Should I switch from oldrim to SE

On 11/8/2019 at 3:49 AM, Lekver said:

Hi everyone.

I came back to Skyrim with the SE Version after many years so i am modding it.Looking through all mods is quite a challenge so if anyone is feeling like suggesting a few it would be quite a help.

1. Player homes.  I have Leaf Rest which seems the best so far -not big ,nice features- 

2. Enemies mods. Ultimate Combat doesn't seem to work or it is very subtle.Not looking for really challenging and complex mods but something to spice it up a notch if there is any.

3.FPS seems to be an issue.Although my computer is average now -going to old- and i have SKSE64 Fixes BETHINI Tweaks USSEP and Wrye Smash i see some fog effect in Special Edition dropping FPS down or some other reason i am not aware about.

That is all that comes in mind for now.Any feedback appreciated.

1. Riverside Lodge and Elysium are both full featured, well made houses. Leveler's Tower has a lot of cheats but is a big place with crazy stuff. 

2. Obis, MINPCS

3. 282 mods, 218 esp's: I was using an i5 2400, 8GB, 1050ti and was getting by but just bumped up to a 1660 super and it made a huge difference. Now running twice the resolution at 60fps. The cpu is holding me back now. I'll be building a new PC before xmas, r5 3600, 16gb, 1660 super, that should have no trouble at 1080p. I don't use Wrye Bash.

My personal experience with LE and SE(i prefer SE)

Skyrim LE
Antialiasing is not perfect, i see flicker(weak, but it's there) on objects, trees, grass, very annoying
FPS jumping pretty constantly, especially when running, EXTREMELY annoying
In FPS heavy places i get ~35
Needs all kinds of fixes/mods for stable game, and yet they help just to some level
Always afraid of fps droping mods, they hurt LE a lot
Parallax mods looks nice
Nicer ENB's, people say
Went into game to see how LE feels like after long time, crashed after 1min(very strange, because i had pretty stable games(at the cost of many weeks/months) with ~600mods, not sure what changed)
No game updates, nice
All major mods pretty much done here.. ? you can truly find everything, install and play right away.
So many outdated mods, no or poor support for them

Skyrim SE
No flicker at all
FPS always smooth 60
In FPS heavy places 60
No special care/mods needed, you can buy new gpu and it will laugh at SE right out of the box
For now have ~150 graphic mods, always 60 fps, no fps drops at all
Parallax mods ? Not even missing or remember them
Worser ENB's ? I don't see the difference from the ones i tried
275 mods, not crashed yet, except that day when installed very faulty mod
Game updates,  so what, you can disable automatic updates in Steam and keep playing(or go and play any other game while mods gets updated, or read a book ⛱️ )
Less mods, but they are ported pretty fast, no mod today, and then you find that or similar mod tomorow
Lots of updated mods, good support, new mods just for SE

What i learned is that LE is ok, until you try SE, then you wonder what was wrong with you and why you stayed with LE for that long.
I know why i stayed, i was convinced by other people(mostly by one person of very well known guide and his followers) who's worshiping LE to the point of ridiculousness.
Not saying SE is better, it's just much better for me.

8 hours ago, gaohama said:

enb better ???

Better...more realistic look, more effects, advanced features.

Many people do not know that it exists, they do not know that there is SE physics, I know it by the comments people leave

On 11/8/2019 at 1:49 AM, Lekver said:

3.FPS seems to be an issue.Although my computer is average now -going to old- and i have SKSE64 Fixes BETHINI Tweaks USSEP and Wrye Smash i see some fog effect in Special Edition dropping FPS down or some other reason i am not aware about.

That is all that comes in mind for now.Any feedback appreciated.

There are two mods that can help you with fog if it is demolishing your FPS:

Remove Interior Fog (plugin can be ESLified)

Interior Floating Fog Remover  (no plugin required)

I don't like fog or loose files so I combined the two mods by putting the loose files into a BSA that loads with the Remove Interior Fog plugin.

Also make sure you have at least the latest Wrye Bash 307b4 (2019) off of the Nexus.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, Kokan said:

Better...more realistic look, more effects, advanced features.

Many people do not know that it exists, they do not know that there is SE physics, I know it by the comments people leave

oldrim is better then all shity enb i try it most all in se , it less effects then old and eat perf more then

Honestly, I really love the SSE changes and how I can pimp it out with texture mods but the breaking of the game by the CC stuff likes me.

