Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Any idea if or when my small pull request will be accepted?  if I read Github well, it hasn't been merged yet.

Without it, custom events from devices in my Parasites, Stories and SD+ mod will not work properly. Or any custom event for that matter.

Development on 4.1 hasn't really started yet, officially. We're in the early stages of discussing and prototyping some things! :smile:

11 hours ago, Solatium said:

If this is implemented, there should probably be limits on skills in case an uncapper is involved.

I tend to keep DD gameplay level-agnostic, in order to avoid content creators having to account for the level of the character playing their mods, but there are skill-based bonuses in place, that give you a little bit of an advantage when trying to escape devices etc.

16 minutes ago, Kimy said:

And don't ask me what Veldarius says about the framework. I /ignored him, so I can't see his bitching postings anymore.

Veladarius and myself have pretty much the same complaints, so I'll remove myself. Good luck with your echo chamber.

I don't have a problem with how you presented your feedback above. I have a problem with Veldarius because of the utterly nonconstructive way he has been bitching and whining about DD4 for MONTHS without EVER making one single constructive suggestion. "It sucks!!!" doesn't qualify as constructive feedback.

5 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Catastrophic Fail Chance - 

--- Standard items I would leave this as an option but 0% as a default

--- Custom items can use this to represent a lock that is old and fragile but I think it should be used in combination with Key Break Chance and Jam Lock Chance with them operating in order - Key Break (if using a lock pick this is the chance to advance onward) -> Jam Lock -> Catastrophic fail. Key break automatically does a Jam lock chance. Each attempt to unjam a lock that fails raises the difficulty until a maximum of 95% is reached (if set to below that value). Once it reaches that and you fail then each subsequent attempt checks against the Catastrophic fail chance.

*** I never used this as I did not feel it had any place on a standard device and pretty much every custom device was unremovable anyway

I assume by standard Items you mean the default Items that DDI has, and this would be any Item that is generic. ( Which I think all Items from DDI by default should be of a generic in Nature ? ), ( This only changed or made custom by modders who use DDI as a resource ? )

1. Meaning any Item you might get put on, or put on your self that is not created by a Modder who use's DDI as a resource, would be Normally removed, with no failure by default ?

2. So lets say a Modder just grabs a DDI item during there quest, and places it on the player, or NPC, ( Not a custom made item ) ( I also assume DDI does not make custom Items its self ). These Items would By default always accept a key, unless and Option ( Created in DDI MCM ) in DDI MCM, was toggled to some percentage beyond the Default of ZERO ?

3. So by default, Keys would always work on all DDI Items, that were not Tweaked by a Mod maker, who was using DDI as a resource ? 

4. However if a Modder, who uses DDI as a resource, creates a special Item, The modder could decide to have what ever Percentage of break, jam, or lock, they needed for there Mod.  So that would be totally controlled by the Modder who uses DDI as a resource ?

I could easy understand that, for many quest oriented Idea's.

EXAMPLE: Your Mod Vel Which I like, and understand the reason for entrapping the player, could force the player to remain bound, and you alone would decide if, or how the player might remove the Items, with either your own get freedom choices in your mods own MCM, or choices given in your Mods quest scenario.

5. This makes sense to me, I think the Modder who uses DDI should be able to decide how, and when the Player can get free. To me that makes perfect sense.

But to Me having the resource, always apply the percentage of Jam, failure, wait, or go to a blacksmith, or what ever is not a good Idea. Please note the to Me

I have no desire to force my thinking on anyone Else, and I do not think that everyone should think like me I just Personally like having Options.

The idea that one key fits all has always bothered me. With this I mean that a single chastity key can open all the chastity belts in the world. What if there would be only one base key to be found and to be able to use it on a device it must be modified to fit and open the lock in question? The base key could be modified at different working stations or maybe the player could buy/find a tool set to modify the keys. The success rate of a key could be binded to the blacksmithing skill. A low skill would mean a key that breaks easier. And when you start to modify a key you should select the device in question from a list of lockable DD items in the PC's inventory, or maybe limit it to the devices that the character or someone else is wearing - meaning that you cannot make and test the key unless the item is locked on someone. 

