36 minutes ago, Sephrajin said:

Great 'clothing' mod, thanks for making and sharing it :)

But I do have one issue, not limited to this one item, but I use it as example.

There are 2 different "Black Latex Corset", one comes in a stack of 2, the other in a stack of 10 within the ESP Explorer menu.

1) I can only equip an/y NPC with the ones of the 2-stack

2) When done so, trying to save the game results in a total freeze = manual game shutdown = not saved.

Anyone else experienced such issues?

Any workarounds / fixes for that?

The only results I found on the topic, where back from 2017, and those stated that "a corset" should work fine.

Thank you 

Don't use ESP Explorer. Just craft what you need at the restraints workbench. And.. the more DD items you have in the world/containers the more issues you'll have.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Don't use ESP Explorer. Just craft what you need at the restraints workbench. And.. the more DD items you have in the world/containers the more issues you'll have.

Where do I find/learn the "restraints workbench" please?

Because I cannot see this in my "workbench - menu".

EDIT:

Also, I see neither a MCM entry nor did I find a holotape-setting item.

Edited by Sephrajin
6 hours ago, izzyknows said:
7 hours ago, Sephrajin said:

[...]

within the ESP Explorer menu

[...]

trying to save the game results in a total freeze = manual game shutdown = not saved.

[...]

To be clear, every copy of a DD item spawned adds running scripts. Opening it in ESP Explorer basically adds thousands of scripts to your running game. If you had somehow managed to get it to save, that save file would also have been massively broken. As stated, craft items at the workbench, buy them from Kimy in the Memory Den, or use the console to spawn singular copies of the items you want. Alternatively, rely on other mods which add DD items to you (Deviously Cursed Wasteland, Violate, Sexual Harassment, Raider Pet, Barbarous Continent... the list of possibilities there is too long to recount).

22 hours ago, Sephrajin said:

2) When done so, trying to save the game results in a total freeze = manual game shutdown = not saved.

This is DD error by database using: there in thread was fix for it. Also even with this fix game saves long.

Without fix save can take up to 30 minutes in real life. With fix and fast pc it can take up to 5 minutes.

22 hours ago, Sephrajin said:

1) I can only equip an/y NPC with the ones of the 2-stack

In mod are error - one of corset doesn't have  dummy armor item. Because it can't be equipped to NPC. Need add to it this armor addon in xedit. Also most of latex dresses don't have this too.

Edited by Elsidia
19 hours ago, vaultbait said:

To be clear, every copy of a DD item spawned adds running scripts. <...>

Oh yes, didnt thought of that..

Quite obvious as it has to check wether all the requirements are met to be able to 'unwear' something - per item.

Though...

19 hours ago, vaultbait said:

<...> Opening it in ESP Explorer basically adds thousands of scripts to your running game.<...>

In the end, I dont think it makes a difference - at all - wether I buy 1 of every item, or spawn 1 per item via console or explorer.

But granted, from the esp list - they are alot faster (as in: less effort) 'spawned', but then again, you could just give yourself 100k caps and buy everything at once.

The result always is "120 items" (scripts) either way - which is/was too much.

(though... I once wanted 5 items of one type but clicked once too often - so I got 505 items (+119 others)...)

That behaviour was just the 'get to know that mod', not the actual gameplay.. anyway, it is good to be aware of that.

More importantly now would be, is there some sort of a recomended 'total cap'?

I think this is the first mod that has 'a script' attached to its items, aside of Sim Settlements (to which I'm fairly new too).

So I really have "no numbers to play with", other than that about 620 items are too much for sure.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Sephrajin said:

In the end, I dont think it makes a difference - at all - wether I buy 1 of every item, or spawn 1 per item via console or explorer.

You don't seem to understand how ESP Explorer works. When you open a plugin with it, a container is created in which 5 of every item provided by that plugin get initially added. These items are all now in your game. And so are their scripts. You don't even need to take any of the objects from the plugin container for that to happen. So, yes, if by "buy or spawn 1 of every item" you mean "5 or more of every item all at the exact same moment" then it's similar, sure.

6 hours ago, Sephrajin said:

More importantly now would be, is there some sort of a recomended 'total cap'?

As few as possible.

