[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

8 hours ago, Atenos Aries said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on converting the Willow follower mod over to CBBE?  Her data is all in a bsa and I’m not sure as to what I need to do. When I put a converted outfit on her the outfit and shape look fine but the skin textures turn into “vagina-on-belly”. 

She probably is a custom race, her body texture path is stored inside of it. Do you know how to use GECK or xEdit?

3 minutes ago, Atenos Aries said:

I'm somewhat familiar with GECK, somewhat less so with xEdit.  I've used them, but I'm not super familiar.

I have not Willow, but I have a feeling it's an esm. If it's so, GECK will probably complain unless you either change the header on xedit, or use GECK PU or Extender

To avoid the chore let's see if xEdit can help you with this, it's a simple and fast test.

Make a backup of the Willow.esm/esp whatever, then open it and go under RACE, find the race willow is using (I would think there's only one) and then check on the right window until you find the paths for the textures.

Here's an example opening a vanilla caucasian race:willow.jpg

Hope it's understable, if not let me know

16 hours ago, A.J. said:

I have not Willow, but I have a feeling it's an esm. If it's so, GECK will probably complain unless you either change the header on xedit, or use GECK PU or Extender

To avoid the chore let's see if xEdit can help you with this, it's a simple and fast test.

Make a backup of the Willow.esm/esp whatever, then open it and go under RACE, find the race willow is using (I would think there's only one) and then check on the right window until you find the paths for the textures.

Here's an example opening a vanilla caucasian race:willow.jpg

Hope it's understable, if not let me know

Careful A.J.- this is how I started making custom races and bodies and didn't know when to stop until I have files all mixed up in my game and I don't remember what I did or why. :P

On 7/9/2021 at 11:08 PM, Atenos Aries said:

Her data is all in a bsa and I’m not sure as to what I need to do.

A.J. explained what to do but you might want to extract the bsa files for something else like customizing her textures. It's really easy with https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974. You don't even have to worry about repacking the bsa because loose files overwrite bsa.

A.J., your instructions were very helpful and now she looks just fine with the converted clothing on.  However, her naked body is still messed up.  I've edited all of the texture references I can find via FNVEdit, but that only seems to affect her clothing.

The mod is an .esp with the meshes and textures, etc., in a .bsa.  I'd like to eventually be able to release a patch so other people don't have to go through all this, but still need to fix her naked body.  I honestly don't remember if her naked body was working correctly before I started messing about with it.  All other NPC's I've tested are still just fine.

I should probably mention that I've only changed her texture references, I've not done anything with the .nif files.

Thank you for all your help!

Edit:  So I did as KoolHandLuke suggested and opened her .bsa.  I replaced her default textures with the CBBE ones and am still having the same issues.  She looks good in clothing, but still has messed up naked textures.  Could it be her body meshes?  The Willow .bsa contains mesh body .nifs for labelled specifically for females rather than the standard male-whatever.  I can't seem to find anything to match in the CBBE mod. 

Edited by Atenos Aries

You have to edit her race like A.J. was showing you. Find the default file paths for Caucasian in the vanilla set up, copy them and overwrite her race body nif and textures and save. I've done her before, but I used naked type 3 Cali or something because I had other textures (maybe hers?) that I like. Been awhile now.

enb2021_7_12_5_1_26.png.9990886d7874c8d75e9bd4288acf74f7.png

Edited by KoolHndLuke
2 hours ago, Atenos Aries said:

Sure thing.  I understand that bit.  I'm just having a hard time finding the female CBBE .nifs to replace her base .nifs with.  All I can find in the CBBE downloads are skeleton .hkx files.

When you run BS, then you select the naked body, then you click Build, it will create a file here:

\Data\meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

This is the vanilla path for the vanilla body, so this means that all the females will have now a CBBE naked body.

If you want that Willow (and only her) use that body, just remove this file from there and put it inside \Data\meshes\characters\willowrace. You won't see the folder, because in Willow it's packed inside the BSA, but if you create manually the folder then it will overwrite what's inside the BSA when the game loads.

15 hours ago, A.J. said:

When you run BS, then you select the naked body, then you click Build, it will create a file here:

\Data\meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

This is the vanilla path for the vanilla body, so this means that all the females will have now a CBBE naked body.

If you want that Willow (and only her) use that body, just remove this file from there and put it inside \Data\meshes\characters\willowrace. You won't see the folder, because in Willow it's packed inside the BSA, but if you create manually the folder then it will overwrite what's inside the BSA when the game loads.

Boom.  That was exactly what I needed.  Thank you all very much for all of your help and patience!  I have certain ptsd-related cognitive issues, so wikis and such are mostly sanskrit to me.  Talking to you folks has given me a much needed basic understanding of how all this works.  I'm never going to be a top-tier modder, but hopefully my little contributions will be useful to someone.  I'm going to post a step by step walkthrough on how to do this on my CBBE conversions modpage over on nexus.

