Site questions, comments, and suggestions

one but crucial thing I miss already!
LL old, home page, actually all pages, top right are the Community Rules.
but LL new this is no longer the case, therefor is now the word * Club *.
Actually, the rules should be emphasized for everyone, especially for new Members! ;)

4 minutes ago, winny257 said:

one but crucial thing I miss already!
LL old, home page, actually all pages, top right are the Community Rules.
but LL new this is no longer the case, therefor is now the word * Club *.
Actually, the rules should be emphasized for everyone, especially for new Members! ;)

That's exactly what my Prince would say and wish: emphasizing the Forum rules. Unfortunately he's is working to tell it too, therefore you have mine and his support on this :)

Edited by EvalovesEP

In the event it has not been reported

Opera Browser is not able to change pages in posts. So you get stuck on whatever page loaded when you went to it from the forum menu. 

(if this has been report, sorry for the double post, but I can't change pages) :cool:

FF has currently the same issue ...

I havn't seen this on dev.ll.com in tha last days. Only now. Strange :/

EDIT:

Plus the "Submit Reply" button has a similar problem ... It submits appearingly, but I see that only if I reload the page manually .... Double-strange :/ :/ :huh:

Edited by worik

then I would have to say goodbye to this website, I play for 3 years nothing more that is listed here on LL.
some would be glad if I disappear, but millions would miss me. lachende-smileys-347.gif

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe I am being unclear in my request.

I only come here for Skyrim mods.  I'm interested in FO4 as well, so I'd like to see new files for that, too.

When the sidebar is filled with files for Sims, Starbound, etc, that is not helpful to me since I don't play those games.

Sometimes people put up multiple mods in a day for a game I don't play, and it can drown out the information I actually want.

I'm seeking the ability to filter the file sidebar to only show certain games.  Not asking for the site to drop other game support or anything like that.

I cannot see how that would effect you at all, or harm your visibility or what that has to do with you being here for 3 years.

This is a common function in some other sites, just wondering if it would be possible here is all.

If not, no problem.

With respect, I don't think we are communicating well.  Hoping this clears it up.

1 hour ago, CPU said:

If you use anonymous browsing, then no. No way.

Because your "no" answer will not be recorded.

i don't but it still wont shut the hell up.

edit: what is this thing?

fsscr000.jpg

edit2: now it's gone?

Edited by MadMansGun
11 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

With respect, I don't think we are communicating well.  Hoping this clears it up.

You can do it by creating your own activity stream. Do it like the screenshot:

image.png

Of course, you can change the categories of files you are interested into.

3 minutes ago, Decayed2 said:

Infinite Scrolling.....well not infinite but the scroll bar is really long and no content is there after 1/4th of the bar.

It seems to be caused by the "users browsing this topic" section at the bottom of threads for some reason. I've disabled it for now, will look into fixing it when I get a chance.

Clubs are experiencing endless reloading.  The main page listing all the clubs is not affected.

Updated all of the download pages for my files (edit >save) so that they use the new template and now it's spamming the Files section in the main LL page.  It's as if I uploaded all those files for the first time.  Nevermind, looks like it fixed itself.

Edited by PsychoMachina
11 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i don't but it still wont shut the hell up.

edit: what is this thing?

fsscr000.jpg

It is something should not be visible to normal users.

It is used to approve new users and to handle the delete requests.

@Ashal I think you can fix that.

2 minutes ago, PsychoMachina said:

Clubs are experiencing endless reloading.  The main page listing all the clubs is not affected.

Updated all of the download pages for my files (edit >save) so that they use the new template and now it's spamming the Files section in the main LL page.  It's as if I uploaded all those files for the first time.

The "new files" is now "updated files" to give visibility also to updated mods.

The first days, while updating the template, pretty much all files will go there. But the situation should stabilize in a few days.

The new site looks great. Thanks to you folks for a job well done. I do have a couple of requests. I'd like a download indicator next to an uploaded file so that folks can see at a glance it's popularity. Having it only viewable by me in a drop down menu doesn't inform others of its value. Also, I'd like posted pictures to be clickable thumb nails so that I can post larger pictures rather than having to resize them to fit the page and lose many of it's details. The smaller clickable thumbs allows more photos to be added across the page rather than down as it now. Hidden content (spoilers) are good for post discussions of a file or post when quoting but new posted files need visual appeal at first glance. 

Just now, MadMansGun said:

no, it hit zero and disappeared on it's own.

i guess i'll just ignore it :confused:

I removed it.

8 minutes ago, CPU said:

The "new files" is now "updated files" to give visibility also to updated mods.

The first days, while updating the template, pretty much all files will go there. But the situation should stabilize in a few days.

I switched the sidebar widget to new files instead. But I'm going to change the download categories to sort by updated.

1 minute ago, wild_guy said:

but it up to 100 Mb possible as I see:

Drag files here to attach, or choose files... 
Max total size 100MB

Large gifs is something we've been needing to crack down on for a while now. Every time somebody views a thread with a 32mb animated gif in it, that 32mb gif is downloaded, eating up bandwidth and slowing the page load down for something the viewer might not even have wanted to see.

As for why it's not working now, I'm not sure.