Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

As for not allowing struggling if the chances are zero. Why? If you're wearing handcuffs, nothing will prevent you from struggling against them. It's pointless, sure, as it's 100% impossible to struggle out of properly applied handcuffs. But nothing keeps you. If you inspect the device, DD will actually tell you of a device is impossible to escape.

Reading that gave me another idea: would it be possible to remove the "inspect device" button altogether and merge its readout of the device's estimate escape chances (which I really like, by the way) into the standard device description message box that shows up every time you click on the worn device in your inventory (the one that has the "unlock" etc. buttons on it)?

2 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Reading that gave me another idea: would it be possible to remove the "inspect device" button altogether and merge its readout of the device's estimate escape chances (which I really like, by the way) into the standard device description message box that shows up every time you click on the worn device in your inventory (the one that has the "unlock" etc. buttons on it)?

I think that depends on whether or not you can do text replacement in a Message.

There has been talk in the main DDI4 support thread about the removal of the dialogue option for npcs to help PC with armbinders and yokes. I for one have found it has taken alot of the fun out of the game removing the dialogue option. It was always interesting going to someone in an armbinder and they might ignore, add more restraints, take advantage or unlock the PC.

as we can no longer ask npc's "can you help me" it has become very frustrating. also to note that once a key is jammed in a lock, i figured that going to a blacksmith they should be able to unjam it, but there doesnt appear to be a dialogue option suitable for that. I cannot figure out how we are supposed to unjam a lock, especially with things like bondage mittens.

surely one of the DDI4 modders could just re-enable the dialogue and release updated version of the framework with it active? I can assure the modders, from a user perspective it would be very much appreciated.

45 minutes ago, Solatium said:

Isn’t it Deviously Cursed Loot that does that?

if you just run DDI 3.3 it used to do it, DCL has another way of addressing the issue but its not the same. I am currently playing with DDI4 and DCL6.3 and there appears to be no way to ask an NPC to help, with the exception of solicitation in DCL6.3 where you can have sex for keys. the whole "can you help me" dialogue topic is part of DDI and it is in both DDI3.3 and DDI4 in TES5EDIT, but you can no longer ask the question in game with DDI4

11 hours ago, Maddac said:

if you just run DDI 3.3 it used to do it, DCL has another way of addressing the issue but its not the same. I am currently playing with DDI4 and DCL6.3 and there appears to be no way to ask an NPC to help, with the exception of solicitation in DCL6.3 where you can have sex for keys. the whole "can you help me" dialogue topic is part of DDI and it is in both DDI3.3 and DDI4 in TES5EDIT, but you can no longer ask the question in game with DDI4

As far as I can remember the discussion leading up to this feature's removal from the framework, there were at least a couple of reasons for it:

• it was an overpowered but at the same time somewhat basic feature, essentially turning one of DD's most restrictive devices into a minor nuisance (and a mere cosmetic device to wear for a few seconds when you had a follower around)
  • it was added back when there weren't so many content mods that did the same (and in more interesting ways). DCL has already been mentioned (there's solicitation, Bondage Adventure, Going Shopping and the Yoke courier quest in there to get rid of devices incl. armbinders), the Captured Dreams Master will free you, in Sexlab Dialogues you get blacksmiths and other NPCs removing devices for cash, with Devious Followers your dominant follower can also remove them, and there may be other mods that I don't know of.
3 hours ago, El_Duderino said:
  • it was added back when there weren't so many content mods that did the same (and in more interesting ways). DCL has already been mentioned (there's solicitation, Bondage Adventure, Going Shopping and the Yoke courier quest in there to get rid of devices incl. armbinders), the Captured Dreams Master will free you, in Sexlab Dialogues you get blacksmiths and other NPCs removing devices for cash, with Devious Followers your dominant follower can also remove them, and there may be other mods that I don't know of.