Don't put movement restricting (arm binders, leg/wrist cuffs etc) on settlers. Don't put the stuff on enemy NPC's, Raiders, Gunners... they are not persistent/unique and can cause issues when re-spawning. Don't store a bunch in containers..and just so you know, NPC's are containers too. ;)

As with settlers don't put restrictive items on companions. If you use a mod like Violate that will equip DD items on companions, turn that feature Off. I like to use Boston Devious Helper to remove DD items from the PC, and have it set to destroy the items on removal.

The DD database fix posted several pages back will show you how many items are in the database when an item is removed.

BTW, if you want to get to know a mod, use xEdit, Notepad++ and Better Console and even the Creation Kit if ya feeling froggy.

Hey looking for help here. Myself and my companions got defeated and violated and I have devious devices installed so afterwards we got equipped with a bunch of devices. Before I could properly take them off using keys, another mod stripped me of all my items and thus left me with the scripts of the devious devices still running. I don't remember which items they were so I was wondering if there was a console command or some way to either remove the scripts on myself and companions or a way to track down which items those were so I can buy them from the devious devices merchant and properly remove them.

I tried buying and removing similar items (one of my companions has a vibrate script so I bought a random vibrator, equipped, then properly removed with key) but that hasn't removed the script so I was wondering if I need the exact item.

21 hours ago, icehaku said:

I tried buying and removing similar items

Scripts not attached to character but effects. And this method must remove effects. If not, then after remove item you unlock armor (unlock me before exit) or if not that means effects still are on NPC.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Is it possible to lock DDs on followers? They always unequip them when I change follower and redress their vanilla outfit.

They shouldn't be changing outfits at all... ever. Many times I've had them running around settlements wearing only a collar or a gag or piercings (items that are not slot 33) and they never change outfits.

I have had AAF glitch out and put their vanilla outfits back on.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

They shouldn't be changing outfits at all... ever. Many times I've had them running around settlements wearing only a collar or a gag or piercings (items that are not slot 33) and they never change outfits.

I have had AAF glitch out and put their vanilla outfits back on.

Well, they do change. Often they wear vanilla outfit and when I faststravel back they wear the equipped DDs.

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

Well, they do change. Often they wear vanilla outfit and when I faststravel back they wear the equipped DDs.

Then you have something messing with companions. The items have scripts attached that lock them, among other things, and whatever is messing with them will cause issues.  That's why ya never want to use DD items on companions... or at least be very careful. LOL

16 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Almost never during animations

If you mean AAF, then those not integrated into DD (both not know about both). That means AAF use standard voices and don't check if you wear a gag. Also DD not send animations signal because they don't know about AAF mod. The other picture is in Skyrim where both are write as integrated for both and DD send signal to Sexlab about gags.

2 hours ago, Elsidia said:

If you mean AAF, then those not integrated into DD (both not know about both). That means AAF use standard voices and don't check if you wear a gag. Also DD not send animations signal because they don't know about AAF mod. The other picture is in Skyrim where both are write as integrated for both and DD send signal to Sexlab about gags.

Of course I mean AAF. It's the only working animation mod, isn't it? I wonder why DD doesn't work together with AAF. Was DD designed to work with 4play?

1 minute ago, xyzxyz said:

Was DD designed to work with 4play?

DD is designed work without any animations mod. I don't know why, maybe then when it was write no animation mod was active. DD is designed work with Torture devices and F4SS. Scripts in DD was write by F4SS author. And even that in DD was bug in script, was it used in F4SS. I don't know why, but without that bug F4SS not work)

5 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Of course I mean AAF. It's the only working animation mod, isn't it? I wonder why DD doesn't work together with AAF. Was DD designed to work with 4play?

Why would it?

It contains no animations for AAF to play.

IF a mod author wanted to use the restraints/outfits in their animations, they can. DD is a framework for that reason. If the sounds are not playing like they're suppose to, you have an issue with DD, not AAF.

AAF does not play sound, the sounds are generally baked into the animations themselves.

44 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Why would it?

It contains no animations for AAF to play.

IF a mod author wanted to use the restraints/outfits in their animations, they can. DD is a framework for that reason. If the sounds are not playing like they're suppose to, you have an issue with DD, not AAF.

AAF does not play sound, the sounds are generally baked into the animations themselves.

Are there any animations specifically designed to recognize DDs? I know there are bound animations but they ignore DDs too.

37 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Are there any animations specifically designed to recognize DDs? I know there are bound animations but they ignore DDs too.

DD presents the "behavior" of the player.