Some special devices could still have such a high level locks that a special key or a blacksmith is needed to open them. Some devices might also need a different escape mechanism - e.g. you cannot modify the keys if your hands are inside an armbinder. In these cases help from a follower or from someone else is needed, maybe having the success rate of 50% of PC's blacksmithing skill (she can still give instructions what to do, if not gagged). Blindfolds could also decrease the blacksmithing skill.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this also means that the produced key will fit only that one lock it was made for and will be useless for any other devices. So maybe the key should always break after successful use.

The above post of mine reminded me of the Skeleton Key of the Thieves Guild quest line. As advertised that key can open all the locks and basically should also open the DD items. This might be more like a mod idea so a better place could be at the DCUR thread or similar. Anyways, maybe this Skeleton key could also open the DD locks, and sometimes have other, not so welcomed, consequences? E.g. changing the device to another harder to escape special device.

5 hours ago, Kimy said:

Tiered keys is something I really like as an idea, but it's rock-hard to fit into the existing system without breaking backwards compatibility left and right. BUT...what can be done is adding different quality lockpicks!

I like #3. Expect that to make it in!

what about adding a minimun struggling? (but i would not put it too high.)

i have a idea for an additional unlocking mechanism. basicaly a potion, that summons a ghost/famillar that helps you unlock armbinder/yoke's, as long as you have the correct key's. maybe they steal all your key's after they unlocked your armbinder?(because they are locked in restrains too (but without locked arms))?

so you have another escape method, as long as you are not gagged.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:47 PM, kplh said:

About the difficulty slider: one thing you have to remember is that only people who are unhappy with it are complaining about it, people who are fine with it won't bother posting, therefore there is no easy way to tell what percentage of people like/hate the feature...

I am sorry, but this is wrong.  Not everyone who is unhappy about the difficulty slider ends up complaining about it.  Some of them just leave for good.

Spoiler

Can't delete this spoiler for some reason

One example being myself.

The only reason I am still around is to publish the new sex system I spent a month working on (waiting for Ashal to publish new version of sexlab):

Spoiler

Here again is the new sex system I published on the dev thread:

ZDD__Filter.7z

Is it better than the old system?  Yes (231 animation posibilities VS 22 animation posibilities)

Does it work?  Yes (probably could still use more testing)

------------------------

What is still missing from the new sex system:  (this is what I am talking about when I mention "finishing" the new sex system)

1)  Hobble sex animations

2)  Fixing glitches in existing animations (these glitches are in the old system too)

3)  Improvements on existing animations (like adding hand/finger motion to yoke animations)

4)  Adding new sex animations

-----------------------------------------

So, while the new sex system is still far from the ideal I wanted it to be, it works and is better than the old system.  It has animations for the elbowbinder/BByoke/Frontcuffs, and the old system doesn't.

------------------------------------------

When I have the energy, I will create one more version of the new sex system, where I will:

1)  Add the one hobble animation I had nearly finished

2)  Fix one glitch regarding weapons in existing animations (this glitch is my fault, so I will fix it)

Once that is done,  I too am dropping out. (unless full player/modder control for default items is somehow restored)

Wykes
Posted 8 hours ago

When I played v3, I usually left hardcore mode off, unless I was attempting to escape from an armbinder, where it was a simple two clicks to try to escape (I also disabled the new escape mechanism, and disabled any chance of key failure, as I detest having to wait for anything, let alone having it forced on me).  Hell, even though I wrote the initial version of the Lock Shield for v3, I personally only used it for one specific play-through on a single specific character (which is why I left it disabled by default when issuing the pull-request, and allowed it to be disabled mid-play-through).  From what I'm reading, it's enabled by default on devices now?  That would put me off as well.

It is a funny feeling to have something you helped create become unplayable to you, isn't it?

------------------------------------------------

Don't worry Kimy, this will be my only post here.

Oh for crying out loud Cedec. Don't drag @Princessity into this. She absolutely didn't leave because of the escape system (which she helped design, by the way). Which you know very well because you were part of that private and personal (!) conversation from which you quoted above (which is so very uncool, by the way).

Now please. Can we get back to having a nice discussion here like we used to up to a few hours ago? The previous couple of pages were actually a great debate -- one that should have happened during the beta testing but that sadly wasn't possible because some folks always felt the need to declare the end of the world when changes X, Y or Z would happen, effectively drowning out all other voices. But it's never too late to have a good debate, so please, let's get back to it and stop the useless and totally counter-productive flaming.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, El_Duderino said:

@Princessity (which is so very uncool, by the way).

Yeah, you're right about that so I removed it.

