On 11/23/2020 at 6:18 PM, Vortec said:

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?. Gone through Re-installing latest XPMSe Skeleton,  SKSE, SMP, ENB's and other fixes but I have been having this problem for a few months now.

This, usually ,happens when your FPS drops below a certain threshold for a moment; from my experience.

11 hours ago, MonVert said:

This, usually ,happens when your FPS drops below a certain threshold for a moment; from my experience.

The problem is that once the physics spazzes out and the fps drops to slideshow levels, it doesn't recover on its own- ever. Instead, it ultimately freezes up completely (0 fps) then crashes to desktop. You generally only have about 3-5 seconds to "catch it" before the CTD, which is why I have both pcb and smp reset set as macros on a couple of my Logitech G-Keys.

As a bit of an off-topic observation, I don't experience this "runaway slideshow" any more since I removed my Body Physics from SMP's clutches and gave it to CBPC- thus lightening my SMP load by making it run only my MaleGenitals, hair, earrings, amulet and apparel physics.

19 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

The problem is that once the physics spazzes out and the fps drops to slideshow levels, it doesn't recover on its own- ever. Instead, it ultimately freezes up completely (0 fps) then crashes to desktop. You generally only have about 3-5 seconds to "catch it" before the CTD, which is why I have both pcb and smp reset set as macros on a couple of my Logitech G-Keys.

As a bit of an off-topic observation, I don't experience this "runaway slideshow" any more since I removed my Body Physics from SMP's clutches and gave it to CBPC- thus lightening my SMP load by making it run only my MaleGenitals, hair, earrings, amulet and apparel physics.

Yeah, I know, but what I mean to say is it only take less than a second  FPS drop to start the runaway chain  ? And, yes, you essentially need to force close the game to get everything back to normal, or have it crash.

14 hours ago, MonVert said:

I believe your right although "finding" which setting and or combination of settings in the XPMSSE, SKSE, SKSE SMP, SMP Mod's, ENB's, Skyrim ini's-Pref's, Graphics Card-I recently bought a 144hz Monitor, so throw that in the mix (The SMP spaz started before the new monitor arrived).  Is daunting to say the least.

I do know that I have been using the same MO2 setup pretty much since Skyrim Se came out, just different mods, and haven't had a problem with SMP before until late June. Oh and the same Hardware except new Monitor.

Intel 2500K overclocked -4.6Mhz, AMD 580- 8gb, 16 MB Ram, SSD drives etc.

Vyxenne  suggested PCB and Reset SMP they do help...a Tad although oncve that Spaz train gets going it's hard to stop, I do find showracemenu is better at stopping the Spaz but even that has limits.

The SKSE and SMP logs have not shown anything out of ordinary nor useful to my Issue.

I asked Aers about anymore updates/Bug fixes to the SMP code itself, his reply...."Not likely". The Spaz reminds me so much of HDT early days in Oldrim that I can't recall the cause back then.

To Vyxenne I have tried Acro's CBPC for a few month's earlier this year, but wasn't satisfied with it and removed it to reduce my Modlist complexity.

My best guess since I have tried to use a separate MO2 install- whiched Spazed out even worse (More quickly and more often), that its something to do between my Hardware and Software settings for SMP and all its related eco system- ENB...on and on.

Google has offered me a Rabbit hole to deep dive into something that is not giving answers...what we all do in Modding Skyrim lol.

1 hour ago, MonVert said:

That might be your problem. ?Bill Gates would be proud hearing you can play Skyrim with only that much RAM.

But if my FPS ever drops below 10 It's almost certainly going to cause the spaz train for me.

Good catch lol, 16GB and yes I do remember when BIll said 640kb is enough Ram.

On 11/24/2020 at 12:18 AM, Vortec said:

On 11/24/2020 at 12:18 AM, Vortec said:

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?. Gone through Re-installing latest XPMSe Skeleton,  SKSE, SMP, ENB's and other fixes but I have been having this problem for a few months now

To me, it looks like the two npc/followers have been 'attached' to an SMP on the PC. It looks as if your PC is wearing an SMP cloak. In the past, when I moved said SMP culprit back to inventory it has fixed the problem. 

If the SMP 'connection' is not clear then place all SMP items into inventory. 

I hope that helps. 

3 hours ago, MonVert said:

[16MB Ram, which I'm pretty sure was meant to be 16 "GB"]

That might be your problem. ?Bill Gates would be proud hearing you can play Skyrim with only that much RAM.

Probably not. My 16GB box typically has 80-100 Chrome tabs open, Outlook, a command window or three, occasionally Bodyslide, and (always, obviously) MO2 running in parallel with SSE. No, I'm not kidding:

image.png.40392a7e0b20b36b7b84c229988b3199.png

(OK, so Chrome is a bit busier than usual today)

My frame rate occasionally drops to the 20s or even teens if there's a lot of moving going on in a busy cell, but I have yet to need to resort to slapping SMP to avoid a CTD, because there haven't been any SMP-related CTDs. Other than an occasional mesh- or skeleton-related crash--typically when I try out an unconverted LE mod or otherwise shoot myself in the foot--SSE doesn't crash.

From what I can tell, SMP issues are about CPU load rather than RAM.

4 minutes ago, General Neondaze said:

To me, it looks like the two npc/followers have been 'attached' to an SMP on the PC. It looks as if your PC is wearing an SMP cloak. In the past, when I moved said SMP culprit back to inventory it has fixed the problem. 