Captured dreams will not remove the Generic Arm-binder in it's present form. I have doubts that any mod that had Generic Armbinder removal will be able to remove them if it has not been updated, I believe the Armbinder had some key word changes, that seem to prevent this.

I am not sure, but i believe these changes will push over to the Yoke as well.

@Kimy

Can I please make a couple of, hopefully positive, suggestions?

1 - Further upstream, someone was saying that there will be no response here from people who are fairly happy with the Framework.  You might get more comment if this thread was moved to the downloads section with a DD4 heading.  I have been on this site for years, and was trying to add my tuppenceworth on the DDi and DCL  threads about the somewhat frustrating release mechanics without realising this thread was active, and was presently covering these in some depth.  You might get help offered by a broader range of ppl too, if it was more prominent   

2 - Help Me, Please!

2 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

As far as I can remember the discussion leading up to this feature's removal from the framework, there were at least a couple of reasons for it:

• it was an overpowered but at the same time somewhat basic feature, essentially turning one of DD's most restrictive devices into a minor nuisance (and a mere cosmetic device to wear for a few seconds when you had a follower around)

That's a fair point if you are just mainly playing Sexlab mod questlines, many of which are above ground, but if you're doing the main game too, and are stuck down in the depths of the Nchuand-Zel Excavation Site surrounded by Falmer, Chaurus and Deadly Wenches, and end up in one of Kimy's ever so fiendish DD4 creations, shopping at the local blacksmith isn't the first thing that comes to mind, nor is visiting the Mistress of CD Towers particularly practicable either  :smile:   The reality is that there aren't too many mods out there that really help much in that sort of situation, without just resorting to blatant 'cheating', so @Kimy , your earlier suggestions all look very helpful, but could we bottom dwellers please have at least an option to switch on the 'Help Me, Please' stuff again?  It would make the game play better, and actually be even more of a challenge if that was restricted by followers' own restraints, gags etc :tongue: 

23 hours ago, Kimy said:

I am not going to react to the drama stuff. Still not sure why people think bitching, whining and finger-pointing is going to get them what they want.

Instead I am focusing on the constructive feedback people gave here!

I gather that the features that drive people to ask for more powerful customization options are mostly the cooldowns. I totally respect that. In all honesty, I am not the biggest fan of cooldowns either. A lot of games are using them, not because they are cool or fun, but because they are needed to balance gameplay systems. DD is no exception. I introduced them for a specific purpose - to make sure getting equipped with a device doesn't result in the player automatically standing still and spamming escape attempts until the device falls off them. This has been the case with the old armbinders. Most people, myself included, never walked one inch with one equipped. You got put into an armbinder and - one the same spot - spammed struggle attempts until the thing was off. That's....boring. Now, that we have bound combat and armbinders aren't a showstopper anymore, the new system wanted to encourage players to actually PLAY while bound. Going from A to B to look for help. Browsing these containers for that convenient sharp item. Looking for keys. Trying to escape that dungeon. Anything but standing still.

The escape/repair cooldowns essentially represent the time it took you to "work" your bindings. It's not very realistic that you can struggle with your armbinder 100 times in a row and not one minute of time will have passed.

This is just to make people understand why these cooldowns are there. I still respect that people don't like the concept. And I think they have a point when they say that they are probably overused right now.

So, here is what I have in mind:

1. I will split the current difficulty slider in two. All cooldown related settings (unlock, escape, repair cooldown, lock shields) will be affected by a separate MCM slider. This will allow people to tone down these cooldowns without having to trivialize the entire rest of the game. The new slider will very likely have an even greater range than the current one, so people will be able to make these cooldowns largely vanish from their experience. And having two sliders is still reasonable in terms of complexity.

