Kimy

Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

26 minutes ago, Kimy said:

As I said somewhere above, the CBBE armbinder doesn't use Bodyslide and WILL look a bit off on CBBE Slim. It was built for CBBE Curvy. It's not off by much, but yes, it is noticeable.

The catsuits should be Bodyslide supported, though.

Thanks for the reply.

The armbinder has been like that for while, not a big deal.

Only noticable when I look for it.

The old catsuits: the Black, Ebonite etc. are all fine.

But the new coloured ones use the curvy body for me.

I see these catsuits in Bodyslide:

Cursed Loot mxw Catsuit

Cursed Loot mxw Catsuit TBBP

mxw Body TBBP

DCL - CBBE - MXW_Catsuit

DCL - CBBE - MXW_Catsuit TBBP

DDX - CBBE MXW_Catsuit

DDX - CBBE MXW_Catsuit TBBP

mxw Catsuit

mxw Catsuit Transparent

mxw Catsuit TBBP T

mxw Body TBBP

Am I missing one or are the overwriting or something.

New commit:

- Added several sets of pony animations to use with or without wrist restraints. The effects are trigged by a keyword that can be present on ANY DD device. Mind you, that the existing pony devices in DD do not (yet) trigger the effects. For testing purposes, there is a device "Pony Collar" (zad_PonyCollar_Inventory) in DDI that can be spawned in the console and will trigger the effects.

- Added a reimplementation of the popular Destroy Key feature. Like its predecessor, it can be toggled by the user in MCM. It is now quest-safe, though. Modders do NOT have to write workarounds to make sure it doesn't destroy their quest keys. Keys will only be consumed if a keyword (zad_NonUniqueKey) is present on the key. The DD framework keys are enabled for this feature.

- The NPC bound animations should now be resilient against cell changes, even for followers.

5 minutes ago, CovertDemon said:

Would there be plans on adding mouth corsets in the future?

I had to google what you meant.

There already is a restrictive collar that looks alot like those things.

Just tried bound combat for the first time.

I can't even do most kick she does with my hand free.

It is also probably not possible to do them since you usually use your full boby to create momentum and to keep balance.

But that is besides the point.

The animations looks great, but when you kick a blocking opponent you get the vanilla stagger animation which means the arms leave the armbinder for a second.

19 minutes ago, Techpriest said:

In general all bodyslide items could get a rename. Some are duplicated (also between mods) and some don't fully describe what they are.

Agreed, but that's some grunt work I am probably continuing finding good excuses for not doing. :smiley:

34 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Agreed, but that's some grunt work I am probably continuing finding good excuses for not doing. :smiley:

Honestly the redundancy isn't that big of an issue assuming the results are the same and one of the versions isn't outdated to the point it would cause a problem. 

I think one thing that might help a lot is consolidating all of the groups in Cursed Loot under one obvious Bodyslide group - right now if you have a lot of Bodyslide items installed Cursed Loot's groups get scattered all over the list (DeviouslyCursedLoot UUNP/Dress/ExperimentalLatexUUNP/Latex/Pink Zebra/SpikeBall/Tentacle Parasite ect).  Since people really need to build everything, they should probably all be under one DCL group - or at least all named with a DCL prefix so they are sorted in a easy-to-find group.  I imagine a few people who have invisible Cursed Loot items may have run bodyslide, but missed one or two of the minor groups.

That is the reason why I built all outfits, I didn't know which ones were the newest.

But that caused some issues. Some of them were overwriting eachother.

EDIT: Editting the names these could prevent others from posting even more Bodyslide related trouble.

Maybe even put the version number in the name.

20 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Just tried bound combat for the first time.

I can't even do most kick she does with my hand free.

It is also probably not possible to do them since you usually use your full boby to create momentum and to keep balance.

But that is besides the point.

The animations looks great, but when you kick a blocking opponent you get the vanilla stagger animation which means the arms leave the armbinder for a second.

There already exist mods that make kick combat flashy like Blade & Soul or Tera, but I still feel your toon should have more impact if s/he is bound or not. Both of my pcs are in high 60s-70s in one-hand/two-hand/light&heavy armor (my Nord is maxed in these categories - Imperial is between 58-73) and in both cases if she is bound, her damage output is too low. Granted absolutely right, not too realistic to keep balance if arms are locked in position, but is it possible to address the combat balance> If starting new character as say escaped slave in wilderness, can't do much even if legs are free. 

13 minutes ago, TajZ said:

There already exist mods that make kick combat flashy like Blade & Soul or Tera, but I still feel your toon should have more impact if s/he is bound or not. Both of my pcs are in high 60s-70s in one-hand/two-hand/light&heavy armor (my Nord is maxed in these categories - Imperial is between 58-73) and in both cases if she is bound, her damage output is too low. Granted absolutely right, not too realistic to keep balance if arms are locked in position, but is it possible to address the combat balance> If starting new character as say escaped slave in wilderness, can't do much even if legs are free. 

Sounds like bound combat balancing is something to be worked on still - but I've found that at level 80 using the heavy fists perk and some mod-added items (Windcaller's Ring +85 unarmed damage/Khajiit Milk - Khajiit Racial ability effect) unarmed combat is actually quite viable vs same leveled opponents.  So IMO it is mostly a matter of damage done to make it feel good - nobody likes kicking a draugr and having its health bar barely move.   There was even a small mod called "combat boots" that gave +unarmed damage if you were wearing DD boots, but I haven't tried it in DD4 to see if it still works.

I'm hoping we get some form of MCM slider to control the damage output and have it scale with level so we can tweak it to match in-game difficulty, since people have such hugely different difficulty setups (especially at high levels).  I'm sure that could have some people setting themselves up to be Catwoman every time they get bound and destroy everything, but not like they couldn't cheat with "kill" console spam if they wanted to.  

35 minutes ago, TajZ said:

18 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Improving bound combat is very high up on the bucket list of things to do. We want it to be more viable in more situations.

The dmg I do when bound is indeed too low.

It looks like the standard 4 dmg.

But a skilled dragonborn should pack more of a punch (kick in this case).

Also, It would also be better to have the kicks more be powerfull than the standard punches.

A roundhouse kick hurts alot more than a jab.

16 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Improving bound combat is very high up on the bucket list of things to do. We want it to be more viable in more situations.

In my opinion, the best bet for a Damsel in an Armbinder - bound combat-wise - would be to go for the swift kick or knee to the area between the legs... For humanoids at least. (Maybe it could do extra damage?)

But, spinning karate kicks are cool too... lol :classic_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The dmg I do when bound is indeed too low.

It looks like the standard 4 dmg.

But a skilled dragonborn should pack more of a punch (kick in this case).

Also, It would also be better to have the kicks more be powerfull than the standard punches.

A roundhouse kick hurts alot more than a jab.

Yea, vanilla unarmed combat is hot garbage since it doesn't scale at all, and can only be improved with a few perks and unique items/enchants.  it is so annoying to get into a brawl at high levels and basically have to stand still tapping M1 until you finish the tickle-fight.  The vanilla gauntlets = unarmed damage perk rarely works for bound combat anyway because in practice you almost always don't have gauntlets equipped while involved in bound combat.  I personally very much welcome bound combat that is actually useful/adds some variety to melee combat - the animations are great fun.