She absolutely didn't leave because of the escape system (which she helped design, by the way).

She left precisely because of the new escape system.  It is dishonest to suggest anything else.

---------------

Well,  I also don't feel like arguing about this, or anything else for that matter.

Goodbye and good luck.

Just want to point out guys and gals to have a good debate

Stays clear of the personal attacks, just talk about the mod and the features and possible solutions (like the everytime we fail to get out next time is more easier)

Just like El Duderino pointed out, it was really interesting with great ideas and narrowing some things that was irritating for the gameplay experience

Let's not go back with naming and accusing, we all want the same thing.... the best damn DD experience that the dd team can give us :smile:

For me what i like less its waiting too much for the chance to try again to get out of my bindings.  The time lock ?  What i would like to know if possible what is the differences in stats between the difficulty settings ?  Maybe making more of a difference between the difficulty setting so that when it on easy then its a minor challenge and a middle challenge to be less irratating for some options when at default. Like no time lock until questionning difficulty or something like that for generic devices

I think changing the stats of the different settings could be away since there are 8 settings ?

1 hour ago, atreyatan said:

What is even going on, on this site anymore. Ive been back for 2 weeks and it seems everyone is self destructing.

Some people don't agree about the direction of DD4.

But neither of the parties is willing to back down.

Seems like compromises are off the table and things have gotten too personal.

It pains me to see this, as I respect both sides.

But both sides have got a point.

for my own experience while the new systems aren't bad in anyway having them all on each generic device still seems a bit overkill.

What about splitting the mechanics in an immersive way across the different devices?

Rusty items have a higher chance to break or jam

heavy bondage items like armbinders and jackets tire you out from struggling

Chastity belts and bra's have lock shields etc

Just a thought but honestly I don't care either way. Things change and we've had lot of good stuff added that doesn't get enough thanks. I'm more concerned with Kimy reaching a breaking point over everything and DD getting flat out abandoned cause that would be way worse.

The new system works for me because i have other mods to help me escape etc i think everyone is saying on its own by itself with no other mods helping its really hard to escape and unfair.

3 minutes ago, atreyatan said:

The new system works for me because i have other mods to help me escape etc i think everyone is saying on its own by itself with no other mods helping its really hard to escape and unfair.

The main complaint seems that the difficulty is now a preset and that takes away customisation.

People want seperate controlls for struggle succes chance, key efficiency etc.

15 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The main complaint seems that the difficulty is now a preset and that takes away customisation.

People want seperate controlls for struggle succes chance, key efficiency etc.

I see that makes sense though, people like to customize their own experiences thats the whole reason people modded skyirm anyway ^^

Just for the record, here's my feedback on DD4 in general including the escape system.

I have been playing on "Questionnable" difficulty for about 40 hours, with random events equipping framework, extended or custom restraints (DCL/DE/Defeat).

Let's start with the awesome stuff DDi brings in general and that we still have in 4 :

- Belts, plugs, bras, corsets are doing exactly what they advertised. In themselves, they don't do much but by interacting with other mods  (mostly arousal-based) it makes having them an interesting experience - plus the random events linked to them are really gameplay-friendly, and I wish they also triggered based on gameplay context.

- Blindfolds are doing what they advertise. They do prevent you from seeing part of the game, making the gameplay much more difficult to follow. It's the most restrictive device I enjoy, because it treads the thin line between "difficult" and "unplayable". The option to just slightly blur the screen or (with consoleutils) to use fog at a set distance should allow everybody to find their own difficulty settings if they wish to keep playing when one of these drops.

- Boots, hobble dresses and most leg restraints are not too restrictive to play with, although it makes the game pace slow down a lot. It is still a fine gameplay mechanism... when you're sure it won't last more than a few minutes. After that it just becomes boring. Thankfully there's the speed slider for them so it works out for my play style.

- The armbinder (or any heavy restraint) works basically as intended. It's a game-stopper and definitely brings the game to an "unplayable" state, but it's fine in a way for it to be like that. I disabled the random heavy restraints drops from the content mods I use : it's more of a quest thing to lock the player up that badly so it makes little sense as a random drop. The bound combat feature could be brushed up, but I understand that is in the works.
- Gags are well implemented, and usually well supported by content mods. They also manage to make the game more difficult without it being unplayable... Except for the fact having a gag literally softlocks most of your quests.

