Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Ok, I just merged an experimental fix for the problem where bound NPCs lose their bound animations outsides of the currently active cell. I have no clue if this fix resolves the problem entirely, partially or not at all, and if it breaks all sorts of other things or not. In other words, it needs testing! :smiley:

39 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Ok, I just merged an experimental fix for the problem where bound NPCs lose their bound animations outsides of the currently active cell. I have no clue if this fix resolves the problem entirely, partially or not at all, and if it breaks all sorts of other things or not. In other words, it needs testing! :smiley:

My quick first impressions:

Tested with Sasha from Cursed Loot, result: not fixed. She was back to unbound animations both when following through a door, and when waiting in a cell as I enter.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Fix worked on NPCs when moving between areas (I tested it quickly in Riverwood by going in and out of houses with 2 NPCs in armbinders, one inside, one outside.)

Related to NPC bound animations that wasn't addressed in the fix: it takes about 10 seconds for NPCs to react to their armbinders, both once their placed in them and when their loaded back into an active cell.

During that time they'll be sandboxing while the armbinder is attached to their back, their arms free, and hands invisible.

53 minutes ago, Kimy said:

The fix wouldn't work on followers, only regular NPCs. I will have to write a separate code path for followers.

Ok, I've now done a more proper test with normal npcs, and it seems to be working for the most part.

I did notice two things while testing, though some (or both) of these may be unrelated to the latest fix:

First, it seems it may also block doors. At least the ones I tested with didn't go inside when they should, and instantly teleported inside once I walked inside.

Second, seems npcs can still use torches while bound.

5ac689d3241ff_enb2018_04_0522_32_48_35.thumb.jpg.4f9f2326f126da5835971606637136f3.jpg

I will have to check the package I used. I thought I disabled all world interactions for NPCs with tied wrists. And yes, they wouldn't be able to open doors. Try opening a door when wearing a yoke! :smiley:

9 hours ago, Kimy said:

Try opening a door when wearing a yoke! :smiley:

I havn't one at hand :classic_blush: but it still appears to me that not all world interactions are the same.

Difficult to catch the difference in a mod? Probably yes!

In my mind I see things like:

Opening (unlocked) doors is something that each child learns to do for the fun of it... or when carry stuff and lazyness to put it down wins.

Cooking without hands ... now we are talking about a world interaction that is beyond my imagination's limits.

Is that something to keep in mind for the future?... Assumed that is possible to catch the differences in a mod at all.

23 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The rope armbinder and the strict rope armbinder are still too wide.

I assume this is because they only currently have one mesh rather than the usual two most items have (0 and 1) and that one mesh is shaped to fit a max weight character. For low weight characters it makes the ropes look loose (and the hands look quite big.) When I changed my character to max weight the fit was perfect. At min weight (what I play) she has plenty of wiggle room around the upper arms, chest and ribs in particular.

(This is using UNP for what it's worth.)

12 minutes ago, SleepyJim said:

I assume this is because they only currently have one mesh rather than the usual two most items have (0 and 1) and that one mesh is shaped to fit a max weight character. For low weight characters it makes the ropes look loose (and the hands look quite big.) When I changed my character to max weight the fit was perfect. At min weight (what I play) she has plenty of wiggle room around the upper arms, chest and ribs in particular.

(This is using UNP for what it's worth.)

Thanks for the reply.

Sounds logical.

But, my character already has max weight.

Maybe CBBE slim has something to do with it.

Because the wide shoulders look a bit like the CBBE curvy shoulders.

The animations are great. Some devices used to feel like forced cosmetic items with some minor side effects.

But now the characters seems to react to the devices with those new animations.

It feels much more realistic now, which is really nice.

Wearing a restrictive device like a ballgag only seemed to stop you from talking.

But I can say from experience that when I wear a gag for more than 20 mins IRL.

I really start to notice the gag, I can feel it in my jaw and I start drooling a lot more.

The new struggle animations may seem like a small change. But they adding some extra realism and immersion I didn't know I was missing.

:heart:

1 hour ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The animations are great. Some devices used to feel like forced cosmetic items with some minor side effects.

But now the characters seems to react to the devices with those new animations.

It feels much more realistic now, which is really nice.

Wearing a restrictive device like a ballgag only seemed to stop you from talking.

But I can say from experience that when I wear a gag for more than 20 mins IRL.

I really start to notice the gag, I can feel it in my jaw and I start drooling a lot more.

The new struggle animations may seem like a small change. But they adding some extra realism and immersion I didn't know I was missing.

To jump on this, one thing I'd love to see is when your char is wearing a gag, eventually you start drooling.

For now, I tend to go into slavetats and add a drool tat untill I remove the gag.
Maybe this can be added, maybe this is something another mod should do.

No idea, but I'd love to see something like this.

35 minutes ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

To jump on this, one thing I'd love to see is when your char is wearing a gag, eventually you start drooling.

