Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

56 minutes ago, Kimy said:

^ This.

Skyrim doesn't distinguish between upper and lower body gear, so we can't either. That's e.g. why we made hobble dresses, but not hobble skirts. We also don't want to use slots normally used by another type of restraint, as this would be confusing and probably cause lots of issues (DD assumes a device keyword always used for ONE specific slot).

Ok, that explains it.

But this does mean that the armbinder+legbinder combo is still possible, right?

As long as it uses the slot the strait+legbinder combo uses.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

@Kimy

What's the 4.1 release plan? Small and coming really soon? Is the dev build at this point "feature complete"? There a list of what's in and/or what's coming and not in? I'm just trying to catch up here :smile:

I pushed the first commits a few days ago, and we still have a lot of things on the radar, so it won't be out in a few days, no. That being said, we do not plan to work on 4.1 for remotely as long as it took to get 4.0 out of the door. 4.1 will be a smaller, more focused release that won't see the kind of sweeping changes we had in 4.0.

A few of the things we're working on are:

- more idle animations

- rope restraints

- tape gags

- a pet play suit w/ animations

- improvements to the gag talk system

- improvements to the bound combat system

31 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Ok, that explains it.

But this does mean that the armbinder+legbinder combo is still possible, right?

As long as it uses the slot the strait+legbinder combo uses.

Straitjackets use slot 32, regardless of whether or not they come with the legbinder part. You can theoretically make a legbinder-only device and still equip an armbinder, but as I said, the legbinder-only device would then -always- leave your upper torso naked, which is why we don't have plans to make one. There is no hobble-skirt only device for the same reason - we only have hobble dresses. If we make more legbinder variants (and we might!), they will probably come with some upper-body gear.

2 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Speaking of bigger ball gags...

Some time ago i made a proof of concept for a dynamically resizable and positionable ball gags, send it to Zaz back then, but it never really took off.

The idea was to add some settings to SexLab for ball gag sizes, so you could set the size and position for every race and player (just in case).

Found it in the PM, so here is how it looked...

msg-594712-0-39061000-1468327725_thumb.jpgmsg-594712-0-85839700-1468327437_thumb.jpgmsg-594712-0-41341800-1466199040_thumb.jpg

What you see on those screenshots is the same item, except the ball is adjusted to fit the mouth in a different fashion.

If you wanna know how it worked, allow me to quote part of my PM message to Zaz:

and...

I guess i still have the proof of concept somewhere, so i could maybe dig it up in case someone would be interested.

Intriguing. Combining that idea with the inflatable gag idea should result in a fun item! :smiley:

Yeah, I don't want to put devices into slots where they don't belong. It's just not a clean solution and would cause all sorts of problems (e.g. massive clipping with slot 32 items). We discussed that way back when we made the hobble dresses and decided against it. We can -totally- add more body restraint type of devices, but they will probably have to be designed to stay within Bethesda's "full body armor only" design approach.

I am sorry to disappoint. But the -entire- framework is designed making the assumption that there is exactly ONE valid slot for each base type of device. If we'd suddenly deviate from that paradigm and allow devices in arbitrary slots, I'd have to rewrite a healthy portion of the framework AND force DD content mod authors to update THEIR code as well. It would be the worst backwards compatibility wreckage in the history of DD.  It's a complete nightmare, starting with me and everyone else having to make checks for conflicting items. Such as legbinders and hobble skirts being incompatible despite them using different slots. Our current system solves 99% of all device incompatibilities automatically - all you have to do is checking if the corresponding slot is already occupied (which the framework does for you anyway).

Slot 54 is used by Remodelled Armor btw. That's maybe THE most popular vanilla armor replacer around, and I really don't want to make DD incompatible with it. DD is already using pretty much every available slot. There is ONE slot left we could still use without breaking popular mods left and right (47), and I really don't want to use it for a device type we already have.

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

- rope restraints

- tape gags

Nice! I had been concepting how someone could make those kinds of devices in my head with the new 4.0 device properties, but never got around to actually trying to implement it. Glad to hear they're going to be an official feature of the framework.

3 minutes ago, Kimy said:

New commit:

- Added new gagged expression for the new larger ball gags.

