[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

12 hours ago, NoGodsorKings19 said:

so like. . . .is this mod just dead or what?

Not dead, on hold until the next major update. Le Guin will radically change how planets, tiles, and pops work and given that a major chunk of the content involved with this mod are tied into those functions and the potential new avenues for the mod to take with those new features...

23 hours ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Not dead, on hold until the next major update. Le Guin will radically change how planets, tiles, and pops work and given that a major chunk of the content involved with this mod are tied into those functions and the potential new avenues for the mod to take with those new features...

good to know. I was hesitant to start a new game until I knew if this mod was getting an update

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 7:25 PM, Railgunner2160 said:

Oh, thank you for information. It one of the best mod i ever see in my life, glad you don't abandon it. Thank you again. Hope to see some cool tentacles/zoo "researching" content in future:)

on the next update of this mod anyway we could get a patch to smooth over mods that use more Ethics like from this mod, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133959816. While some ships are off having a pleasure orgy, my empire is not able to make choices based off the ethics it has chosen (maybe for one of the choices would be to build pleasure bots on the ship instead of  the only choice is to find some people responsible and punish them).

I haven't seen a single anomaly pop up during system surveys related to this mod, I've also noticed that I can't manually fire them via console commands. Where are my sentient tentacle pops, my worlds teeming with friendly fauna? I managed to get a few colony-based events to function via console command but that's about it. I understand the desire to wait until the next big update so that your hard work isn't wasted. Just tossing my two cents out there to say that I for one am waiting eagerly to see how this mod behaves when it's all functioning. Everything looks so promising.

I'd love to see some actual event chains too! Perhaps something spinning off of the "Science Gone Wrong" event. A world or two getting infested with tentacle pops or something, or a trait being forcibly added to a world of pops, might be cool.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:09 PM, Darnizhaan said:

on the next update of this mod anyway we could get a patch to smooth over mods that use more Ethics like from this mod, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133959816. While some ships are off having a pleasure orgy, my empire is not able to make choices based off the ethics it has chosen (maybe for one of the choices would be to build pleasure bots on the ship instead of  the only choice is to find some people responsible and punish them).

Short answer: Don't hold your breath. 

Long answer: It honestly would be a pain in the butt to do. Not difficult, just tedious. If I did do it'd be half-assed, meaning no special text for non-vanilla ethics (basically I'd just slap them into the same decisions as what I felt was the closest vanilla ethics to them).

3 hours ago, Yith said:

can we get futa as a species trait? I see it pop up in the game proper as a reaction box, but i never see any pops with the trait or a way to make it more widespread, as in species wide.

I addressed this same topic in Sexual Gameplay thread, so I'll just repeat what I said there: MASSA doesn't actually have a futa trait. It treats futas as a genetic modification, sorta like changing one's sex or the color of one's eyes. I guess a better way of putting it is MASSA treats futas as simply changing individuals as opposed to changing the species as a whole.

Quite a while ago Veedanya wrote proposals for a number of sexual morphism traits (so things like futas) and I've been kinda toying around the idea of implementing them, but there are a few issues doing so. For instance I can't force pop portraits to only use a single sex (though ironically I can make it so you only get male or female leaders). I also personally prefer the idea of futas and the like being genetic irregularities in a species as opposed to the norm. Having said that I might change my mind later on. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Wolfintewheat said:

I haven't seen a single anomaly pop up during system surveys related to this mod, I've also noticed that I can't manually fire them via console commands. Where are my sentient tentacle pops, my worlds teeming with friendly fauna? I managed to get a few colony-based events to function via console command but that's about it. I understand the desire to wait until the next big update so that your hard work isn't wasted. Just tossing my two cents out there to say that I for one am waiting eagerly to see how this mod behaves when it's all functioning. Everything looks so promising.

I'd love to see some actual event chains too! Perhaps something spinning off of the "Science Gone Wrong" event. A world or two getting infested with tentacle pops or something, or a trait being forcibly added to a world of pops, might be cool.

Yea, the mod got borked somewhere along the way and I haven't had the opportunity to track them down yet. 

The good, neigh excellent!, news is that, after looking at some of the dev diaries and stuff, I don't think the upcoming update will completely break pop traits and events revolving around them. In fact I'm beginning to suspect that they'll run just fine after the update (do note that that is just a suspicion of mine and not backed up by any real evidence). With that in mind I'll probably begin poking into my files again and trying to fix things, if not add a few minor events. Don't hold your breath; I make no promise of an imminent MASSA update. 