The stuff that I didn't like was :
- Arms and leg restraints do not bring anything to the game, at all. I often end up taking them off, but not for any particular reason. Maybe it's just me misunderstanding them but it feels like they could be used for more than decoration - as opposed to the collar which is an "official" ownership symbol just having cuffs don't seem to carry much meaning.
- Gags prevent quests. I find having them in dungeon just fine, but it makes the rest of the game unplayable and you have to take them off once you want to actually do stuff. It's a bit sad that an item this un-restrictive has that big of a drawback.

- Keys breaking is frustrating and without consequences, most of the time. I play with a fairly low restraint & key drop chance in general, so I end up with a fair amount of spare keys and a key breaking/lock jamming just means I have to wait a moment and try again... which doesn't change anything except taking my time.
- I nearly never use the struggle features, and always consider it a "get out of jail bondage free" option. You can basically use every option, press T to wait for cooldowns if it fails and you always get out. The feature where it tightens the device and makes it inescapable seems interesting, but it never has prevented me from doing that with another option.
- The struggle features menu (and the whole device menu in general) is unfriendly. The options are not explicit, no info about chances of success unless you go click on a button to check.

Since it's feedback-time, here's some possible point of views or solutions about the issues :

Content-mod related :

- The gag blocking quests thing can be fixed by a content mod easily (by adding a way for you to talk through the gag or NPCs to remove it when you talk to them/get inside a town/...), so I guess it's okay. I still find it a bit weird that the default framework behavior is to block the player progress, but as Kimy said it's not the framework putting the items on so it is fine-ish.

- Some effects to the arms and legs restraints can be added, like a way for them to get linked/entangled or to prevent removing armor while wearing them (I think DFW/S adds something like that, but I'm not sure).

Framework-related :

- About the menu :

- Add infos about the options directly with the menu entry, like the key type needed or the chances of success.

- Move the "unjam lock" to the main part of the menu, instead of the "escape" menu and only show it if the lock is jammed - 90% of the time it's something you want to find immediately.

- Do not allow attempting to struggle, cut or lockpick if the device prevents it.

- Revamp the whole devices menu to spread options - something like an UIExtensions wheel menu or list menu would feel less cramped.
I'm fully aware of the limitations of default Skyrim menus, and this is why I think you should consider using a GUI mod which would also allow you to dynamically inject text or disable options based on complex checks. From an user point of view, the device menu is a huge part of DDi, definitely the part they'll interact with the most, and it has to be friendly to this end-user. Cutting corners on it makes the framework feel way less polished.

- For the alternate escape route (struggle/lockpick/...) :

- Get rid of the timeouts and replace them with a proper "prevent retries" mechanism

Having timeouts brings nothing to the table : doing a speedrun-like exit-exit-escape-T-enter-wait 1 s-inventory to retry is artificial content. A failure locking you out of the escape method altogether is more interesting, minigames (as discussed by others above) would also be interesting, and events triggering in case of failure is interesting (in which case just prevent other attempts until the event is handled, but no need for a timeout).

- Give escape failures some real hooks into other events

There's no real reward in escaping restraints this way, and there's no consequences in failing to escape. Granted, a content mod would handle these consequences but I don't believe there's a way for them to detect it happened.
- You could otherwise just do nothing, and let dedicated content mods hook their own escape options into DDi.

- For the normal escape route (using a key) :

- Add a fail-safe way to handle key breaking/jamming directly in the framework. Preferably one that doesn't just take time or a speedrun-like key combination to skip.

- Alternatively, set their values to 0 on the default devices.

Paraphrasing, i believe Kimy said : If a content mod wants to use devices whose key can break or lock can jam, it's on them to handle the consequences.

Most mods providing you with items do not have in their scope to handle these events (such as DE/DEC/SD+/Defeat/For The Masses, or any other hypothetical "lock a random device on you and go to the other side of the map to get the key" mod) so it would make more sense for these settings to be restricted to content-mod items.

The idea is that if the content mod gives a framework key to the player for unlocking a framework device, the content mod intends for the player to be able to remove the device and not for a potential removal of the device.

Well, that ended up being a long post. I hope it's useful, and although it just mostly repeats the same thing everybody else has been saying I hope it brings some additional context to what has been stated.

I am not going to react to the drama stuff. Still not sure why people think bitching, whining and finger-pointing is going to get them what they want.

Instead I am focusing on the constructive feedback people gave here!

