Thank you Valcon767 and Reesewow, you helped me understand what this mod is about.  I was looking at things backwards.

About 90% of the mod's content is the player enslavement (the author even plans to add more "games"), plus there's no reason to ever go into debt to hire a follower (all the custom ones are free), AND the mod's MCM screen even has a button that you can press as often as you like to add another 1000 to your debt and put yourself in deeper.  So I concluded that the mod was all about the enslavement aspect.  Without that, it's a fairly simple mod to convert your follower into a money sink, with dire consequences for missing a payment.  Which is disappointing.  (To me.  I know it's all about personal preferences, and different things appeal to different people.  Not trying to deny other people their enjoyment.)

So yeah I concluded (wrongly) that you install this if you want your follower to enslave you (Reesewow hit it exactly with the "soft" slavery phrase).  And that it would be viable to remain in the enslaved state for a lengthy time (you know, the follower does keep offering you deals that only dig you deeper into debt).  You guys have helped me understand that it's the other way around, that the point is to avoid the enslavement.  And that explains why the treatment is so over the top, with the abrupt transition in my follower's personality from friendly, to flaming a-hole. 

When I saw this follower mod, I think it triggered memories of Submissive Lola, with its "soft" slavery, in which it is very viable to play indefinitely as an Adventuring Slave who has a demanding follower.  (I really enjoyed that mod, but eventually it got too repetitive, and the mod never got fully developed before the author was kidnapped by Fallout 4, never to return.)  But I see now that that's not what this mod tries to be.

I forgot to mention before that I like the mod's willpower concept, and how low willpower can restrict the player's choices.  Nice touch.  Though unfortunately that too is in the content that you're supposed to try to avoid. 

I do hope that the author will decide to add a loanshark feature to the follower, as a practical way to become indebted.  I might check back later if I'm ever at the point in a game in which I need a money sink (although about that time I tend to get bored and start another playthrough). 

This is a nice, helpful community.  Thank you again for taking the time to explain this to me. 

So the mod content is not really about being enslaved it's about struggling not to being enslaved.

So with default skyrim this mod is boooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrring but if you tweak the game so devices are harder to remove and gold is harder to come by (or debt build up fast in MCM) so that you will need to make deals with your follower and willpower is harder to recover this mod imo does feel the follower goes from your helper/merc to a total pissed off bitch over a fair amount of time.

I'll answer a few questions.

Borrowing money - I'm not adding this (yrt) because I don't really like the idea of adding a button for gold --> debt it would have to have it's own flavour/system to which considering I'm not doing much work on this atm is a bad idea. (if i get more time... I get back in the mood I will think about it more then considering so many people want it)

Debug options are literally are just cheats and not how the mod was intended to be used but some people just want to see the content and uninstall which, imo isn't the best way to use my mod, it's a computer game people should be able to experience the game as they wish.

As for the way the follower treats you, so on enslavement I consider that you failing your follower totally and there like super pissed off and want to send you a message not to do that again, so it's not ment to be nice! Outside of that willpower and lives change how the follower treats you and talks to you while minor it does give some progression of being equal to being a slave. Admitally, if you get enslaved quickly it is a bit over the top. Outside of the making more branches for follower moods will take me too much time. 

As for the enslavement content it is very basic and needs a rework to fit in with the mod anyway and that's why I added the simple slavery tie in as a alternate to better enslavement content the system building up to imo is awesome and a lot more fun.

As for updates to the mod - I've lost interest in skyrim atm soooo mod progress is slow but I am still here ^^ and reading all your comments/ideas which I do enjoy reading.

1 hour ago, Lozeak said:

As for updates to the mod - I've lost interest in skyrim atm soooo mod progress is slow but I am still here ^^ and reading all your comments/ideas which I do enjoy reading.

Hey, modding is for fun so no point forcing it. :classic_tongue: Will look forward to the possibility of an update at some point for more games, but the mod works fine atm with a bit of TES5Edit surgery to remove ZEP (as a user of ZAP 8.0+).  Have fun with whatever is interesting you atm.

Does anyone else have a problem with the fuck pig scene breaking the follower dialog after it's finished? Or Is it just me? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. 

So the scene plays out as expected. Your follower says 'that will do pig'. DFQ debt is quickly set to 0 and then set again to what it was before but the DFQ dialog does not return afterwards. It goes back to vanilla dialog. I know I can kind of set it back using the MCM but I don't think it's ever really right again afterwards. 