2. The unlock cooldowns will be removed from some items where they really make no sense (e.g. gags, cuffs, blindfolds). In return they might be increased on a few select items that are all about wearing them for a longer time, and while playing the game (e.g. chastity items)

3. There will be a new feature giving a % bonus to escape chances with every failed event. So even if RNG hates you, you will still get out of this device in finite time. Modders will be able to set this % modifier to any non-negative number they wish. For the standard library, I am thinking 10-25%, depending on the device type (rope might have a larger bonus than steel devices, for struggling against rope tends to gradually weaken it).

4. I will do something about the key break settings as well. Probably significantly decreasing the chances for this to happen for standard devices. They might be too high for what's meant to be a library of generic, not-too-harsh devices.

5. I will look at introducing different quality lockpicks (people have suggested this idea for keys, but I think it fits lockpick tools MUCH better, and will be easier to implement on top of it), so people might be able to escape their bindings with lockpicks offering them better chances than the standard vanilla lockpick. Modders will obviously be able to freely allow/disallow this feature for their custom items.

6. We will be looking at making changes to the gag-talk, aimed to prevent them from being shopstoppers in some situations. That was an unintended side-effect when we revamped the gag system and will be addressed in some shape or fashion. This is something currently in discussion in the DD team.

This looks like a good idea. I found the key break/unable to reach features the most annoying. While I do not mind most of it, the feature happened way too often to my character to be fun. I think tying it to reduce stamina by a percentage (70-80% for example) would make more reasonable, tie it into the gameplay.

48 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

@Kimybut could we bottom dwellers please have at least an option to switch on the 'Help Me, Please' stuff again?  It would make the game play better, and actually be even more of a challenge if that was restricted by followers' own restraints, gags etc :tongue: 

The DD "help me" dialogues were broken by the changes we made to the wrist restraint system. I can't just switch them on. I'd have to redesign them from scratch (they are quite a mess tbh, so I can't just adapt them to the new system in 10 mins). When the question if we should do this or not came up, we all wondered why the framework would even need to provide these dialogues, when quite a number of escape methods are provided by content mods, people widely use.

I am not dead against bringing them back, but I really wonder if there are actually noticeable gaps left in "unlocking/escape services", given all the methods provided by content mods. Are there?

4 minutes ago, Kimy said:

The DD "help me" dialogues were broken by the changes we made to the wrist restraint system. I can't just switch them on. I'd have to redesign them from scratch (they are quite a mess tbh, so I can't just adapt them to the new system in 10 mins). When the question if we should do this or not came up, we all wondered why the framework would even need to provide these dialogues, when quite a number of escape methods are provided by content mods, people widely use.

I am not dead against bringing them back, but I really wonder if there are actually noticeable gaps left in "unlocking/escape services", given all the methods provided by content mods. Are there?

@Kimy

Thanks for the very prompt reply

I've had DD4i set on 'Questionable', so as it wasn't likely to be too easy, but at that level of difficulty, there is still an awful lot of 'failure' in the restraint removal process, ie struggle, broken or non working keys etc.  When you're down there in some remote place trying to get out of them, and find that you have a '2 hour delay' often repeatable ad nauseam, before trying again and can't fast forward with 'wait' because of nearby enemies etc, as someone else on the DCL thread was implying, it all just becomes one mind numbing chore, rather than fun. 

I could maybe just tone the difficulty right down, but as I understand it, that tone's down everything else contained in the settings too.  It's that delay factor that's the worst feature and if your current proposals address that, without having to mess about with the rest unduly, then that would probably do the trick.  I'm certainly not out to make undue work for you... :smile:

(I'll also admit to maybe not using the DD difficulty settings properly.  I can't find any real explanation anywhere as to what they mean.  They're not spelt out on the mod description (DDi) nor does a search for their names turn up anything in that thread, other than a comment that they maybe cover a +/- 75% change in difficulty from the central 'default' [Kinky setting?].  Whatever that itself does.  Some of us maybe aren't using these properly because, as mere users, we can't work out what they mean :open_mouth: .  Maybe a pointer to a fuller explanation might help us too? )

Anyway, I hope that helps.  Thanks again

I just wanted to say that I really like dd4 escape difficulty BUT there is one thing that is too difficult to escape imo - straitjackets basically its impossible to finish dungeon with straitjacket which is very annoying, i can obviously set straitjacket chance to very low but its not solution.