For now, I tend to go into slavetats and add a drool tat untill I remove the gag.
Maybe this can be added, maybe this is something another mod should do.

No idea, but I'd love to see something like this.

Dripping when aroused does have a feature kind of like that.

While I love the new animations. There are a few that slightly bother me.

She was wearing an armbinder and plugs, She got the vibration event.

And she dropped to her knees.

But I wouldn't be able to make that pose because I would fall over.

Especially with my hand tied.

With the knees as a contact point about ~80% of her weight is on her upper body and her lower legs aren't heavy enough to act as a counter weight.

Which will likely result in her falling over.

5ac87f0a3f121_enb2018_04_0623_55_42_56DD.thumb.jpg.deca424b4569e65e6e359710c5c5cb7a.jpg

Also, the new gag struggle animation is a bit over the top I think.

She uses her whole body for it.

I have a query, I go to a blacksmith while wearing regular devious devices (ie yoke) with or without key in my inventory and ask them to remove the device and i get the comment " i have no idea how to remove this item" yet the same blacksmith can unlock high security items from mods such as DCL for a fee. is there a way to change the framework so a blacksmith can remove regular DD items, even for a fee or alternative payment type (i leave that part to peoples imagination lol) ? maybe the item will also get destroyed in the process?

this idea may have already been discussed by the team but just putting it out there. i know DCL gives an option for blacksmith to remove items after doing a delivery while bound, which is very creative for a mod addon though and i have certainly had fun with that in the past :smile:

1 hour ago, Maddac said:

I have a query, I go to a blacksmith while wearing regular devious devices (ie yoke) with or without key in my inventory and ask them to remove the device and i get the comment " i have no idea how to remove this item" yet the same blacksmith can unlock high security items from mods such as DCL for a fee. is there a way to change the framework so a blacksmith can remove regular DD items, even for a fee or alternative payment type (i leave that part to peoples imagination lol) ? maybe the item will also get destroyed in the process?

this idea may have already been discussed by the team but just putting it out there. i know DCL gives an option for blacksmith to remove items after doing a delivery while bound, which is very creative for a mod addon though and i have certainly had fun with that in the past :smile:

DD Helpers allows blacksmiths to remove any standard devices classed as heavy bondage, either using a key if you have one, or destroying the device if you don't. Followers can also help you out (and tie you up.) Ways of getting free of devices like this were removed from the framework because it was thought most people already used devious plugin mods that allowed for it.

Noticed something small.

The arm clips through the armbinder.

She was wearing the black leather armbinder and I'm using CBBE slim and I built all devices with CBBE slim.

5acb832e54b93_enb2018_04_0914_06_37_36DD.thumb.jpg.34a5517037f64c7f500deb3269ecb428.jpg

Also, the new lockable coloured catsuits aren't bodyslide enabled right?

Unless I missed something.

As I said somewhere above, the CBBE armbinder doesn't use Bodyslide and WILL look a bit off on CBBE Slim. It was built for CBBE Curvy. It's not off by much, but yes, it is noticeable.

The catsuits should be Bodyslide supported, though.

26 minutes ago, Kimy said:

As I said somewhere above, the CBBE armbinder doesn't use Bodyslide and WILL look a bit off on CBBE Slim. It was built for CBBE Curvy. It's not off by much, but yes, it is noticeable.

The catsuits should be Bodyslide supported, though.

Thanks for the reply.

The armbinder has been like that for while, not a big deal.

Only noticable when I look for it.

The old catsuits: the Black, Ebonite etc. are all fine.

But the new coloured ones use the curvy body for me.

I see these catsuits in Bodyslide:

Cursed Loot mxw Catsuit

Cursed Loot mxw Catsuit TBBP

mxw Body TBBP

DCL - CBBE - MXW_Catsuit

DCL - CBBE - MXW_Catsuit TBBP

DDX - CBBE MXW_Catsuit

DDX - CBBE MXW_Catsuit TBBP

mxw Catsuit

mxw Catsuit Transparent

mxw Catsuit TBBP T

mxw Body TBBP

Am I missing one or are the overwriting or something.

New commit:

- Added several sets of pony animations to use with or without wrist restraints. The effects are trigged by a keyword that can be present on ANY DD device. Mind you, that the existing pony devices in DD do not (yet) trigger the effects. For testing purposes, there is a device "Pony Collar" (zad_PonyCollar_Inventory) in DDI that can be spawned in the console and will trigger the effects.

- Added a reimplementation of the popular Destroy Key feature. Like its predecessor, it can be toggled by the user in MCM. It is now quest-safe, though. Modders do NOT have to write workarounds to make sure it doesn't destroy their quest keys. Keys will only be consumed if a keyword (zad_NonUniqueKey) is present on the key. The DD framework keys are enabled for this feature.

- The NPC bound animations should now be resilient against cell changes, even for followers.