Site questions, comments, and suggestions

just want to congratulate and thank Ashal and all the Moderators for their extraordinary work.
i, so far, hadn't had any glitches or problems of any sort; realised the forum was offline on a couple occasions, guessed some heavy work was being done on the background, so just waited.

my deepest gratitude, folks.

E.

Did just want to say congrats, seems like the hard work has finally paid off. 

It is really appreciated that you guys put in all this effort now to make the change as painless as possible.  I get the impression not everyone realizes that this had to happen at some point... and that the alternative would likely be a hard failure or data vulnerability at some point in the future resulting in who knows how long of a downtime and forced upgrade.  Just look at what happened to ULMF.org for reference.

You know what the difference between LL's updated design and Nexus Mods updated design?

One was created by a bunch of sick twisted fuckers that wanted something familiar but modern, the other one is just a piece of shit churned out by a bunch of arseholes.

And I am so happy to be as much a sick twisted fucker as the rest of you! So l really got to thank you for an update that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out every time I look at it.

It has it's few hiccups here and there, uploading pictures, old site they were small and you had to click to get a bigger size. Now they are just huge and need to use the spoiler tag. Not a terribly big deal. an annoyance. One I can live with though.

Also uploading files to a post, not hard. However the link isn't as prominent as like on the old site design. It is more of a simple text link now to the download location. Old one was like that but atleast showed date and file size and atleast indicated it was an attached download.

It's not a terribly big deal that this is not around anymore, but does mean we got to be more creative in where we place the link for downloads so it's not easily overlooked.

Overall other than those minor things. I love the design. you guys are doing a great job!

1 hour ago, foxia said:

You know what the difference between LL's updated design and Nexus Mods updated design?

One was created by a bunch of sick twisted fuckers that wanted something familiar but modern, the other one is just a piece of shit churned out by a bunch of arseholes.

And I am so happy to be as much a sick twisted fucker as the rest of you! So l really got to thank you for an update that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out every time I look at it.

It has it's few hiccups here and there, uploading pictures, old site they were small and you had to click to get a bigger size. Now they are just huge and need to use the spoiler tag. Not a terribly big deal. an annoyance. One I can live with though.

Also uploading files to a post, not hard. However the link isn't as prominent as like on the old site design. It is more of a simple text link now to the download location. Old one was like that but atleast showed date and file size and atleast indicated it was an attached download.

It's not a terribly big deal that this is not around anymore, but does mean we got to be more creative in where we place the link for downloads so it's not easily overlooked.

Overall other than those minor things. I love the design. you guys are doing a great job!

hey, Foxia,

actually, the user can set the picture size right after s/he places it on the post by double-clicking on it. an edit window opens; there the user may set the image size and have it all way to the right to to the left.

a brief example:

pretty girl art — 275 x 350

same picture, original dimensions:

5a0cd9a6a6527_Fantasy-art---art--2054473.thumb.jpg.91f1964d512d0011b646bf0f930965b9.jpg

Edited by TomatoEddie

There seems to be an image limit on the ribbon at the top of the file pages? I've admittedly got way the heck too many images up, but I've got a lot of stuff to preview, and the ribbon consistently craps out about halfway through. I can get to the rest of what I have uploaded by clicking on the last image in the ribbon and hitting the 'next' arrow in the viewer, but that's more than a bit clunky.

I have to admit, I'm not keen on the ribbon in general.  Yeah, it's cute and fancy and all, but the big block of thumbnails in the old design was a lot more efficient. This design seriously buries the newer images, and looks like it'll require completely redoing the screenshots with each update of the mod to get the new content up front and promoted. Especially with the lack of a primary screenshot displayed on the file page itself, which is another change I'm not fond of. 

I haven't run into any of the technical issues other people have reported, and actually kinda like the new visual design. And the new file uploader works a lot more smoothly for me than the old one ever did. But there's definitely a few irritating hits to functionality in this update. 

hello, AVS,

41 minutes ago, AVS said:

There seems to be an image limit on the ribbon at the top of the file pages? I've admittedly got way the heck too many images up, but I've got a lot of stuff to preview, and the ribbon consistently craps out about halfway through. I can get to the rest of what I have uploaded by clicking on the last image in the ribbon and hitting the 'next' arrow in the viewer, but that's more than a bit clunky.