- Added 8 new rope devices (armbinders, collars, full body harness, gags, blindfold)

Once all this in in DCL, will anyone ever make it out of Helgen Keep?   :classic_tongue:

LMAO

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

Once all this in in DCL, will anyone ever make it out of Helgen Keep?   :classic_tongue:

LMAO

Of course! You don't honestly think everyone puts the chance to trigger a Cursed Loot event at a high value, do you? 

Also; Helgen Keep? Do people still not play with Alternate Start Live Another Life installed? I haven't gone through the vanilla start in YEARS.

Rope restraints? Awesome possum, I hope they aren't just the same ones in ZAZ.

2 hours ago, Seph64 said:

Of course! You don't honestly think everyone puts the chance to trigger a Cursed Loot event at a high value, do you? 

Also; Helgen Keep? Do people still not play with Alternate Start Live Another Life installed? I haven't gone through the vanilla start in YEARS.

Rope restraints? Awesome possum, I hope they aren't just the same ones in ZAZ.

There's some previews here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/84513-ft-workshop/?

But I'm slacking at posting regular updates and progress so the thread sinks into the depths of the forums. :confounded:

If I find the time I'll try posting updates a bit more frequently.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:08 PM, Kimy said:

I pushed the first commits a few days ago, and we still have a lot of things on the radar, so it won't be out in a few days, no. That being said, we do not plan to work on 4.1 for remotely as long as it took to get 4.0 out of the door. 4.1 will be a smaller, more focused release that won't see the kind of sweeping changes we had in 4.0.

A few of the things we're working on are:

- more idle animations

- rope restraints

- tape gags

- a pet play suit w/ animations

- improvements to the gag talk system

- improvements to the bound combat system

If you're looking to add tape gags I've got one that I've been working on.  The mod is done, except I just have to move it forward a bit as there are some clipping issues if someone's lips are a bit forward, but you guys are welcome to use it.

tapegag.png

Bug Report:

The Sliderset "DDX - CBBE - FT_RopeBinder_Fingers" puts the mesh file for the armbinder in "meshes\armor\FT_RopeArmbinder\" instead of "meshes\devious\FeuerTin\FT_RopeArmbinder\" that is set for zadx_Armbinder_RopeAA.

Also, not sure if bug, but it looks like the arm position for the rope binders currently is the same as for the regular armbinder, while the rope binder model seems to be made for the "elbowbinder" arms.

Rope stuff looks fantastic!

5 hours ago, GrimReaperCalls said:

Bug Report:

The Sliderset "DDX - CBBE - FT_RopeBinder_Fingers" puts the mesh file for the armbinder in "meshes\armor\FT_RopeArmbinder\" instead of "meshes\devious\FeuerTin\FT_RopeArmbinder\" that is set for zadx_Armbinder_RopeAA.

Also, not sure if bug, but it looks like the arm position for the rope binders currently is the same as for the regular armbinder, while the rope binder model seems to be made for the "elbowbinder" arms.

I can confirm the arms are in the standard armbinder position but the ropes look like they're designed for the elbowbinder position, so they don't fit. EDIT - this is for both the rope armbinder and the strict rope armbinder.

Also, just for the record, the UUNP sliderset builds to the correct directory, so that issue looks like cbbe-only.

Hi,

I asked this in the DDI thread, but I think it fits better here now that I've also tested it with the latest development branch.

When the player character is wearing an armbinder and a hobble dress, she is unable to shout, despite being able to shout wearing each item on its own - is this intended behaviour?

Not a huge deal, but in the mod I'm writing, there's a section where the character has to shout while wearing both of these restraints.  Is there a way for me to work around this, maybe by adding/removing keywords from my custom devices (copies of the elbowbinder and extreme hobble dress)?

Many thanks,

Rog

P.S.  The new stuff, particularly the rope restraints, look incredible!

5 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

Rope stuff looks fantastic!

I can confirm the arms are in the standard armbinder position but the ropes look like they're designed for the elbowbinder position, so they don't fit. EDIT - this is for both the rope armbinder and the strict rope armbinder.

Also, just for the record, the UUNP sliderset builds to the correct directory, so that issue looks like cbbe-only.

Have this issue with UUNP to.

7 minutes ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Have this issue with UUNP to.

Do you mean you get the armbinder idle instead of the elbowbinder idle for the rope binders, or that you have the rope armbinder mesh being generated in the wrong folder after building it in bodyslide? Or both? I might not have been clear with my last post, sorry. I do get the first problem with UUNP, but not the second.