9 minutes ago, Atenos Aries said:

Boom.  That was exactly what I needed.  Thank you all very much for all of your help and patience!  I have certain ptsd-related cognitive issues, so wikis and such are mostly sanskrit to me.  Talking to you folks has given me a much needed basic understanding of how all this works.  I'm never going to be a top-tier modder, but hopefully my little contributions will be useful to someone.  I'm going to post a step by step walkthrough on how to do this on my CBBE conversions modpage over on nexus.

You can also make a BS entry that will point directly to her file. That will save you some time going back and forth. I've been messing with custom races for awhile now it's pretty cool to make a fully custom character. Like I gave Willow an evil aunty, but would need to script any interactions between them in a quest and I just haven't worked on it since I don't know scripting.

14 hours ago, Atenos Aries said:

If you're going to upload it, or anyway some sort of guide, think to what KHL said in the last post.

I have no BS installed so I can't follow you step by step, but there's a way to make things easier.

Basically, inside BS, you know when you choose the armor you want to convert etc. well, you can create some WILLOW_BODY in that dropdown menu, which automatically will create the nif inside the Willow folder.

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, nubnub4455 said:

Well unchecking the problematic nif file in the batch build menu fixed the issue, although I don't know if that was some sort of essential file

What happens is that the NV-HH nif file is actually more of a reference when addapting high-heeled outfits in outfit studio.

So yeah, you're good.

On 8/11/2021 at 7:21 AM, nubnub4455 said:

Well unchecking the problematic nif file in the batch build menu fixed the issue, although I don't know if that was some sort of essential file

Wasteland Clothes 3 always had problems since day one. But I though it was solved... there's a "b" at the end of the name, I do that usually when I make a second version... Let's see if @KoolHndLuke remembers more

No it's not "essential" per se, the game will play and all, but that specific outfit will be vanilla and not converted.

No. It wasn't essential. It's just there in case you wanted to adapt the CBBE-NV body with some heels. Nothing uses it from the converted outfits iirc. Not sure how it ended up in the mod tbh. A.J., didn't we think about using it and just never did?

Edited by KoolHndLuke

The issue is not related to the HH. The issue is related to one of the clothes (Wasteland Clothes 03) throwing an error when it's created by Bodyslide, it probably has an issue on the nif and must be reconverted. But I do remember I already did it in the past (hence the "b" on the filename "WC3FCBBE-NVb") and I though it was solved, but I guess it was not. I was wondering if you were remembering something more about it

Edited by A.J.
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TheManWithFewNames said:

Does this CBBE have the exaxt same shape as the one from 4 and/or Skyrim? If it does, it would be pretty easy converting outfits from that game, just change their default pose in Blender.

99% yeah, just use the new body mesh everytime there's parts of exposed body. But if you know how to change the pose in Blender, probably you don't have much difficulty in porting in general.

Edited by A.J.
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm having a frustrating time trying to fix the bodies of female NPC's. The models are fine but the texture is all gobbledy-goop and I've look around over the several pages and NOTHING is working.

At first I thought Skyrim SE or FO4's textures would work: Nope.

I've tried using different "Type X" mods. Nope. (interestingly without one of these mods, underwear is forced upon NPC's?)

Archive invalidation did nothing.

Things look A-OK inside Body side / Outfit Studio.

Made sure to follow page 1's instructions at LEST 10 times.

And sadly I'm kinda lost... :(

Here's my entire Mod list:

2 hours ago, RoboticBoznara said:

(interestingly without one of these mods, underwear is forced upon NPC's?

Why are npcs different than you, since the paths are the same? Could it be that you're using a custom race for your character, something pointing to a different folder than vanilla? if so then you must manually put the textures in that path, and... probably change the nifs too? mmh... well, let's do just one step first.

Edited by A.J.
On 9/7/2021 at 12:02 AM, A.J. said:

Why are npcs different than you, since the paths are the same? Could it be that you're using a custom race for your character, something pointing to a different folder than vanilla? if so then you must manually put the textures in that path, and... probably change the nifs too? mmh... well, let's do just one step first.

I am using a custom race, the Daughters of Ares race mod (makes me look robotic).

Though I've not had this bug previously when using the Daughters of Ares race mod.

5 hours ago, RoboticBoznara said:

I am using a custom race, the Daughters of Ares race mod (makes me look robotic).

Though I've not had this bug previously when using the Daughters of Ares race mod.

I never checked the latest updates of Lucas Jose, but with the original DoA it was not possible to use a body replacer (at least, not properly), because every armor had to be adapted to it. Every time that a cyborg wears a vanilla armor, it's immediately changed with a custom model which is contained on a custom folder. So, a mod like CBBE (but more in general, every body replacer), can't work with it properly because they will never put the assets in that custom folder, first, and then because everytime you have an exposed piece of skin it won't be "robotic". Body replacers are going to change the npcs, but not the DoAs (or in general custom races using custom folders)

To use it for the player, it would require first to make conversions for every vanilla armor for the DoA body, and then put it in that custom folder.

Again, assuming Lucas Jose didn't make some drastic change in some recent update.

Edited by A.J.