlab seemed to have been fixed for SSE.

I remembered that one of my big issues with Skyrim was that the script engine got a bit wonky with skyrim and sexlab when you had to many script mods and remembered reading that SSE had tweaked the script engine for the better and that it ran more stable generally.

So when i saw that SL had been updated for SSE i thought i would try do a cleaner install (but probably script heavy) with SSE and with immersion mods, SL, some mage stuff and some eye candy :P

But just now i noticed what SSE nexus felt kinda sparse and empty and before i get into the monstrosity that is a fresh modding install and because it's been years since i last checked on skyrim,

i just wanted to ask every one here at LL (since we're all a similar kind of special) which one to go for:

Skyrim or SSE?

(With regards to modding content, which direction SL is going towards and game performance (is the script engine really that much better in SSE))

//Thanks ahead

As far as my exprience goes,script heavy is better off in LE. Overall stability is slightly better is SSE howevr scripts run slower. But, again my experience.

Edit: Clarification, when I last did SE som scripts could take anywhere between 2-5 minutes depending on the mod and if was an actual conversion or not. An example of this is when i last tested sexlab kidnapped LE things ran smooth however SSE took some time for things to kick into play without it being converted. 

I know that personally I would lov to see more compatibility for SSE but that isn't just reliant on Sexlab. I would also like SSE conversions to actually be in the SSE section instea of having to dig through LE for a chance that they might have a conversion there. 

1 hour ago, leyre said:

If you want some steady fuck, LE

steady fuck paus LE or steady paus fuck LE?

Also steady how? I wanna try doing the full immersion shenanigans, needs+hygiene, frostfall or hot and cold, SL, SL defeat stuff, magic script shit -_- basically i'm just worried about script not firing properly in LE?

Ed*
Okey so the scripts are actually wonkier in sse?

Hi everyone.

I came back to Skyrim with the SE Version after many years so i am modding it.Looking through all mods is quite a challenge so if anyone is feeling like suggesting a few it would be quite a help.

1. Player homes.  I have Leaf Rest which seems the best so far -not big ,nice features- 

2. Enemies mods. Ultimate Combat doesn't seem to work or it is very subtle.Not looking for really challenging and complex mods but something to spice it up a notch if there is any.

3.FPS seems to be an issue.Although my computer is average now -going to old- and i have SKSE64 Fixes BETHINI Tweaks USSEP and Wrye Smash i see some fog effect in Special Edition dropping FPS down or some other reason i am not aware about.

That is all that comes in mind for now.Any feedback appreciated.

Due to a driver bug with Navi and DX9, I can run enb with only the most basic effects. AMD seems to be in no hurry to fix the problem, so I'm thinking about switching to SE.

The micro stuttering in the original game has always bothered me. If SE runs smoother, it's another reason for me to switch.

• 2 weeks later...

The crap club updates are the main reason I won't even try SSE. I uninstalled FO4 for the same reason. I actually liked the game but I could never play it. Everytime I started it up, there had been some stupid update to the crap club that broke my game and I had to wait for all my mods to update, and then go through and update everything just to be able to play.

14 hours ago, sfeile said:

The crap club updates are the main reason I won't even try SSE. I uninstalled FO4 for the same reason. I actually liked the game but I could never play it. Everytime I started it up, there had been some stupid update to the crap club that broke my game and I had to wait for all my mods to update, and then go through and update everything just to be able to play.

just save the old version and disable steam automatic update until the fixes for your wanted mods are up for the new version. I made an empty mod called Backup_Exe in in MO2, zipped the skyrimse.exe and skyrimselauncher.exe in a skyrimSE_Vxyz.7z and moved the zip into the empty mod.  If there is a gamebreaking update I just disable the automatic update in Steam, get the old version out of the zip and the game works again. Just need to check the mods (mainly SKSE) used if they are updated for the new SSE version and if they are up - activate automatic update and update the mods to the new version.

I have both - LE and SE - and I think it's no problem to get both versions cheap if you do not buy the game in a store or at steam. Just buy they steam-keys online on a third party site. Via paypal its 15min to get the keys for both games incl. DLC and to activate them at steam for less than the price for one version in the steam shop or your local store.

LE is still the main development platform and you can transfer many mods from LE to SE but not the other way. For example SE is able to read the NIF used by LE but all NIFS made for SE are in a new not downward compatible format. SE ist faster (got higher FPS in SE with the same mods in LE and SE), more stable but even a mod is transferable LE mods are not transfered to SE because not every mod is easy to adapt. Script-heavy mods and mods with animations are much work to transfer and not every mod got someone to want to make it work in SE if sources are available. Not to forget some modders are inactive and does not support their old LE mods anymore and got no interest in SE.
There are mods that did not use skyrim ressources to work. They are written in Java, C#, VBA etc and add functions to the 32bit LE. No chance for any person than the developer of the mod to make a new version for SE. Most of the time some other invent the tyre for SE again and make a new mod with the same or better functionality in SE.