Kimy

Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Thanks TurboNerd, I'll keep on an eye on that mod as it progresses.  I personally don't use followers, and the blacksmith option (to me) seems too tame, as I saw no chance that a pervy blacksmith might take advantage.  It would allow my game progression to continue on key breakage though, and that's good. 

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Blacksmiths  Presumably these devious devices are crafted by blacksmiths, and can be removed by them for a fee.  I'd like to be able to approach one for help removing restraints.  Maybe he'll help, maybe he'll rape or enslave me, or maybe just laugh, but that seems like a reasonable thing to be able to try.  I found one mod that attempted to do this, but it was pretty old and worked so poorly (at least with the current version of the framework) that I quickly had to remove it.  Right now my only option if I'm truly stuck is to approach the Master in the Captured Dreams Shop, who's rather finicky.  It just seems like there should be a generic way to seek help (with a reasonable risk of negative reaction) from vanilla game characters.  So I'd like to suggest a way to approach a blacksmith for help.  

You can get something like you want from cursed loot, although if I recall, it's merchants (not blacksmiths) that you can ask there. But the risk of rape, more devices, or worse* is there.

*Worse= covered in devices and dropped of somewhere random, and needing to get back. There's also 1 or 2 other options I can't remember for the "worse" bit.

Yeah I looked at Cursed Loot, and while it has some features that I really like quite a lot (flash bang traps look fun), it also has a bunch of stuff baked in that I don't want and that can't be turned off or ignored.  So besides the frustration of having a metal key break, it just felt weird that no one in the world sees a person in restraints and has the least desire to help.  Cursed Loot would help with the second issue, but it would also alter my game in ways that I just don't want. 

Thank you for the suggestions though, I appreciate the attempts to help. 

6 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'm fairly new to Lover's Lab and I've only been using the Devious Devious framework a few weeks.  I really like a lot of this and I thank the developers who worked on it.  A few areas seem like they could use a little love though, so I found this discussion and I'm offering a few constructive suggestions for consideration. 

Key Breakage.  I've never had a key break in real life, but in the game this happens with some frequency.  In my game, keys are rare and precious items, and I really do not expect them to break, ever.  I definitely don't need a key sink.  (I'm wondering how a craftsman could stay in business making shoddy goods.  When a master comes home after a long day and has the key break when unlocking his slave, he's going to be pissed.)  

I browsed the forums and saw the suggestion to adjust the difficulty slider down to get around key breakage.  Unfortunately, for me, that's like using a hammer to fine-tune a watch.  I want struggling to escape to be difficult, and I like the challenge I get with the difficulty set where it is.  I just don't want keys breaking.  Suggestion:  Add an option to MCM to turn off key breakage.  This is in line with current major games like XCOM 2, which have one difficulty setting but many toggles for various features that players might not want.  As it stands, I have to save before using a key and reload if it breaks, which really pulls me out of the game and feels unnecessary.  (Very minor point, but the breakage message says "when it try to turn it, it suddenly breaks" rather than "when you try to turn it".)

Blacksmiths  Presumably these devious devices are crafted by blacksmiths, and can be removed by them for a fee.  I'd like to be able to approach one for help removing restraints.  Maybe he'll help, maybe he'll rape or enslave me, or maybe just laugh, but that seems like a reasonable thing to be able to try.  I found one mod that attempted to do this, but it was pretty old and worked so poorly (at least with the current version of the framework) that I quickly had to remove it.  Right now my only option if I'm truly stuck is to approach the Master in the Captured Dreams Shop, who's rather finicky.  It just seems like there should be a generic way to seek help (with a reasonable risk of negative reaction) from vanilla game characters.  So I'd like to suggest a way to approach a blacksmith for help.  

If you are ambitious, have time to spend and/or are a SkyProc wizard you could make your own patch.

If you fire up Creation Kit, Select open and then double click on DDx, DDi, DDa, etc. and open them up, you can go to "Items", "Armor", "Devices", then type "Inventory" into the filter you will get a long list of device types.  Double click on an inventory device.  Then select the script and click Properties in the "Scripts" box.  You will get a list of properties fed to the script by the device.  Among them are "BaseEscapeChance", "CatastrophicFailureChance", "CutDeviceEscapeChance", "KeyBreakChance", "LockAccessDifficulty", "LockJamChance", "LockPickEscapeChance", "RepairCooldown", "RepairJammedLockChance", and "UnlockCooldown" which allow you to fully tailor each device.  Yes, each and every device.  Now you know why I haven't done it myself.  :smile:

SkyProc uses the Java programming language.  So perhaps you could write a loop to patch them all the same way, but I've never used SkyProc so I don't know what it's limits are.

