12 hours ago, zarantha said:

No real conflicts, but as I recall, there was a method to force CBPC to load after SMP, because the effective 'load order' for dlls is alphabetical.

It involved either a preload text file or an alternative of renaming the CBPC dll to xcbp.dll. I don't think this is required anymore, but it's still in the CBPC stickies.

I guess I'm still not clear on why the order of loading the DLLs matters. It seems pretty unlikely that either DLL has either a static-link or a GetProcAddress() dependency on the other, since neither has any basis for assuming that the other will be present.

12 hours ago, ChaosTheorist said:

I guess I'm still not clear on why the order of loading the DLLs matters. It seems pretty unlikely that either DLL has either a static-link or a GetProcAddress() dependency on the other, since neither has any basis for assuming that the other will be present.

In that particular case, a CTD was occurring if SMP loaded after CBPC. I don't think I ever saw the technical rca on why that happened, but I'm not doing it now so I'm assuming it was fixed. My point was it is possible to force a few dlls into a particular order if there is a need.

For 99.9% if the dlls, it doesn't matter.

How to tweak the XML for body/outfits to result in soft breasts that are properly affected by gravity?

The question doesn't really describe what i mean, so let me explain it...

I was always using different presets to build different types of outfits and body.
Here is how some of those presets look like (i am using CBBE SMP 3BBB, this is 100 weight used by the "fat ppl race", notice how saggy the "body" preset breasts are compared to other presets):
545685014_BodyPresetsExamples1.png.35cd99e69614e87a2dafbfd28fc8c63f.png
60834232_BodyPresetsExamples2.png.84eabff3dd139eac293f01f27fccced8.png

Now, with HDT SMP, i thought maybe i won't make the breasts saggy using the preset, but using an XML with different options - where the breast bones would be made much softer for the body or "body" type outfits, and more affected by gravity.
I thought, by doing this, i might also get much better results when it comes how the HDT simulated gravity pulls down on the breasts - if the saggyness is achieved via preset, then no matter what you do with HDT, it just won't look good in different than upright positions (for example, when on all four, the breasts should be pulled straight down, but if you build the meshes already saggy using BodySlide, the breast will mostly remain in that shape and it looks weird - like the gravity doesn't really affect them much).

So, the idea is to make all presets use breasts roughly in the shape they are on the "Corset" preset, and let HDT handle how much saggy and soft they will be, using different XML with different settings per outfit/body mesh.
Problem is, i am new to HDT, i don't really know what am i doing, so everything is trial and error, and i am struggling to get it where i want it.

So, my question is really this:
Is it really possible? (doesn't have to be perfect, just better than without)
Can somebody recommend a download with XML using similar body preset(s), where the result would be similar to what i want?
(even if just to use it as an example on how to tweak which values)

EDIT: I got relatively acceptable results after changing the L/R Breast02 parent bone from L/R Breast00 to L/R Breast01 and tweaking constraints, but it still needs some work.
Now i would like to know if HDT SMP can choose XML or adjust parameters based on the NPC weight - that would be really useful.

On 10/6/2020 at 8:32 AM, Vortec said:

Yeah I have noticed that whenever using workbenches/Crafting stations is a sure guarantee of SMP spazzing out. I will try your suggestion. I will try your suggestion.

I've just noticed on the Nexus's CBBE SMP page, they've added a plugin that gets rid of this problem.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:29 AM, Roggvir said:

Now i would like to know if HDT SMP can choose XML or adjust parameters based on the NPC weight - that would be really useful.

Not possible (not without scripting) because the way the weight system works. You have a mesh for weight 0 and mesh for weight 1. When used ingame, the engine loads both meshes and interpolates values for weights in between. This approach is best to avoid having the hundreds or thousands of meshes for each outfit for each weight.

SMP engine then attaches the physics/cols to a mesh if controller file is found in NIF. As you only have one pair of NIFs you can have only one XML.