I have to admit, I'm not keen on the ribbon in general.  Yeah, it's cute and fancy and all, but the big block of thumbnails in the old design was a lot more efficient. This design seriously buries the newer images, and looks like it'll require completely redoing the screenshots with each update of the mod to get the new content up front and promoted. Especially with the lack of a primary screenshot displayed on the file page itself, which is another change I'm not fond of. 

I haven't run into any of the technical issues other people have reported, and actually kinda like the new visual design. And the new file uploader works a lot more smoothly for me than the old one ever did. But there's definitely a few irritating hits to functionality in this update. 

assuming you have six 600 x 720 px images, how does this format look to you?

01.jpg.8d3244a35d7b8bddc1953f74f13f817a.jpg 02.jpg.05ae66b6aa0b580b126d2a65bc5c196b.jpg 03.jpg.29ee4d67d1c702c20f5f73a461335d0c.jpg 04.jpg.a176138e091309f7069d3c0a4004d118.jpg 05.jpg.3dd4baef46f37117ace24393cfaa28cc.jpg 07.jpg.0b5bd614549e58b157e7b6113856e35d.jpg

all i did was to place them contiguously separated by one space, then edited their size by double-clicking on each of them and changing it to 120 pixels.

might not be the easiest or the most straightforward solution, but it works.

wish you the best,

E. 

Edited by TomatoEddie
damned fingers going everywhere!

I'm little bit confused here. The main forum page is "green" and secured. (see the picture)

5a0d0960121fd_2017-11-1604_39_28-Skyrim-LoversLab.png.68aef0b0b397c6d297fc827cd8d9824a.png

But, when opening Doa's thread, namely Timmy's stash, I get this:

5a0d09b285df9_2017-11-1604_38_59-DOA5LRTimmysPrivateStashTipsTools-UPDATE(07_12_17)_Converterv0.5..png.47a2526ca86672461b5fc44026fa6b39.png

So, I wonder how come this part of the forum isn't secure since is posted in LL.

13 hours ago, JobiWanUK said:

The thing I miss already; when I log in I first click on 'my content' in my profile icon to see what threads I've taken part in have had replies. This is now missing and it makes it much harder to follow threads.

+1, it's very difficult to see follow-ups on threads contributed to. Also very difficult to respond to thread necros.

2 hours ago, Pauduan said:

+1, it's very difficult to see follow-ups on threads contributed to. Also very difficult to respond to thread necros.

I believe what you are looking for is a default activity stream.

Mouseover top right Activity button -> click on my Activity Streams -> Content I posted in

Guest luvmebby

hey can you remove KLM from the list of Wicked Woohoo animations, its such a tease.  its broken and causing lots of conflicts in game,  also KLM has not been online in over a year.  so I doubt there will be any patched updates anytime soon.   its a shame the best looking anims I saw for opposite sex couples and it doesn't even work.

I don't know if this was reported or not, if it was I apologise for missing it. There's an issue with the mobile site and the ad banner at the top. It stretches the layout horizontally so that when you use the navigation bar at the top of the site, the menu that is supposed to overlay ends up misplaced on the far right off-screen.

Hello All!!!! I just realized that I posted my concern in the wrong area and was wondering why I haven't gotten a response.

Ive been having issues with my game, i uploaded the paste bin link with the wicked whim exception error and last exception error. My game/Origin is up to date. The errors just pop up randomly, i noticed with the pregnancy percentage at 100 my sims still can't get pregnant, I don't even get the notification stating that they may be pregnant.

https://pastebin.com/EJWxJzJe

lastException 11.59.52 AM.txt

WickedWhims_3.2.4.115h_Exception.txt

lastException.txt

Edited by MsSade
The last Exception text is from after I use S4S Studio for my match fixes
8 minutes ago, MsSade said:

Hello All!!!! I just realized that I posted my concern in the wrong area and was wondering why I haven't gotten a response.

Ive been having issues with my game, i uploaded the paste bin link with the wicked whim exception error and last exception error. My game/Origin is up to date. The errors just pop up randomly, i noticed with the pregnancy percentage at 100 my sims still can't get pregnant, I don't even get the notification stating that they may be pregnant.

lastException.txt

This one is definitely the wrong section.

11 minutes ago, MsSade said:

lastException.txt

You're still at the wrong place...