On 8/18/2018 at 12:30 AM, darkspleen said:

Unfortunately I haven't had the time/energy to actually fix MASSA since stellaris had its last major update, so I'm not surprised that people are seeing a lot of funkiness going on. If you feel that events are firing too often I suggest you check the policies for your country. The mod adds one that forces an extra 2 year cooldown (I think, its been quite a while since I've done anything with MASSA so I could have specifics remembered slightly incorrectly) on a good chunk of the events.

I won't be updating MASSA until paradox releases its next big update for Stellaris, cause.... let's be honest, we all know it'll break MASSA hard anyways. So once that update is live and I can see what changes it'll actually bring I'll start working on MASSA again.

I am always open to ideas for events, especially if you can find pics to go along with them. I know I've previously mentioned how big a deal finding good pics is for this mod. I would say AT LEAST 40% of the time spent working on MASSA has actually been looking for images. Realistically its closer to 70% since a good chunk of my event ideas have been formed only after I found a good image. So anything you guys can do to help brainstorm and find images will be a significant help.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:47 PM, StayStayStellaris said:

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this, but I did my own refactoring of the anomalies based on Dev Diary 115 so I could run the mod with 2.1. I deleted the 2 files in Massa/common/anomalies and inserted in this file. I made this file based on the 17.3 version of this mod from the author's github https://github.com/Regularitee/MASSA

The mod author also mentioned that a bunch of his other events got broken by the update. I don't know which events those would be, so I couldn't attempt to fix them. So far in my test play-through, nothing seems wrong so far and the anomalies fire correctly. Some things weren't finished by the author and remain unfinished, e.g. the tentacle start civic, and my one play-through was not a replacement for extensive tests. This file is literally just a refactor of the 2 anomaly files into the new single file format for 2.1. Use at your own risk.

00_anomaly_categories_massa_updated.txt

Capture.PNG

In short:

The development is on hiatus until the next big update.

Since the last big update the anomalies have been changed and that one is accounted for by an user.

/edit ninja'd by the one and only darkspleen :(

On 10/4/2018 at 12:55 AM, darkspleen said:

Short answer: Don't hold your breath. 

Long answer: It honestly would be a pain in the butt to do. Not difficult, just tedious. If I did do it'd be half-assed, meaning no special text for non-vanilla ethics (basically I'd just slap them into the same decisions as what I felt was the closest vanilla ethics to them).

I addressed this same topic in Sexual Gameplay thread, so I'll just repeat what I said there: MASSA doesn't actually have a futa trait. It treats futas as a genetic modification, sorta like changing one's sex or the color of one's eyes. I guess a better way of putting it is MASSA treats futas as simply changing individuals as opposed to changing the species as a whole.

Quite a while ago Veedanya wrote proposals for a number of sexual morphism traits (so things like futas) and I've been kinda toying around the idea of implementing them, but there are a few issues doing so. For instance I can't force pop portraits to only use a single sex (though ironically I can make it so you only get male or female leaders). I also personally prefer the idea of futas and the like being genetic irregularities in a species as opposed to the norm. Having said that I might change my mind later on. We'll see.

Yea, the mod got borked somewhere along the way and I haven't had the opportunity to track them down yet. 

The good, neigh excellent!, news is that, after looking at some of the dev diaries and stuff, I don't think the upcoming update will completely break pop traits and events revolving around them. In fact I'm beginning to suspect that they'll run just fine after the update (do note that that is just a suspicion of mine and not backed up by any real evidence). With that in mind I'll probably begin poking into my files again and trying to fix things, if not add a few minor events. Don't hold your breath; I make no promise of an imminent MASSA update. 

On 10/3/2018 at 9:01 PM, Yith said:

can we get futa as a species trait? I see it pop up in the game proper as a reaction box, but i never see any pops with the trait or a way to make it more widespread, as in species wide.

i like to see a whole event chain on the matter regarding futa's with two outcomes in the form of added trait,  (Herm trait)  one everyone's a herm (deal with it) two (genetic Harding trait) no one is herm and cannot be turned into a futa. 