I think it could be possible to do it via scripting, you will need to create 10 equippable non-visible items for each outfit (for weight 0.1 - 1.0, step by 0.1) equippable on unused slot, then create 10 XMLs for each weight and attach one XML per item. The script will then evaluate NPCs around you and will equip the item based on NPC weight and outfit type and thus will activate the desirable XML per weight (by 0.1 stepps). While technically possible I dont think the amount of work and tax on the engine will outweigh the difference in the result.

10 hours ago, OrrieL said:

Not possible (not without scripting) because the way the weight system works. You have a mesh for weight 0 and mesh for weight 1. When used ingame, the engine loads both meshes and interpolates values for weights in between. This approach is best to avoid having the hundreds or thousands of meshes for each outfit for each weight.

SMP engine then attaches the physics/cols to a mesh if controller file is found in NIF. As you only have one pair of NIFs you can have only one XML.

I guess my question was a bit unclear...

I am talking about the "NPC Weight" which is a parameter of the NPC record, with value between 0 and 100.
In theory, nothing prevents HDT SMP from getting this number and using it in its calculations - my poorly worded question was whether HDT SMP currently has some such capability.

10 hours ago, OrrieL said:

I think it could be possible to do it via scripting, you will need to create 10 equippable non-visible items for each outfit (for weight 0.1 - 1.0, step by 0.1) equippable on unused slot, then create 10 XMLs for each weight and attach one XML per item. The script will then evaluate NPCs around you and will equip the item based on NPC weight and outfit type and thus will activate the desirable XML per weight (by 0.1 stepps). While technically possible I dont think the amount of work and tax on the engine will outweigh the difference in the result.

I did something similar, except i changed the "SkinNaked" armor not to use any slot and attched a script to it which equips hidden weight-appropriate "armor" item.
Simple enough, but obviously it would be much better to have support for something like this directly in HDT.

8 hours ago, full_inu said:

Equippable havok objects with different settings for every object.
For examples and structure see my Schlongs of Skyrim HDT-SMP configs mod, for example

Sorry, not what i meant. Please read my clarification in my replies to OrrieL above.

Anyway, looks like HDT SMP isn't currently capable of doing this, so my question was answered.
(if the maintainer of HDT SMP, or some contributor reads this, maybe think about adding this feature, i thing ppl would use it if it were there)

10 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I guess my question was a bit unclear...

I am talking about the "NPC Weight" which is a parameter of the NPC record, with value between 0 and 100.
In theory, nothing prevents HDT SMP from getting this number and using it in its calculations - my poorly worded question was whether HDT SMP currently has some such capability.

NPC weight record has 0-100 (step 1, 101 values), display value in racemenu is 0-1 (step 0.01, 101 values), its just a different representation of the same variable, but the mechanics of how the game engine works still applies.

10 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I did something similar, except i changed the "SkinNaked" armor not to use any slot and attched a script to it which equips hidden weight-appropriate "armor" item.
Simple enough, but obviously it would be much better to have support for something like this directly in HDT.

Well, the SMP requires SKSE so accessing the weight variable should not be an issue. It should be fairly easy to implement a code to load controller XML based on a PC/NPC weight with reasonable stepps (for example if you define a step value of 3, then you have filename_0.xml to filename_2.xml, for weights 0-33,34-66,67-100). The XMLs and their content (variables) has to be manually defined.

If you want the SMP engine to "automatically" adjust varibles based on the weight then I am affraid it will produce weird results, it just cant work.

EDIT:

Anyway, looks like HDT SMP isn't currently capable of doing this, so my question was answered.
(if the maintainer of HDT SMP, or some contributor reads this, maybe think about adding this feature, i thing ppl would use it if it were there)

Sorry, I somehow skipped that part. Sure could be a nice feature to add in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, labradoorhandle said:

Is it possible to change some setting or two so SMP is only active for say hair and cloaks?