Edit: Forgot to mention. A cell transition during the scene also seems to break the dialog for some reason. Eg: Going from inside an inn to outside. The *nod* dialog disappears. Forget that it's probably just that the cell does not qualify as a town cell. 

18 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Hey, modding is for fun so no point forcing it. :classic_tongue: Will look forward to the possibility of an update at some point for more games, but the mod works fine atm with a bit of TES5Edit surgery to remove ZEP (as a user of ZAP 8.0+).  Have fun with whatever is interesting you atm.

It would really be nice if Lozeak would allow you to, (and that you would be willing to), share your piece of surgery craftsmanship !!  :smile:

2 hours ago, spyke123 said:

It would really be nice if Lozeak would allow you to, (and that you would be willing to), share your piece of surgery craftsmanship !!  :smile:

There isn't any skill involved - just open the mods in TES5Edit and delete the crawling magic effect from DF, then right click->clean masters.  No more ZEP requirement.  Try it for yourself - that's how to learn to make minor edits to mods for yourself.  Google will give you plenty of guides/videos on all of that as well.

Even if Lozeak didn't care I wouldn't want to share an edit that takes < 5 minutes of work, because then I get to be the one getting PMs from people asking me about bugs/issues instead of him. :classic_tongue:

14 hours ago, spyke123 said:

People are free to post any off my content modified (as long as it's on lovers lab, Open source  and free). I will not give support or use it (unless it's really good)

This update was literally request fulfilment for people

It's updated now so no more Zep/Zap/heretical Resources requirement (no more crawling animation ;; though)

Enslavement mittens will transform in combat to gloves so your not so killable.

Device removal now consumes a life from your follower part one of making device removal not being so simple ^^.

Big one is that now when you exceed your enslaved debt you won't get enslaved unless your willpower is low, but instead your follower will take some of your gear and a lot of your gold then reduce your debt to just under enslavement debt cap.

Debt notifications removed and Lives lost notification removed when your follower runs out of lives it has a chance (60%) to tell you, your follower is exhausted but sometime it will just silently add debt .

What this means is you gonna be caught out not realising how much debt you have and to balance this the enslavement doesn't happen until you have low willpower it also means, low willpower can be really dangerous for you.

Sadly new save is required.

4 hours ago, firebinder said:

I've been tempted to give this mod a try, but can anyone tell me - is it as incompatible with Devious Device Helpers (by TurboNerd ) as I think it is?

it is compatible (well somewhat) with that mod

i use both at the same time

the way i get what i want out of both mods is simple:

install both

set MCM settings as desired

make sure that Devious Followers Beta - block custom dialogue IS checked

make sure that Devious Device Helpers - bondage lover IS checked (cannot turn down it's games this way)

doing this works to let Devious Device Helpers play its games (which start with a follower coming up to you in an allowed area and starting conversation),

while letting Devious Followers Beta run as primary (it will do its work all the time).  

in dungeons and dangerous places this mod will normally remove just enough devices to let you continue playing if it is not playing one of its games,

(but cost you either cash or debt). to get to all dialogue with a follower, you can pay off your entire debt (this allows you to either dismiss follower or

access all dialogue).

(note - in an emergency i can uncheck the block custom dialogue box in the MCM to access Devious Device Helpers full dialogue)

you just have to decide which you prefer as primary (and play with settings until you get them to work as you want)

Devious Followers Beta - you struggle to pay enough to prevent enslavement, and plays games both in and outside towns

(and it will remove most game stopping devices for a cost, if it is not currently playing a game)

Devious Device Helpers - designed to remove devices (mostly useful outside of towns), but can play games in allowed locations. it uses keys, or other means to remove devices

(it can cut off some stuff if follower has a knife or dagger but destroys devices removed this way).  blacksmiths can remove any generic

devious device for a cost (and this destroys the device).

both mods will NOT remove other mods quest devices at all

with both installed you can get some interesting results (and even more so if you have Deviously Enslaved Continued with them)

example

i was doing the quest for that mutt Barbaras (Clavicus Vile daedric quest), went into Haemar's Shame and killed the enemies in the very first area.