In my opinion straitjackets should work exactly same as armbinders maybe a little bit more difficult to escape.

I 100% agree with Kimy on the 'people never actually fought with armbinders' thing and I really liked the idea someone had before whereas some devices could be damaged/cut off if you're hit in combat, to encourage you to do more bound combat. It also got me thinking, are there other ways to encourage bound combat? Or would that be beyond the scope of this (mostly) framework mod?

On 04/02/2018 at 3:25 PM, cedec0 said:

She left precisely because of the new escape system.  It is dishonest to suggest anything else.

No, I did not. What's more, when I shared my thoughts on it with you, I very clearly told you that I believed the new escape system and property-defined per-device difficulty to be the correct way forward. The only thing I was unhappy with was our failure to take advantage of the entire spectrum of values available to us and distributing certain frustrating mechanics to all generic devices, rather than reserving them for special cases, rare and quest items.

The plan that Kimy outlined here demonstrates how the system itself can be used to solve most problems with implementation.

Regardless, the escape system was not the reason I left. The team knows the precise reason - I stated it myself in my goodbye letter and you read it too. So if you think that my statement was a lie and that my "real" reasons differ from what I offered, I would kindly ask you to stay away from me, never speak to me again and never try to use me in any way shape or form to push your personal agenda. Thank you.

What if there was a sort of "last resort" struggle available that would bypass the various keys/locks/cooldowns/etc, and be a guaranteed success, but would leave a significant debuff for 15 minutes RL time or so?  (I think there's a way to do that with effect durations; if not it'd have to be a script reapplying it or using OnTimer, but since you already have a clocktick script that's probably easy too)

sorry for the following which is turning out to be a wall of text, further please remember this is just one persons opinion

On 2/4/2018 at 12:39 PM, Kimy said:

1. I will split the current difficulty slider in two. All cooldown related settings (unlock, escape, repair cooldown, lock shields) will be affected by a separate MCM slider. This will allow people to tone down these cooldowns without having to trivialize the entire rest of the game. The new slider will very likely have an even greater range than the current one, so people will be able to make these cooldowns largely vanish from their experience. And having two sliders is still reasonable in terms of complexity.

sounds good to me personally

2. The unlock cooldowns will be removed from some items where they really make no sense (e.g. gags, cuffs, blindfolds). In return they might be increased on a few select items that are all about wearing them for a longer time, and while playing the game (e.g. chastity items)

this would actually fix the thing i like the least about the new version (cooldown on leg cuffs when i have a key and only wearing them?)

perhaps the stuff that is either Chastity and Heavy Bondage items??

5. I will look at introducing different quality lockpicks (people have suggested this idea for keys, but I think it fits lockpick tools MUCH better, and will be easier to implement on top of it), so people might be able to escape their bindings with lockpicks offering them better chances than the standard vanilla lockpick. Modders will obviously be able to freely allow/disallow this feature for their custom items.

i do like this idea

6. We will be looking at making changes to the gag-talk, aimed to prevent them from being shopstoppers in some situations. That was an unintended side-effect when we revamped the gag system and will be addressed in some shape or fashion. This is something currently in discussion in the DD team.

i actually like the old system (where you had to train yourself to talk while wearing a gag), but thought, even trained, there should have been a chance to end up

"misunderstood" whether on accident or "on purpose" by some of the less moral NPCs (ie Belethor is a prime example of someone who would "misunderstand"

someone if he thought he could get away with it).  it should never be a "sure thing" to be understood while wearing a gag.

