Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

2 hours ago, rogynest said:

Hi,

I asked this in the DDI thread, but I think it fits better here now that I've also tested it with the latest development branch.

When the player character is wearing an armbinder and a hobble dress, she is unable to shout, despite being able to shout wearing each item on its own - is this intended behaviour?

Not a huge deal, but in the mod I'm writing, there's a section where the character has to shout while wearing both of these restraints.  Is there a way for me to work around this, maybe by adding/removing keywords from my custom devices (copies of the elbowbinder and extreme hobble dress)?

Many thanks,

Rog

P.S.  The new stuff, particularly the rope restraints, look incredible!

I think this is related to the disabling of the Bound Combat system while wearing a dress together with an armbinder.

2 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

Do you mean you get the armbinder idle instead of the elbowbinder idle for the rope binders, or that you have the rope armbinder mesh being generated in the wrong folder after building it in bodyslide? Or both? I might not have been clear with my last post, sorry. I do get the first problem with UUNP, but not the second.

Wrong idle (armpose), and both rope meshes seems to be for the elbowbinder (both to tight), but seems Kimy allready adressed that.

1 hour ago, josh97 said:

when I equip the strict rope binder my hands disappear and move into position but the model for the binder does not show up, any help would be appreciated.

If you're using cbbe, check post #1779. The cbbe sliderset builds the mesh to the wrong folder, so you'll need to drop it in the proper place manually.

13 minutes ago, cainarion said:

Hi!

I have an problem with the animation of the rope armbinder ( see below) from one of the latest commit of 4.1 is it a bug in DD or is it only on my side?

Thank you for your answers.

It's down to an incorrect keyword on the rope binders and it's happening for everyone. Kimy has said she's going to fix it. (post #1788)

I was just browsing through the SSE conversions tracking thread and saw something interesting. Apparently people trying to get the devious mods running in SSE have been experiencing a lot of crashes they think are related to DDx. Someone has discovered that one of the DDx textures is 513x512 instead of 512x512. Specifically it's the cuffsPadded_silver_em.dds in textures\devious\xpduderino. Now, I don't know if that really could crash the game, or if it's something that would only crash SSE but be fine here in original Skyrim, but I thought it might be worth mentioning just in case it's something that might need fixing here anyway.

Here's the post talking about it.

9 hours ago, Kimy said:

People shouldn't run stuff in SSE that's not meant to run in SSE...

Can't say I disagree with that, and I'm not currently running SSE at all myself. Why I mentioned it though, is in case the oddly-sized texture might cause a problem in original Skyrim. I probably wasn't clear in my wording.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

... . Someone has discovered that one of the DDx textures is 513x512 instead of 512x512. Specifically it's the cuffsPadded_silver_em.dds in textures\devious\xpduderino. ...

Wow! Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. 513*512, eh? I wonder how that happened, particularly when I had no reason to resize the texture in the first place. The original _em is already in 512². Huh! Did I stumble on the keypad or something? Anyway, a fix will be in DD4.1

3 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Wow! Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. 513*512, eh? I wonder how that happened, particularly when I had no reason to resize the texture in the first place. The original _em is already in 512². Huh! Did I stumble on the keypad or something? Anyway, a fix will be in DD4.1

For future reference, Ordenador notifies and fixes any textures it finds with incorrect dimensions.

Im just wondering if that is on purpose or not there are Transparent Restrictive Boots, Corset and Collar but there are no Gloves? Or i fucked up something installing it?

I noticed some weird things the Boots don`t really fit at the feet part don`t know why. But the leg part is all good. And there are weird "triangles" to see on the corset. I couldn`t test the collar yet because im stuck in a quest collar. :smiley: This is a bug on my end maybe some weird textures on my body or are the clothing parts just that way?

RqAQalNb.jpgKPmIfnJq.jpgzlq7z0IQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Mexicola88 said:

Im just wondering if that is on purpose or not there are Transparent Restrictive Boots, Corset and Collar but there are no Gloves? Or i fucked up something installing it?

I noticed some weird things the Boots don`t really fit at the feet part don`t know why. But the leg part is all good. And there are weird "triangles" to see on the corset. I couldn`t test the collar yet because im stuck in a quest collar. :smiley: This is a bug on my end maybe some weird textures on my body or are the clothing parts just that way?

RqAQalNb.jpgKPmIfnJq.jpgzlq7z0IQ.jpg

the same thing hear no gloves.

6 hours ago, Mexicola88 said:

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it. Are you using the CBBE or UUNP sliders?

Gloves are still WIP.

New commit:

- Added new event animations for tripping over your boots/heels and for being out of breath when wearing a corset.

- Fixed the keyword that made the rope binder use the wrong arm pose.

- Updated the gag expression for the new ball gags. It should work now. Maybe.

12 hours ago, Kimy said:

- Fixed the keyword that made the rope binder use the wrong arm pose.

1 hour ago, Mirabo said:

The rope armbinder now misses the unlock button for me.

Can confirm this.

The Rendered records now have the correct keyword, so the arms are in the proper pose, but the only option when interacting with them when worn is "Carry on."

It looks like the Inventory records are pointing to armbinder settings, rather than elbowbinder. All the struggle idles point to armbinder ones, and - presumably the main problem with being unable to interact with them when worn - the zad_DeviceMsg property points to zad_DeviceArmbinderMSG instead of zad_DeviceElbowbinderMSG.

edit - Yeah, I just made a quick patch plugin to test it out. Changing the above message from armbinder to elbowbinder fixes the issue. I switched the struggle idles too, and everything played out nicely.