3 hours ago, seddonac said:

Included within DD are two outfits called Tentacle Monster A and B. These outfits can be built in Bodyslide but how do you obtain these items for use?

There are no armor records for it. So, you can either add them yourself or use a mod like this one.

3 hours ago, junky1234 said:

I don't see any of the devices listed in bodyside. Is that normal?

The only one not listed are ones that attach to the head. Gags, blindfolds...

If you not seeing anything, then you have a bad install.

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

It's Fallout 4 AI and nothing helps.

Actually it's a DD flaw. Real Handcuffs doesn't have the bug. They will remain cuffed and crouch and hide as soon as enemies are aggroed. humm... wonder if adding a package to restrained NPC's like RH does would work?

8 hours ago, Elsidia said:

maybe. But i don't know how to work with packages. Bethesda doesn't left any tutorials. I learn all by studying other modders scripts and minimal info on forums.

Real Handcuffs includes Papyrus script source code, in case anyone wants to learn by studying its scripts.

13 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

The problem is that package not in scripts but in CK or xedit

Ahh, yep, you could open RealHandcuffs.esp in FO4Edit, but it could be a lot like fumbling around in the dark unless you know exactly what you're looking for and where to find it.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:25 PM, Pyskiper said:

I have found the Problem. The Problem was a mod that unpauses the game (Fallsouls) when in pipboy mode. So it seems that the equip and unequip textboxes only appear when game is paused or something, so with the mod that unpauses the game it had problems.

Well that is a shame but what can you do...

Oh gods, thank you for this post.

I've been tearing my hair off for hours trying to figure out what was messing up my DD stuff.

5 hours ago, Elsidia said:

The problem is that package not in scripts but in CK or xedit

You can see the "packages" in xEdit, which also shows what script is attached to the package... if it has one attached. Looking at them in the CK, gives a better view of what flags are ticked and such. At least for me, it makes it a lot easier to understand exactly what it's doing, or trying to do.

Packages are just the instruction manual for NPC behavior.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:54 AM, izzyknows said:

As few as possible.

Don't put movement restricting (arm binders, leg/wrist cuffs etc) on settlers. Don't put the stuff on enemy NPC's, Raiders, Gunners... they are not persistent/unique and can cause issues when re-spawning. Don't store a bunch in containers..and just so you know, NPC's are containers too. ;)

As with settlers don't put restrictive items on companions. If you use a mod like Violate that will equip DD items on companions, turn that feature Off. I like to use Boston Devious Helper to remove DD items from the PC, and have it set to destroy the items on removal.

The DD database fix posted several pages back will show you how many items are in the database when an item is removed.

BTW, if you want to get to know a mod, use xEdit, Notepad++ and Better Console and even the Creation Kit if ya feeling froggy.

The only time I normally get or equip any DD items is when Violate equips them and then the game freezes on next save.  I disabled DD in Violate and everything works fine.  I tried putting on several DD items and went days without conflicts, but the moment Violate tries to equip them instant freeze on next save.  From this I would guess that it's not just the number of items (since when I saw these posts I tried getting them from ESP many many times and stored a ton of them in containers and still played, saved, loaded for days) but it's also conflicting with mods that equip them (since I tried a new play through leaving DD enabled in Violate and instant freeze few minutes after leaving the vault and a raider equipped a few items).  

I've been using DD and Violate for years and just dealt with the freezes until it was so frustrating that I just quit using LL mods for a while before I just quit playing FO4.  I recently started back to make these discoveries and as much as I love DD, it will be forever disabled and just wear what I want when I want since it no longer freezes.

3 hours ago, Raistln1971 said:

The only time I normally get or equip any DD items is when Violate equips them and then the game freezes on next save.  I disabled DD in Violate and everything works fine.  I tried putting on several DD items and went days without conflicts, but the moment Violate tries to equip them instant freeze on next save.  From this I would guess that it's not just the number of items (since when I saw these posts I tried getting them from ESP many many times and stored a ton of them in containers and still played, saved, loaded for days) but it's also conflicting with mods that equip them (since I tried a new play through leaving DD enabled in Violate and instant freeze few minutes after leaving the vault and a raider equipped a few items).  

I've been using DD and Violate for years and just dealt with the freezes until it was so frustrating that I just quit using LL mods for a while before I just quit playing FO4.  I recently started back to make these discoveries and as much as I love DD, it will be forever disabled and just wear what I want when I want since it no longer freezes.

I haven't seen that myself, but I configure Violate's MCM to only apply DDs to the player not followers, and limit the number of DDs it is allowed to apply to 2 for sanity. I also use Rogg's DD Items Manager to set the chances for collars (because they can conflict with other mods which rely on applying them and keeping them on), armbinders, gloves, hoods and straitjackets/straitjacket dresses all to 0% so that Violate won't try to apply those.

Edit: Oh! The freeze on save, yes I use the available patch to minimize that, sorry.

Edited by vaultbait

Hi everyone.
So Ive just installed the game and all the requirements for this mod to work alongside with some extras.
But whenever I launch the game it just crashes and it would seem to be DD that causes the crash(figured by elimination).
Any tips/advises I could use? 
I'm using nexus mod manager to install mods and stuff with F4SE(launching my game with that).

35 minutes ago, ArcaneWhore said:

Hi everyone.
So Ive just installed the game and all the requirements for this mod to work alongside with some extras.
But whenever I launch the game it just crashes and it would seem to be DD that causes the crash(figured by elimination).
I'm using nexus mod manager to install mods and stuff with F4SE(launching my game with that).

Generally as instant crash is due to missing requirements... generally.

40 minutes ago, ArcaneWhore said:

Hi everyone.

Did you manually install F4SE? or did you just let NMM do it?

If you didn't manually move the F4SE files into your FO4 Data folder, it won't work properly.  I made this mistake initially, and once I got F4SE properly installed, my crashing problems disappeared

7 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

If you didn't manually move the F4SE files into your FO4 Data folder, it won't work properly.

The "data" folder is not where F4SE goes. You extract all of it into the Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4