I gather that the features that drive people to ask for more powerful customization options are mostly the cooldowns. I totally respect that. In all honesty, I am not the biggest fan of cooldowns either. A lot of games are using them, not because they are cool or fun, but because they are needed to balance gameplay systems. DD is no exception. I introduced them for a specific purpose - to make sure getting equipped with a device doesn't result in the player automatically standing still and spamming escape attempts until the device falls off them. This has been the case with the old armbinders. Most people, myself included, never walked one inch with one equipped. You got put into an armbinder and - one the same spot - spammed struggle attempts until the thing was off. That's....boring. Now, that we have bound combat and armbinders aren't a showstopper anymore, the new system wanted to encourage players to actually PLAY while bound. Going from A to B to look for help. Browsing these containers for that convenient sharp item. Looking for keys. Trying to escape that dungeon. Anything but standing still.

The escape/repair cooldowns essentially represent the time it took you to "work" your bindings. It's not very realistic that you can struggle with your armbinder 100 times in a row and not one minute of time will have passed.

This is just to make people understand why these cooldowns are there. I still respect that people don't like the concept. And I think they have a point when they say that they are probably overused right now.

So, here is what I have in mind:

1. I will split the current difficulty slider in two. All cooldown related settings (unlock, escape, repair cooldown, lock shields) will be affected by a separate MCM slider. This will allow people to tone down these cooldowns without having to trivialize the entire rest of the game. The new slider will very likely have an even greater range than the current one, so people will be able to make these cooldowns largely vanish from their experience. And having two sliders is still reasonable in terms of complexity.

2. The unlock cooldowns will be removed from some items where they really make no sense (e.g. gags, cuffs, blindfolds). In return they might be increased on a few select items that are all about wearing them for a longer time, and while playing the game (e.g. chastity items)

3. There will be a new feature giving a % bonus to escape chances with every failed event. So even if RNG hates you, you will still get out of this device in finite time. Modders will be able to set this % modifier to any non-negative number they wish. For the standard library, I am thinking 10-25%, depending on the device type (rope might have a larger bonus than steel devices, for struggling against rope tends to gradually weaken it).

4. I will do something about the key break settings as well. Probably significantly decreasing the chances for this to happen for standard devices. They might be too high for what's meant to be a library of generic, not-too-harsh devices.

5. I will look at introducing different quality lockpicks (people have suggested this idea for keys, but I think it fits lockpick tools MUCH better, and will be easier to implement on top of it), so people might be able to escape their bindings with lockpicks offering them better chances than the standard vanilla lockpick. Modders will obviously be able to freely allow/disallow this feature for their custom items.

6. We will be looking at making changes to the gag-talk, aimed to prevent them from being shopstoppers in some situations. That was an unintended side-effect when we revamped the gag system and will be addressed in some shape or fashion. This is something currently in discussion in the DD team.

You mentioned a few pages ago (Just now catching up on the content over the last few days, didn't see there was so much discussion before my last post) that you'd like to see more Why reasons.  For me, in this playthough I really like long lock shields (except on "restrictive" items), medium key creation, no lock jam, and single use keys.  I like the feeling of being stuck in something for a while.  I like trying to find keys and then hang on to them for days before the locks finally release. 

But I do change the options between playthroughs.  Last time I had no shield, high key break chance, and multi-use keys (til they broke!), and combined that with relatively high key drops and high arousal weighting on DCL chances and DCL's Progressive Bondage options.  I'd start off pretty safe when I left town, but sometimes things snowball and I'm a tied up ball of lust, frantically rooting through urns at the end of a dungeon.

I think the reason I like to be able to change the options is to keep things fresh and exciting.  Let's face it, in food or fun or sex or kink, you want a different experience from time to time.  You want to get into a different headspace.  I have found that the different escape options make me think about the situation different, and that makes it much more of a turn-on again.

BTW, if I could design my ideal system, it would require the rare keys (head restraints key etc) to bypass the lock shield, and regular restraints keys to open them when the shield is down.  That would add more utility to the rare keys and make the lock shield less of a binary.  And a bit of an interesting gameplay choice - spend the rare key to get out early, or hope I still have keys left when time's up?

22 minutes ago, DexesTTP said:

Framework-related :

- About the menu :

- Add infos about the options directly with the menu entry, like the key type needed or the chances of success.