1 hour ago, justhere2look said:

i like to see a whole event chain on the matter regarding futa's with two outcomes in the form of added trait,  (Herm trait)  one everyone's a herm (deal with it) two (genetic Harding trait) no one is herm and cannot be turned into a futa. 

lets start with a trigger. the event (futa's rising) is a good start

- add a new option. (this may require a more long term solution) 

some time passes

(futa's are sterile and violent )

- body / with larger portion of our females turning themselves into futas some males are refusing to mate with them. Some people manly males are starting killing to the futa's in our empire in order stop more from turning. On the other hand some futa's are forcing females to turn by dragging to underground labs. they also seem to be killing the males. If those two things were not bad enough. Futa's are unable to have kids. turns out their genome is not stable enough in order to reproduce. so we need to deal with this now. 

- no ethos (we need to stop the killing) - empire -5% for 60 days 

- authoritarian (we warned them, now they pay the price) -kills 3 random pops in the empire. + 35 influence 

some time passes

(futa's can't no for an answer)

- Body / it seems that futa's won't take no for answer. Any female that says no is killed. A that says no to mating is killed. This is getting out of hand. We need permanent solution. 

- authoritarian/xenophobic/no ethos/militaristic/religious / ( genetic manipulation has started this problem and genetic manipulation will fix it) adds trait (genetic hardening) to all pops in the empire. 

(futa trait) i got nothing 

(genetic hardening) 

the telomeres in the chromosomes our people have been greatly increased. Along with 2 other chromosomes that allow our cells to purge virus and foreign DNA, they also make are base genes more dominant. So attempts at further genetic manipulation will now be very difficult and be done only by a central government lab and not a local hospital. Due to our more dominant DNA strains any interbreeding with other races. Will have their children inherit the traits of our spices over theirs, for the next 7 generations.

effects 

-  1 trait choice

-  1 trait point

-  +10 years lifespan

-  5% habitability 

ps did not put any thought into futa's 

On 10/4/2018 at 1:55 AM, darkspleen said:

For instance I can't force pop portraits to only use a single sex

I found a way to do that, but it's a bit of a pain. You put something like this in /gfx/portraits/portraits (using traits from sexual gameplay mod here but of course you can use whatever):

portrait_groups = {
    human = {
        default = human_female_04

#set = {
            #    trigger = { ... }
            #    portraits = { ... }
            #    #using "set =" instead of "add" will first clear any portraits already added

#pop scope
        pop = { #for a specific pop
            set = {
                trigger = {
                    NOR = {
                        has_trait = trait_all_male
                        has_trait = trait_intercompatible_sperm
                    }
                }
                portraits = {
                    human_female_01
                    human_female_02
                    human_female_03
                    human_female_04
                    human_female_05
                }
            }
            add = {
                trigger = {
                    NOR = {
                        has_trait = trait_all_female
                        has_trait = trait_intercompatible_womb
                    }
                }
                portraits = {
                    human_male_01
                    human_male_02
                    human_male_03
                    human_male_04
                    human_male_05
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Problem is, you have to do that for every portrait set you want to be affected. Also, I tried using a scripted_trigger to avoid having to spell out the conditions for the trigger every time and couldn't get it to work.

@bjc4yw

I may hold onto that line of code for reference actually. It'll be a while before I finish them, but I've been grinding away at a large array of species portraits that currently includes nearly two dozen species types, and that would be a nice feature to have to synergize with both my own mod and the mods already here.

Erstmal: Großartige Arbeit !!

Aber ich hab das Gefühl das ich bei der Installation falsch gemacht habe

mir scheint es so als wenn ich die hälfte verpassen wurde... brauch ich alle downloadbaren Dateien? ... oder reicht die erste? .... und dann einfach entpachten in die Mod Datei ... richtig?

The one with the highest version number. That's "MASSA 0.17.2.2.7z" as of now.

After download unpack it and put it into "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod" and activate it in the launcher.

And please feel free to write english in an english forum.

Otherwise only roundabout seven people around here can answer a question.

2 minutes ago, Kalle1003 said:

MASSA 0.17.2.2.7z ist die Haupt-Mod. Alles andere ist optional, muss aber als separate Mod installiert werden, d.h. alle Archive nach "...…\Stellaris\Mod\" entpacken. Erkennt man daran, dass in jedem Archiv eine *.mod-Datei zu finden ist..