Bug Report

If someone is belted and wearing a restrictive corset then zadLibs.GetWornDeviceFuzzyMatch (akActor, zadLibs.zad_DeviousCorset) will return "none".

Just to be clear, it works as expected when the player is not belted.

On investigation I found that tmpZRef.deviceRendered is always returning the zad_restrictiveCorset_scriptInstance even when the rendered device (due to equipped belt) should be zad_restrictiveCorsetChastity_scriptInstance or zad_restrictiveCorsetChastityOpen_scriptInstance.  Then "akActor.GetItemCount(tmpZRef.deviceRendered)" returns zero because a different version is rendered.  Note that whether the item is equipped is already tested three lines above.

Code snip from zadLibs.psc:

If kForm.HasKeyword(zad_InventoryDevice) && (akActor.IsEquipped(kForm) || akActor != playerRef)
    ObjectReference tmpORef = akActor.placeAtMe(kForm, abInitiallyDisabled = true)
    zadEquipScript tmpZRef = tmpORef as zadEquipScript
    if tmpZRef != none && tmpZRef.deviceRendered.hasKeyword(kw) && akActor.GetItemCount(tmpZRef.deviceRendered) > 0
        retval = kForm as Armor
        breakFlag = true
    Endif
    tmpORef.delete()
EndIf

Also, I have merged the first commits for the 4.1 build for your testing convenience!

- Changed: The difficulty slider has been split in three. One for escape chances, cooldowns and key break chances respectively.
- Changed: The speed effect on hobble skirts is now more resilient.
- Changed: Removed unlock cooldown from most items, the default cooldown is now zero.
- Fixed: The struggle animation is no longer played when cooldowns are preventing unlocking.
- Fixed: Non-armbinder wrist restraints no longer get wiped off NPCs during framework maintenance cleanup passes.
- Fixed: Removed several ITM records

11 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

Bug Report

Straitjackets and Bondage Mittens do not prevent the character from using crafting stations.

Known issue, but yes, we will need to address this! :smile:

Sounds like some good update changes to test, thanks. 

I'm mainly curious if there has there been any update to how bondage mittens interact with the new unlock system, for example how success at unlocking the mittens through the key drop/pickup mechanic can be blocked by key break/unlock failure.  Right now these are one of the main items that force me to temporarily change my settings in the MCM menu to vanilla to ensure I have hair left by the time they come off.

The only other item that is a bit of a sore spot for me is if generic ball gags should be considered hard gags, as they are quite popular.  It sounds like the Devious Cidhna mod is having some issues due to its use of a ball gag while imprisoned, meaning no access to paper/ink/quill.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:07 PM, MrBig said:

Not sure if this should be here or the main DD topic but wanted to make an item suggestion; have you thought of adding a full length harness?

no_tournament_for_you_5_by_natsuko_hiragi-d9hm8om.thumb.jpg.8c9373f847d1c8b9299d2cc01b9fb00a.jpgno_tournament_for_you_loz_bonus_pic_by_natsuko_hiragi-d9hv28xk.thumb.jpg.aa3eeae2fc531a8593121d83f332564d.jpg647mh_Top_to_Bottom_Full_Body_Bondage_Harness-2.thumb.jpg.c230c49824d90d8004164ff9d08a2d36.jpg

Yes yes yes yes.

These are so hot.

32 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Indeed it is, I grabbed it yesterday. Just make sure to choose the development branch (on both DDi and DDx).

31 minutes ago, Verstort said:

allrighty then :smile: thank you both for the answer

6 minutes ago, Kimy said:

New commit:

- Implemented transparent rubber restrictive set (collar, boots and corset w/ belt)

- Implemented larger/punishing ball gags.

I never wanted more than this, appreciate it!

How much can I compare this to Dasha's heavy penis gag?

EDIT: looked at the files and they only change is the ball is bigger, right?

How will these be more punishing?

58 minutes ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

EDIT: looked at the files and they only change is the ball is bigger, right?

How will these be more punishing?

Wear one for five hours and we'll talk again! :smiley:

If you have suggestions for more variants, by all means, we're listening!

4 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Maybe the hard gag dialogue could be moved to these new bigger ballgags instead of the "normal" ones?

That's the idea. We will introduce a new medium tier of gag difficulty.

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

New commit:

- Implemented transparent rubber restrictive set (collar, boots and corset w/ belt)

- Implemented larger/punishing ball gags.

:heart:

57 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

How about an Inflatable Gag? ;)

You have Dasha's Penis Gag in Cursed Loot, any chance of that making it to the framework? As well as Dasha's Blindfold and Heavy Collar?

I saw your inflatable gag idea. And I like it!