while looting the corpses Andromeda (my follower) runs up to me and goes "look what i found, you missed some bondage gear back there" (DEC

triggered this).  i responded "well at least we can sell it", follower response was to put it on me instead (due to DEC follower dialogue settings).  turned

out to be a blindfold (now i am blindfolded).  Andromeda less than a minute later helps me put on some "extra armor" that will help me because

i am blindfolded.  now blindfolded and wearing a straightjacket, Andromeda tells me she will release me back in town.  go back to town and play

the game Andromeda wants.  finish that game and Andromeda releases me from the devices i am wearing.  she walks away and walks right back to

me and tells me she wants to see me tied up (Devious Device Helpers started this one), and with bondage lover checked i cannot tell her no.

so lo and behold she looks thru my gear and equips all the devices she can on me that i am carrying (blindfold, straightjacket, pony boots and

gag i had found in the cave).  now to get out of the gear that is preventing me to go back to the cave again i have to pay her to remove the 

gag, straightjacket, and blindfold.   this total is enough to "force" me to take 2 deals from Andromeda to prevent going over the "enslavement

threshold" of Devious Followers Beta. i now have to wear a corset (deal 1) and gloves and boots (deal 2) all the time or get more debt for not

following the deals, with all the risks of running around visibly bound.

both mods do the same thing to an extent - let the player get out of game stoppers in dangerous areas and continue playing, provided you

have a follower along, but the other parts of the mods are different.

Devious Device Helpers play games as a player choice normally (can play or not as you want) which is just locking stuff on you for a while

Devious Followers Beta try to avoid enslavement and under certain circumstances will play games anyway (lock stuff on you and other things too)

Atm, no there isn't. If your willpower is high enough they'll only take 30%ish of your item as it goes lower it's more 60%ish then you get enslaved if it's too low.

The thing, it is intended that it shouldn't happen that often and is avoidable if you make deals/pay your follower that why they just dissappear. That said, I'll look into adding the items to a vendor in skyrim so you can buy them back. (shame your follower took a lot of your gold tho.

7 minutes ago, Lozeak said:

Atm, no there isn't. If your willpower is high enough they'll only take 30%ish of your item as it goes lower it's more 60%ish then you get enslaved if it's too low.

The thing, it is intended that it shouldn't happen that often and is avoidable if you make deals/pay your follower that why they just dissappear. That said, I'll look into adding the items to a vendor in skyrim so you can buy them back. (shame your follower took a lot of your gold tho.

Haven't tried the new update yet but personally I do think either having a way of retrieving your items and/or attaching an MCM toggle to the gear stripping feature would end up being important for personal gameplay enjoyment.  Mostly because I despise crafting/enchanting and like to use the same equipment for a long period of time, so permanently losing non-consumable items would probably result in me reloading my save rather than sucking it up and carrying on.

I do like the idea behind the new slavery safety net however, because it ties into willpower damage (which it sounds like can affect a lot of other things in the mod).  It is still punishing if you forget/screw up, but not instantly full slavery mode.

A few ideas of versions of the feature:

- your vendor idea is great, if say you got a quest marker to the vendor with a guarantee that your items would be there for x amount of time.  Then you could buy back the important stuff that was taken and leave things that aren't so important.  Or if you don't care about the gear that was taken, just ignore it.

- similar to above, but the items end up in a locked chest at a pawnbroker's shop.  You have to pay the pawnbroker a finder's fee to get access to the chest and recover your items.  This would probably be a simpler version than full vendor idea.

- have an MCM menu option where the gear stolen could be restricted to consumables only (food/scrolls/potions ect), or turned off entirely - gold will always be completely drained.

Have to say that I am really enjoying this mod. Using one of the earlier versions, not sure which, but works as advertised. I am looking forward to using the update.

I started the mod with pretty low settings to see the mechanics in action, and then raised them pretty high. I love the mittens, as they tend to force me to keep my PC close to home, unable to hold weapons and all that. The enslavement portion of the mod works quite well as a forced prostitution mod, which has  been sorely needed. Hands in mittens, there are not many ways to make money, unless one wants to risk the wilds. Each enslavement puts the game on hold while my PC desperately works her butt off trying to buy her way out of those darned, pesky mittens!

One suggestion though, change the gag to a ring gag, or maybe just lose it all together. The ball gag is not respected by sexlab, and the updated gags can break dialogs, even with a mod that allows talking thru them.

Anyway, thank you for making and most of all, sharing this mod, it is a lot of fun, and fills a niche I've been missing quite nicely. 