On 2/4/2018 at 6:19 PM, Maddac said:

There has been talk in the main DDI4 support thread about the removal of the dialogue option for npcs to help PC with armbinders and yokes. I for one have found it has taken alot of the fun out of the game removing the dialogue option. It was always interesting going to someone in an armbinder and they might ignore, add more restraints, take advantage or unlock the PC.

as we can no longer ask npc's "can you help me" it has become very frustrating. also to note that once a key is jammed in a lock, i figured that going to a blacksmith they should be able to unjam it, but there doesnt appear to be a dialogue option suitable for that. I cannot figure out how we are supposed to unjam a lock, especially with things like bondage mittens.

while i do like the idea of being able to ask for help (in the framework) i think it should be restricted to just Blacksmiths (possibly just city only if possible) 

and current followers only though

13 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

while there are quite a few content mods now that can do this, i do think the framework (if it has a content part to it) would benefit from this being possible

maybe with a check for certain mods (any mod that lets you take someone with you who can do this) and if they are present the feature turns itself off?? 

10 hours ago, donkeywho said:

2 - Help Me, Please!

That's a fair point if you are just mainly playing Sexlab mod questlines, many of which are above ground, but if you're doing the main game too, and are stuck down in the depths of the Nchuand-Zel Excavation Site surrounded by Falmer, Chaurus and Deadly Wenches, and end up in one of Kimy's ever so fiendish DD4 creations, shopping at the local blacksmith isn't the first thing that comes to mind, nor is visiting the Mistress of CD Towers particularly practicable either  :smile:   The reality is that there aren't too many mods out there that really help much in that sort of situation, without just resorting to blatant 'cheating', so @Kimy , your earlier suggestions all look very helpful, but could we bottom dwellers please have at least an option to switch on the 'Help Me, Please' stuff again?  It would make the game play better, and actually be even more of a challenge if that was restricted by followers' own restraints, gags etc :tongue: 

this could work also instead of or in addition to suggestions above

9 hours ago, Kimy said:

this question is one that will depend on a player's specific load order more than anything else.  for someone (like me) who has most if not all of the content mods that

offer alternate ways out there is no "gap".  however if someone has just a light load order, and happens to not have the alternate ways out content mods there could

very well be a gap that could be painful in the extreme to cover.  think of the poor player down in Sinderion's Labratory (in Blackreach) who is trapped by some falmer/

dwemer automatons and had a cursed trap/chest trigger (now has a yoke, gag,and blindfold on) they would have to run all the way out (thru all the hostiles) which

may not be an good thing (he/she does not have the Devious Followers Beta) so that run is almost certain to kill or trigger a anti-death mod (anti-death mod triggering

is a good thing but not every one uses one). where if the "help me" dialogue was only available on current followers/blacksmiths there could be a way out without having

to run all the way to town with almost certain failure (to get there) along the way.  if you do put this in there should be some cost (other than cash) for the

follower/blacksmith to remove the restraint (and it should be limited to only removing stuff that has the Heavy Bondage feature on it).

9 hours ago, donkeywho said:

(I'll also admit to maybe not using the DD difficulty settings properly.  I can't find any real explanation anywhere as to what they mean.  They're not spelt out on the mod description (DDi) nor does a search for their names turn up anything in that thread, other than a comment that they maybe cover a +/- 75% change in difficulty from the central 'default' [Kinky setting?].  Whatever that itself does.  Some of us maybe aren't using these properly because, as mere users, we can't work out what they mean :open_mouth: .  Maybe a pointer to a fuller explanation might help us too? )

if this already exists somewhere could someone be kind enough to post a link?? and if it does not exist somewhere could someone who actually understands

it provide a "dumbed down noob friendly" version somewhere??

for those interested i did a test with Devious Followers Beta and it does work to remove shackles, yokes, arminders, elbowbinders, straightjackets, and regular

gags .... for a cost (currently gold or debt increase).  it does NOT remove bondage mittens or quest devices (like the "debt belt" from the Master of the CD Shop,

the DCL Cursed Collar stuff,or Queen Sarah's stuff).  it also does not remove some other devious devices, but it did remove all the "Heavy Bondage" items i

checked (i may have missed a couple but i did check most of them, i think).

