Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Also, I have merged the first commits for the 4.1 build for your testing convenience!

- Changed: The difficulty slider has been split in three. One for escape chances, cooldowns and key break chances respectively.
- Changed: The speed effect on hobble skirts is now more resilient.
- Changed: Removed unlock cooldown from most items, the default cooldown is now zero.
- Fixed: The struggle animation is no longer played when cooldowns are preventing unlocking.
- Fixed: Non-armbinder wrist restraints no longer get wiped off NPCs during framework maintenance cleanup passes.
- Fixed: Removed several ITM records

Sounds like some good update changes to test, thanks. 

I'm mainly curious if there has there been any update to how bondage mittens interact with the new unlock system, for example how success at unlocking the mittens through the key drop/pickup mechanic can be blocked by key break/unlock failure.  Right now these are one of the main items that force me to temporarily change my settings in the MCM menu to vanilla to ensure I have hair left by the time they come off.

The only other item that is a bit of a sore spot for me is if generic ball gags should be considered hard gags, as they are quite popular.  It sounds like the Devious Cidhna mod is having some issues due to its use of a ball gag while imprisoned, meaning no access to paper/ink/quill.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:07 PM, MrBig said:

Not sure if this should be here or the main DD topic but wanted to make an item suggestion; have you thought of adding a full length harness?

no_tournament_for_you_5_by_natsuko_hiragi-d9hm8om.thumb.jpg.8c9373f847d1c8b9299d2cc01b9fb00a.jpgno_tournament_for_you_loz_bonus_pic_by_natsuko_hiragi-d9hv28xk.thumb.jpg.aa3eeae2fc531a8593121d83f332564d.jpg647mh_Top_to_Bottom_Full_Body_Bondage_Harness-2.thumb.jpg.c230c49824d90d8004164ff9d08a2d36.jpg

Yes yes yes yes.

These are so hot.

32 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Indeed it is, I grabbed it yesterday. Just make sure to choose the development branch (on both DDi and DDx).

31 minutes ago, Verstort said:

allrighty then :smile: thank you both for the answer

6 minutes ago, Kimy said:

New commit:

- Implemented transparent rubber restrictive set (collar, boots and corset w/ belt)

- Implemented larger/punishing ball gags.

I never wanted more than this, appreciate it!

How much can I compare this to Dasha's heavy penis gag?

EDIT: looked at the files and they only change is the ball is bigger, right?

How will these be more punishing?

58 minutes ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

EDIT: looked at the files and they only change is the ball is bigger, right?

How will these be more punishing?

Wear one for five hours and we'll talk again! :smiley:

If you have suggestions for more variants, by all means, we're listening!

4 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Maybe the hard gag dialogue could be moved to these new bigger ballgags instead of the "normal" ones?

That's the idea. We will introduce a new medium tier of gag difficulty.

4 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The bigger ballgag sounds great.

How about releasing seperate and mixed restraints.

Like having the legbinder as a separate restraint that acts like a hobbledress.

Or a legbinder and armbinder combo.

I'm guessing the issue with that is that the legs and torso are the same slot, so it would be quite complicated to do.

14 hours ago, Kimy said:

That's the idea. We will introduce a new medium tier of gag difficulty.

Any chance you could share a bit about the plans on how this new medium difficulty is going to work? And what's different compared to the current normal and hard ones?

23 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

I'm guessing the issue with that is that the legs and torso are the same slot, so it would be quite complicated to do.

That is a shame.

But the armbinder and legbinder combo could be 1 restraint.

So that could work.

Speaking of bigger ball gags...

Some time ago i made a proof of concept for a dynamically resizable and positionable ball gags, send it to Zaz back then, but it never really took off.

The idea was to add some settings to SexLab for ball gag sizes, so you could set the size and position for every race and player (just in case).

Found it in the PM, so here is how it looked...

msg-594712-0-39061000-1468327725_thumb.jpgmsg-594712-0-85839700-1468327437_thumb.jpgmsg-594712-0-41341800-1466199040_thumb.jpg

What you see on those screenshots is the same item, except the ball is adjusted to fit the mouth in a different fashion.

If you wanna know how it worked, allow me to quote part of my PM message to Zaz:

First, i used NifSkope to put the ball on a "Devourment Throat" node which i simply pasted from female skeleton nif.

This node allows scripted NiO transformations (i tried other nodes, but something kept reseting any transformations i applied to them, but this one works).

Of course, this node is originally not on the head, so i am also using scripted NiO transform to make the head node its parent to make it move together with the head (would be nicer if this could be done by equipable transform set inside the NIF - if possible, but this is perfectly acceptable too).

So, now i can make the ball bigger, smaller, and move it along any axis, to adjust for different races and different phoneme settings, etc.

The idea is to provide default presets for each race +male/female combinations, plus a dedicated setting for player only (in case of using special head, or who knows what), allowing the player to adjust any of these presets (or just use defaults, if they fit).

These presets could contain not only the ball settings, but also various phoneme settings for how and how much the mouth should open.

and...

I added another bone, "Devourment Throat Start", and attached part of the strap to it.

So, the gag is now split over three bones:

1.) The main strap part is attached to NPC Head

2.) The small strap, connecting the ball to the main strap, is attached to Devourment Throat Start

3.) The ball is attached to Devourment Throat

(both Devourment bones are set as child of head of course)

...so, each part can be now individually adjusted (except main strap, that stays on the head as before)

I just dont have the 3ds max skills neccessary to split the strap in two parts as required (all in one nif, just split into two trishapes), so i had to slap together some crappy thing just to test it, but... it works.

This solves all problems with various elves and orcs having either mouth too low, or too high, etc.

I guess i still have the proof of concept somewhere, so i could maybe dig it up in case someone would be interested.

2 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

^ This.

Skyrim doesn't distinguish between upper and lower body gear, so we can't either. That's e.g. why we made hobble dresses, but not hobble skirts. We also don't want to use slots normally used by another type of restraint, as this would be confusing and probably cause lots of issues (DD assumes a device keyword always used for ONE specific slot).