If the SMP 'connection' is not clear then place all SMP items into inventory. 

I hope that helps. 

That's interesting, my PC is wearing a Jacket, Serana is directly behind the PC in front of the Door, and yes Serana is the one wearing the SMP cloak (The flying Red High Heels belong to her).  Hard to see with that GIF-had a hard time making a GIF small enough for upload.

Interesting Posit- A SMP Bone/Node from an NPC equipped SMP article of clothing, attaches itself to the PC SMP bones/nodes. Sooo is this a bug?, or should only the PC wear SMP clothes?.

The Characters is the Gif are my PC, Serana, Lydia and Auri on the right.

Thank you Neondaze for that insight.

5 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

when I moved said SMP culprit back to inventory it has fixed the problem

5 hours ago, Vortec said:

should only the PC wear SMP clothes?

I made a small patch that redefines the Wench outfit to something a bit more interesting. :classic_tongue: Among the items in the new outfit are SMP earrings and amulets (the microskirts are too short for physics.) It's hard to "move an SMP item back to inventory" when it is being worn by 3-4 nearby NPCs as part of their default outfit.

Could I ask for some pointers on how to configure XML files? I've got a long hair model that I want to flow more bouncy-like, flowing easily behind the character when running but settling down without jiggling all about when stopping. I'd also like the constraints for bits like the bangs to bounce strongly once, maybe twice, from stronger movement but not flop around so much from lighter motions. Might anyone be able to suggest settings for the various parameters for effects like these?

12 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I made a small patch that redefines the Wench outfit to something a bit more interesting. :classic_tongue: Among the items in the new outfit are SMP earrings and amulets (the microskirts are too short for physics.) It's hard to "move an SMP item back to inventory" when it is being worn by 3-4 nearby NPCs as part of their default outfit.

I discovered this 'fix' whilst wearing SMP amulets. At the time I wasn't adding SMP items to NPCs. I do now but I haven't experienced this issue for ages. I would suggest trying removing items from only your PC to see if works. 

1 hour ago, General Neondaze said:

I discovered this 'fix' whilst wearing SMP amulets. At the time I wasn't adding SMP items to NPCs. I do now but I haven't experienced this issue for ages. I would suggest trying removing items from only your PC to see if works. 

Certainly worth trying. I played last night starting the quest in finding Valerica in the Soul Cairn, spent quite a few hours in the Soul Cairn, did all the quests in the Soul Cairn .....And not one instance of the runaway Spaz train...I had such High hopes.  After completing the Soul Cairn quest-line without any runaway Spaz train (all characters had the same SMP equipped stuff as in that GIF), I fast travelled to ShadowGreen Cavern no sooner than the transporter materialize my party the runaway Spaz train started up with a vengeance.

So after hours and hours of trouble free SMP physics in the Soul Cairn and to come back to Tamriel World and experience the Runaway Spaz train every couple of minutes of game play.

As an aside I don't know if this is related or not, I have noticed that whenever I go to my MCM menu my scroll wheel will zoom past the entire menu in a split second impossible to control Framerate remained at 59...which I have it set at.

Another aside sometimes my character will go from a slow walk to light speed running within half a step, very hard to control. The framerate doesn't change much at all.

So back to some "timing" issue theory again.

I will try your advise Neondaze, can't hurt things.

18 hours ago, Mud said:

Could I ask for some pointers on how to configure XML files? I've got a long hair model that I want to flow more bouncy-like, flowing easily behind the character when running but settling down without jiggling all about when stopping. I'd also like the constraints for bits like the bangs to bounce strongly once, maybe twice, from stronger movement but not flop around so much from lighter motions. Might anyone be able to suggest settings for the various parameters for effects like these?

Use the Focus2 wig and xml from KS Hairdos HDT-SMP- it has a long, flowing back (hangs down to the top of my butt) and two wispy side-front clumps and moves more realistically than any other wig I can recall seeing.

You can use the xml as a guide to set yours up.

8 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Use the Focus2 wig and xml from KS Hairdos HDT-SMP- it has a long, flowing back (hangs down to the top of my butt) and two wispy side-front clumps and moves more realistically than any other wig I can recall seeing.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I don't seem to see any wig or hair in this labeled Focus2?

6 hours ago, Mud said:

Thanks for the recommendation, but I don't seem to see any wig or hair in this labeled Focus2?

Focus2 is in Xing's https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31405.

In general, Xing's mod has much better hair physics than KSSMP. The meshes are typically separated into more pieces, and there are more--sometimes a lot more--bones involved. I turned Vyxenne on (yeah, she wishes...) to Xing's Runaway hair, and she's been seriously gaga over it ever since.

On 11/27/2020 at 6:11 AM, Mud said:
On 11/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, Vyxenne said:

On 11/27/2020 at 1:02 PM, ChaosTheorist said:

Oops! So many wigs, so little memory. Sorry. Still, as you can see, my suggestion may help you even if I didn't remember (bc I was not in game when I posted my response, duh!) which mod the wig was from.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:02 PM, ChaosTheorist said:

I turned Vyxenne on (yeah, she wishes...) to Xing's Runaway hair, and she's been seriously gaga over it ever since.

Still as modest as ever, I see... :classic_biggrin: But you're right about Runaway, Xing's is a bit longer, moves more realistically and does not clip into my back/shoulders when I stoop down ("sneak" stance) thanks to the collision proxy ring. However, I am using the Focus2 style more and more lately...

• 3 weeks later...