I'm considering a return to Skyrim LE sadly! I really liked the Bleak ENB in Oldrim and even without any texture mods, that used to make my game look nice.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:32 AM, gaohama said:

oldrim is better then all shity enb i try it most all in se , it less effects then old and eat perf more then

Are you convincing me or yourself? it's fine for me to keep you on dx9 and 32bit...

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing alright ! Long time mod user here, but never really had the chance to play on a modded skyrim, my Hard Drives broke 3 times everytime I finished download SMC, installing and checking compatibility for my modded skyrim ... I have almost (again) finished to mod my skyrim but there is a question that I have to ask : Should I stay for LE or should I go for SE ?

I would really like to focus the playthrough on stability, gameplay, graphics and adult mods. Also I would like to finaly experience a good experience on HDT like penetration, bestiality and the others crazy shit. 

Thank you in advance for your expertise ?

Kokan, mind linking me the physics? My SE install won't use any of the ones I've tried, or after working for a bit, a reload makes them stop.

My bodyslide stopped actually making things for my override folder in MO2 for me to install, so I'm rebuilding, and the ONLY thing I can't seem to find for SE that I want is the physics options that I had for LE that are rather amazing.

If it's the SMP that is available from here  .. a page on Reddit for SSE HDT-SMP ...

then NM, as I have these.... Thanks either way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't get my mods to be very stable, keep running into errors and glitches, etc, that kinda ruin it for me. I've been using LE assuming there would be more mods, but I have both, Would my mods be more stable on SE? Are most of the mods ported over? Any other differences I should know about? Thanks!

20 minutes ago, lldudesoe said:

I can't get my mods to be very stable, keep running into errors and glitches, etc, that kinda ruin it for me. I've been using LE assuming there would be more mods, but I have both, Would my mods be more stable on SE? Are most of the mods ported over? Any other differences I should know about? Thanks!

On STability (LE specifically, but applies to SE some too)  Just make sure you followed the set up guides- like S.T.E.P  or so forth...  Generally the "foundational mods" like unofficial patches are universal and dont think ive ever seen a mod recommend against those...  Also, make sure to use LOOT (load order optimizer).  At the top, you build the frame of the house, and on the bottom is where you decorate(broad strokes)..

On porting and so forth - 

Thats has a lot of whats been ported so far, best bet is to search through the downloads section for SE...  That being said, using a program like CAO (Cathedral Assets Optimizer) is a pretty handy "one click port" tool.  It doesnt work with everything, but tis better to  try porting  <whatever LE mod your thinking about>  without worry and see what happens.

Something that has helped me ALOT on both SE and LE (I own both) is bashed patches....  with WYRE..  again, basic  bashed patches here are super, super simple.  Not much more difficult than printing out a basic word document, or checking gmail...  its pretty much "right click and let wyre do what it thinks it needs to do"

It all depends on your rig and the programs running on it apparently.

Skyrim LE saves always became unworkable for me due to save bloat after around 40-60 hours or using scripted mods whereas with Special Edition, my play sessions tend to end only when interrupted by outside interference (including Creation Club updates until I stopped auto-updating) but some people swear that their LE set-up is more stable somehow.

I also tended to run up against the RAM limit fairly frequently and pretty hard in LE while that is no worry with SE at all.

I'd say that one of the most useful things that SE added was created for the much maligned Creation Club, funny enough, that being the new ESL and ESP-FE file formats which save one from using a full save slot (they all share one huge save slot which can contain 4096 ESP-FEs or ESLs), saving one the trouble of merging mods at all if the mod is simple enough.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:19 PM, Kokan said:

Are you convincing me or yourself? it's fine for me to keep you on dx9 and 32bit...

enb still not good ( SSS) as LE and this is reality ; SE is better in all others things but not in enb

i use old 970 gtx with 4790 cpu and using any enb can make me lose 10-25 fps in some place an it look like shit ( they do engine fallout4 like to make console player happy) even i tweak them and lighting is horrible in se and sss is broken you need download shader before update ( enb helper se page)

52 minutes ago, gaohama said:

enb still not good ( SSS) as LE and this is reality ; SE is better in all others things but not in enb

i use old 970 gtx with 4790 cpu and using any enb can make me lose 10-25 fps in some place an it look like shit ( they do engine fallout4 like to make console player happy) even i tweak them and lighting is horrible in se and sss is broken you need download shader before update ( enb helper se page)

just arguments, please show yours

f7p9lyu6ej1gg8kzg.jpg

axjt99whd4f4q33zg.jpg

rz6l3dy7wqr5a1lzg.jpg

jdaxysl8uvlq7mjzg.jpg

62kggult35v8gcxzg.jpg