i just wish to thank all who have worked on this (yet again).

p.s. sorry again for the wall of text this turned out to be.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:39 PM, Kimy said:

5 hours ago, valcon767 said:

I actually like the old system (where you had to train yourself to talk while wearing a gag), but thought, even trained, there should have been a chance to end up

"misunderstood" whether on accident or "on purpose" by some of the less moral NPCs (ie Belethor is a prime example of someone who would "misunderstand"

someone if he thought he could get away with it).  it should never be a "sure thing" to be understood while wearing a gag.

What would be interesting is having gag-talk difficulty increase depending on the type of gag you're wearing. A Ring Gag would have a better chance of being successful in gag-talk and less chance of being misunderstood. The Ring Gag only keeps your mouth open but doesn't block it so NPCs should have an easier time trying to understand you.

Gag-talk with a Ball Gag would be a bit more difficult and have a higher chance of being misunderstood. The Ball Gag blocks your mouth so attempt at speech would be muffled some, the drool wouldn't help either.

The Panel Gag would be the worst, gag-talk would be difficult and you could easily be misunderstood. Your character's pathetic attempt at speech would be more muffled than the other two gags. The Panel Gag does force your character's mouth open, just look at the back-side of the panel in NifSkope and you'll see a tube that goes into the mouth. However if you manage to remove the plug on the Panel Gag then gag-difficulty would be reduced. Good luck trying to do that with your hands tied and it may not even cross an NPC's mind to remove it either.

6 hours ago, valcon767 said:

for those interested i did a test with Devious Followers Beta and it does work to remove

i just wish to thank all who have worked on this (yet again).

p.s. sorry again for the wall of text this turned out to be.

Do you, or does anyone else, know if Devious Followers Beta works with AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks?)?

5 hours ago, infernus said:

What would be interesting is having gag-talk difficulty increase depending on the type of gag you're wearing. A Ring Gag would have a better chance of being successful in gag-talk and less chance of being misunderstood. The Ring Gag only keeps your mouth open but doesn't block it so NPCs should have an easier time trying to understand you.

Gag-talk with a Ball Gag would be a bit more difficult and have a higher chance of being misunderstood. The Ball Gag blocks your mouth so attempt at speech would be muffled some, the drool wouldn't help either.

The Panel Gag would be the worst, gag-talk would be difficult and you could easily be misunderstood. Your character's pathetic attempt at speech would be more muffled than the other two gags. The Panel Gag does force your character's mouth open, just look at the back-side of the panel in NifSkope and you'll see a tube that goes into the mouth. However if you manage to remove the plug on the Panel Gag then gag-difficulty would be reduced. Good luck trying to do that with your hands tied and it may not even cross an NPC's mind to remove it either.

Yeah I quoted myself.

If varying difficulties for the different gags was implemented then there could be opportunities for new gags to be added. An Inflatable Gag for example?

GTest1.png

GTest2.png

Got it to appear in-game too!

GTestInGame.png

This was just a hack-job in Outfit Studio but it does show what an Inflatable Gag could look like with existing assets.

If the gag was inflated it would be the most difficult to succeed in gag-talk if not impossible. Even when not inflated it would still be quite difficult, something large is shoved and locked into your character's mouth after all.

i like the gag, you could even connect it to a catsuit, or a backpack (maybe that even adds waterbreathing :smile:)

about the dd4 difficulty

would it be possible to add a customised difficulty, where you can set your options in a ini-file or something like that?

because i liked to play with a high keybreak/lockjamm chance and the locked shield option, but i dont like the unlock cooldown.

personally i dont think the struggling/cutting mechanic adds anything to the framework as it is now (unless you like the 2 additional free unlocking option), but would it be possible, that struggling/cutting uses stamina/health. if you reach 0, it's possible that you faint and end up in more bondage, or maybe even in a slave auction. Maybe 0 means you will faint and if you still have stamina there is only a chance for that.