AAF presents the player's "performance".

These are two concepts.

The latter's body movements in the process of performance are given by animators

It's not that you think the behavior of players outside the AAF scene is the state of hands restraint, and the characters in the AAF "performance" will also be the state of hands restraint.

It has nothing to do with whether or not the person is wearing DD equipment.

Even if detected, additional scripts are needed to invoke additional animations.

At present, there is no such animation.

The handcuffs in Leito's animation are the only "performing" animation that is restrained.

-----

Therefore, one of the characteristics of the new framework currently working with EGO is to directly replace "33 body" to present "restraint".

In this way, no matter outside the AAF scene or inside the AAF scene, you can set "33 body equipment" unchanged through the AAF XML, and then any ordinary animation will become "restraint" style animation visually.

Of course, this is not the best way, because the physical cooperation between men and women will be separated due to the change of one's appearance, but in general, For example, it's no problem that ordinary oral sex becomes restricted oral sex.

Edited by kziitd
8 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Not that I know of. Probably because of how the items are scripted and would require the animators to be a bit of a code monkey to make them work correctly.  Just a guess.

But, the DD items could be made to over ride the animations, like Real Handcuffs does. You'd need to edit the DD scripts to do it.

19 hours ago, izzyknows said:

But, the DD items could be made to over ride the animations, like Real Handcuffs does. You'd need to edit the DD scripts to do it.

The issue happens because of the way DD items are scripted, combined with the AAF body double.

When you equip a DD item, you equip the "inventory" item.  This has the scripts that apply the bondage Arm Offset animations.  Then the scripts equip the "rendered" item on you.  The "rendered" item is just the visual object, it has no scripts on it.

When an AAF animation starts, the DD "rendered" items get copied to the body double.  But that means all the initialization steps that are performed by equipping the "inventory" item get skipped.

It should be possible to make a quick script that listens for AAF OnSceneInit, checks if the player is in the animation and is wearing DD, and unequips the rendered device and re-equip the inventory device on the body double.  It has to happen before the actual animation starts (so OnSceneInit and not OnAnimationStart) otherwise DD's ChangeAnimationArchetype will clobber the idle being played by AAF.

For example, my character was wearing a black latex armbinder and gets into a sex scene.  Notice the body double's arms are not using the DD Arm Offset animations.

image.png

Now I unequip the rendered device and equip the inventory device.  That causes the proper scripts to run:

image.png

And...

image.png

This is one of the many little complications that Real Handcuffs and that the new thing Kziitd and I are working on avoid.  But it can be overcome.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

The issue happens because of the way DD items are scripted, combined with the AAF body double.

When you equip a DD item, you equip the "inventory" item.  This has the scripts that apply the bondage Arm Offset animations.  Then the scripts equip the "rendered" item on you.  The "rendered" item is just the visual object, it has no scripts on it.

When an AAF animation starts, the DD "rendered" items get copied to the body double.  But that means all the initialization steps that are performed by equipping the "inventory" item get skipped.

It should be possible to make a quick script that listens for AAF OnSceneInit, checks if the player is in the animation and is wearing DD, and unequips the rendered device and re-equip the inventory device on the body double.  It has to happen before the actual animation starts (so OnSceneInit and not OnAnimationStart) otherwise DD's ChangeAnimationArchetype will clobber the idle being played by AAF.

For example, my character was wearing a black latex armbinder and gets into a sex scene.  Notice the body double's arms are not using the DD Arm Offset animations.

image.png

Now I unequip the rendered device and equip the inventory device.  That causes the proper scripts to run:

image.png

And...

image.png

This is one of the many little complications that Real Handcuffs and that the new thing Kziitd and I are working on avoid.  But it can be overcome.

Can the Injured animation cover the animation in AAF? I thought it couldn't be covered.

-------------

Oh, it's really. can be covered

1400071694_Fallout42021-06-2221-26-10-68.png.c93fbc0f4afd0e8753b84eca2c37e94f.png

Edited by kziitd

Here is a patch that enables proper DD animations on the AAF body double.   If it detects that the player has started an AAF scene, it will check for DD and TD animation keywords on the player and apply any that are found to the body double, then set the double's Animation Archetype to kick off the animations.  This is more efficient than trying to find the inventory device for each worn rendered device, but has the same effect.  It works for me, please give it a test and let me know.

image.png

Devious Devices AAF Support.7z