8 hours ago, valcon767 said:

it is compatible (well somewhat) with that mod

i use both at the same time

the way i get what i want out of both mods is simple:

install both

set MCM settings as desired

make sure that Devious Followers Beta - block custom dialogue IS checked

make sure that Devious Device Helpers - bondage lover IS checked (cannot turn down it's games this way)

doing this works to let Devious Device Helpers play its games (which start with a follower coming up to you in an allowed area and starting conversation),

while letting Devious Followers Beta run as primary (it will do its work all the time).  

in dungeons and dangerous places this mod will normally remove just enough devices to let you continue playing if it is not playing one of its games,

(but cost you either cash or debt). to get to all dialogue with a follower, you can pay off your entire debt (this allows you to either dismiss follower or

access all dialogue).

(note - in an emergency i can uncheck the block custom dialogue box in the MCM to access Devious Device Helpers full dialogue)

you just have to decide which you prefer as primary (and play with settings until you get them to work as you want)

Devious Followers Beta - you struggle to pay enough to prevent enslavement, and plays games both in and outside towns

(and it will remove most game stopping devices for a cost, if it is not currently playing a game)

Devious Device Helpers - designed to remove devices (mostly useful outside of towns), but can play games in allowed locations. it uses keys, or other means to remove devices

(it can cut off some stuff if follower has a knife or dagger but destroys devices removed this way).  blacksmiths can remove any generic

devious device for a cost (and this destroys the device).

both mods will NOT remove other mods quest devices at all

with both installed you can get some interesting results (and even more so if you have Deviously Enslaved Continued with them)

example

Reveal hidden contents

i was doing the quest for that mutt Barbaras (Clavicus Vile daedric quest), went into Haemar's Shame and killed the enemies in the very first area.

while looting the corpses Andromeda (my follower) runs up to me and goes "look what i found, you missed some bondage gear back there" (DEC

triggered this).  i responded "well at least we can sell it", follower response was to put it on me instead (due to DEC follower dialogue settings).  turned

out to be a blindfold (now i am blindfolded).  Andromeda less than a minute later helps me put on some "extra armor" that will help me because

i am blindfolded.  now blindfolded and wearing a straightjacket, Andromeda tells me she will release me back in town.  go back to town and play

the game Andromeda wants.  finish that game and Andromeda releases me from the devices i am wearing.  she walks away and walks right back to

me and tells me she wants to see me tied up (Devious Device Helpers started this one), and with bondage lover checked i cannot tell her no.

so lo and behold she looks thru my gear and equips all the devices she can on me that i am carrying (blindfold, straightjacket, pony boots and

gag i had found in the cave).  now to get out of the gear that is preventing me to go back to the cave again i have to pay her to remove the 

gag, straightjacket, and blindfold.   this total is enough to "force" me to take 2 deals from Andromeda to prevent going over the "enslavement

threshold" of Devious Followers Beta. i now have to wear a corset (deal 1) and gloves and boots (deal 2) all the time or get more debt for not

following the deals, with all the risks of running around visibly bound.

both mods do the same thing to an extent - let the player get out of game stoppers in dangerous areas and continue playing, provided you

have a follower along, but the other parts of the mods are different.

Devious Device Helpers play games as a player choice normally (can play or not as you want) which is just locking stuff on you for a while

Devious Followers Beta try to avoid enslavement and under certain circumstances will play games anyway (lock stuff on you and other things too)

I think you covered everything I needed to know. I'm almost at a point where I'm ready to start a new play-through, so it's a good time to experiment. I think I will give this one a try. Thanks!

On 4/4/2018 at 5:45 AM, Monoman1 said:

Does anyone else have a problem with the fuck pig scene breaking the follower dialog after it's finished? Or Is it just me? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. 

So the scene plays out as expected. Your follower says 'that will do pig'. DFQ debt is quickly set to 0 and then set again to what it was before but the DFQ dialog does not return afterwards. It goes back to vanilla dialog. I know I can kind of set it back using the MCM but I don't think it's ever really right again afterwards. 

Edit: Forgot to mention. A cell transition during the scene also seems to break the dialog for some reason. Eg: Going from inside an inn to outside. The *nod* dialog disappears. Forget that it's probably just that the cell does not qualify as a town cell. 

I've had that issue semi-consistently when testing the mod with AFT, EFF, and even vanilla. I've not said anything about it because I've never been able to pin down the actual cause. If I ever figure out what's actually causing it, be it a mod or a problem with DF, I'll absolutely post it here.