Well, if you disable all the various xmls scattered throughout your data\meshes folders (alongside the nifs for which they enable physics) except for your hair and cloaks, yes. Just rename them by adding a non-xml extension, so for example my Scarlet Dawn Armor's sc.xml might become sc.xml.nope. That will kill all physics on my Scarlet Dawn Armor while allowing SMP to work unhindered on everything else. Even more droll, Windows will henceforth identify the file as a NOPE FILE in the Type column of File Explorer. :classic_biggrin:

If you mean some easy-peasy parameter like a switch you can flip to turn off everything except hair and cloaks, no- SMP has no idea what it is jiggling, wiggling and waving, just that there are some moveable bones that are defined and constrained in xml files that the nifs' NiStringExtraData records point to.

5 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Well, if you disable all the various xmls scattered throughout your data\meshes folders (alongside the nifs for which they enable physics) except for your hair and cloaks, yes. Just rename them by adding a non-xml extension, so for example my Scarlet Dawn Armor's sc.xml might become sc.xml.nope. That will kill all physics on my Scarlet Dawn Armor while allowing SMP to work unhindered on everything else. Even more droll, Windows will henceforth identify the file as a NOPE FILE in the Type column of File Explorer. :classic_biggrin:

If you mean some easy-peasy parameter like a switch you can flip to turn off everything except hair and cloaks, no- SMP has no idea what it is jiggling, wiggling and waving, just that there are some moveable bones that are defined and constrained in xml files that the nifs' NiStringExtraData records point to.

Thanks. Guess that was hoping for too much, oh well just started adding SMP gear so it's easy to do that as I go.

On 11/16/2020 at 7:10 PM, labradoorhandle said:

Is it possible to change some setting or two so SMP is only active for say hair and cloaks?

You could change the smp config file defaultBBPs.xml so that it doesn't reference any body types by changing the shape reference names e.g. "BaseShape" to "!BaseShape". 

Any hair or cloaks that reference their xml's via an embedded link should still work, in theory.

58 minutes ago, Vortec said:

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?. Gone through Re-installing latest XPMSe Skeleton,  SKSE, SMP, ENB's and other fixes but I have been having this problem for a few months now.

I may be grasping at straws here, but you said you downloaded the latest SKSE (v 2 19) right?  I've had a lot of mods broken from going to 2.19.  Did you try reverting back to 2.17 to see if the problem persists?

You could try disabling one mod at a time to see what happens also.

By the way, the char on the left is pretty!

1 hour ago, Vortec said:

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?. Gone through Re-installing latest XPMSe Skeleton,  SKSE, SMP, ENB's and other fixes but I have been having this problem for a few months now.

Looks like typical "runaway SMP" to me. Two quick console commands you can try when this happens-

• pcb (PurgeCellBuffers)
  • smp reset (self-explanatory)

Also, for whatever reason, I had insta-crashes (CTD on loading savegame) when I tried SKSE64 2.00.19. Others report no issues with it, which suggests some mod incompatibility in my installation. Still, after I reverted to 2.00.17 as @asjflask suggested, It Just Works™.

37 minutes ago, asjflask said:

I may be grasping at straws here, but you said you downloaded the latest SKSE (v 2 19) right?  I've had a lot of mods broken from going to 2.19.  Did you try reverting back to 2.17 to see if the problem persists?

You could try disabling one mod at a time to see what happens also.

By the way, the char on the left is pretty!

Yes I have upgraded and downgraded the Skse tried many things. I also created a new separate install Mo2 directory and play-through and was even worse. This is Argina my Skyrim Companion for the past 6 years.

20201123220830_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Looks like typical "runaway SMP" to me. Two quick console commands you can try when this happens-

• pcb (PurgeCellBuffers)
  • smp reset (self-explanatory)

Also, for whatever reason, I had insta-crashes (CTD on loading savegame) when I tried SKSE64 2.00.19. Others report no issues with it, which suggests some mod incompatibility in my installation. Still, after I reverted to 2.00.17 as @asjflask suggested, It Just Works™.

I have been using smp reset...alot, as well as going to Showracemenu (does the same as smp reset). I will try PCB next time.  Edit...just tested, PCB helps for about 2 seconds lol.