- Move the "unjam lock" to the main part of the menu, instead of the "escape" menu and only show it if the lock is jammed - 90% of the time it's something you want to find immediately.

- Do not allow attempting to struggle, cut or lockpick if the device prevents it.

- Revamp the whole devices menu to spread options - something like an UIExtensions wheel menu or list menu would feel less cramped.
I'm fully aware of the limitations of default Skyrim menus, and this is why I think you should consider using a GUI mod which would also allow you to dynamically inject text or disable options based on complex checks. From an user point of view, the device menu is a huge part of DDi, definitely the part they'll interact with the most, and it has to be friendly to this end-user. Cutting corners on it makes the framework feel way less polished.

I agree that the feedback you're given is a tad clumsy, but I am a bit reluctant to add another dependency (e.g. UIExtensions), if I don't absolutely have to. But at least the feedback is there! Mind you that the way the system is implemented, some bonus modifiers will get applied only when the actual attempt is being made, so it's impractical to present the player with a % value. It's also not very realistic. When you struggle against ropes, you don't know if you have a 15% or 27% chance to escape them either. You might have a vague idea like "this rope doesn't look very strong, I can probably struggle out of it", which is consistent with what the framework gives you.

Some of the menus might look...silly. But I had to keep the order of certain buttons intact to make DD4 backwards compatible with devices created in DD3.x or earlier.

As for not allowing struggling if the chances are zero. Why? If you're wearing handcuffs, nothing will prevent you from struggling against them. It's pointless, sure, as it's 100% impossible to struggle out of properly applied handcuffs. But nothing keeps you. If you inspect the device, DD will actually tell you of a device is impossible to escape.

- For the alternate escape route (struggle/lockpick/...) :

- Get rid of the timeouts and replace them with a proper "prevent retries" mechanism

Having timeouts brings nothing to the table : doing a speedrun-like exit-exit-escape-T-enter-wait 1 s-inventory to retry is artificial content. A failure locking you out of the escape method altogether is more interesting, minigames (as discussed by others above) would also be interesting, and events triggering in case of failure is interesting (in which case just prevent other attempts until the event is handled, but no need for a timeout).

- Give escape failures some real hooks into other events

There's no real reward in escaping restraints this way, and there's no consequences in failing to escape. Granted, a content mod would handle these consequences but I don't believe there's a way for them to detect it happened.
- You could otherwise just do nothing, and let dedicated content mods hook their own escape options into DDi.

Sending ModEvent triggers when the player tries to escape items sounds fun! I will add that!

Prevent retries is a feature already implemented: Catastrophic failure chances determine if an escape attempt failed so badly that you can't retry this method again.

- For the normal escape route (using a key) :

- Add a fail-safe way to handle key breaking/jamming directly in the framework. Preferably one that doesn't just take time or a speedrun-like key combination to skip.

- Alternatively, set their values to 0 on the default devices.

Paraphrasing, i believe Kimy said : If a content mod wants to use devices whose key can break or lock can jam, it's on them to handle the consequences.

Most mods providing you with items do not have in their scope to handle these events (such as DE/DEC/SD+/Defeat/For The Masses, or any other hypothetical "lock a random device on you and go to the other side of the map to get the key" mod) so it would make more sense for these settings to be restricted to content-mod items.

The idea is that if the content mod gives a framework key to the player for unlocking a framework device, the content mod intends for the player to be able to remove the device and not for a potential removal of the device.

Well, that ended up being a long post. I hope it's useful, and although it just mostly repeats the same thing everybody else has been saying I hope it brings some additional context to what has been stated.

Keybreaking/jamming is fail-safe within DDI, as you can repair a jammed lock using nothing but framework mechanics. Content mods can always substitute their own mechanics if they wish (set the framework parameters to zero and implement your own). I do agree that the default keybreak mechancs are too harsh. See my above post.

So, here is what I have in mind:

1. I will split the current difficulty slider in two. All cooldown related settings (unlock, escape, repair cooldown, lock shields) will be affected by a separate MCM slider. This will allow people to tone down these cooldowns without having to trivialize the entire rest of the game. The new slider will very likely have an even greater range than the current one, so people will be able to make these cooldowns largely vanish from their experience. And having two sliders is still reasonable in terms of complexity.

Personnally for me this list of improvements is great news :smile:best is number one

Thank you @kimy and continue the great work, dont let small negativity ruins the vast positivity of this fantastic mod