Is it possible, to add the lockpicking minigame to the lockpicking attempt? maybe you always have to start new after breaking a lockpick.

i think the new lock repair mechanic is lacking. You could add a lock repair kit (or maybe "Lube") which fixes a jammed lock. maybe you need to stand near a workbench/smithy.

Not sure if you chanced something, but i dont get lydia to remove my yoke's/armbinders even if i have a key. She only uses me, steals my key's or locks more items on me. Even if i always unlock her :dissapointed_relieved: . Maybe you could add a timer here, or apply the same keybreak mechanic you have yourself, but she might demand some "oral" service from you first.

Slagblah made a post in cursed loot, where he posted a picture where he showed a screen, where you could disable different mechanics (basicaly all timers and keybreak/lock jam). i think i would be pretty happy with that in dd4, because then i could play the way i like. Can you please allow it?

5 hours ago, Kimy said:

Devious! I like it! :smiley:

Thanks!

It's not perfect since it was done in Outfit Studio, I think the tube and pump should be curved down a little but I can't do that in OS. Still I have created a strap (non-harness) version as well as Ebonite versions, even have the ground/inventory models done. They do work in-game (appear on the character) but I just replaced the models of other gags for testing, I didn't create new devices in the CK.

I suddenly got a whole pile of errors like these in the middle of combat (my followers were fighting while the player character was waiting on the sidelines, on fire with armbinders on).

[02/06/2018 - 09:16:32PM] Error: Type mismatch for argument 2. 
stack:
	[Active effect 35 on  (00000014)].zadShoutStaggerEffect.OnActorAction() - "zadShoutStaggerEffect.psc" Line ?
[02/06/2018 - 09:16:33PM] [Zad]: UpdateControls()
[02/06/2018 - 09:16:39PM] Error: Mismatched types assigning to variable named "::temp3"
stack:
	[Active effect 35 on  (00000014)].zadShoutStaggerEffect.OnActorAction() - "zadShoutStaggerEffect.psc" Line ?
[02/06/2018 - 09:16:39PM] Error: Type mismatch for argument 2. 
stack:
[02/06/2018 - 09:16:41PM] [Zad]: UpdateControls()

At first glance, things seem to be checking out. zadShoutStaggerEffect.psc is calling 'libs.PlayThirdPersonAnimation(akActor, libs.AnimSwitchKeyword(akActor, "OutOfBreath"), 3, permitRestrictive=True) ' and argument 2 should be returning a string for "OutOfBreath"... so I am not sure what the script is whining about. 

Maybe someone more familiar with the code will figure out what is wrong.

15 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Do you, or does anyone else, know if Devious Followers Beta works with AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks?)?

i use AFT with it without problems and it works, others have reported that it works with EFF as well.

note:

it will block normal dialogues while you are in debt to follower (which will be most of the time), but does have a pause mod button (in MCM) that

will let all normal dialogue options appear.  it does have a known CTD issue with certain talking object (statue during Clavicus Vile daedric quest),

but this is easily worked around with the pause button (the mod maker knows of the issue and is trying to resolve it as he works on the mod).

the mod also has a reset mod button (in MCM of course) should you run into something that the pause button work around does not fix.

6 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i use AFT with it without problems and it works, others have reported that it works with EFF as well.

note:

it will block normal dialogues while you are in debt to follower (which will be most of the time), but does have a pause mod button (in MCM) that

will let all normal dialogue options appear.  it does have a known CTD issue with certain talking object (statue during Clavicus Vile daedric quest),

but this is easily worked around with the pause button (the mod maker knows of the issue and is trying to resolve it as he works on the mod).

the mod also has a reset mod button (in MCM of course) should you run into something that the pause button work around does not fix.

Thanks

That's very helpful