Site questions, comments, and suggestions

5 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

May not be a big thing, but is there any way to do indents in blog entries? I know there are bullet-ed or numbered lists, but that is not exactly what I'm looking for. 

I've added indent to the toolbar now. Next to the list buttons.

Just now, Ashal said:

If you make it a webm and save and upload that, it should work fine.

Did you add the plugin to play directly webm files?

if not you have to download them and then watch (also in the browser)

Just now, AkiKay said:

A little Question: 

Will Mods show on both Versions of Loverslab when uploaded ? Because i really don´t like the new Version.

-Aki

No. The old site is going to disappear.

11 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Sometimes such hostings just remove old files, that is the reason why I didn't wanted to do this, but thank you anyway

7 minutes ago, Ashal said:

If you make it a webm and save and upload that, it should work fine.

Yes, Ashal implemented direct WEBM playing:

Spoiler

GIF

4aebf94e09372df1d830ba952a60a3c9.gif

WEBM

ezgif-4-f7f25f8e91.webm

4 minutes ago, farlibarcai said:

Just checked the themes again and the Carbon extended isn't on the list. Should I use the CSS trick CPU recommended or just wait?

It'll be added back eventually. Probably in a few days once the CSS tweaking slows down.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but viewers of a specific thread are not showing anymore. Also, on the download pages for files, ratings and # of downloads that have occurred in the time the old site was transitioning to the new site are gone.

1 minute ago, lwflashy said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but viewers of a specific thread are not showing anymore. Also, on the download pages for files, ratings and # of downloads that have occurred in the time the old site was transitioning to the new site are gone.

Keep in mind that showing the current viewers of a topic consumes power, and we need to limit the load of the server.

26 minutes ago, CPU said:

Yes, Ashal implemented direct WEBM playing:

Reveal hidden contents

GIF

4aebf94e09372df1d830ba952a60a3c9.gif

WEBM

Your browser does not support the HTML5 video element
ezgif-4-f7f25f8e91.webm

Not to be a downer, but I can't see the webm playing...:confused:

The gif plays fine, and the webm plays fine after I download it, but it just doesn't play on the post.

Edit: In a weird turn of events, the webm plays perfectly on my post with your quoted bit, but still doesn't play at all in the original post for me.

Edit: In another turn of events, both now show up and play properly. Maybe I just had too many tabs open and slowed my browser down. :confused:

Edited by ongwk733

I just came home and I logged in. Instead of the main page I was redirected immidiately on Sims 4 Wicked Whims page.

A question: is there a possibility to tweak/hide/remove this by the user (I didn't see any option under profile settings). I wish user will have the possibility to have their privacy if they want to hide what they have been reading and what content they watched. Thank you. :)

2017-11-14 15_41_04-Elf Prince - LoversLab.png

2 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

Another try to log in. Please, notice that "Download" button is active and just as I logged in I got this message. Something is wrong about my logging in.

2017-11-14 16_01_40-Sorry, you do not have permission for that!.png

Clear all your cookies (or at least any for the www.loverslab.com and loverslab.com domains) and try again. It would also help to know what the url is it's taking you to exactly.

10 minutes ago, Ashal said:

Clear all your cookies (or at least any for the www.loverslab.com and loverslab.com domains) and try again. It would also help to know what the url is it's taking you to exactly.

I did it. Sorry for not mentioning it.  I will try to log in again.

PLEASE, will there be any optional "skins" or styles to choose from?

Something compact, with primary focus on usability?

Sorry if i sound a bit too harsh, but what is it with these new websites? - we're using at least 2 times bigger screens than few years ago, with at least 3 times higher resolution than few years ago, yet somehow these modern sites fit 5 times less information on the screen, while also making it somehow harder to read or to make sense of things.

I find the design of the new site absolutely horrid - everything is big and fat with huge fonts, margins and paddings..

Or maybe LL was always like this and i just forgot? after all i was using what seems like a HEAVILY customized stylesheet that made everything compact and clean, but it stopped working now, and i really really do not want to spend dozens of hours trying to fix it or make a new one.

Not sure if this has been asked but will there is a easier to see report button for posts the old site had a nice big blue button under the users avatar pictures which made it easy to report what needed to be reported but on this site I was searching all over for it because I needed to use it and couldn't see it till today when accidentally moused over the words report post that only becomes easily seen if you mouse over the greyed out text next to the post count. 

**I'm liking the post being saved when typing as it'll save people from pulling out their hair. I just got done typing the above stuff and then hit submit reply only to hit the cloud error screen and was like mother bl**p but when the site came back up all I had to do was click the reply box and everything appeared there as it was before the site drop. No more having to copying what you are getting ready to post just so nothing gets lost if the site goes down while posting and then having to redo everything if you didn't copy it before hand.

Edited by myuhinny

Now that the site has been moved over I notice that viewing a page on secure html prevents you from moving back/forward through a thread.

For instance, in this thread, if I move to https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/?page=13 and hit the 12 page button nothing happens. If I middle mouse button (open in new tab) the link leads to a non-https version

This is on firefox 56, XFCE

Edited by Verstort