Nix Hauptmod, anderes optional.

MASSA ist EINE mod und die Vorgängerversionen sind verfügbar.

Erkennt man daran, dass der Name und die Ordnerstruktur in jedem Paket fast gleich ist.

Von den kleinen bunten Pillen nimm nächstes Mal weniger.

13 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Nix Hauptmod, anderes optional.

MASSA ist EINE mod und die Vorgängerversionen sind verfügbar.

Erkennt man daran, dass der Name und die Ordnerstruktur in jedem Paket fast gleich ist.

Von den kleinen bunten Pillen nimm nächstes Mal weniger.

Hast ja vollkommen recht! Hatte kurz vorher "Sexyxenos" gepatched und war gedanklich noch dort....auch bunte Pillen hätten daran nichts geändert. Sorry!  

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, figandsalt said:

bug report

About the bug that materialist players cannot build red light district even they didn't take the prostitution prohibited policy, i checked the code and notice the requirement of this building is reversed. 

custom_tooltip = {
			fail_text = "requires_prostitution_not_prohibited"
			owner = {
				OR = {
					has_policy_flag = "prostitution_prohibited"
					has_policy_flag = "prostitution_slavery"
				}
			}
		}

Obviously, the judgement condition should be NOR, not OR. I tried to fix this in my computer and everything were back to normal, my materialist xenophile egalitarianism now can build that building as the developer intended.

I corrected this file acc. to recommendation and was happy that building of RLD was finally possible. However when building was finished it disappeared instantly from colony tile. Is there any solution to this?

That's... odd. The only thing I can think of is that there is something funky going on with the destroy_if clause of the building. 

This is what I have in my personal files right now:

destroy_if = {
        exists = owner
        owner = {
            OR = {
                has_authority = auth_machine_intelligence
                has_policy_flag = prostitution_slavery
            }
        }
    }
I honestly don't remember if it was part of the last release of MASSA, so if not this *might* fix your problem.
4 hours ago, darkspleen said:

That's... odd. The only thing I can think of is that there is something funky going on with the destroy_if clause of the building. 

This is what I have in my personal files right now:

destroy_if = {
        exists = owner
        owner = {
            OR = {
                has_authority = auth_machine_intelligence
                has_policy_flag = prostitution_slavery
            }
        }
    }
I honestly don't remember if it was part of the last release of MASSA, so if not this *might* fix your problem.

Thx a ton!

In the last Version of MASSA I found the term

NOT = { has_policy_flag = prostitution_slavery }

After correction it works brilliant. Thx for this fantastic mod!

Yea. That makes plenty of sense why it wasn't working correctly then. lol. You'd be amazed at how many minor mistakes like that manage to slip through the cracks.

And you are most welcome for MASSA. Its been a blast to make and I'm hoping to resume development in the next few weeks.

I found art assets and a trait for tentacle lifeform pops or something of the sort in the files, but in all my playthroughs I have yet to find them. Since I couldn't get it to work, I changed the code on the trait so it was selectable on start (for 0 points) and added it to a molluscoid that looked like it fit the bill, as a secondary species. You might consider, on your next update, either adding a selectable tentacle trait or setting the current one to useable at start.

That is, unless you're going to have the "Tentacle Symbiosis" Ethic spawn pops or something already. That'd be nice, the blocker kinda annoys the crap out of me sometimes, I've noticed that at least one appears every time I found a new colony. I'd rather have a presapient pop on the tile or something, to be honest. I love the tentacle-themed planet events. The Titanic Life one too, that one caught me offguard when I randomly colonized a planet with Titanic life - a modifier I usually avoid for the habitability debuff. Kudos!

Yea... There's a bit of a story behind that. Long story short originally I had an event that would spawn a tentacle pop (had the trait and a unique portrait) onto a colony. Eventually we (me and MK40) decided to replace that pop with a blocker to prevent players from simply purging the tentacle pop from the planet.

I have been saving the portrait and trait for use in either a mid or end game crisis revolving around tentacles, but I have yet to get around to it.

Also the Tentacle Symbiosis civic sort of 'slipped' into the latest released version. I hadn't intended to have it accessible yet.

Honestly the titanic life event chain was a ton of fun to make. It may be my favorite event chain at this point.