The problem is it's not definitely repeatable. Changing cells is probably a don't-do for certain, but I can't figure it out for certain because follower mods seemingly don't affect it, and I can't get it to consistently trigger with just this mod and requirements enabled on a fresh save, or by changing cells. It does  seem to happen more often on cell change, though. I just don't know yet, and that's why I've kept quiet on it.

So far it'd been about 90% failure, 10% success, which just makes it harder to isolate, because there's far fewer indications as to why it fails.

Perfect timing after I had an NMM disaster forcing a full rebuild of Mods and of course a new game..  Liking the looks of the changes from the description. Always happy to see an update to this mod no matter how long it takes.. We all get sidetracked from Skyrim from time to time but it is good to see you still think of us .. 

19 hours ago, Reesewow said:

- similar to above, but the items end up in a locked chest at a pawnbroker's shop.  You have to pay the pawnbroker a finder's fee to get access to the chest and recover your items.  This would probably be a simpler version than full vendor idea.

ohhh i LIKE this idea.  should not be to hard to do at first (i think) and leaves lots of possibilities for future stuff that can be done such as:

1 - first time is a 20-50% gold fee (of value of the items)

2 - second time could be 100% gold fee

3 - third time could be you have to work in store (naked model) for x days to get the stuff again

4 - fourth time you have to serve  (take care of shop owner's sexual needs) the shop owner x times to get into chest again

5 - fifth time shop owner has you make a delivery (similar to CD Shop) to somewhere (naked and bound) and after you make the delivery and make it back 

shop owner releases you bindings and lets you in chest

you get the idea .... there is a ton of ways this could be expanded on if it is put in.

Okay I finally installed this mod and have been playing it for a short while. Deliberately got enslaved by my follower, just to see how it works. Overall I like how it works; it's a very well done mod. But, I do have a couple of suggestions.

I'd really like to see the nakedness requirement while outdoors made optional. You see, I use the mod Hypothermia, which means if you run around naked in cold weather, you will soon freeze to death. I also use the SkyRealism Carryweight mod, which means if I don't have a backpack equiped (which DF seems to count as clothing) I can't carry very much at all. In both cases being allowed clothing would solve the difficulty. Perhaps an option to permit clothing but not armor? Or allow specific clothing items?

I also have an issue with the Town Slave Collar, although this is more a personal preference thing. While it looks very cool, the long chain on the Town Slave Collar is way to energetic while I'm running. It bounces around like crazy and is very distracting. A simpler slave collar might be a better choice.

Anyway, great mod, and I look forward to seeing further developments.

On 06/04/2018 at 12:10 AM, just_Gina said:

Have to say that I am really enjoying this mod. Using one of the earlier versions, not sure which, but works as advertised. I am looking forward to using the update.

I started the mod with pretty low settings to see the mechanics in action, and then raised them pretty high. I love the mittens, as they tend to force me to keep my PC close to home, unable to hold weapons and all that. The enslavement portion of the mod works quite well as a forced prostitution mod, which has  been sorely needed. Hands in mittens, there are not many ways to make money, unless one wants to risk the wilds. Each enslavement puts the game on hold while my PC desperately works her butt off trying to buy her way out of those darned, pesky mittens!

One suggestion though, change the gag to a ring gag, or maybe just lose it all together. The ball gag is not respected by sexlab, and the updated gags can break dialogs, even with a mod that allows talking thru them.

Anyway, thank you for making and most of all, sharing this mod, it is a lot of fun, and fills a niche I've been missing quite nicely. 

Thanks for the comment ^^, changing it to a ring gag is easy enough. I think there are way to get sexlab to run the right animation though using the correct DD settings and disabling the Zap settings.

17 minutes ago, user9120975435 said:

Loved this mod, agree with firebinder about nakedness and Frostfall, and also ran into a serious problem: this mod forces the player to be essential and there is no way to turn it off. The mod will even override when trying to use console command to disable essential status.

Nakedness thing I will look into (maybe too hard to remove) and essential status thing I'll remove.

So updated, not much added the only "new" content is the borrow money from follower. (it uses a life each time to borrow some)

I tweaked the enslavement fail end, it literally screws you so hard now and the item lost are gone. (it's incredibly hard to fail enslavment but if you think failing is the easy way out good luck)

The items taken from you by the follower are now sold to Belethor in whiterun so you can rebuy them though I'm guessing your gonna need some coin for them why not "borrow" the money haha.

So the naked thing, I'll work on it I don't know how Hypotherma/The popular one works. I don't want to make it so you can wear anything useful when you are ment to be naked.